Super Bowl Picks Anyone?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
In Broncos country we have very fond memories of Papa Shanahan...

I bet you do. I just remember him telling his offense to chop block people into the hospital a lot. Made me wish somebody would put him in the game for a few downs.
Oh, I'm okay with gratuitous vulgarity. But there are ladies present.

Btw, don't worry about those two. They're my brothers.

That's the good thing about having the guys around. You can talk about just about anything, and not have to worry.

35c7d5.jpg

848195f9a11c3cfe20725853184ddcf2.jpg

Reactions: Lambano

Mayflower

Jul 14, 2018
Bluffton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sandra Bullock. According to Wiki, Julia Roberts turned the part down, and so did Bullock until she actually met the woman the story is based on (i.e. her and Michael Oher), and for a very interesting reason:

Academy Award winner Julia Roberts was originally offered Bullock's role, but turned it down. Bullock initially turned down the starring role three times due to discomfort with portraying a devout Christian. By her own account, Bullock felt she couldn't objectively represent such a person's beliefs on screen. But after a visit with the real Leigh Anne Tuohy, Bullock not only won the role, but also took a pay cut and agreed to receive a percentage of the profits instead.

I'm glad she took the role. I can't see the movie being as good with anyone else.

I get the actresses mixed up. I really like the movie though and it is an amazing story

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I haven't seen that particular movie, but I love watching Sandra Bullock! One of the cable channels had a Sandra Bullock week and I took in as many as I could. :)

The Proposal and Miss Congeniality were both great. We watched Forces Of Nature recently, with Ben Affleck.

That one was ok, but not as good. Strange ending. Can't remember what else she's been in, but I know there were a few other good ones.

Lambano

Jul 13, 2021
Island of Misfit Toys
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Proposal and Miss Congeniality were both great. We watched Forces Of Nature recently, with Ben Affleck.

That one was ok, but not as good. Strange ending. Can't remember what else she's been in, but I know there were a few other good ones.
I saw those two, plus Speed and The Heat during Sandra Bullock Week, and at least one more. It was great!

Oceanprayers

Jan 5, 2022
Panama City
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Ok, not sure if I'll make the ending or not, but who's winning the next game?

I'd like to see Pittsburgh win, but they may get run over. I'll take Kansas City by 17.
I like both teams. If KC wins they could play the Packers in this Superbowl. They met in the very first SB. So it would be a full circle.

For Pittsburgh, this is the last chance their long serving QB has to make the SB. Because he's retiring after this season.
It would be a great exit to win the SB and retire.

So for me it's a great opportunity for fans on either side to watch their respective team make history.☺️

Lambano

Jul 13, 2021
Island of Misfit Toys
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I like both teams. If KC wins they could play the Packers in this Superbowl. They met in the very first SB. So it would be a full circle.

For Pittsburgh, this is the last chance their long serving QB has to make the SB. Because he's retiring after this season.
It would be a great exit to win the SB and retire.

So for me it's a great opportunity for fans on either side to watch their respective team make history.☺️
If the Steelers do win, I'd graciously take the expected crap from my P-burg friend, but if I was a betting man, I'd go with HiH on this one. Chiefs in rout.

BTW, my friend was hoping the Steelers wouldn't make the playoffs because he wants Coach Tomlin fired. I don't know what he's got against Tomlin, but if that happened, I'd hope my Broncos would pick him up in a heartbeat.

Reactions: Oceanprayers

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'd go with HiH on this one. Chiefs in rout.

Only Mahomes isn't getting away with all that Superman stuff like he used to when he first joined the league. And they just turned it over and gave Pittsburgh a touchdown, so it does indeed get interesting now.

This is my first full day of football all season. Been fun : ) I don't normally go this long without getting some kind of work done... well, I did do some stuff, but been a long time since I relaxed almost an entire day. Pretty cool. :cool:

Lambano

Jul 13, 2021
Island of Misfit Toys
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Only Mahomes isn't getting away with all that Superman stuff like he used to when he first joined the league. And they just turned it over and gave Pittsburgh a touchdown, so it does indeed get interesting now.

This is my first full day of football all season. Been fun : ) I don't normally go this long without getting some kind of work done... well, I did do some stuff, but been a long time since I relaxed almost an entire day. Pretty cool. :cool:
I've got the game on TV, my work laptop open to some stuff I need to get done, and typing this on my personal laptop. Who says men can't multitask?