Super Bowl Picks Anyone?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Oceanprayers

Jan 5, 2022
Panama City
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Nothing wrong with taking a day to be lazy and set work aside.
I've got the game on TV, my work laptop open to some stuff I need to get done, and typing this on my personal laptop. Who says men can't multitask?
LOL, really, who says that ?:p

KC just got a TD. Tied score.

Reactions: Lambano

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I've got the game on TV, my work laptop open to some stuff I need to get done, and typing this on my personal laptop. Who says men can't multitask?

Every time I try that I end up pausing the game, and then I get behind on it, and then I'm missing the next game cuz I haven't finished the first one yet and I don't want to see the scores, and then I'm recording the final two, and then I get busy and forget to watch them till the week is over, LoL... never works. Today I minimal-tasked and got it out of the way.
I like both teams. If KC wins they could play the Packers in this Superbowl. They met in the very first SB. So it would be a full circle.

For Pittsburgh, this is the last chance their long serving QB has to make the SB. Because he's retiring after this season.
It would be a great exit to win the SB and retire.

So for me it's a great opportunity for fans on either side to watch their respective team make history.☺️

If I may, what got you interested in football? You watch with your husband and friends, or are you like one of those sold out women that single men dream about but aren't sure actually exist.

e3791317ad90988b8f177419baae5881

Lifelong_sinner

Sep 21, 2021
Somewhere in time
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well, my cowboys lost. What else is new. As a lifelong dallas fan, i’ve gotten used to being disappointed and let down each year. :oops::oops::(:(:mad::mad:

Lambano

Jul 13, 2021
Island of Misfit Toys
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well, my cowboys lost. What else is new. As a lifelong dallas fan, i’ve gotten used to being disappointed and let down each year. :oops::oops::(:(:mad::mad:
I'm old enough to remember the Roger Staubach and Troy Aikman days when Dallas was a contender every year. This year's team had talent, especially at the skill positions. They didn't play smart today, though. Too many critical penalties.

Oceanprayers

Jan 5, 2022
Panama City
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Every time I try that I end up pausing the game, and then I get behind on it, and then I'm missing the next game cuz I haven't finished the first one yet and I don't want to see the scores, and then I'm recording the final two, and then I get busy and forget to watch them till the week is over, LoL... never works. Today I minimal-tasked and got it out of the way.

If I may, what got you interested in football? You watch with your husband and friends, or are you like one of those sold out women that single men dream about but aren't sure actually exist.

e3791317ad90988b8f177419baae5881
Hubby use to play. He's a fan and I was one B4 we met.

KC leads 21 to 7.

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Why does somebody keep throwing a toilet paper roll at the ball every time Kansas City goes for an extra point? LoL

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm old enough to remember the Roger Staubach and Troy Aikman

Aikman is my favorite announcer. Very cool, likable guy. A lot of good announcers these days, actually. Romo is good too, and I never realized how smart he was. At least four or five times a game he will call things exactly how they are going to go pre-snap.

Seriously can't get used to Drew Breeze doing color commentary, though. That bites. He should have played for another few years, broken ribs or no broken ribs... sound selfish?

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Yeah, when I was younger they were dominant every year.

Jerry Jones should have never gotten rid of Jimmy Johnson. Born on the same day as me, and likely would have won the Cowboys several more Super Bowls if Jones hadn't messed up a good thing.

Dummy move. The Cowboys have never been the same since, and maybe never will be.

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well, it's snowballing now. At least Pittsburgh had a shot. Some teams can't even say that.

5c4af5ffa1940.image.jpg

HiH, I hope you were able to contact your bookie and get your bet down before the game started.

I never bet. :) But I have to admit, I was looking around to see if I couldn't lay a little money down on Buffalo and Tampa Bay in the Super Bowl this morning. The odds on that would have been pretty steep, and I could have probably turned $50 into about $500 if it happened.

But online gambling isn't legal in my State as of yet, and probably just as well. They say if you win, you can get hooked. I don't need a new addiction, LoL.

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Checking out, guys. Thanks for the company. It's more fun when you have people to talk to : )

Three more weeks of games left. Should be fun.

I'll likely be on tomorrow night.

God bless,
- H

Oceanprayers

Jan 5, 2022
Panama City
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Pittsburgh got creamed. :( I was so hoping their QB would be in his final SB.

But KC deserved the win. Love their QB. What an arm!

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Pittsburgh got creamed. :( I was so hoping their QB would be in his final SB.

I think he knew they wouldn't have enough. He was like in tears when they won that last home game to make it in, and saying how thankful he was for the opportunity to play in Pittsburgh and all, and then whatsherface with the microphone ... Michelle Tafoya said, "Well it's not over yet!"

He just kinda looked at her like, "Thanks, but this is my goodbyes right here. Don't spoil the moment." LoL. But just being able to make it in for the home crowd one last time was probably a pretty cool way to go out.

Oceanprayers

Jan 5, 2022
Panama City
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Mahomes is fun to watch. The Chiefs were pulling out all their gadget plays too. That's a fun team.
I agree. If they end up facing the Packers in the SB they'll have come full circle. KC met the Packers in the first SB. If they meet again in this one in the 21st century I think that will be pretty cool.

Nancy

Staff member
Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hi all,
I do not follow football but am happy if our team wins, as it seems to lift others spirits, lol. So, will Buffalo choke yet again do you all think? I notice it's not mentioned in the posts, that I have read anyhow... :)

Reactions: Oceanprayers