Super Bowl

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Chains Broken

Oct 26, 2023
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Not in pop culture.... Just go dig up the song Taylor and her gal pal Ice Spice put out.... I don't think it was a shout out to Peter.

Yeah. I looked her up, she actually doesn't have a single song on Spotify without vulgar language. Very mature.

That symbol will always be the cross of Saint Peter to me though no matter how much pop culture tries to pervert it.

Reactions: marks

Mr E

Aug 17, 2022
San Diego
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yeah. I looked her up, she actually doesn't have a single song on Spotify without vulgar language. Very mature.

That symbol will always be the cross of Saint Peter to me though no matter how much pop culture tries to pervert it.

That's maybe because you are Catholic or have been raised in a Catholic Church or school.

If you want one, just like hers-- here's the link. Note-- St Peter has left the building.

Reactions: Chains Broken

Chains Broken

Oct 26, 2023
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That's maybe because you are Catholic or have been raised in a Catholic Church or school.

If you want one, just like hers-- here's the link. Note-- St Peter has left the building.

Yeah I am Catholic. It makes sense that its more of a Catholic thing rather than a general Christian thing, I hadn't really thought of that.

I wouldn't wear one though since most people who see it probably would associate it with being anti-Christain like her rather than being for St. Peter.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus doesn't have an NFL team.

I don't think Jesus has an NFL team. As a matter of fact, I'd bet He could care less who won. Draino is a good name for this dude.
I learned on Saturday that the Super Bowl was on Sunday. I learned today who was playing. So there you have it!

Much love!

Mr E

Aug 17, 2022
San Diego
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus doesn't have an NFL team.

I don't think Jesus has an NFL team. As a matter of fact, I'd bet He could care less who won. Draino is a good name for this dude.

It’s a meme….. only a meme…. And it’s fading now….. fading away …

BlessedPeace

Aug 22, 2023
Bend
akiane.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I've never seen proof of Peter being crucified upside down.
Jesus speaking to and foretelling Peter's death.
Very truly I tell you, when you were younger you dressed yourself and went where you wanted; but when you are old you will stretch out your hands, and someone else will dress you and lead you where you do not want to go.” Jesus said this to indicate the kind of death by which Peter would glorify God. Then he said to him, “Follow me!”John 21:18-19

BlessedPeace

Aug 22, 2023
Bend
akiane.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

How Did Peter Die?​

The first indication of Peter dying by crucifixion comes directly from these verses in John. According to historical records, Peter died in Rome in AD 64 and he died under the reign of Emperor Nero. By the time Peter died in AD 64 many of the other apostles, possibly all of them, except for John had been martyred. While the time and place of his death are certain, the manner of his death, mainly being crucified upside down is not as certain. Here is what the website Evidence for Christianity wrote about this:

“The early church fathers are unanimous in claiming that Peter died in Rome, by crucifixion, during the persecution of Nero in AD 64. As for crucifixion upside down, that is also testified to, but the evidence is weaker for this particular form of crucifixion. The apocryphal Acts of Peter is the earliest reference to crucifixion of Peter upside down.”

There were other early church writers who testified to Peter dying in Rome but there is not as much evidence to support that Peter died by being crucified upside down. While we know he died a martyr we will have to place the fact of him dying upside down in the category of could be true but not sure if it is true.

Reactions: Chains Broken

Rockerduck

Nov 7, 2022
Marietta, Georgia.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus speaking to and foretelling Peter's death.
Very truly I tell you, when you were younger you dressed yourself and went where you wanted; but when you are old you will stretch out your hands, and someone else will dress you and lead you where you do not want to go.” Jesus said this to indicate the kind of death by which Peter would glorify God. Then he said to him, “Follow me!”John 21:18-19
Peter was crucified but not upside down. No proof.