Take Church to People

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Rex

Oct 17, 2012
Kingman AZ
To stand down and defuse the situation in this thread that Mellerd started Lets just ask why then does the catechism contradict itself?
This topic is being discussed in the chatholic protestant thread and I do believe mells message is more important that proving what many already know.

You can have the last word

And God bless you and your wife Mellerd for going into the world, may you always be preserved by our Lord Jesus from becoming a part of it.

I walk that road myself

Selene

Apr 12, 2010
In my house
Rex said:
To stand down and defuse the situation in this thread that Mellerd started Lets just ask why then does the catechism contradict itself?
This topic is being discussed in the chatholic protestant thread and I do believe mells message is more important that proving what many already know.

You can have the last word

And God bless you and your wife Mellerd for going into the world, may you always be preserved by our Lord Jesus from becoming a part of it.

I walk that road myself

You did not answer the question, Rex. Why did you leave out CCC 805??

Mellerd

Jul 24, 2013
aspen2 said:
look, this is a nice thought, but it reminds me of a book I am reading that tries to repackage church for the postmodern crowd. it is great at pointing out all the problems that lead to declining membership, but it recommends the same changes that Protestants have been trying for 500 years........'hey! let's start a new church - this time we will embrace change!' Uh-huh, yeah, good luck with that.....

'Yuck! Our food is full of GMOs and perservatives and hormones - it's killing us! We should do something.......Wait! i know what to do! We'll have a picnic!'

The only way to save Protestantism (short of reconcilliation with the catholic church ;) ) today is to slay a few sacred cows like 'Love God; Hate religion' and 'sermon driven services' and 'rejection of tradition'. Services should revolve around manditory, silent, 5 min, coorporate prayer, instead. this would take the focus off the minister, delivery of the message, etc and place it back on direct experience with God within a church community.
In response to this. We are not trying to repackage the church. Thats what the church keeps doing..I am not against church. The fact is, not everyone is going to go to a church no matter what it looks like. There are always going to be people that dont go to church..and we are just going to them.

Reactions: aspen