Take Church to People

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Mellerd

Jul 24, 2013
Our hearts are to love and reach people in the most unloved and unreached areas. This is a blog about reaching people in out of the box ways. We really believe that most people are not going just show up at our churches. We have to go to them. Our goal is to encourage others to go to people and even come along side them in that process.

Some of the areas we work in in Dallas.

Reaching people in the sex industry:
We do Brothel outreach and phone call ads to sex ads. We are trying to rescue sex trafficking victims too.

Loving the gay community:
Dallas has the second largest gay community in country. We go to hospice house for people dying of aids among other things.

Reaching people of all faiths:
We go into mosque and temples to build relationships with peoples and learn from them. We also teach people how to befriend other faiths in general.

New Age:
Have outreaches at drum circle

Lower Income Apartment Communities:
Work with drug addicts, mentally ill, etc..

Any area of your city can be reached. You just have to go and be willing to be outside the box. Hope this is in encouraging to you.

We would love to get more followers for our blog. Following our blog helps us encourage others to join in.

Thank you so much!!

Dodo_David

Melmacian in human guise
Jul 13, 2013
The Church is the universal body of believers in Messiah Jesus. So,the Church has always gone out to the people.

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
look, this is a nice thought, but it reminds me of a book I am reading that tries to repackage church for the postmodern crowd. it is great at pointing out all the problems that lead to declining membership, but it recommends the same changes that Protestants have been trying for 500 years........'hey! let's start a new church - this time we will embrace change!' Uh-huh, yeah, good luck with that.....

'Yuck! Our food is full of GMOs and perservatives and hormones - it's killing us! We should do something.......Wait! i know what to do! We'll have a picnic!'

The only way to save Protestantism (short of reconcilliation with the catholic church ;) ) today is to slay a few sacred cows like 'Love God; Hate religion' and 'sermon driven services' and 'rejection of tradition'. Services should revolve around manditory, silent, 5 min, coorporate prayer, instead. this would take the focus off the minister, delivery of the message, etc and place it back on direct experience with God within a church community.

Reactions: Mellerd

Angelina

Prayer Warrior
Staff member
Admin
Feb 4, 2011
New Zealand
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
Services should revolve around manditory, silent, 5 min, coorporate prayer, instead. this would take the focus off the minister, delivery of the message, etc and place it back on direct experience with God within a church community.
Some our Pentecostal Churches have been doing this for years. ;) not mandatory though...led by the HS!

Rex

Oct 17, 2012
Kingman AZ
aspen2 said:
look, this is a nice thought, but it reminds me of a book I am reading that tries to repackage church for the postmodern crowd. it is great at pointing out all the problems that lead to declining membership, but it recommends the same changes that Protestants have been trying for 500 years........'hey! let's start a new church - this time we will embrace change!' Uh-huh, yeah, good luck with that.....

'Yuck! Our food is full of GMOs and perservatives and hormones - it's killing us! We should do something.......Wait! i know what to do! We'll have a picnic!'

The only way to save Protestantism (short of reconcilliation with the catholic church ;) ) today is to slay a few sacred cows like 'Love God; Hate religion' and 'sermon driven services' and 'rejection of tradition'. Services should revolve around manditory, silent, 5 min, coorporate prayer, instead. this would take the focus off the minister, delivery of the message, etc and place it back on direct experience with God within a church community.
I have to admit that many protestant churches have followed the mystery mother the RCC into believing they to are special, but they know better than to worship Mary and Peter

where as Catholics are under contract to glorify Mary and Peter and leave God out of the equation all together.

Mary is the church

829 "But while in the most Blessed Virgin the Church has already reached that perfection whereby she exists without spot or wrinkle, the faithful still strive to conquer sin and increase in holiness. And so they turn their eyes to Mary":306 in her, the Church is already the "all-holy."

and Peter is the pope

838 "The Church knows that she is joined in many ways to the baptized who are honored by the name of Christian, but do not profess the Catholic faith in its entirety or have not preserved unity or communion under the successor of Peter."322 Those "who believe in Christ and have been properly baptized are put in a certain, although imperfect, communion with the Catholic Church."323With the Orthodox Churches, this communion is so profound "that it lacks little to attain the fullness that would permit a common celebration of the Lord's Eucharist."324

813 The Church is one because of her source: "the highest exemplar and source of this mystery is the unity, in the Trinity of Persons, of one God, the Father and the Son in the Holy Spirit."259 The Church is one because of her founder: for "the Word made flesh, the prince of peace, reconciled all men to God by the cross, . . . restoring the unity of all in one people and one body."260 The Church is one because of her "soul": "It is the Holy Spirit, dwelling in those who believe and pervading and ruling over the entire Church, who brings about that wonderful communion of the faithful and joins them together so intimately in Christ that he is the principle of the Church's unity."261 Unity is of the essence of the Church:

What an astonishing mystery! There is one Father of the universe, one Logos of the universe, and also one Holy Spirit, everywhere one and the same; there is also one virgin become mother, and I should like to call her "Church."262

You have to ask yourself WHERE DID JESUS go pertaining to the church and the church leadership?
Source Quotes; Catechism of the Catholic Church
http://www.scborromeo.org/ccc/p123a9p3.htm

Mellerd said:
Our hearts are to love and reach people in the most unloved and unreached areas. This is a blog about reaching people in out of the box ways. We really believe that most people are not going just show up at our churches. We have to go to them. Our goal is to encourage others to go to people and even come along side them in that process.
You're absolutely right Jesus said to go, not sit on your bum and wait for people to come to your big pretty church building.

aspen

Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
oh yeah and stop spreading disinformation AND promoting the idea that Christianity should be defined by what it opposes - thanks for the reminder Rex!

Rex

Oct 17, 2012
Kingman AZ
Disinformation aspen why those quotes are taken directly from your catechism
Who's really running the disinformation campaign

There are distinct differences between protestants and Catholics I'm simply pointing them out.

Selene

Apr 12, 2010
In my house
Mellerd said:

Some of the areas we work in in Dallas.

Reaching people in the sex industry:
We do Brothel outreach and phone call ads to sex ads. We are trying to rescue sex trafficking victims too.

Loving the gay community:
Dallas has the second largest gay community in country. We go to hospice house for people dying of aids among other things.

Reaching people of all faiths:
We go into mosque and temples to build relationships with peoples and learn from them. We also teach people how to befriend other faiths in general.

New Age:
Have outreaches at drum circle

Lower Income Apartment Communities:
Work with drug addicts, mentally ill, etc..

Any area of your city can be reached. You just have to go and be willing to be outside the box. Hope this is in encouraging to you.

We would love to get more followers for our blog. Following our blog helps us encourage others to join in.

Thank you so much!!
I think this is a noble thing you are doing.....bringing God to all people.
Rex said:
There are distinct differences between protestants and Catholics I'm simply pointing them out.
Why do you need to point it out, Rex?? Most posters in this board are already aware who the Catholics are on this board. There's only a few Catholics here, and it appears that you feel threatened by just the few. Why do you feel threatened by Catholics, Rex? I can understand the Muslims feeling threatened to the point that they tried to assassinate the former Pope John Paul II. But why do you feel threatened?

Reactions: aspen

Rex

Oct 17, 2012
Kingman AZ
Take it up with your big mouth protestant bashing buddy, I didn't post anything but the truth straight from your beloved catechism
And he's doing the same

aspen2 said:
I think this is a noble thing you are doing.....bringing God to all people.

Why do you need to point it out, Rex?? Most posters in this board are already aware who the Catholics are on this board. There's only a few Catholics here, and it appears that you feel threatened by just the few. Why do you feel threatened by Catholics, Rex? I can understand the Muslims feeling threatened to the point that they tried to assassinate the former Pope John Paul II. But why do you feel threatened?

Selene

Apr 12, 2010
In my house
Rex said:
Take it up with your big mouth protestant bashing buddy, I didn't post anything but the truth straight from your beloved catechism
And he's doing the same
Rex, why do you need to post anything from our Catechism? There's nothing in our Catechism that says that Protestants are not saved. It's only you saying it.

aspen

Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Surprise Rex, I was commenting on a book I am reading called 'Dead Church Walking' - about the death of Protestant Churches and what to do about it - I wasn't talking about you or your faith or your particular church. Why don't you take your own advice and 'get a grip'

The book is written by a Protestant

Rex

Oct 17, 2012
Kingman AZ
LOL aspen and the book includes winking smiles

Selene said:
Rex, why do you need to post anything from our Catechism? There's nothing in our Catechism that says that Protestants are not saved. It's only you saying it.
And your church makes it very clear that there is no salvation outside of it's membership period. I'll find some more if you continue in your denial

824 United with Christ, the Church is sanctified by him; through him and with him she becomes sanctifying. "All the activities of the Church are directed, as toward their end, to the sanctification of men in Christ and the glorification of God."292It is in the Church that "the fullness of the means of salvation"293 has been deposited. It is in her that "by the grace of God we acquire holiness."294

aspen

Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The winking smiley means 'I am joking' - the parenthesis support this

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I had some Jws knock on my door once. I had a chat to them for a while, they thanked me for listening to them, and told me no one wants to listen to the. So i told them. that is because you have nothing to offer them. People dont want or need church they want Jesus, and if He doesnt lead you along the way, you are wasting your breath.

In all His Love

aspen

Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
well mjr if you issist on misinterpreting 'church' for 'mans traditions' you will continue to misunderstand and fear Jesus's and Paul's understanding of the church. Also, there is no comparison between the false church of the JWs and the true church of Christ.

Selene

Apr 12, 2010
In my house
Rex said:
LOL aspen and the book includes winking smiles

And your church makes it very clear that there is no salvation outside of it's membership period. I'll find some more if you continue in your denial

824 United with Christ, the Church is sanctified by him; through him and with him she becomes sanctifying. "All the activities of the Church are directed, as toward their end, to the sanctification of men in Christ and the glorification of God."292It is in the Church that "the fullness of the means of salvation"293 has been deposited. It is in her that "by the grace of God we acquire holiness."294
The Catechism says that there is no salvation outside the Church, and the Church is defined as the entire body of Christ. The Catechism did NOT say that there is no salvation outside the Roman Catholic Church. When we say the "Church" what makes you think that we are speaking only of the RCC especially when the Catechism already stated that the RCC joins herself together with other Christians despite that they are not in perfect communion with the Pope?

And what is outside the Church, Rex?? Buddhism, Hinduism, Atheism, Shintoism, Wicca, etc. Do you believe that salvation is found in any of these things, which are indeed outside the Church.

Rex

Oct 17, 2012
Kingman AZ
Selene said:
The Catechism says that there is no salvation outside the Church, and the Church is defined as the entire body of Christ. The Catechism did NOT say that there is no salvation outside the Roman Catholic Church. When we say the "Church" what makes you think that we are speaking only of the RCC especially when the Catechism already stated that the RCC joins herself together with other Christians despite that they are not in perfect communion with the Pope?

And what is outside the Church, Rex?? Buddhism, Hinduism, Atheism, Shintoism, Wicca, etc. Do you believe that salvation is found in any of these things, which are indeed outside the Church.
I think you had better read the fine print Selene
Notice the red Christ is the unity of the church which is Mary
Again the catechism disagrees with your statement, the Church is defined as the entire body of Christ.
It's defined as Mary --->> a mystery

813 The Church is one because of her source: "the highest exemplar and source of this mystery is the unity, in the Trinity of Persons, of one God, the Father and the Son in the Holy Spirit."259 The Church is one because of her founder: for "the Word made flesh, the prince of peace, reconciled all men to God by the cross, . . . restoring the unity of all in one people and one body."260 The Church is one because of her "soul": "It is the Holy Spirit, dwelling in those who believe and pervading and ruling over the entire Church, who brings about that wonderful communion of the faithful and joins them together so intimately in Christ that he is the principle of the Church's unity."261Unity is of the essence of the Church:

The Fine print-->>>What an astonishing mystery! There is one Father of the universe, one Logos of the universe, and also one Holy Spirit, everywhere one and the same; there is also one virgin become mother, and I should like to call her "Church."262

What an astonishing mystery! There is one Father of the universe, one Logos of the universe, and also one Holy Spirit, everywhere one and the same; there is also one virgin become mother, and I should like to call her "Church."262
Now read this and apply Mary as she the church

830 The word "catholic" means "universal," in the sense of "according to the totality" or "in keeping with the whole." The Church is catholic in a double sense:
First, the Church is catholic because Christ is present in her. "Where there is Christ Jesus, there is the Catholic Church."307In her subsists the fullness of Christ's body united with its head; this implies that she receives from him "the fullness of the means of salvation"308 which he has willed: correct and complete confession of faith, full sacramental life, and ordained ministry in apostolic succession. The Church was, in this fundamental sense, catholic on the day of Pentecost309 and will always be so until the day of the Parousia.
Are you beginning to see who she "the RCChurch" is?

She "Mary" is not the body of Christ plan pure and simple.

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Christians despite that they are not in perfect communion with the Pope?
Were does the bible or Jesus for that matter say we must be in communion with any pope, we have one head " CHRIST".

Eclesia = called out ones, not entrapped in buildings.

Joh_3:6 That which is born of the flesh is flesh; and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit.

Mans "church' is born of teh flesh, Christs Ecclessia is born of teh Spirit.

Rom_8:1 There is therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.

In all His Love

aspen

Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
mell - sounds like you have a good thing going

Selene

Apr 12, 2010
In my house
Rex said:
I think you had better read the fine print Selene
Notice the red Christ is the unity of the church which is Mary
Again the catechism disagrees with your statement, the Church is defined as the entire body of Christ.
It's defined as Mary --->> a mystery

Now read this and apply Mary as she the church

Are you beginning to see who she "the RCChurch" is?

She "Mary" is not the body of Christ plan pure and simple.

That is because you are only "picking and choosing" from the Catechism what you want, Rex. You pick the Catechism that says "Mary is the Church?" Why didn't you ALSO pick Catechism #805 which says that the Church is the Body of Christ, Rex?? Why did you leave out CCC 805?

805 The Church is the Body of Christ. Through the Spirit and his action in the sacraments, above all the Eucharist, Christ, who once was dead and is now risen, establishes the community of believers as his own Body.

You see........a Catholic believes that Mary (the mother of Christ), all Christians on earth, all souls in Purgatory, and all the angels and Saints in Heaven are the entire mystical Body of Christ..........the whole Church. So, why did you leave out CCC 805, Rex? Yes, Mary is the Church.......and so are we.