Take Kids Out Watch Metiors Showers

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
PERSEID METEORS: This weekend, Earth is passing through the tail of Comet Swift-Tuttle, and all those little specks of comet dust are turning into Perseid meteors. Look for shooting stars tonight. The best time to look: between sunset and about 11 PM.

servant_of_the_end

Jul 15, 2006
I watch these every year as well as the Leoniv later in the year. My son loves them. However this year they will be obstructed by the light of a full moon. We went to watch them when they peaked a couple years ago and you could literally hear them and see the smoke trails as they lit up the camp. We even witnessed some of them skipping across the atmosphere and some breaking into many as they streaked across the sky.Thanks for the thread Kriss.

SilentFlight

Aug 13, 2006
I went this year with my dad they were brilliant, we were lucky the cloud cvered the moon but gave us space to see. Do you see slow ones, that move slowly acrss the sky they were very small and we were unsure of what they were?

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
I wasnt as lucky as you the moon was very bright so we could only see the bright ones I didnt see any slow ones but wish I had that sounds like it would have been a great thing to watch

gibby

Apr 4, 2006
We saw a few at Whidbey Island, WA. There was a little light pollution from the Seattle area but not too bad.