Take No Thought

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

ajdiamond

Aug 18, 2011
Minnesota
I heard this in a sermon a few days ago and it was helpful to me so I thought I'd share. It looks like the greek word that is usually translated "take thought" in the KJV occurs 20 times in the NT. Examples:

Take therefore no thought for the morrow: for the morrow shall take thought for the things of itself. (Mt 6:34)
And he said unto his disciples, Therefore I say unto you, Take no thought for your life, what ye shall eat; neither for the body, what ye shall put on. (Lk 12:22)
If ye then be not able to do that thing which is least, why take ye thought for the rest? (Lk 12:26)

The word has to do with anxiety and being troubled over something. But, the speaker said that this phrase includes the idea of:

predetermining and controlling the outcome of a thing with your mind

Whoa. Do we do this? I do.

Why is this important? Because most of the time we don't allow what is, to be. And so we don't experience the flow of what is really happening. We manipulate occurrences to a predetermined plan of how we want them to be. And that is what happens when we follow the reactionary carnal ego mind that can only replicate the past over and over again.

And when we predetermine and control the outcome of things with our minds, what happens? There is no room for Spirit to operate in us.

But when they deliver you up, take no thought how or what ye shall speak: for it shall be given you in that same hour what ye shall speak. For it is not ye that speak, but the Spirit of your Father which speaketh in you. (Mt 10:19-20)

Peace.