Talking in Tongues:

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Sword

Nov 13, 2016
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
A: No, No, No, No, No, No, and No!
Are all saved no no no no no.
But they can be. He is telling a fact of life. He is not saling what you want it to say. You are making it say what you want. If that was read in a court of law you would be laughed out of the court. Hes steing the obvious. He said I want you all to talk in tounges. No way round that.

tabletalk

Feb 6, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I think that spiritual gifts are given by God, and a gift from God cannot be worked for: grace is the free gift of God and if someone thinks they are working for it they won't receive grace.
For example: let's say a person wants to speak in tongues, doesn't know how, and eventually is led (by God?) to a you-tube video showing how to learn to speak in tongues. That is like the disciples at Pentecost having to "learn" other languages before they can speak. They did not have to learn the tongues, they were immediately given the gift.
So, one who has to learn how to speak in tongues, learn how to heal, learn how to prophesy has no gift from God; they are working for Grace, which is impossible.

7angels

Aug 13, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I think that spiritual gifts are given by God, and a gift from God cannot be worked for: grace is the free gift of God and if someone thinks they are working for it they won't receive grace.
For example: let's say a person wants to speak in tongues, doesn't know how, and eventually is led (by God?) to a you-tube video showing how to learn to speak in tongues. That is like the disciples at Pentecost having to "learn" other languages before they can speak. They did not have to learn the tongues, they were immediately given the gift.
So, one who has to learn how to speak in tongues, learn how to heal, learn how to prophesy has no gift from God; they are working for Grace, which is impossible.
no promise in the bible is free whether it is grace, salvation, healing, protection, tongues or anything else. each has a condition attached to it. so in other words you have to work for salvation, healing, tongues, protection, and ect thus according to your belief none of the mentioned gifts are really gifts from God because you must work for them. so please tell me what can be considered a gift from God that we don't have to work at? also you do know that grace is not automatic right? there is a condition set for grace to work also. so according to your explanation listed above even grace is not a free gift of God since we need to work at it. if i am misunderstanding your post please feel free to explain it too me so we can get onto the same sheet of music.

God bless

Reactions: Sword

Sword

Nov 13, 2016
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I think that spiritual gifts are given by God, and a gift from God cannot be worked for:
Aint that a fact. Amen.

grace is the free gift of God and if someone thinks they are working for it they won't receive grace.
Aint that a fact. Amen

For example: let's say a person wants to speak in tongues, doesn't know how, and eventually is led (by God?) to a you-tube video showing how to learn to speak in tongues.
Aint that a fact Amen. Just like I was.

That is like the disciples at Pentecost having to "learn" other languages before they can speak. They did not have to learn the tongues, they were immediately given the gift.
Aint that also a fact Amen.

Do you have any scripture that tells you unless you walk in healing completly its not from God.
We are growing up into Him in all things. Scripture says. Its a process. So what you are saying contradicts a house devided. You are saying that it is possible to do all these things out of self. You are saying if its not Grace then its not God. I am saying if you get the least thing healed. Its from God. No one can heal anyone with out God. The bible is full of ask and you will recive. so the gifts are there for everyone who wants all of them. I went after healing and have seen it for a fact. I went after tounges and have tounges for a fact. I will now go after a word of knowledge next.
Its impossible for what you are saying to be true. You ask for Grace its yours. You ask for healing its yours. You have to walk in faith . The grace has been given already. any thing you ask in my name I will do it for you. FACT. Why do we always look for the negative in God contiually.

tabletalk

Feb 6, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
so please tell me what can be considered a gift from God that we don't have to work at? also you do know that grace is not automatic right?

Romans 4:verses 4,5,6 : "
4 Now to him who works, the wages are not counted as grace but as debt.

David Celebrates the Same Truth
5. But to him who does not work but believes on Him who justifies the ungodly, his faith is accounted for righteousness, 6. just as David also describes the blessedness of the man to whom God imputes righteousness apart from works:..."

"...believes on Him..."

Belief is not a work. Salvation (justifying the ungodly, imputing righteousness) is "a gift of God that we don't have to work at" (your question answered).

Sounds impossible, I know, but that is the Good News.

7angels

Aug 13, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
i greatly suggest you look up both words in strong accordance. #2038(verb) and #2041(noun). verses 4&5 use #2038 and verse 6 uses #2041.

also remember the bible teaches faith without works is dead. in other words, just saying something is meaningless without doing something. if i told you i would gift/give you 1 million dollars but never gave it too you then where is the gift? it is the same with all the gifts of God. they are there for us but we need to grab hold of the promises. if you doubt what i say then post any promise and i will find the condition attached. it is usually right before or right after the promise. if salvation were truly free then everyone would be saved because Jesus died for everyone that they may be saved but everyone is not saved so what requirement/works is missing?

God bless