Teaching to Sear the Conscience

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

robert derrick

Apr 13, 2021
Houston, tx
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Nevertheless I tell you the truth; It is expedient for you that I go away: for if I go not away, the Comforter will not come unto you; but if I depart, I will send him unto you.

And when he is come, he will reprove the world of sin, and of righteousness, and of judgment.

And because iniquity shall abound, the love of many shall wax cold.

Searing our conscience is by hardening our hearts to God for the sake of sinning without conviction of the Spirit of truth, and having no desire for forgiveness and reconciliation to God. We push away and and despise the Spirit of grace to confess our sin with godly sorrow unto repentance.

If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

For godly sorrow worketh repentance to salvation not to be repented of: but the sorrow of the world worketh death.

We see that conviction and godly sorrow for sinning is necessary to confess from the heart our sin, and so be justly forgiven by Jesus for sinning.

Now the Spirit speaketh expressly, that in the latter times some shall depart from the faith, giving heed to seducing spirits, and doctrines of devils;

Speaking lies in hypocrisy; having their conscience seared with a hot iron.

We see here that searing the conscience is not just done by the world that rejects Jesus as the Christ, but is also done by Christians through false teaching.

Last edited: