Temples

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

daq

HSN#1851
Feb 9, 2013
Olam Haba
anatomic-36.gif
Re: Priesthood (Posts #21-56)

Luke 15:10-32 KJV
10. Likewise, I say unto you, there is joy in the presence of the angels of God over one sinner that repenteth.
11. And he said, A certain man had two sons:
12. And the younger of them said to his father, Father, give me the portion of goods that falleth to me. And he divided unto them his living.
13. And not many days after the younger son gathered all together, and took his journey into a far country, and there wasted his substance with riotous living.
14. And when he had spent all, there arose a mighty famine in that land; and he began to be in want.
15. And he went and joined himself to a citizen of that country; and he sent him into his fields to feed swine.
16. And he would fain have filled his belly with the husks that the swine did eat: and no man gave unto him.
17. And when he came to himself, he said, How many hired servants of my father's have bread enough and to spare, and I perish with hunger!
18. I will arise and go to my father, and will say unto him, Father, I have sinned against heaven, and before thee,
19. And am no more worthy to be called thy son: make me as one of thy hired servants.
20. And he arose, and came to his father. But when he was yet a great way off, his father saw him, and had compassion, and ran, and fell on his neck, and kissed him.
21. And the son said unto him, Father, I have sinned against heaven, and in thy sight, and am no more worthy to be called thy son.
22. But the father said to his servants, Bring forth the best robe, and put it on him; and put a ring on his hand, and shoes on his feet:
23. And bring hither the fatted calf, and kill it; and let us eat, and be merry:
24. For this my son was dead, and is alive again; he was lost, and is found. And they began to be merry.
25. Now his elder son was in the field: and as he came and drew nigh to the house, he heard musick and dancing.
26. And he called one of the servants, and asked what these things meant.
27. And he said unto him, Thy brother is come; and thy father hath killed the fatted calf, because he hath received him safe and sound.
28. And he was angry, and would not go in: therefore came his father out, and intreated him.
29. And he answering said to his father, Lo, these many years do I serve thee, neither transgressed I at any time thy commandment: and yet thou never gavest me a kid, that I might make merry with my friends:
30. But as soon as this thy son was come, which hath devoured thy living with harlots, thou hast killed for him the fatted calf.
31. And he said unto him, Son, thou art ever with me, and all that I have is thine.
32. It was meet that we should make merry, and be glad: for this thy brother was dead, and is alive again; and was lost, and is found.

1) Who is the elder son that never broke any commandment of the Father?
2) Who is the prodigal son that devoured his inheritance by living with harlots?
3) What is the best robe given in the Scripture and where is it found written therein?
breastplate-foundation-stones.jpg

daq

HSN#1851
Feb 9, 2013
Olam Haba
The best robe to be found written in the Scripture is this:

Exodus 28:1-43
1. And take thou unto thee Aaron thy brother, and his sons with him, from among the children of Israel, that he may minister unto me in the priest's office, even Aaron, Nadab and Abihu, Eleazar and Ithamar, Aaron's sons.
2. And thou shalt make holy garments for Aaron thy brother for glory and for beauty.
3. And thou shalt speak unto all that are wise hearted, whom I have filled with the spirit of wisdom, that they may make Aaron's garments to consecrate him, that he may minister unto me in the priest's office.
4. And these are the garments which they shall make; a breastplate, and an ephod, and a robe, and a broidered coat, a mitre, and a girdle: and they shall make holy garments for Aaron thy brother,
and his sons, that he may minister unto me in the priest's office.
5. And they shall take gold, and blue, and purple, and scarlet, and
[shesh bleached white six-weave twined] fine linen.
6. And they shall make the ephod of gold, of blue, and of purple, of scarlet, and fine twined linen, with cunning work.
7. It shall have the two shoulderpieces thereof joined at the two edges thereof; and so it shall be joined together.
8. And the curious girdle of the ephod, which is upon it, shall be of the same, according to the work thereof; even of gold, of blue, and purple, and scarlet, and fine twined linen.
9. And thou shalt take two onyx stones, and grave on them the names of the children of Israel:
10. Six of their names on one stone, and the other six names of the rest on the other stone, according to their birth.
11. With the work of an engraver in stone, like the engravings of a signet, shalt thou engrave the two stones with the names of the children of Israel: thou shalt make them to be set in ouches of gold.
12. And thou shalt put the two stones upon the shoulders of the ephod for stones of memorial unto the children of Israel: and Aaron shall bear their names before the Lord upon his two shoulders for a memorial.
13. And thou shalt make ouches of gold;
14. And two chains of pure gold at the ends; of wreathen work shalt thou make them, and fasten the wreathen chains to the ouches.
15. And thou shalt make the breastplate of judgment with cunning work; after the work of the ephod thou shalt make it; of gold, of blue, and of purple, and of scarlet, and of fine twined linen, shalt thou make it.
16. Foursquare it shall be being doubled; a span shall be the length thereof, and a span shall be the breadth thereof.
17. And thou shalt set in it settings of stones,
even four rows of stones: the first row shall be a sardius, a topaz, and a carbuncle: this shall be the first row.
18. And the second row shall be an emerald, a sapphire,
[lapis lazuli] and a diamond.
19. And the third row a ligure, an agate, and an amethyst.
20. And the fourth row a beryl, and an onyx, and a jasper: they shall be set in gold in their inclosings.
21. And the stones shall be with the names of the children of Israel, twelve, according to their names, like the engravings of a signet; every one with his name shall they be according to the twelve tribes.
22. And thou shalt make upon the breastplate chains at the ends of wreathen work of pure gold.
23. And thou shalt make upon the breastplate two rings of gold, and shalt put the two rings on the two ends of the breastplate.
24. And thou shalt put the two wreathen chains of gold in the two rings which are on the ends of the breastplate.
25. And the other two ends of the two wreathen chains thou shalt fasten in the two ouches, and put them on the shoulderpieces of the ephod before it.
26. And thou shalt make two rings of gold, and thou shalt put them upon the two ends of the breastplate in the border thereof, which is in the side of the ephod inward.
27. And two other rings of gold thou shalt make, and shalt put them on the two sides of the ephod underneath, toward the forepart thereof, over against the other coupling thereof, above the curious girdle of the ephod.
28. And they shall bind the breastplate by the rings thereof unto the rings of the ephod with a lace of blue, that it may be above the curious girdle of the ephod, and that the breastplate be not loosed from the ephod.
29. And Aaron shall bear the names of the children of Israel in the breastplate of judgment upon his heart, when he goeth in unto the holy place, for a memorial before the Lord continually.
30. And thou shalt put in the breastplate of judgment the Urim and the Thummim; and they shall be upon Aaron's heart, when he goeth in before the Lord: and Aaron shall bear the judgment of the children of Israel upon his heart before the Lord continually.
31. And thou shalt make the robe of the ephod all of blue.
32. And there shall be an hole in the top of it, in the midst thereof: it shall have a binding of woven work round about the hole of it, as it were the hole of an habergeon, that it be not rent.
33. And beneath upon the hem of it thou shalt make pomegranates of blue, and of purple, and of scarlet, round about the hem thereof; and bells of gold between them round about:
34. A golden bell and a pomegranate, a golden bell and a pomegranate, upon the hem of the robe round about.
35. And it shall be upon Aaron to minister: and his sound shall be heard when he goeth in unto the holy place before the Lord, and when he cometh out, that he die not.
36. And thou shalt make a plate of pure gold, and grave upon it, like the engravings of a signet, HOLINESS TO THE LORD
["KODESH LA-YHWH"].
37. And thou shalt put it on a blue lace, that it may be upon the mitre; upon the forefront of the mitre it shall be.
38. And it shall be upon Aaron's forehead, that Aaron may bear the iniquity of the holy things, which the children of Israel shall hallow in all their holy gifts; and it shall be always upon his forehead, that they may be accepted before the Lord.
39. And thou shalt embroider the coat of fine linen, and thou shalt make the mitre of fine linen, and thou shalt make the girdle of needlework.
40. And for Aaron's sons thou shalt make coats, and thou shalt make for them girdles, and bonnets shalt thou make for them, for glory and for beauty.
41. And thou shalt put them upon Aaron thy brother, and his sons with him; and shalt anoint them, and consecrate them, and sanctify them, that they may minister unto me in the priest's office.
42. And thou shalt make them linen breeches to cover their nakedness; from the loins even unto the thighs they shall reach:
43. And they shall be upon Aaron, and upon his sons, when they come in unto the tabernacle of the congregation, or when they come near unto the altar to minister in the holy place; that they bear not iniquity, and die: it shall be a statute for ever unto him and his seed after him.
[the holy seed is Spirit]

Hebrews 4:16
16. Let us therefore come boldly unto the throne of grace, that we may obtain mercy, and find grace to help in time of need.

Hebrews 10:19-22
19. Having therefore, brethren, boldness to enter into the holiest by the blood of Yeshua,
20. By a new and living way, which he hath consecrated for us, through the veil, that is to say, his flesh;
21. And having an high priest over the house of God;
22. Let us draw near with a true heart in full assurance of faith, having our hearts sprinkled from an evil conscience, and our bodies washed with pure water.

2 Corinthians 5:1-4
1. For we know that if the earthly house of our tabernacle be dissolved, we have a building from God, a house not made with hands, eternal, in the heavens.
2. For verily in this we groan, longing to be clothed upon with our habitation which is from heaven:
3. If so be that being clothed we shall not be found naked.
4. For indeed we that are in this tabernacle do groan, being burdened; not for that we would be unclothed, but that we would be clothed upon, that what is mortal may be swallowed up of life.

2 Corinthians 5:14-17
14. For the love of Christ constraineth us; because we thus judge, that one died for all, therefore all died;
15. And that he died for all, that they which live should not henceforth live unto themselves, but unto him which died for them, and rose again.
16. Wherefore henceforth know we no man after the flesh: yea, though we have known Christ after the flesh, yet now henceforth know we him no more.
17. Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new.

Revelation 21:1-7
1. And I saw a new heaven and a new earth: for the first heaven and the first earth were passed away; and there was no more sea.
2. And I saw the holy city, new Jerusalem, coming down from God out of heaven, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband.
3. And I heard a great voice out of heaven saying, Behold, the tabernacle of God is with men, and he will dwell with them, and they shall be his people, and God himself shall be with them, and be their God.
4. And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things are passed away.
5. And he that sat upon the throne said, Behold, I make all things new. And he said unto me, Write: for these words are true and faithful.
6. And he said unto me, It is done!
[Re: John 19:30] I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end. I will give unto him that is athirst of the fountain of the water of life freely.
7. He that overcometh shall inherit all things; and I will be his God, and he shall be my son.

Ahhah to be clothed from on high with the Tabernacle of God . . .
The City of the Great King, YHWH Tsabaoth!

breatsplate-ephod.gif

Yeshua answered and spoke unto them again by parables, and said; The kingdom of heaven is like unto a certain King, which made gamos-marriage-feast-nuptials for his Son, and sent forth his servants to call them that were bidden to the gamos marriage feast; and they would not come. Again, he sent forth other servants, saying, Tell them which are bidden, Behold, I have prepared my best Seder: my oxen and my fatlings are slain, and all things are ready; come unto the marriage feast nuptials! But they made light of it, and went their ways, one to his farm, another to his merchandise; and the remnant took his servants, and entreated them spitefully, and slew them. But when the King heard thereof, he was wroth: and he sent forth his armies, and destroyed those murderers, and burned up their city. Then says he unto his servants: The marriage feast is ready, but they which were bidden were not worthy. Go you therefore into the highways, and as many as you shall find, call into the marriage feast. So those servants went out into the highways, and gathered together all as many as they found, both bad and good: and the guests of the marriage feast were furnished. But when the King came in to see those reclining, he saw there a man not having put on the garments for the marriage feast; and he says unto him: Fellow, how is it you enter here not having a marriage feast garment? And he was speechless. Then said the King to the servants: Bind him hand and foot, and take him away, and cast him into outer darkness; there shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth. For many are called, but few are chosen.

EZEKIEL 44 ~ ZADOK PRIESTHOOD

Aaron ~ Eleazar-Lazaros ~ Phinehas ~ Zadok

1 Chronicles 6:3-15
3. And the children of Amram; Aaron, and Moses, and Miriam. The sons also of Aaron; Nadab, and Abihu, Eleazar, and Ithamar.
4. Eleazar begat Phinehas, Phinehas begat Abishua,
5. And Abishua begat Bukki, and Bukki begat Uzzi,
6. And Uzzi begat Zerahiah, and Zerahiah begat Meraioth,
7. Meraioth begat Amariah, and Amariah begat Ahitub,
8. And Ahitub begat Zadok, and Zadok begat Ahimaaz,
9. And Ahimaaz begat Azariah, and Azariah begat Johanan,
10. And Johanan begat Azariah, (he it is that executed the priest's office in the temple that Solomon built in Jerusalem:)
11. And Azariah begat Amariah, and Amariah begat Ahitub,
12. And Ahitub begat Zadok, and Zadok begat Shallum,
13. And Shallum begat Hilkiah, and Hilkiah begat Azariah,
14. And Azariah begat Seraiah, and Seraiah begat Jehozadak,
15. And Jehozadak went into captivity, when the Lord carried away Judah and Jerusalem by the hand of Nebuchadnezzar.

Ezekiel 44:15-18
15. But the priests the Levites, the sons of Zadok, that kept the charge of my sanctuary when the children of Israel went astray from me, they shall come near to me to minister unto me, and they shall stand before me to offer unto me the fat and the blood, saith the Lord God:
16. They shall enter into my sanctuary, and they shall come near to my table, to minister unto me, and they shall keep my charge.
17. And it shall come to pass, that when they enter in at the gates of the inner court, they shall be clothed with linen (HSN#6593 pishteh) garments; and no wool shall come upon them, whiles they minister in the gates of the inner court, and within.
18. They shall have linen bonnets (turbans) upon their heads, and shall have linen breeches upon their loins; they shall not gird (HSN#2296 chagar) themselves with any thing that causeth sweat.

Original Strong's Ref. #6593
Romanized pishteh
Pronounced pish-teh'
from the same as HSN6580 as in the sense of comminuting; linen (i.e. the thread, as carded):
KJV--flax, linen.

Original Strong's Ref. #6580
Romanized pash
Pronounced pash
probably from an unused root meaning to disintegrate; stupidity (as a result of grossness or of degeneracy):
KJV--extremity.

Original Strong's Ref. #2296
Romanized chagar
Pronounced khaw-gar'
a primitive root; to gird on (as a belt, armor, etc.):
KJV--be able to put on, be afraid, appointed, gird, restrain, X on every side.

The linen garments are to be loose fitting, not binding, a relaxed or "degenerated" material, as flowing, and not causing any sweat like as would be caused by wool, (also wool being a rough and irritable material to the skin). The word translated as "gird" (chagar) might better be understood more appropriately as "to bind about" (with fearfulness implied in the meaning of the word). What would cause a priest to come before YHWH with an improper kind of fear? What would cause a priest to sweat? In other words the linen garments we are to wear, when we come before YHWH, should not cause any distractions, should not be constricting in any way, and most of all should not cause one to "sweat" due to an improper kind of FEAR, (not the proper "godly fear" out of respect but rather "a fearfulness" coming from guilt and causing us to draw away, bind up, spiritually "sweat").

In other words the garments are the CONSCIENCE. The supernal-spiritual understanding undoubtedly speaks of spiritual linen garments which are devoid of any lingering guilt from a guilty conscience caused by the "wool of sin" in a garment analogy which is similar to the "leaven of sin" bread analogy.

Acts 24:14-16
14. But this I confess unto thee; that after the Way, which they call heresy, so worship I the God of my fathers believing all things which are written in the law and in the prophets:
15. And have hope toward God, which they themselves also allow, that there shall be a resurrection of the dead, both of the just and unjust.
16. And herein do I exercise myself,
to have always a conscience void of offence toward God, and toward men.

All of the Ezekiel 44 attributes of the sons of Zadok are found in the New Covenant Epistles.
The following are just a few of the many examples:

Ezekiel 44:19-20
19. And when they go forth into the utter court, even into the utter court to the people, they shall put off their garments wherein they ministered, and lay them in the holy chambers, and they shall put on other garments; and they shall not sanctify the people with their garments.
[the holy garments are inner-supernal]
20. Neither shall they shave their heads, nor suffer their locks to grow long; they shall only poll their heads.

1 Corinthians 11:14
14. Doth not even nature itself teach you, that, if a man have long hair, it is a shame unto him?

------------------------------

Ezekiel 44:21
21. Neither shall any priest drink wine, when they enter into the inner court.

Ephesians 5:17-18
17. Wherefore be ye not unwise, but understanding what the will of the Lord is.
18. And be not drunk with wine, wherein is excess; but be filled with the Spirit.

Ezekiel 44:22-23
22. Neither shall they take for their wives a widow, nor her that is put away: but they shall take maidens of the seed of the house of Israel, or a widow that had a priest before.
23. And they shall teach my people the difference between the holy and profane, and cause them to discern between the unclean and the clean.

2 Corinthians 6:14-17
14. Be ye not unequally yoked together with infidels: for what fellowship hath righteousness with unrighteousness? and what communion hath light with darkness?
15. And what concord hath Christ with Belial? or what part hath he that believeth with an infidel?
16. And what agreement hath the temple of God with idols? for ye are the temple of the living God; as God hath said, I will dwell in them, and walk in them; and I will be their God, and they shall be my people.
17. Wherefore come out from among them, and be ye separate, saith the Lord, and touch not the unclean thing; and I will receive you.

Ezekiel 44:24
24. And in controversy they shall stand in judgment; and they shall judge it according to my judgments: and they shall keep my laws and my statutes in all mine assemblies; and they shall hallow my Sabbaths.

Acts 13:14-16
14. But when they departed from Perga, they came to Antioch in Pisidia, and went into the synagogue on the Sabbath day, and sat down.
15. And after the reading of the law and the prophets the rulers of the synagogue sent unto them, saying, Ye men and brethren, if ye have any word of exhortation for the people, say on.
16. Then Paul stood up, and beckoning with his hand said, Men of Israel, and ye that fear God, give audience.

Acts 13:42-44
42. And when the Jews were gone out of the synagogue, the Gentiles besought that these words might be preached to them the next Sabbath.
43. Now when the congregation was broken up, many of the Jews and religious proselytes followed Paul and Barnabas: who, speaking to them, persuaded them to continue in the grace of God.
44. And the next Sabbath day came almost the whole city together to hear the word of God.

Acts 17:1-3
1. Now when they had passed through Amphipolis and Apollonia, they came to Thessalonica, where was a synagogue of the Jews:
2. And Paul, as his manner was, went in unto them, and three Sabbath days reasoned with them out of the scriptures,
3. Opening and alleging, that Christ must needs have suffered, and risen again from the dead; and that this Yeshua, whom I preach unto you, is Christ.

Ezekiel 44:25-27 KJV
25. And they shall come at no dead person to defile themselves: but for father, or for mother, or for son, or for daughter, for brother, or for sister that hath had no husband, they may defile themselves.
26. And after he is cleansed, they shall reckon unto him seven days.
27. And in the day that he goeth into the sanctuary, unto the inner court, to minister in the sanctuary, he shall offer his sin offering, saith the Lord God.

Only with our own immediate physical family members are the disciple sof Yeshua authorized by Scripture to have the nearness of fellowship with, convene with, congregate with, dine with, entertain with, when it comes to "the dead" (supernal of course meaning "the spiritually dead"). This is not concerning the outside world; for the man is the house, otherwise, as Paul likewise states, we would musts needs go outside of the world. We judge our house and those fellow servants within our own house. Therefore the wicked ones we cut off from our own midst, and again, every man is a house with all its members:

1 Corinthians 5:9-13 KJV
9. I wrote unto you in an epistle not to company with fornicators:
10. Yet not altogether with the fornicators of this world, or with the covetous, or extortioners, or with idolaters; for then must ye needs go out of the world.
11. But now I have written unto you not to keep company, if any that is called "a brother" be a fornicator, or covetous, or an idolater, or a railer, or a drunkard, or an extortioner; with such an one no not to eat.
For what have I to do to judge them also that are without? do not ye judge them that are within?
13. But them that are without God judgeth. Therefore put away from among yourselves that wicked person.

Daniel 9:27 Confirmation of the Covenant

Ezekiel 44:28 KJV
28. And it shall be unto them for an inheritance: I am their inheritance: and ye shall give them no possession in Israel:

I AM THEIR POSSESSION.

"Ye see how wise a lawgiver was Paulos" . . .
:)

Jacob_Rising

Oct 2, 2013
Jacob_Rising said:
So Daq I would be interested in hearing your opinion of 2 Thes 2:4

4 who opposes and exalts himself above all that is called God or that is worshiped, so that he sits as God[c] in the temple of God, showing himself that he is God.

The Naos temple Paul speaks about, in your opinion is it flesh or stone?

In regards to your picture question my answer would be based on the date of temple service. Before or after the veil was torn?

_______________________________________________________________________________________________End Rex

Jacob_Rising-------------v

The one who opposes and exalts is the man of sin within everyone, in my opinion.

If you have called the laws of God a strange thing, you sit in your Temple{your body} opposing all that is called of God.

Sitting in YOUR temple, you decide.
I believe that the Temple is in 3 sections to show the 3 sections of our being. Body-Soul-Spirit.

That we are the Temple of God.

We sit in our Temples, and we either agree with God, or we can choose to go against God. We can call the ways and laws of God wrong, and choose to replace his ways with our ways. If we do this, then we are sitting in our own Temples changing the word of God as if we had the authority. That if we really think we have the authority above God, to change his word, we are showing ourselves to be gods, and to be against everything that is called of God.

The Temple.
Body, Soul, and spirit.

The Passover, The Shavuot, The Sukkot.
The way, The truth, the life.
The outer court, the Holy place, The Holy of Holies.
The sower, the wheat and tares, the mustard seed.

It looks like the bible is always teaching and showing what our beings are made of.

Angelina

Prayer Warrior
Staff member
Admin
Feb 4, 2011
New Zealand
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
Hi Jacob. Welcome to CyB! :)

I agree with your temple analogy defined as body, soul and spirit.
http://www.christianityboard.com/blog/84/entry-541-popular-christian-theology-dispelling-the-myths/

I also believe that we are the last physical temple before Christ's comes again. The way, the truth and the life also reminds me of this verses typology of Christ which was housed in the OT Ark of the covenant. The jar of manna, the 2 stone tablets and Aaron's budding rod.
http://www.christianityboard.com/topic/17225-past-present-shadows-a-future-reality/#entry210104

Great to have you aboard and be blessed!

daq

HSN#1851
Feb 9, 2013
Olam Haba
Yes, welcome to the forum Jacob_Rising and I likewise agree that man is specifically designed to be the holy temple of God. :)

The man is primarily "the soul" and as we know, according to the Scripture, the nephesh-soul resides in the blood. Perhaps this is the reason why Jacob is called a "worm" in Isaiah 41:14, ("Fear not, thou worm Jacob, and ye men of Israel; I will help thee, saith the Lord, and thy redeemer, the Holy One of Israel"). Perhaps then by analogy, judging by your avatar, you might understand what I say when I propose that man is therefore just a "DNA worm" inside of his own "Matrix"-world or "dominion", (thus make yourself "the third ruler" of your dominion so that you not become an antichrist like that "old man" Belshazzar). However, this genos of "DNA" comes only by faith and the hearing and receiving of the seed of the Word-Testimony of Yeshua, (from thence is buds and blossoms like the rod of Aaron). The following is from a recent email which I hope will help to explain what I mean through the symbolism of Scripture:

The man is the earth, (both the 'erets-"outer-bounds-commons-flesh" and the 'adamah-soil of the Parable of the Sower's heart of the man). The nephesh-soul resides in the blood which circulates through "all the earth" of the man and returns to the fertile soil of the heart of the man, (like Jonah going down to "the depths of the sea" is this analogy because man is a soul traversing through his own beast of a body with its "rivers", "streams", "seas", and "watercourses" of the man). Over this entire "landscape" of the man is a "covering" of skin, like the skin of the face of Moses which shone with glory although that same "covering Cherub" of the outward flesh was to be ultimately done away with. Not Torah was to be done away but rather the flesh interpretations of Torah along with the flesh itself, (see the 2 Corinthians 3 passage and compare it with Exodus 34:29-35 where if one reads attentively with prayer and in sincerity the same will see that it is verily the skin of the face of Moses which vail of the covering Cherub of the flesh-skin was to be abolished). You are a nephesh-soul having been placed inside an earthen vessel; fill up your earth-land with the knowledge of God by and through his Spirit and Word.

gan-eden.gif

Yonah 2:1-10
1. Then prayed Yonah unto YHWH his 'Elohay out of the belly of the fish,
2. And said, I cried by reason of mine affliction unto YHWH, and he heard me; out of the belly of Sheol I cried, and thou hast heard my voice.
3. For thou hadst cast me into the depths, in the midst of the seas; and the floods compassed me about: all thy billows and thy waves passed over me.
4. Then I said, I am cast out of thy sight;
yet I will look again toward thy holy temple. [the heart]
5. The waters compassed me about, even to the nephesh-soul: the deep closed me round about, the reeds were wrapped about my head.
I went down to the bottoms of the mountains; the earth with her bars was about me for ever: yet hast thou brought up my life from corruption, O YHWH 'Elohay!
When my nephesh-soul fainted within me I remembered YHWH: and my prayer came in unto thee, into thine holy temple. [the heart]
8. They that observe lying vanities forsake their own mercy.
9. But I will sacrifice unto thee with the voice of thanksgiving; I will pay that that I have vowed. Yeshu`ah-Salvation is of YHWH.

10. And spake YHWH unto the fish, and it spewed Yonah toward the yabbashah
[dry land].

Yonah went down to the depths of the abyss but comes back up into the temple of God which is the heart.
Yonah is not the body but the little DNA-worm-soul which traverses through the body-earth-land-soil.
The great fish is the temporary "living creature" of the flesh-body with a "mind" of its own . . . :)

veteran

Aug 6, 2010
Southeast USA
It's Biblical and historical ignorance to confuse the NT idea of a spiritual temple like in Eph.2 with the physical literal temple Paul mentioned in the 2 Thess.2:3-4 Scripture. That's what this debate about temples has been about, how some cannot bring theirself to understand that the orthodox Jews in Jerusalem today already have the materials ready to build another physical temple in Jerusalem, which will be a false temple for the coming antichrist to sit in and play God.

daq

HSN#1851
Feb 9, 2013
Olam Haba
veteran said:
It's Biblical and historical ignorance to confuse the NT idea of a spiritual temple like in Eph.2 with the physical literal temple Paul mentioned in the 2 Thess.2:3-4 Scripture. That's what this debate about temples has been about, how some cannot bring theirself to understand that the orthodox Jews in Jerusalem today already have the materials ready to build another physical temple in Jerusalem, which will be a false temple for the coming antichrist to sit in and play God.
The overwhelming evidence presented herein this page proves beyond the shadow of any reasonable doubt whatsoever that when Paul employs the word NAOS for the Temple of God he very clearly and emphatically speaks of the TEMPLE OF GOD which is YOU and your body-temple which is no longer your own if you have truly come to Messiah.

2 Thessalonians 2:1-4 KJV
1. Now we beseech you, brethren, by the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ, and by our gathering together unto him,
2. That ye be not soon shaken in mind, or be troubled, neither by spirit, nor by word, nor by letter as from us, as that the day of Christ is at hand.
3. Let no man deceive you by any means: for that day shall not come, except there come a falling away first, and that man of sin be revealed, the son of perdition;
4. Who opposeth and exalteth himself above all that is called God, or that is worshipped; so that he as God sitteth in the temple [naos] of God, shewing himself that he is God.

All of the things presented above are the various ways in which our Creator has used symbolism and typology to describe exactly how he wants his people to treat and maintain his temple which is YOU, ME, and EVERY MAN, WOMAN, or CHILD.

1 Corinthians 3:16-19 KJV
16. Know ye not that ye are the temple [naos] of God, and that the Spirit of God dwelleth in you?
17. If any man defile the temple [naos] of God, him shall God destroy; for the temple [naos] of God is holy, which temple ye are.
18. Let no man deceive himself. If any man among you seemeth to be wise in this world, let him become a fool, that he may be wise.
19. For the wisdom of this world is foolishness with God. For it is written, He taketh the wise in their own craftiness.

1 Corinthians 6:15-20 KJV
15. Know ye not that your bodies are the members of Christ? shall I then take the members of Christ, and make them the members of an harlot? God forbid.
16. What? know ye not that he which is joined to an harlot is one body? for two, saith he, shall be one flesh.
17. But he that is joined unto the Lord is one spirit.
18. Flee fornication. Every sin that a man doeth is without the body; but he that committeth fornication sinneth against his own body.
19. What? know ye not that your body is the temple [naos] of the Holy Ghost which is in you, which ye have of God, and ye are not your own?
20. For ye are bought with a price: therefore glorify God in your body, and in your spirit, which are God's.

Luke 11:24-26 KJV
24. When the unclean spirit is gone out of a man, he walketh through dry places, seeking rest; and finding none, he saith, I will return unto my house whence I came out.
25. And when he cometh, he findeth it swept and garnished.
26. Then goeth he, and taketh to him seven other spirits more wicked than himself; and they enter in, and dwell there: and the last state of that man is worse than the first.

Therefore what Yeshua says privately to Peter and Andrew, and James and John, he says to all; WATCH! :)

veteran

Aug 6, 2010
Southeast USA
daq said:
The overwhelming evidence presented herein this page proves beyond the shadow of any reasonable doubt whatsoever that when Paul employs the word NAOS for the Temple of God he very clearly and emphatically speaks of the TEMPLE OF GOD which is YOU and your body-temple which is no longer your own if you have truly come to Messiah.
In order to believe that one must leave... Apostle Paul's main topic warning of the 2 Thess.2 chapter, and that is of a false one coming to exalt himself as God, and over all that is even called... God, or that is worshipped.

II Th 2:3-4
3 Let no man deceive you by any means: for that day shall not come, except there come a falling away first, and that man of sin be revealed, the son of perdition;
4 Who opposeth and exalteth himself above all that is called God, or that is worshipped; so that he as God sitteth in the
temple (Greek naos) of God, shewing himself that he is God.
(KJV)

In ALL... of the following Scriptures, the Greek word used is 'naos', the same Greek word used by Paul in 2 Thess.2:4 about a literal... physical... temple... or shrine:

Matt 23:16
16 Woe unto you, ye blind guides, which say, Whosoever shall swear by the
temple, it is nothing; but whosoever shall swear by the gold of the temple, he is a debtor!
(KJV)

Matt 27:5
5 And he cast down the pieces of silver in the
temple, and departed, and went and hanged himself.
(KJV)

Matt 27:51
51 And, behold, the veil of the
temple was rent in twain from the top to the bottom; and the earth did quake, and the rocks rent;
(KJV)

Luke 1:9
9 According to the custom of the priest's office, his lot was to burn incense when he went into the
temple of the Lord.
(KJV)

Acts 17:24
24 God that made the world and all things therein, seeing that he is Lord of heaven and earth, dwelleth not in
temples made with hands;
(KJV)

Acts 19:24-27
24 For a certain man named Demetrius, a silversmith, which made silver
shrines for Diana, brought no small gain unto the craftsmen;
25 Whom he called together with the workmen of like occupation, and said, Sirs, ye know that by this craft we have our wealth.
26 Moreover ye see and hear, that not alone at Ephesus, but almost throughout all Asia, this Paul hath persuaded and turned away much people, saying that they be no gods, which are made with hands:
27 So that not only this our craft is in danger to be set at nought; but also that the temple of the great goddess Diana should be despised, and her magnificence should be destroyed, whom all Asia and the world worshippeth.
(KJV)

Rev 11:1-2
1 And there was given me a reed like unto a rod: and the angel stood, saying, Rise, and measure the
temple of God, and the altar, and them that worship therein.
2 But the court which is without the
temple leave out, and measure it not; for it is given unto the Gentiles: and the holy city shall they tread under foot forty and two months.
(KJV)

daq

HSN#1851
Feb 9, 2013
Olam Haba
veteran said:
In order to believe that one must leave... Apostle Paul's main topic warning of the 2 Thess.2 chapter, and that is of a false one coming to exalt himself as God, and over all that is even called... God, or that is worshipped.

II Th 2:3-4
3 Let no man deceive you by any means: for that day shall not come, except there come a falling away first, and that man of sin be revealed, the son of perdition;
4 Who opposeth and exalteth himself above all that is called God, or that is worshipped; so that he as God sitteth in the
temple (Greek naos) of God, shewing himself that he is God.
(KJV)

In ALL... of the following Scriptures, the Greek word used is 'naos', the same Greek word used by Paul in 2 Thess.2:4 about a literal... physical... temple... or shrine:

Matt 23:16
16 Woe unto you, ye blind guides, which say, Whosoever shall swear by the
temple, it is nothing; but whosoever shall swear by the gold of the temple, he is a debtor!
(KJV)

Matt 27:5
5 And he cast down the pieces of silver in the
temple, and departed, and went and hanged himself.
(KJV)

Matt 27:51
51 And, behold, the veil of the
temple was rent in twain from the top to the bottom; and the earth did quake, and the rocks rent;
(KJV)

Luke 1:9
9 According to the custom of the priest's office, his lot was to burn incense when he went into the
temple of the Lord.
(KJV)

24 God that made the world and all things therein, seeing that he is Lord of heaven and earth, dwelleth not in
temples made with hands;
(KJV)

Acts 19:24-27
24 For a certain man named Demetrius, a silversmith, which made silver
shrines for Diana, brought no small gain unto the craftsmen;
25 Whom he called together with the workmen of like occupation, and said, Sirs, ye know that by this craft we have our wealth.
26 Moreover ye see and hear, that not alone at Ephesus, but almost throughout all Asia, this Paul hath persuaded and turned away much people, saying that they be no gods, which are made with hands:
27 So that not only this our craft is in danger to be set at nought; but also that the temple of the great goddess Diana should be despised, and her magnificence should be destroyed, whom all Asia and the world worshippeth.
(KJV)

Rev 11:1-2
1 And there was given me a reed like unto a rod: and the angel stood, saying, Rise, and measure the
temple of God, and the altar, and them that worship therein.
2 But the court which is without the
temple leave out, and measure it not; for it is given unto the Gentiles: and the holy city shall they tread under foot forty and two months.
(KJV)
One of your own passage quotes disproves your own statement as incorrect. If we simply read Acts 17:24 for what it says in its plain "face-value" context it is very clear in itself that God does not dwell in naos-temples made with hands:

temples [naos] made with hands;
(KJV)

BEFORE Messiah was raised from the dead the physical Temple had several different sections divided by vails and walls. The inner sanctuary sections were called the "Naos" while the entire temple complex was generally referred to as the "Hieron" as already shown above at the top post of this page. However, as also shown previously above in this page, Yeshua teaches us that his body is the naos-temple and we who believe are also part of his body as members of the body of Messiah. It is important to understand that the Scripture speaks not only the entire "body of Messiah" which is the great congregation-temple but likewise each and every one of us is a little "replica" in and of ourselves and our own bodies, (which bodies are no longer our own when we come to Messiah because we are purchased with the price of his blood). Anyone therefore who places himself in the center of the great congregation is an antichrist seeking to exalt himself above the stars of heaven, (which are the saints) and the holy mount Zion in the sides of the north because the same has placed himself and his doctrines over and above the Testimony of Yeshua. Anyone who does the same in the machinations of his vain heart, (which is the throne of David and Messiah Yeshua who searches the reins and hearts) and does the same in the vain imagination of his mind, (which is the throne of the Father who has said that he will dwell in the `araphel-thick clouds of darkness) is likewise an antichrist that has exalted himself above the throne of God and all that is called God. Re: "Desolating Abomination". :)

Retrobyter

Oct 29, 2011
Tampa Bay, Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Shalom, daq.

daq said:
One of your own passage quotes disproves your own statement as incorrect. If we simply read Acts 17:24 for what it says in its plain "face-value" context it is very clear in itself that God does not dwell in naos-temples made with hands:

(KJV)

BEFORE Messiah was raised from the dead the physical Temple had several different sections divided by vails and walls. The inner sanctuary sections were called the "Naos" while the entire temple complex was generally referred to as the "Hieron" as already shown above at the top post of this page. However, as also shown previously above in this page, Yeshua teaches us that his body is the naos-temple and we who believe are also part of his body as members of the body of Messiah. It is important to understand that the Scripture speaks not only the entire "body of Messiah" which is the great congregation-temple but likewise each and every one of us is a little "replica" in and of ourselves and our own bodies, (which bodies are no longer our own when we come to Messiah because we are purchased with the price of his blood). Anyone therefore who places himself in the center of the great congregation is an antichrist seeking to exalt himself above the stars of heaven, (which are the saints) and the holy mount Zion in the sides of the north because the same has placed himself and his doctrines over and above the Testimony of Yeshua. Anyone who does the same in the machinations of his vain heart, (which is the throne of David and Messiah Yeshua who searches the reins and hearts) and does the same in the vain imagination of his mind, (which is the throne of the Father who has said that he will dwell in the `araphel-thick clouds of darkness) is likewise an antichrist that has exalted himself above the throne of God and all that is called God. Re: "Desolating Abomination". :)
That's just ignorant. The very fact that a naos-temple COULD be made with hands disproves your interpretation of Acts 17:24!

The Greeks, who used the Classical Greek language long before it was dumbed-down into the Koine Greek language, the "Commoners' Greek," of the first century A.D. into which the New Testament was translated, taught us the foundations of mathematics and logic. We learned this in high school mathematics (or should have)! We learned of such teachers as Euclid, Archimedes, Aristotle, Plato, and Socrates.

They used both naos and hieros for a temple, whether to the God of Isra'el or to the gods of their Greek pantheon! Strong's Dictionary of the Greek Language lists them this way:

NT:2411 hieron (hee-er-on'); neuter of NT:2413; a sacred place, i.e. the entire precincts (whereas NT:3485 denotes the central sanctuary itself) of the Temple (at Jerusalem or elsewhere):
KJV - temple.

NT:2413 hieros (hee-er-os'); of uncertain affinity; sacred:
KJV - holy.

NT:3485 naos (nah-os'); from a primary naioo (to dwell); a fane, shrine, temple:
KJV - shrine, temple. Comp NT:2411.

(Biblesoft's New Exhaustive Strong's Numbers and Concordance with Expanded Greek-Hebrew Dictionary. Copyright © 1994, 2003, 2006 Biblesoft, Inc. and International Bible Translators, Inc.)

The hieron was the entirety of the SACRED grounds - all the area that was devoted to the god. The naos was the SHRINE or the HOUSE itself! You're ADDING TO THE SCRIPTURES!

daq

HSN#1851
Feb 9, 2013
Olam Haba
Retrobyter said:
Shalom, daq.

(KJV)

That's just ignorant. The very fact that a naos-temple COULD be made with hands disproves your interpretation of Acts 17:24!

The Greeks, who used the Classical Greek language long before it was dumbed-down into the Koine Greek language, the "Commoners' Greek," of the first century A.D. into which the New Testament was translated, taught us the foundations of mathematics and logic. We learned this in high school mathematics (or should have)! We learned of such teachers as Euclid, Archimedes, Aristotle, Plato, and Socrates.

They used both naos and hieros for a temple, whether to the God of Isra'el or to the gods of their Greek pantheon! Strong's Dictionary of the Greek Language lists them this way:

NT:2411 hieron (hee-er-on'); neuter of NT:2413; a sacred place, i.e. the entire precincts (whereas NT:3485 denotes the central sanctuary itself) of the Temple (at Jerusalem or elsewhere):
KJV - temple.

NT:2413 hieros (hee-er-os'); of uncertain affinity; sacred:
KJV - holy.

NT:3485 naos (nah-os'); from a primary naioo (to dwell); a fane, shrine, temple:
KJV - shrine, temple. Comp NT:2411.

(Biblesoft's New Exhaustive Strong's Numbers and Concordance with Expanded Greek-Hebrew Dictionary. Copyright © 1994, 2003, 2006 Biblesoft, Inc. and International Bible Translators, Inc.)

The hieron was the entirety of the SACRED grounds - all the area that was devoted to the god. The naos was the SHRINE or the HOUSE itself! You're ADDING TO THE SCRIPTURES!
Dear Elymas of Ephraim,
It is my sincere hope that the bold red emphasis will help with your partial blindness and hardness of heart. :)
Retrobyter said:
Shalom, daq.

(KJV)

Likewise I did not "interpret" Acts 17:24 as may clearly be seen from my comments above for anyone that is capable of reading English. Do you not believe what the passage says in the straightforward plain and simple reading of the text? Do you not believe the Scripture when it clearly states that God does not dwell in temples made with hands? Do you not believe that the word employed in this passage for "temple" is GSN#3485 naos? If the Scripture says that God does not dwell in naos-temples made with hands then how is it that you think you can get away with another bold faced lie suggesting that I or anyone else have "interpreted" the statement to suit our own understandings? It is YOU that has rejected manifold Scripture passages quoted time and time again throughout this forum board. What is the name of your coven? Have you never read "Thou shalt not suffer a witch to live. Whosoever lieth with a beast shall surely be put to death"??? You are certainly no grand master and sorely lacking in your anti-missionary skills. You are naked and prancing around like a wild horse in front of the world without even knowing it. Your uncircumcised prepuce is flopping out in shame. The emperor has no clothes! :lol:

Retrobyter

Oct 29, 2011
Tampa Bay, Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Lo' shalom, daq.

Of COURSE, I believe that God does not dwell in naos-temples made with hands, but I believe it in the same sense that Shlomo (Solomon) said it in 2 Chronicles and 1 Kings:

2 Chronicles 2:3-6
3 And Solomon sent to Huram the king of Tyre, saying, As thou didst deal with David my father, and didst send him cedars to build him an house to dwell therein, even so deal with me.
4 Behold, I build an house to the name of the Lord my God, to dedicate it to him, and to burn before him sweet incense, and for the continual shewbread, and for the burnt offerings morning and evening, on the sabbaths, and on the new moons, and on the solemn feasts of the Lord our God. This is an ordinance for ever to Israel.
5 And the house which I build is great: for great is our God above all gods.
6 But who is able to build him an house, seeing the heaven and heaven of heavens cannot contain him? who am I then, that I should build him an house, save only to burn sacrifice before him?
KJV

2 Chronicles 6:1-21
1 Then said Solomon, The Lord hath said that he would dwell in the thick darkness.
2 But I have built an house of habitation for thee, and a place for thy dwelling for ever.
3 And the king turned his face, and blessed the whole congregation of Israel: and all the congregation of Israel stood.
4 And he said, Blessed be the Lord God of Israel, who hath with his hands fulfilled that which he spake with his mouth to my father David, saying,
5 Since the day that I brought forth my people out of the land of Egypt I chose no city among all the tribes of Israel to build an house in, that my name might be there; neither chose I any man to be a ruler over my people Israel:
6 But I have chosen Jerusalem, that my name might be there; and have chosen David to be over my people Israel.
7 Now it was in the heart of David my father to build an house for the name of the Lord God of Israel.
8 But the Lord said to David my father, Forasmuch as it was in thine heart to build an house for my name, thou didst well in that it was in thine heart:
9 Notwithstanding thou shalt not build the house; but thy son which shall come forth out of thy loins, he shall build the house for my name.
10 The Lord therefore hath performed his word that he hath spoken: for I am risen up in the room of David my father, and am set on the throne of Israel, as the Lord promised, and have built the house for the name of the Lord God of Israel.
11 And in it have I put the ark, wherein is the covenant of the Lord, that he made with the children of Israel.
12 And he stood before the altar of the Lord in the presence of all the congregation of Israel, and spread forth his hands:
13 For Solomon had made a brasen scaffold, of five cubits long, and five cubits broad, and three cubits high, and had set it in the midst of the court: and upon it he stood, and kneeled down upon his knees before all the congregation of Israel, and spread forth his hands toward heaven,
14 And said, O Lord God of Israel, there is no God like thee in the heaven, nor in the earth; which keepest covenant, and shewest mercy unto thy servants, that walk before thee with all their hearts:
15 Thou which hast kept with thy servant David my father that which thou hast promised him; and spakest with thy mouth, and hast fulfilled it with thine hand, as it is this day.
16 Now therefore, O Lord God of Israel, keep with thy servant David my father that which thou hast promised him, saying, There shall not fail thee a man in my sight to sit upon the throne of Israel; yet so that thy children take heed to their way to walk in my law, as thou hast walked before me.
17 Now then, O Lord God of Israel, let thy word be verified, which thou hast spoken unto thy servant David.
18 But will God in very deed dwell with men on the earth? behold, heaven and the heaven of heavens cannot contain thee; how much less this house which I have built!
19 Have respect therefore to the prayer of thy servant, and to his supplication, O Lord my God, to hearken unto the cry and the prayer which thy servant prayeth before thee:
20 That thine eyes may be open upon this house day and night, upon the place whereof thou hast said that thou wouldest put thy name there; to hearken unto the prayer which thy servant prayeth toward this place.
21 Hearken therefore unto the supplications of thy servant, and of thy people Israel, which they shall make toward this place: hear thou from thy dwelling place, even from heaven; and when thou hearest, forgive.
KJV

1 Kings 8:12-30
12 Then spake Solomon, The Lord said that he would dwell in thick darkness.
13 I have surely built thee an house to dwell in, a settled place for thee to abide in for ever.
14 And the king turned his face about, and blessed all the congregation of Israel: (and all the congregation of Israel stood;)
15 And he said, Blessed be the Lord God of Israel, which spake with his mouth unto David my father, and hath with his hand fulfilled it, saying,
16 Since the day that I brought forth my people Israel out of Egypt, I chose no city out of all the tribes of Israel to build an house, that my name might be therein; but I chose David to be over my people Israel.
17 And it was in the heart of David my father to build an house for the name of the Lord God of Israel.
18 And the Lord said unto David my father, Whereas it was in thine heart to build an house unto my name, thou didst well that it was in thine heart.
19 Nevertheless thou shalt not build the house; but thy son that shall come forth out of thy loins, he shall build the house unto my name.
20 And the Lord hath performed his word that he spake, and I am risen up in the room of David my father, and sit on the throne of Israel, as the Lord promised, and have built an house for the name of the Lord God of Israel.
21 And I have set there a place for the ark, wherein is the covenant of the Lord, which he made with our fathers, when he brought them out of the land of Egypt.
22 And Solomon stood before the altar of the Lord in the presence of all the congregation of Israel, and spread forth his hands toward heaven:
23 And he said, Lord God of Israel, there is no God like thee, in heaven above, or on earth beneath, who keepest covenant and mercy with thy servants that walk before thee with all their heart:
24 Who hast kept with thy servant David my father that thou promisedst him: thou spakest also with thy mouth, and hast fulfilled it with thine hand, as it is this day.
25 Therefore now, Lord God of Israel, keep with thy servant David my father that thou promisedst him, saying, There shall not fail thee a man in my sight to sit on the throne of Israel; so that thy children take heed to their way, that they walk before me as thou hast walked before me.
26 And now, O God of Israel, let thy word, I pray thee, be verified, which thou spakest unto thy servant David my father.
27 But will God indeed dwell on the earth? behold, the heaven and heaven of heavens cannot contain thee; how much less this house that I have builded?
28 Yet have thou respect unto the prayer of thy servant, and to his supplication, O Lord my God, to hearken unto the cry and to the prayer, which thy servant prayeth before thee to day:
29 That thine eyes may be open toward this house night and day, even toward the place of which thou hast said, My name shall be there: that thou mayest hearken unto the prayer which thy servant shall make toward this place.
30 And hearken thou to the supplication of thy servant, and of thy people Israel, when they shall pray toward this place: and hear thou in heaven thy dwelling place: and when thou hearest, forgive.
KJV

It's not that "God does not live in temples made with hands"; it's that "God does not JUST live in temples made with hands!" God doesn't JUST dwell on the earth; God isn't contained by the heaven (the sky) or the heaven of heavens (outer space), ... NOR IS HE CONTAINED IN THE HEARTS OF MEN!

You're missing my point and have shamelessly said gross things for which you SHALL be judged. SHAME ON YOU! I won't even QUOTE what you said! IMO, you ought to be BANNED from this forum! Fortunately for you, it's not up to me. However, it IS up to the moderator.

veteran

Aug 6, 2010
Southeast USA
daq said:

(KJV)

The REAL point is the NT usage of the Greek word 'naos' for temple, which you had declared referred ONLY to the idea of a spiritual temple and not a literal physical temple built with hands, and thus you proposed the 2 Thess.2:4 usage did NOT mean a physical temple of stone.

In ALL of the Scripture quotes I gave using Greek 'naos', it is referring to a PHYSICAL TEMPLE built with hands; and that also is the context of Acts 17:24 with the author saying that God does not dwell in a physical temple "made with hands."

Thusly the Greek word 'naos' for temple is used in God's Word for both the idea of a literal temple built with hands like Matthew 27:51, and the spiritual temple idea like Ephesians 2:21. The context of the Scripture flow is what determines how... it is to be understood.

In the context of the 2 Thessalonians 2:3-4 Scripture, Greek naos for "temple" is about a false one coming to sit in it and proclaim himself as God. That's about a literal physical temple built with hands, simply because the true spiritual temple idea per Apostle Paul is built upon the foundation of the Apostles and prophets with Jesus Christ being its chief Cornerstone, meaning... the spiritual temple CANNOT be corrupted by any man who exalts himself in place of God.

daq

HSN#1851
Feb 9, 2013
Olam Haba
Retrobyter said:
Lo' shalom, daq.

Of COURSE, I believe that God does not dwell in naos-temples made with hands, but I believe it in the same sense that Shlomo (Solomon) said it in 2 Chronicles and 1 Kings:

2 Chronicles 2:3-6
3 And Solomon sent to Huram the king of Tyre, saying, As thou didst deal with David my father, and didst send him cedars to build him an house to dwell therein, even so deal with me.
4 Behold, I build an house to the name of the Lord my God, to dedicate it to him, and to burn before him sweet incense, and for the continual shewbread, and for the burnt offerings morning and evening, on the sabbaths, and on the new moons, and on the solemn feasts of the Lord our God. This is an ordinance for ever to Israel.
5 And the house which I build is great: for great is our God above all gods.
6 But who is able to build him an house, seeing the heaven and heaven of heavens cannot contain him? who am I then, that I should build him an house, save only to burn sacrifice before him?
KJV

2 Chronicles 6:1-21
1 Then said Solomon, The Lord hath said that he would dwell in the thick darkness.
2 But I have built an house of habitation for thee, and a place for thy dwelling for ever.
3 And the king turned his face, and blessed the whole congregation of Israel: and all the congregation of Israel stood.
4 And he said, Blessed be the Lord God of Israel, who hath with his hands fulfilled that which he spake with his mouth to my father David, saying,
5 Since the day that I brought forth my people out of the land of Egypt I chose no city among all the tribes of Israel to build an house in, that my name might be there; neither chose I any man to be a ruler over my people Israel:
6 But I have chosen Jerusalem, that my name might be there; and have chosen David to be over my people Israel.
7 Now it was in the heart of David my father to build an house for the name of the Lord God of Israel.
8 But the Lord said to David my father, Forasmuch as it was in thine heart to build an house for my name, thou didst well in that it was in thine heart:
9 Notwithstanding thou shalt not build the house; but thy son which shall come forth out of thy loins, he shall build the house for my name.
10 The Lord therefore hath performed his word that he hath spoken: for I am risen up in the room of David my father, and am set on the throne of Israel, as the Lord promised, and have built the house for the name of the Lord God of Israel.
11 And in it have I put the ark, wherein is the covenant of the Lord, that he made with the children of Israel.
12 And he stood before the altar of the Lord in the presence of all the congregation of Israel, and spread forth his hands:
13 For Solomon had made a brasen scaffold, of five cubits long, and five cubits broad, and three cubits high, and had set it in the midst of the court: and upon it he stood, and kneeled down upon his knees before all the congregation of Israel, and spread forth his hands toward heaven,
14 And said, O Lord God of Israel, there is no God like thee in the heaven, nor in the earth; which keepest covenant, and shewest mercy unto thy servants, that walk before thee with all their hearts:
15 Thou which hast kept with thy servant David my father that which thou hast promised him; and spakest with thy mouth, and hast fulfilled it with thine hand, as it is this day.
16 Now therefore, O Lord God of Israel, keep with thy servant David my father that which thou hast promised him, saying, There shall not fail thee a man in my sight to sit upon the throne of Israel; yet so that thy children take heed to their way to walk in my law, as thou hast walked before me.
17 Now then, O Lord God of Israel, let thy word be verified, which thou hast spoken unto thy servant David.
18 But will God in very deed dwell with men on the earth? behold, heaven and the heaven of heavens cannot contain thee; how much less this house which I have built!
19 Have respect therefore to the prayer of thy servant, and to his supplication, O Lord my God, to hearken unto the cry and the prayer which thy servant prayeth before thee:
20 That thine eyes may be open upon this house day and night, upon the place whereof thou hast said that thou wouldest put thy name there; to hearken unto the prayer which thy servant prayeth toward this place.
21 Hearken therefore unto the supplications of thy servant, and of thy people Israel, which they shall make toward this place: hear thou from thy dwelling place, even from heaven; and when thou hearest, forgive.
KJV

1 Kings 8:12-30
12 Then spake Solomon, The Lord said that he would dwell in thick darkness.
13 I have surely built thee an house to dwell in, a settled place for thee to abide in for ever.
14 And the king turned his face about, and blessed all the congregation of Israel: (and all the congregation of Israel stood;)
15 And he said, Blessed be the Lord God of Israel, which spake with his mouth unto David my father, and hath with his hand fulfilled it, saying,
16 Since the day that I brought forth my people Israel out of Egypt, I chose no city out of all the tribes of Israel to build an house, that my name might be therein; but I chose David to be over my people Israel.
17 And it was in the heart of David my father to build an house for the name of the Lord God of Israel.
18 And the Lord said unto David my father, Whereas it was in thine heart to build an house unto my name, thou didst well that it was in thine heart.
19 Nevertheless thou shalt not build the house; but thy son that shall come forth out of thy loins, he shall build the house unto my name.
20 And the Lord hath performed his word that he spake, and I am risen up in the room of David my father, and sit on the throne of Israel, as the Lord promised, and have built an house for the name of the Lord God of Israel.
21 And I have set there a place for the ark, wherein is the covenant of the Lord, which he made with our fathers, when he brought them out of the land of Egypt.
22 And Solomon stood before the altar of the Lord in the presence of all the congregation of Israel, and spread forth his hands toward heaven:
23 And he said, Lord God of Israel, there is no God like thee, in heaven above, or on earth beneath, who keepest covenant and mercy with thy servants that walk before thee with all their heart:
24 Who hast kept with thy servant David my father that thou promisedst him: thou spakest also with thy mouth, and hast fulfilled it with thine hand, as it is this day.
25 Therefore now, Lord God of Israel, keep with thy servant David my father that thou promisedst him, saying, There shall not fail thee a man in my sight to sit on the throne of Israel; so that thy children take heed to their way, that they walk before me as thou hast walked before me.
26 And now, O God of Israel, let thy word, I pray thee, be verified, which thou spakest unto thy servant David my father.
27 But will God indeed dwell on the earth? behold, the heaven and heaven of heavens cannot contain thee; how much less this house that I have builded?
28 Yet have thou respect unto the prayer of thy servant, and to his supplication, O Lord my God, to hearken unto the cry and to the prayer, which thy servant prayeth before thee to day:
29 That thine eyes may be open toward this house night and day, even toward the place of which thou hast said, My name shall be there: that thou mayest hearken unto the prayer which thy servant shall make toward this place.
30 And hearken thou to the supplication of thy servant, and of thy people Israel, when they shall pray toward this place: and hear thou in heaven thy dwelling place: and when thou hearest, forgive.
KJV

It's not that "God does not live in temples made with hands"; it's that "God does not JUST live in temples made with hands!" God doesn't JUST dwell on the earth; God isn't contained by the heaven (the sky) or the heaven of heavens (outer space), ... NOR IS HE CONTAINED IN THE HEARTS OF MEN!

You're missing my point and have shamelessly said gross things for which you SHALL be judged. SHAME ON YOU! I won't even QUOTE what you said! IMO, you ought to be BANNED from this forum! Fortunately for you, it's not up to me. However, it IS up to the moderator.
Not interested in rehashing the first page and the temple of Solomon with you again now that we are on the second page. Your tactics are predictable as the leopard who cannot change his spots. No doubt you would love to get me banned because your tactics are no different than your father Cain the murderer. When you report me to the moderators please make sure you tell them about how you are constantly running around calling everyone who disagrees with you "messhugah"-fools and Raca. Out of the four threads which I have posted in the eschatology board since arriving here, (all linked in my signature) you have now entered into all four of them and turned them into war zones over your ego-testicle opinions which you pit against all the Scripture that has been posted. Who is going to be judged for such wonton disregard for his own brethren? Anyone can go back to the first thread which I posted, ("Desolating Abomination") and see that the very things which were being warned against became the very same atrocities that you and your fellow companions committed. Again, whosoever hates his brother is a murderer because murders come forth from the heart:

Matthew 12:33-37 KJV
33. Either make the tree good, and his fruit good; or else make the tree corrupt, and his fruit corrupt: for the tree is known by his fruit.
34. O generation of vipers, how can ye, being evil, speak good things? for out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaketh.
35. A good man out of the good treasure of the heart bringeth forth good things: and an evil man out of the evil treasure bringeth forth evil things.
36. But I say unto you, That every idle word that men shall speak, they shall give account thereof in the day of judgment.
37. For by thy words thou shalt be justified, and by thy words thou shalt be condemned.

Matthew 15:13-19 KJV
13. But he answered and said, Every plant, which my heavenly Father hath not planted, shall be rooted up.
14. Let them alone: they be blind leaders of the blind. And if the blind lead the blind, both shall fall into the ditch.
15. Then answered Peter and said unto him, Declare unto us this parable.
16. And Jesus said, Are ye also yet without understanding?
17. Do not ye yet understand, that whatsoever entereth in at the mouth goeth into the belly, and is cast out into the draught?
18. But those things which proceed out of the mouth come forth from the heart; and they defile the man.
For out of the heart proceed evil thoughts, murders, adulteries, fornications, thefts, false witness, blasphemies:

1 John 3:12-15 KJV
12. Not as Cain, who was of that wicked one, and slew his brother. And wherefore slew he him? Because his own works were evil, and his brother's righteous.
13. Marvel not, my brethren, if the world hate you.
14. We know that we have passed from death unto life, because we love the brethren. He that loveth not his brother abideth in death.
15. Whosoever hateth his brother is a murderer: and ye know that no murderer hath eternal life abiding in him.

Go ahead and get me banned which will validate your words by the deeds of your father which you always do. :lol:
veteran said:
In the context of the 2 Thessalonians 2:3-4 Scripture, Greek naos for "temple" is about a false one coming to sit in it and proclaim himself as God. That's about a literal physical temple built with hands, simply because the true spiritual temple idea per Apostle Paul is built upon the foundation of the Apostles and prophets with Jesus Christ being its chief Cornerstone, meaning... the spiritual temple CANNOT be corrupted by any man who exalts himself in place of God.
You are the temple of God.
Look at the other in this thread:
He tramples our covenant mother, Jerusalem of above, and corrupts his temple.

daq

HSN#1851
Feb 9, 2013
Olam Haba
Retrobyter said:
Lo' shalom, daq.

Nah, you've said enough to hang yourself. I'm not going to report you.
Yes, it is quite clear that you would be as happy as Judas with thirty pieces of silver if I hung myself, (since that is apparently your sole purpose here again in this thread also). However, as Judas, you do not see the latter end of your deeds and where they lead to.

Isaiah 5:18-25 KJV
18. Woe unto them that draw iniquity with cords of vanity, and sin as it were with a cart rope:
19. That say, Let him make speed, and hasten his work, that we may see it: and let the counsel of the Holy One of Israel draw nigh and come, that we may know it!
20. Woe unto them that call evil good, and good evil; that put darkness for light, and light for darkness; that put bitter for sweet, and sweet for bitter!
21. Woe unto them that are wise in their own eyes, and prudent in their own sight!
22. Woe unto them that are mighty to drink wine, and men of strength to mingle strong drink:
23. Which justify the wicked for reward, and take away the righteousness of the righteous from him!
24. Therefore as the fire devoureth the stubble, and the flame consumeth the chaff, so their root shall be as rottenness, and their blossom shall go up as dust: because they have cast away the law [Torah] of the Lord of hosts, and despised the word of the Holy One of Israel.
25. Therefore is the anger of the Lord kindled against his people, and he hath stretched forth his hand against them, and hath smitten them: and the hills did tremble, and their carcases were torn in the midst of the streets. For all this his anger is not turned away, but his hand is stretched out still.

:)

daq

HSN#1851
Feb 9, 2013
Olam Haba
Retrobyter said:
Shalom, daq.

The naos was the SHRINE or the HOUSE itself! You're ADDING TO THE SCRIPTURES!
Retrobyter said:
Lo' shalom, daq.

It's not that "God does not live in temples made with hands"; it's that "God does not JUST live in temples made with hands!"
Retrobyter Says:

"The naos was the SHRINE or the HOUSE itself! You're ADDING TO THE SCRIPTURES!"

The Word Says:

Acts 7:48 ASV
48. Howbeit the Most High dwelleth not in houses made with hands; as saith the prophet,

Acts 17:24 ASV
24. The God that made the world and all things therein, he, being Lord of heaven and earth, dwelleth not in temples made with hands;

Retrobyter Says:

"It's not that "God does not live in temples made with hands"; it's that "God does not JUST live in temples made with hands!""

emoticon-hysterical.gif

Retrobyter please explain how it is that you would have me cast out of this forum family or "assembly" of believers if you believe that Torah has been done away with, abolished, or rendered inoperative? Do you believe Torah is still applicable here and now so as to be used against me? If not then how would you go about banning me according to the Scripture since you have accused me of adding to the Scripture? The only way you could legally do so is to use Torah to defend your prescribed punishment of banishment from the forum family, (unless you are the owner of the forum or a moderator with such authority). However you have given no proof of your accusation that I have added to the Scripture. Your accusation is nothing more than hot air. You are like a cloud without water breathing out threats and false accusations with no substance to your words. In addition you are shown to be adding to the Scripture in the very same discourse wherein you make the very same accusation against myself. If you bring a railing accusation against another then by default you have entertained and implied the notion that Torah is still applicable to be used against the person whom you have accused because Torah is where the laws are given concerning blatant transgressors and their exclusion from the congregation, (not to mention Moabites, Canaanites, and the rest of the heathen which were to be cut off from the congregation). Therefore if Torah is still applicable and you are proven to be false in your accusation then the following Torah passage surely applies:

Deuteronomy 19:16-20 KJV
16. If a false witness rise up against any man to testify against him that which is wrong;
17. Then both the men, between whom the controversy is, shall stand before the Lord, before the priests and the judges, which shall be in those days;
18. And the judges shall make diligent inquisition: and, behold, if the witness be a false witness, and hath testified falsely against his brother;
19. Then shall ye do unto him, as he had thought to have done unto his brother: so shalt thou put the evil away from among you.
20. And those which remain shall hear, and fear, and shall henceforth commit no more any such evil among you.

But you see rather than turning this against you and asking that you be banned, (which I have the right to do because you do what you accuse me of doing even though you have no evidence for your accusation) I rather instead reject your testimony and cast it out of my own little congregation-house-temple. I will not allow any of the "members" of my own house to partake of your rotting food. The entire carcass of your flesh doctrine is cast out upon the open field to be given to the fowls of heaven.

emoticon-hysterical.gif

Dodo_David

Melmacian in human guise
Jul 13, 2013
Folks, if you believe that a particular site member has violated site rules, then file a private report with the staff.
The "Report" button is to the left of the "MultiQuote" button.
This back-and-forth accusing each other of wrongdoing in the threads is not productive.

Retrobyter

Oct 29, 2011
Tampa Bay, Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Lo' shalom, daq.

daq said:
Retrobyter Says:

"The naos was the SHRINE or the HOUSE itself! You're ADDING TO THE SCRIPTURES!"

The Word Says:

Acts 7:48 ASV
48. Howbeit the Most High dwelleth not in houses made with hands; as saith the prophet,

Acts 17:24 ASV
24. The God that made the world and all things therein, he, being Lord of heaven and earth, dwelleth not in temples made with hands;

Retrobyter Says:

"It's not that "God does not live in temples made with hands"; it's that "God does not JUST live in temples made with hands!""

emoticon-hysterical.gif

Retrobyter please explain how it is that you would have me cast out of this forum family or "assembly" of believers if you believe that Torah has been done away with, abolished, or rendered inoperative? Do you believe Torah is still applicable here and now so as to be used against me? If not then how would you go about banning me according to the Scripture since you have accused me of adding to the Scripture? The only way you could legally do so is to use Torah to defend your prescribed punishment of banishment from the forum family, (unless you are the owner of the forum or a moderator with such authority). However you have given no proof of your accusation that I have added to the Scripture. Your accusation is nothing more than hot air. You are like a cloud without water breathing out threats and false accusations with no substance to your words. In addition you are shown to be adding to the Scripture in the very same discourse wherein you make the very same accusation against myself. If you bring a railing accusation against another then by default you have entertained and implied the notion that Torah is still applicable to be used against the person whom you have accused because Torah is where the laws are given concerning blatant transgressors and their exclusion from the congregation, (not to mention Moabites, Canaanites, and the rest of the heathen which were to be cut off from the congregation). Therefore if Torah is still applicable and you are proven to be false in your accusation then the following Torah passage surely applies:

Deuteronomy 19:16-20 KJV
16. If a false witness rise up against any man to testify against him that which is wrong;
17. Then both the men, between whom the controversy is, shall stand before the Lord, before the priests and the judges, which shall be in those days;
18. And the judges shall make diligent inquisition: and, behold, if the witness be a false witness, and hath testified falsely against his brother;
19. Then shall ye do unto him, as he had thought to have done unto his brother: so shalt thou put the evil away from among you.
20. And those which remain shall hear, and fear, and shall henceforth commit no more any such evil among you.

But you see rather than turning this against you and asking that you be banned, (which I have the right to do because you do what you accuse me of doing even though you have no evidence for your accusation) I rather instead reject your testimony and cast it out of my own little congregation-house-temple. I will not allow any of the "members" of my own house to partake of your rotting food. The entire carcass of your flesh doctrine is cast out upon the open field to be given to the fowls of heaven.

emoticon-hysterical.gif
Hmff. You don't want an explanation; you want a fight. You can't take criticism against your ideas without it being criticism against yourself, but I've tried over and over NOT to attack the person but what I perceive is the problem, and every time you escalate it into some sort of attack on you for which you respond with a character assassination attempt on me. Well, I'm not going to play this game any longer. There's no such thing as an "Ignore" button anymore, but I'm ignoring you from now on. Say what you will. Water off a duck's back, man.

daq

HSN#1851
Feb 9, 2013
Olam Haba
Dodo_David said:
Folks, if you believe that a particular site member has violated site rules, then file a private report with the staff.
The "Report" button is to the left of the "MultiQuote" button.
This back-and-forth accusing each other of wrongdoing in the threads is not productive.

Dear Moderator, just so you know, when this poster writes "Lo' shalom, daq" it is his own quaint little transliterated Hebrew way of saying "No peace, daq" as in "No peace for the wicked", ('eyn or 'ayin-shalom). How is that for warm and cordial fellowship between forum members? Lo' is simply a particle which means "no" or "not" so what the poster is saying when he writes such offensive things, (to those who understand) is that he speaks "not peace" as in the following example:

Psalms 35:20 TUA
20. Kiy lo' shalowm ydaberuw w`al rig`ey- 'erets dibreymirmowt yachashobuwn.

Psalms 35:20 KJV
20. For they speak not peace: but they devise deceitful matters against them that are quiet in the land.

Psalm 35:20 NIV
20. They do not speak peaceably, but devise false accusations against those who live quietly in the land.

Even his greeting is in complete opposition to the doctrine of the Master Yeshua:

Luke 10:5-6 KJV
5. And into whatsoever house ye enter, first say, Peace be to this house.
6. And if the son of peace be there, your peace shall rest upon it: if not, it shall turn to you again.

Retrobyter said:
Lo' shalom, daq.

Hmff. You don't want an explanation; you want a fight. You can't take criticism against your ideas without it being criticism against yourself, but I've tried over and over NOT to attack the person

Is it impossible for a false accuser to part ways without inserting that one last false accusation?
The following comments are the bookend statements from your very first post to me in this thread:

Retrobyter said:
That's just ignorant.

You're ADDING TO THE SCRIPTURES!

emoticon-hysterical.gif

Retrobyter said:
Well, I'm not going to play this game any longer. There's no such thing as an "Ignore" button anymore, but I'm ignoring you from now on. Say what you will. Water off a duck's back, man.

For how long did you keep your word the last time you made similar statements? :)

Luke 8:11-15 KJV
11. Now the parable is this: The seed is the word of God.
12. Those by the way side are they that hear; then cometh the devil, and taketh away the word out of their hearts, lest they should believe and be saved.
13. They on the rock are they, which, when they hear, receive the word with joy; and these have no root, which for a while believe, and in time of temptation fall away.
14. And that which fell among thorns are they, which, when they have heard, go forth, and are choked with cares and riches and pleasures of this life, and bring no fruit to perfection.
15. But that on the good ground are they, which in an honest and good heart, having heard the word, keep it, [GSN#2722 katecho] and bring forth fruit with patience.

Original Strong's Ref. #2722
Romanized katecho
Pronounced kat-ekh'-o
from GSN2596 and GSN2192; to hold down (fast), in various applications (literally or figuratively):
KJV--have, hold (fast), keep (in memory), let, X make toward, possess, retain, seize on, stay, take, withhold.

2 Thessalonians 2:6-7 TUA
6. Kai nun to katechon oidate eis to apokalufthenai auton en to heautou kairo.
7. To gar musterion ede energeitai tes anomias, monon ho katechon arti heos ek mesou genetai.

2 Thessalonians 2:3-7
3. Let no man deceive you by any means: for that day shall not come, except there come a falling away first, and that anthropon-ops-countenance of lawlessness be revealed, the son of perdition;
4. Who opposeth and exalteth himself above all that is called God, or that is worshipped; so that he as God sitteth in the temple of God, shewing himself that he is God.
5. Remember ye not, that, when I was yet with you, I told you these things?
6. And the present katechon-restraining-thing you know about; to the revealing of him in his own kairos-appointed-time.
7. For the mystery of lawlessness is already energized: only it is katechon-restrained for now, until out from the midst it becomes.

So shall it be for each in his or her own kairos-appointed-times in the sunteleia-consummation of the aionos-age:
The messengers of the Son of man shall come forth and sever the wicked out from the mesou-midst of the just.
As Micaiah said, Behold, thou shalt see in that day when thou shalt chamber in thy chamber to hide thyself!