Teresa of Avila and Watering the Garden

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Dialectic or dialectics (Greek: διαλεκτική, dialektikḗ; related to dialogue), also known as the dialectical method, is at base a discourse between two or more people holding different points of view about a subject but wishing to establish the truth through reasoned arguments.

So the reasond arguments are
Camp a says we are righteous as a result of the finished works of Christ.

Camp b says we become righteous by our own work.

Is this the argument?

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
...wishing to establish the truth through reasoned arguments...
Reasoned arguments do NOT apply in the realm of spiritual truths and revelations. Philosophers may use dialectical arguments till the cows come home, but that will never establish truth. The Scriptures make PROCLAMATIONS AND DECLARATIONS. You can either believe them or disbelieve them.

Take the truth of imputed righteousness. God makes a plain declaration:
For what saith the Scripture? Abraham believed God, and it was counted [imputed] unto him for righteousness. (Rom 4:4).

Now you can either believe God about this matter or disbelieve Him. There is no middle ground. Here "the Scripture" actually means God the Holy Spirit speaking through the written Word of God.

CovenantPromise

Sep 14, 2019
Northeast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
St. Teresa of Avila’s demonic experience that proved the power of Holy Water
...In Chapter 31, she tells of a time that she was harassed by a demon:

“Out of his body there seemed to be coming a great flame, which was intensely bright and cast no shadow. He told me in a horrible way that I had indeed escaped out of his hands but he would get hold of me still.”

Frightened, she tried to shoo him away with the Sign of the Cross. The demon left her, but soon returned. This happened several times, until she noticed she had some holy water nearby. “So I flung some in the direction of the apparition,” she wrote, “and it never came back.”

Another time, she wrote, “the devil was with me for five hours, torturing me with such terrible pains and both inward and outward disquiet that I do not believe I could have endured them any longer. The sisters who were with me were frightened to death and had no more idea of what to do for me than I had of how to help myself.” She only found relief after she requested holy water and threw some to the place where she saw a demon nearby..."

St. Teresa of Avila’s demonic experience that proved the power of...

Episkopos, do you recommend holy water like Teresa??? This is Catholic nonsense, and you should not not even be talking about Teresa of Avila.
It has been established with Israel since early on to to use Holy water.
Numbers 19:17-19
Purification of the Unclean
…17For the purification of the unclean person, take some of the ashes of the burnt purification offering, put them in a jar, and pour fresh running water over them. 18Then a man who is ceremonially clean is to take some hyssop, dip it in the water, and sprinkle the tent, all the furnishings, and the people who were there. He is also to sprinkle the one who touched the bone, grave, corpse, or person who had been killed. 19The man who is ceremonially clean is to sprinkle the unclean person on the third day and on the seventh day. After he purifies the unclean person on the seventh day, the one being cleansed must wash his clothes and bathe in water, and that evening he will be clean.…

All is God's power! What He decrees, where He sends forth His Word , it returns to Him fruitful. Cleansing by a ceremonially clean man with Holy water is the Word of the Lord. Thanks be to God. God Bless you!

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Reasoned arguments do NOT apply in the realm of spiritual truths and revelations. Philosophers may use dialectical arguments till the cows come home, but that will never establish truth. The Scriptures make PROCLAMATIONS AND DECLARATIONS. You can either believe them or disbelieve them.

For what saith the Scripture? Abraham believed God, and it was counted [imputed] unto him for righteousness. (Rom 4:4).

Now you can either believe God about this matter or disbelieve Him. There is no middle ground. Here "the Scripture" actually means God the Holy Spirit speaking through the written Word of God.
Couldn’t agree more!

Reactions: Nancy

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

By the way, I didn’t come up with this crap, I’ve just been hearing the words thrown around and was asking where it comes from. I should have known the source was man.

CovenantPromise

Sep 14, 2019
Northeast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This has absolutely nothing to do with Roman Catholic holy water. Show us holy water in the New Testament, if you will.
Sure it does. No denomination would have knowledge of the use of Holy water without it having been established by the Apple Tree (Israel) . Is your problem with Holy water or the RCC?
Matthew 5:16-18
The Fulfillment of the Law
16In the same way, let your light shine before men, that they may see your good deeds and glorify your Father in heaven. 17Do not think that I have come to abolish the Law or the Prophets; I have not come to abolish them, but to fulfill them. 18For I tell you truly, until heaven and earth pass away, not a single jot, not a stroke of a pen, will disappear from the Law until everything is accomplished.…

Christ is the final sacrifice and all established under the OC is fulfilled in Christ. Cleansing with water is of Christ. He is the waters of Life . Just as He is present in His Supper, He too is our cleansing waters. A Holy anointed servant...... hence 19The man who is ceremonially clean is to sprinkle the unclean person,.....he has the authority in Christ to transform the bread and wine and too can bless men with water. The Priesthood is a beautiful thing and all in Christ have access to Jacobs ladder,from which our soul is nourished by the waters of Life from Christ's throne. God is good! God Bless you!

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
18For I tell you truly, until heaven and earth pass away, not a single jot, not a stroke of a pen, will disappear from the Law until everything is accomplished.

2 Corinthians 5:17-18 KJV
[17] Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new. [18] And all things are of God, who hath reconciled us to himself by Jesus Christ, and hath given to us the ministry of reconciliation;

For those in Christ heaven and earth have passed away
Tecarta Bible

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
The man who is ceremonially clean is to sprinkle the unclean person,.....he has the authority in Christ to transform the bread and wine and too can bless men with water. The Priesthood is a beautiful thing...
You will not find any New Testament support for the Roman Catholic priesthood. It is purely a man-made invention.

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
By the way, I didn’t come up with this crap, I’ve just been hearing the words thrown around and was asking where it comes from. I should have known the source was man.
You are correct. And Karl Marx took Dialectical Materialism to its highest level in the Communistic Gospel of Marx. He was an atheist as well as an occultist.

CovenantPromise

Sep 14, 2019
Northeast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
2 Corinthians 5:17-18 KJV
[17] Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new. [18] And all things are of God, who hath reconciled us to himself by Jesus Christ, and hath given to us the ministry of reconciliation;

For those in Christ heaven and earth have passed away
Tecarta Bible
CLEARLY YOU MARCH TO THE BEAT OF A DIFFERENT DRUMMER. Interpret as you want. Not getting drawn into a long convoluted debate. I do not put scripture against scripture. God is not the author of confusion. The scriptures are one as God is one . His garments are not for me to divide . God Bless!

Philip James

May 4, 2018
Brandon
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
You will not find any New Testament support for the Roman Catholic priesthood. It is purely a man-made invention.

Obey your leaders and defer to them, for they keep watch over you and will have to give an account, that they may fulfill their task with joy and not with sorrow, for that would be of no advantage to you.

Peace!

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You are correct. And Karl Marx took Dialectical Materialism to its highest level in the Communistic Gospel of Marx. He was an atheist as well as an occultist.
It always seems to be the same old soup, just a different spoon. Man wants to justify himself, And be found righteous in his own deeds

CovenantPromise

Sep 14, 2019
Northeast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Please elaborate, I would not want to simply take your opinion for that. Show me that there is no scriptural support for the Priesthood. And what is the priesthood from your denominational perspective ? I am always open to truth. If yours is upheld by scripture then I will apply it. So, from what denominational point of view are you speaking from?

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Obey your leaders and defer to them, for they keep watch over you and will have to give an account, that they may fulfill their task with joy and not with sorrow, for that would be of no advantage to you.
That Scripture applies to ELDERS, not Catholic priests. The RCC does not have elders it its churches, but a hierarchy of clergy from the Pope all the way down to the priests.

Elders do not sacrifice Christ on an altar, neither do they give sinners absolution for their sins, neither do they have confessionals, and expect Christians to confess their sins to them. Neither do they wear vestments like those separating clergy from laity in the RCC. And most elders are not involved with predatory sexual practices either.

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Please elaborate, I would not want to simply take your opinion for that. Show me that there is no scriptural support for the Priesthood. And what is the priesthood from your denominational perspective ? I am always open to truth. If yours is upheld by scripture then I will apply it. So, from what denominational point of view are you speaking from?
1 Peter 2:5 KJV
[5] Ye also, as lively stones, are built up a spiritual house, an holy priesthood, to offer up spiritual sacrifices, acceptable to God by Jesus Christ.

The body of Christ is an holy priesthood
Tecarta Bible

Reactions: Philip James