Teresa of Avila and Watering the Garden

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Stan B

Jul 21, 2019
Toronto
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I'm so sorry to hear of your lousy childhood or should I say - lack there of? Best decision you ever made was to remember that bible! :)
God has blessed you abundantly, and surely will continue to, as that is what a Good, Good Father does ❤

In Him always,
nancy
P.S. Why not write a book? Memoires?

Nancy, in all fairness, I am not at all sorry for my lousy childhood, and quite frankly, I am grateful for it. Comfort builds apathy, and adversity builds strength and character, and most of all, reliance upon the Creator.

The Bible I took with me, was my greatest treasure, which I acquired when I was 12 years of age. I kept it hidden in my bedroom, so no one would know what I was up to. I still have it along with a lot of other Bibles I have used over the years. When I recently flipped through it I was surprised at how worn, torn and taped up, the Book of Revelation was. I have even encountered ministers in recent times, ones with academic degrees in theology, who are completely baffled by the Book of Revelation, but for me, it is so simple, like reading a grade 1 reader.

As for writing an autobiography, I am already exhausted from spending so many years writing the biography of my family history, which goes into documented detail 1650 to the lower German Rhine Palatine, the cradle of the Ashkenazi Jews in Europe. The Ashkenazim can be traced back to the destruction of Jerusalem in AD 70, after which, to make a living, migrated to Rome, which was already overwhelmed with artisans. So in AD 300, when the Roman army marched north to subdue the barbarians across the Rhine, they chose to follow, and service the Roman Army as it travelled north. Once the barbarians were defeated, the Jews chose to stay in the Rhine Mosel River triangle, a fertile land in which they envisioned a new life as they planted their vineyards.

I have written and accumulated thousands of pages of first-hand family history, which has overwhelmed the insignificant part I might have played in my family history. Now, I am old and tired, but enjoy reflecting back upon "A Wonderful Life" :)

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Nancy, in all fairness, I am not at all sorry for my lousy childhood, and quite frankly, I am grateful for it. Comfort builds apathy, and adversity builds strength and character, and most of all, reliance upon the Creator.

The Bible I took with me, was my greatest treasure, which I acquired when I was 12 years of age. I kept it hidden in my bedroom, so no one would know what I was up to. I still have it along with a lot of other Bibles I have used over the years. When I recently flipped through it I was surprised at how worn, torn and taped up, the Book of Revelation was. I have even encountered ministers in recent times, ones with academic degrees in theology, who are completely baffled by the Book of Revelation, but for me, it is so simple, like reading a grade 1 reader.

As for writing an autobiography, I am already exhausted from spending so many years writing the biography of my family history, which goes into documented detail 1650 to the lower German Rhine Palatine, the cradle of the Ashkenazi Jews in Europe. The Ashkenazim can be traced back to the destruction of Jerusalem in AD 70, after which, to make a living, migrated to Rome, which was already overwhelmed with artisans. So in AD 300, when the Roman army marched north to subdue the barbarians across the Rhine, they chose to follow, and service the Roman Army as it travelled north. Once the barbarians were defeated, the Jews chose to stay in the Rhine Mosel River triangle, a fertile land in which they envisioned a new life as they planted their vineyards.

I have written and accumulated thousands of pages of first-hand family history, which has overwhelmed the insignificant part I might have played in my family history. Now, I am old and tired, but enjoy reflecting back upon "A Wonderful Life" :)

It seems you have played quite a significant part in your family afterall, you rose above your circumstances, your faith saved you! Your life sounds wonderful and full.

"Comfort builds apathy, and adversity builds strength and character, and most of all, reliance upon the Creator."

For sure, and we're to count it all joy! This gal relies on Him for EVERYTHING! And, He has not ever failed me, not once. Just to keep reminding ourselves of what He has done for us should be something we do everyday as...most have short memories.
Gods blessings to you and your family,
nancy

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
GTG said >> It sounds like your wife has gone on to be with God and I am sorry for this but God is helping you even with that.

Yeah, He took her 4 years ago, but even in that, God revealed His plan from the outset, every step of the way. A few days before she was diagnosed with cancer, author Karen Kingsbury had sent her a series of books as a gift, which Karen had signed, along with a Jeremiah 29:11 postscript. My wife was diagnosed with pancreatic cancer, 7 days after her 71st birthday. At the end of the first evening in hospital the front cover of the book she had been reading, curled up revealing Karen's postscript. My wife asked "What is Jer 29:11?" I didn't have a clue, so I looked it up on my tablet. The complete paragraph starts at vs 10:

"You will be in exile for seventy years. But then I will come and do for you all the good things I have promised and bring you home. For I know the plans I have for you, says the Lord. They are plans for good and not for evil, to give you a future and a hope." Jeremiah 29:10, 11

God even revealed the day she was going to die. On her last morning on earth, although she had been pain-free and feeling fine, she knew it was time to say goodbye as she put her arms around me one last time, weeping and shaking, said "This is not fair. God's going to take me away without you." :-( That was her last morning on earth.

I still trust the same Father I trusted so many decades ago, and I fully trust the plan He has for my wife and I.

The shmita or Shemitah is the Jewish 7 year cycle, ending with a sabbath year where the land is left to lie fallow and all work activity is to cease by Jewish law. It is a sabbath year in which all debts are cancelled, looking forward to the Cross, in which ALL debts, were cancelled. After 7 shmitas, 7x7 years comes the 50th year sabbath called the Year of Jubilee, a year of celebration, in which no work is to be done, and all land reverts to it's original owner; the year I celebrate with my wife in our new Home.
It's funny how we could be sad and yet joyful.
Your post made me sad,,,and yet I felt joy that God is so close to you and that you could look forward to being with your life's partner again.
To be honest, it brought tears to my eyes. We still feel so young at the age of 71.
But her words to you show me that you had a good life together and this is wonderful.
Yes, we should trust God....He always works all for the good; even though it may not seem like it at the time. Those who trust them through the hardship, such as yourself, is very fortunate indeed.

(and so interesting about the Shemita and the debts being erased).

Reactions: amadeus and Nancy

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Is any Christian completely holy? If not, they are completely unholy?

This is of course a trick question . . .

Much love!
Revelation 15:4 KJV
[4] Who shall not fear thee, O Lord, and glorify thy name? for thou only art holy: for all nations shall come and worship before thee; for thy judgments are made manifest.

Tecarta Bible

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The God within me is Holy, I’m nothing.
Hi Waiting on him,

When God tells us that we've be created in His own pattern, in righteousness and true holiness, what does that mean to you?

When God say, Be ye holy, for I am holy, what does that mean to us?

Much love!

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hi Waiting on him,

When God tells us that we've be created in His own pattern, in righteousness and true holiness, what does that mean to you?

When God say, Be ye holy, for I am holy, what does that mean to us?

Much love!
To me it means we are in bodied with the God head
Fully

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So are you holy or no?

God tells us to be holy, God tells us that He's created us brand new, righteous and holy. Do you not think that is true?

Much love!
How could I not be, it’s a prerequisite of being a son of God

faithfulness

Aug 13, 2018
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Righteousness exists on more than one level...because of ability. But righteousness is consistent in purpose...and that is to love others by our actions. God's ways and power are far greater than our own. Yet we are still responsible for our own actions.
"Righteousness exists on more than one level...because of ability."
In setting out to understand (surgically precise), I don't dare assume that I do...
...at first glance, "more than one level", you meant 'man's level/ability vs God's level/ability', right? Obviously.
But then I wondered if you also meant that our righteousness can exist on more than one level? Because of the 'But righteousness is consistent in purpose...(righteousness is a moving target).
Unless your righteousness exceeds that...
Thank you for your patience.

Reactions: Episkopos

faithfulness

Aug 13, 2018
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Also...we are the righteousness of God in Him. So then more mysteriously we are to look for personal encounters with saints who bring that level of life and judgment with them. Didn't Cornelius send for Peter? Didn't Cornelius receive Peter as he would the Lord? Didn't God back up His minister (Peter) with a divine encounter for Cornelius and his household?

It is like in 1 Tim. 3:1 where we are to "covet" an episkopay....His visitation. Here again we can receive this visitation through a minister of Christ...OR a direct visitation from God.

God doesn't think like us. An encounter with one of His messengers is basically like an encounter with Him IF it is received by faith. Receive a prophet in the name of a prophet....and get his reward. So we can seek through such a visitation as the receiving of the same thing that sent him to you. God does work through intermediaries. This is called...discerning the body. Or...discerning God in (through) His body.
If you don't mind my saying, the whole post encapsulated, confirmed and blessed me in the entire thread/subject, but these paragraphs in particular.
Thank you and Glory to God!

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
In setting out to understand (surgically precise), I don't dare assume that I do...
...at first glance, "more than one level", you meant 'man's level/ability vs God's level/ability', right? Obviously.
But then I wondered if you also meant that our righteousness can exist on more than one level? Because of the 'But righteousness is consistent in purpose...(righteousness is a moving target).
Ultimately God judges each based on what each has done with what he has been given. Some have been given more time, more innate intelligence, better education, more money, better parents, a better environment, and so forth, than others. How could your or I make a fair judgment against another person without knowing what that person has had available? That is of course, without God's help. We could not. It comes back to the "much is given..., much is required" of Luke 12:48

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada

The mystery is how we qualify for the Lamb's book of life. There are 2 levels of righteousness...God's and ours. HOWEVER...in Christ we learn to adopt and adapt to His righteousness..until that righteousness is worked into us...as dyed in the wool. So then this is the righteousness of saints. It is the dividend to remaining in the divine presence for long periods of time. So then the mind is renewed into a kind of righteousness that Jesus walked in. ...in THAT maturity.