Thank you all for praying for my grandson

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

pia

May 30, 2009
West Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
He made a miraculous recovery, according to the Neurosurgeon, after being on the brink of death for almost 48 hours....Had the brain surgery and by the next day was breathing on his own...the day after that they moved him out of intensive care, after saying he'd be there a few more days..
Anyone interested in seeing either of the news stories can google, either ' channel 7 news Perth. Western Australia, 'Young man survives fall' '.....or same with 'Channel 9 and so forth..
Thank you to each and every one of your for your added prayers....praise be to our Glorious Father and our Lord Jesus....Oh yeah they did the news story Friday 22nd Dec...

Josho

Millennial Christian
Staff member
Jul 19, 2015
The Land of Aus
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
He made a miraculous recovery, according to the Neurosurgeon, after being on the brink of death for almost 48 hours....Had the brain surgery and by the next day was breathing on his own...the day after that they moved him out of intensive care, after saying he'd be there a few more days..
Anyone interested in seeing either of the news stories can google, either ' channel 7 news Perth. Western Australia, 'Young man survives fall' '.....or same with 'Channel 9 and so forth..
Thank you to each and every one of your for your added prayers....praise be to our Glorious Father and our Lord Jesus....Oh yeah they did the news story Friday 22nd Dec...

This must be the one. Yes that's amazing. Praise Jesus. Man on brink of death after falling off cliff makes 'miraculous' recovery

Reactions: pia

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
@pia Oh so glad that we got to see it!! Yay!
As you say, a pity no one thanked God for His miracle...God's hand were for sure on the doctors paramedics as they worked.
WOW...all those staples!!!
Praise God for a happy ending. I doubt any of your family will ever risk stepping over a safety barrier again! :) Lesson learned.
How great is our God. Yay!!

\0/ . . \0/ . . \0/ . . \0/

Last edited:

pia

May 30, 2009
West Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
@Josho Hi there....yes that was my grandson there, and my eldest daughter and her husband....Unfortunately the news made a few 'not true' statements, as I have been told they often do.........He has no memory of the fall itself, he does recall taking photos that day....The platform they show on the TV clip is not where he fell from and this whole 'climbing over the safety rail ' thing, we're not sure where they got that from....it could be because a few people have fallen in that same area over the past 12 months, and one woman died recently near there, so perhaps they do that, so people won't demand that the government do something about the lack of safety around there ? Who knows....Personally I didn't think they had to exaggerate this story, the truth surely should have been more than enough.
Poor Matt, my son-in-law, he apologized to Lyall ( grandson) because the way the TV show had edited their conversation, it made it out to sound as if he were blaming Lyall, and he made it clear, that he had not said it that way, and that the editing had made it sound different...Apparently the Neurosurgeon wasn't happy either because of something they made out different....Ahh yes, strange world....The biggest issue here, in my mind, is the fact that one minute he wasn't expected to survive at all, then he wasn't expected to be leaving intensive care for quite some while. Then after he awoke, they said he would be in the hospital for at least half of January, and I was just told this morning, that he may be home tomorrow....Hallelujah !!!!!!!!........To God belongs ALL the Glory....Thank you for your support..

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Amen Pia..Praise God. ✟
Agree, the media clip, mis-quote and change things to suit their own agendas and hype up a story. That's why I no longer ever listen to news stations any more.
I am sure you are over the moon with happiness. :):)

pia

May 30, 2009
West Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
@pia Oh so glad that we got to see it!! Yay!
As you say, a pity no one thanked God for His miracle...God's hand were for sure on the doctors paramedics as they worked.
WOW...all those staples!!!
Praise God for a happy ending. I doubt any of your family will ever risk stepping over a safety barrier again! :) Lesson learned.
How great is our God. Yay!!

\0/ . . \0/ . . \0/ . . \0/
Hi my lovely sister / friend.....Thank you so very much for all your support and your prayers....This is without a single doubt, one for God !!!
We're actually not sure where the TV news got the idea that he had gone over a safety barrier, and as I just wrote to Josho, the platform they show on the news clip, is NOT where he fell from....As I found out later, both TV news shows had exaggerated the story and edited the interviews, to make it sound as if they said things they hadn't said that way....Pitiful really , as surely the miracle itself was more than enough of a story....I was very surprised that they didn't try to bring the story in as a Christmas Miracle. Even a decade ago, that would have been the heading of the story, I am sure, but no.....Not a single mention of God or the timing of the miracle ( not that I think the timing important, but in the past I'm certain they would have made a point of that )...
More good news last night.....I was in the middle of texting with him back and forth, and he suddenly informs me that he was in fact in the middle of having his staples removed, already.....Just amazing.....also his physiotherapist had said to him in the afternoon that he was doing fantastically well, and as far as they were concerned, he was good to go home, but that it was going to be up to the doctors.
So after having been told 4 or 5 days ago, that they expected him to be in the hospital for at least half of January, I just heard half an hour ago, that he may be home tomorrow....Hallelujah and Glory to our wonderful Father and always faithful Lord Jesus !!!!!
Did you get to see the actual clip, or was it just a photo you got to see ? My poor daughter, she didn't say a peep, I don't think...Don't think she had slept for a couple of days at that stage, and they were spending more than 12 hours at the hospital, those first days.. I am so glad that you got to see it, as I had no idea, how to get it off facebook and on to an e-mail or such....Looks like we have Josho to thank for that.
How did your Christmas go ? It sounded like you were going to have a wonderful Christmas together with a lot of your family.....How blessed we are, to even have family to celebrate the season with, many do not.........How are you feeling yourself now ? Are you all back to normal health now ? I sincerely hope so :D
Something Paul is quoted as saying in the Bible just occurred to me this morning, so I had to find it and it goes :" We are hard pressed on every side, yet not crushed ; we are perplexed, but not in despair ; persecuted, but nor forsaken; struck down, but not destroyed."
I thought that rather fitting in this case, as both you and I have had our fair share of troubles trying to take us down along the way, and I know of other believers who have had a very difficult time of it also, not because of anything they have done, just it seems, our mortal enemy trying his best to get us into fear.
Anyway, I have a ton of things I have to catch up on here at home, I am almost out of clean clothing for a start , and even though the weather is warm enough for it, going without clothes is not an option lol.
Saw on our news that a massive snow dump had fallen in the States, so I assumed that you probably got your fair share also ?
Happy New Year sweet lady and all the very best to you and yours for a wonderful 2018..............Thanks again..
Peace and blessings in abundance ...... Pia

pia

May 30, 2009
West Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Amen Pia..Praise God. ✟
Agree, the media clip, mis-quote and change things to suit their own agendas and hype up a story. That's why I no longer ever listen to news stations any more.
I am sure you are over the moon with happiness. :):)
Oh hi....Just finished my response to you....Josho's was first on the page, so after clicking on what he thought was the news story, I obviously had a peek at that first, to just check and thereby replied to him first.....
So good to hear from you, and yes....It is difficult to take the smile off my face at the moment lol.....Not that I would want to, not all that often that there is anything much to smile about, other than the Lord..
Waiting to hear how your Christmas went and how you are feeling now.....Hope it was and is all tip top.
Praise be to our ever faithful Lord, He truly is just over the moon amazing !!!!!
Thanks again for your prayers and your support, very much appreciated :D
All my love and a big hug as well as ALL the blessings of our wonderful Father, to you and to your family.......Pia

Reactions: Helen

pia

May 30, 2009
West Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
@Richard_oti ....Hello.....Just a quick thank you for your prayers and support.....It is a wonderful thing, knowing that there are people in the world kind enough to give a toss, when things like this happen to someone they don't even know.....Bless you....Pia

pia

May 30, 2009
West Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
@amadeus .......Hello, just a quick hello and a thank you to you also, for your prayers and support....it has touched me deeply that so many here joined me in prayer, and quite obviously the Lord was already 'on the job' when we began praying...Bless you.
I hope you and everyone here had a lovely Christmas, also I hope that your wife is better? You haven't mentioned for a little bit ( at least not that I have seen ) about how she is dong now...I sincerely hope she is better.........Peace and joy in the Lord always.........Pia

Reactions: amadeus and Helen

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
How did your Christmas go ? It sounded like you were going to have a wonderful Christmas together with a lot of your family.....How blessed we are, to even have family to celebrate the season with, many do not.........How are you feeling yourself now ? Are you all back to normal health now ? I sincerely hope so

Good to see you posting again, does that mean you are now 'back' or is this just a one-off re grandson?
Are you home now, or still at your friends place?

Hmmmm you ask how my christmas went..well all I can say is...I am glad it went!
It was not what I was looking forward to. Too many relatives, too many conversations going on ..and a very grumpy son-in-law that snapped at most people. ( see my post in CLICK HERE. I am Struggling today. :( ) Not sure that takes you to the first post, but you can scroll back to it. I took a bit of a nose-dive..as we sometimes do when we don't keep our guard up. :oops:

But thank you...health wise I am doing the best I have done in the last 18 months...finally feeling like 'me' again. ( I was beginning to think that I had hit a new-normal for 75 years old..blamed everything on age) happy to see that maybe there is life in the old gal yet! :D

BTW...what has happened to mjrhealth(David?) has he quit or just taking a sabbatical for a while. It left a gap when he and you both vanished at the same time. :(
If you are talking to him on skype tell him that he is missed.
Anyway...good to see you again..many blessings....Helen xx

pia

May 30, 2009
West Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
@"ByGrace" Hi, yes I am home again now with too much stuff to do here now lol.....I will perhaps be a on and off for a little while yet, as my grandson may need a little company when he gets home, as my daughter has already had to go back to work ( it's the busiest time of year for them), but will get on as often as I can.......I'll be talking to David later today....I'm sure he hasn't left, but has also had a rather busy time over the holidays...He is coming to Perth in a couple of weeks so I will get to see him again...have only seen him ' in the flesh' so to speak 4 times over the past 16 odd years, so that will be lovely....He has already said that he will take me and his Dad to the wonderful Kings Park ( sort of a Botanical Garden park) in Perth as well as a trip down to Freemantle, where the loveliest white sand beaches are, so I am really looking forward to that.
I am so very very pleased that your health is better now....Seems the enemy was getting stubborn about you, trying to 'finish' you off.....Hah ! Has he ever got another thing coming lol..........
Sorry to hear about your son-in-law, what a party pooper.......I recall you mentioned him once before as not being the happiest camper, sad for your daughter.........I will have a look for that post you mentioned.
Okay, sadly I have to hop off in a minute, I have my 'bestie' coming today...She has a little time she has to kill between clients, and it's too far for her to go all the way home and then come this way again an hour later, so we'll catch up, have a cuppa and a laugh, but I have to start getting ready.....Catch up again asap.
Bless you now and always..........pia

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@amadeus .......Hello, just a quick hello and a thank you to you also, for your prayers and support....it has touched me deeply that so many here joined me in prayer, and quite obviously the Lord was already 'on the job' when we began praying...Bless you.
I hope you and everyone here had a lovely Christmas, also I hope that your wife is better? You haven't mentioned for a little bit ( at least not that I have seen ) about how she is dong now...I sincerely hope she is better.........Peace and joy in the Lord always.........Pia
Thank you for your concern. Yes, while she is no longer in her 20's she is doing very well. The back brace is in storage and the sessions with the Physical Therapists are finished, although she continues the exercises on her own. Those metal parts in her back add the discomfort especially now when the cold weather is really hitting us. May God richly bless you and yours.

pia

May 30, 2009
West Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
@amadeus Yes it does take a little longer as we get older, but it is wonderful to hear that she has been able to put the brace away...They are most uncomfortable.......Yes sadly metal in a persons body reacts to the temperature....I don't recall anyone ever complaining about it getting hot through it, but certainly the cold I have heard a few times can be very very painful......I had a friend who crashed his motor cycle on his way to work and he broke almost every part of his face ( his face hit the fuel tank )....He had pins and plates all over the place, and I remember how much pain he was in once the cold hit, and that's here in Oz, where it almost never even gets to zero C ( except the high places ).
I am sure she will keep improving, it sounds as if she has given it all she can, with the physio and the continued exercises as well, so there is no reason she shouldn't.....guess you will have to do all you can to keep her warm :)
Thank you for your blessing and likewise to you and to your family.........Onward and upward :)........Peace and joy in 2018 to you also......

Reactions: Helen and amadeus

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@pia
Thanks for your kind words. May God richly bless you and yours as walk on with Him.

Josho

Millennial Christian
Staff member
Jul 19, 2015
The Land of Aus
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
@Josho Hi there....yes that was my grandson there, and my eldest daughter and her husband....Unfortunately the news made a few 'not true' statements, as I have been told they often do.........He has no memory of the fall itself, he does recall taking photos that day....The platform they show on the TV clip is not where he fell from and this whole 'climbing over the safety rail ' thing, we're not sure where they got that from....it could be because a few people have fallen in that same area over the past 12 months, and one woman died recently near there, so perhaps they do that, so people won't demand that the government do something about the lack of safety around there ? Who knows....Personally I didn't think they had to exaggerate this story, the truth surely should have been more than enough.
Poor Matt, my son-in-law, he apologized to Lyall ( grandson) because the way the TV show had edited their conversation, it made it out to sound as if he were blaming Lyall, and he made it clear, that he had not said it that way, and that the editing had made it sound different...Apparently the Neurosurgeon wasn't happy either because of something they made out different....Ahh yes, strange world....The biggest issue here, in my mind, is the fact that one minute he wasn't expected to survive at all, then he wasn't expected to be leaving intensive care for quite some while. Then after he awoke, they said he would be in the hospital for at least half of January, and I was just told this morning, that he may be home tomorrow....Hallelujah !!!!!!!!........To God belongs ALL the Glory....Thank you for your support..

Wow, ye that's sad the media edits it like that, the main thing is, Jesus has done it again, what a miraculous recovery it has been, that's amazing, he is coming home that fast. Thank Jesus.

pia

May 30, 2009
West Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Wow, ye that's sad the media edits it like that, the main thing is, Jesus has done it again, what a miraculous recovery it has been, that's amazing, he is coming home that fast. Thank Jesus.
Amen to that !..Best news now.....He came home last night, yipee !!! Was crying tears of joy for quite a while while in thanksgiving to our wonderful wonderful Jesus ...What an amazing thing He has done here !