That all unity may one day be restored

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don't know about unity being restored. I am not certain that it ever existed among all of those who are to be part of the Body of Christ at the end of the road.

Perhaps between Adam and Eve in the Garden of Eden prior to their disobedience there was unity, but after that...?

Jesus came and the Holy Ghost was poured out on Pentecost to make unity a possibility, but excluding the Adam and Eve situation I don't see where it could really be called a restoration of unity. Establishing unity, yes!

"Till we all come in the unity of the faith, and of the knowledge of the Son of God, unto a perfect man, unto the measure of the stature of the fulness of Christ:" Eph 4:13

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
I don't know about unity being restored. I am not certain that it ever existed among all of those who are to be part of the Body of Christ at the end of the road.

Perhaps between Adam and Eve in the Garden of Eden prior to their disobedience there was unity, but after that...?

Jesus came and the Holy Ghost was poured out on Pentecost to make unity a possibility, but excluding the Adam and Eve situation I don't see where it could really be called a restoration of unity. Establishing unity, yes!

"Till we all come in the unity of the faith, and of the knowledge of the Son of God, unto a perfect man, unto the measure of the stature of the fulness of Christ:" Eph 4:13
Good passage there in Ephesians 4.

In that chapter Paul emphasizes truth and doctrine. Which tells us that any spiritual unity needs to have a foundation there.

Reactions: marks and amadeus

WalterandDebbie

Dec 14, 2009
USA
firstthings1sttab.tripod.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Amen, but as I study in my experiences I find that the same as above, but I think concerning the scriptures, that some day it will be restoration of unity, it maybe with some spirit filled Christians now, and revealing as in Ephesians 4:12-16.

Reactions: amadeus

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
Amen, but as I study in my experiences I find that the same as above, but I think concerning the scriptures, that some day it will be restoration of unity, it maybe with some spirit filled Christians now, and revealing as in Ephesians 4:12-16.
Shows the great importance of sound doctrine in the passage.