That I might attain

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Your response here is lost...were you commenting on your post #36

I can only see a quote...but nothing from you??

Hi ByGrace...yep oops that made no sense!

I deleted that post 36...

I commented to Hope in Gods post in # 56.

I believe there are Divisions between men established By God, & By The Word of God, Jesus.

I believe there are Several Resurrections throughout history of men being Raised Back from a DEAD Natural body to a living Natural body...By God & By Christ Jesus.

I believe Bodies of saved souls and quickened spirits Shall be Bodily raised IN Glory, to meet the Lord in the Air, Before the Great Tribulation...

I believe many, particularly Israel/ Tribes of Israel Divided By God, that many Will come into belief DURING the Great Tribulation...
And their souls saved and their spirits quickened....and THEY...BECOME Bodily Killed by the armies of the anti-Christ.

Their BODIES lay dead an WAIT for after the 1,000 year reign to be Resurrected Up Glorified and gathered together By God with all others Faithful to God & Christ Jesus, the Word of God.

Their saved souls and quicken spirits together are redeemed (claimed and Taken) up to God during the Great Tribulation.

THEY ARE NOT Christ's Church...
Because THEY did Not become Bodily DEAD, crucified With Christ, by His Power...They
BECOME Bodily DEAD by the Power of The anti-Christ, who IS on earth, and given Power to Kill those who are on earth and vowing allegiance To God and The Word of God.

Resurrection is raising OF Bodies.
All bodies shall be Raised.

REDEMPTION...is God Taking What IS His.

First an Offering of Knowledge from God.
(Ie the Word of God) offered from the Beginning of mankind.

Then...Centuries of Individual men, Deciding, WHAT they Believe, and WHAT they will or will not COMMIT TO.

^ THAT is DIVISION caused Among men.

Then....the Separation Begins...
God Separating saved souls and quickened spirit OF men, taking them to Heaven, when their Bodies DIE.

Jesus SEPARATING HIS CHURCH, raising their BODIES in Glory, (to the Clouds), reunited with their Saved souls and Quickened spirits...

Then....Gods ANGER/Wrath upon the WORLD against the Earth that has become CORRUPT and against Men WHO HAVE REJECTED GOD, "and" The Word of God...Christ Jesus...
A Great Tribulation, not Observed, SINCE, the beginning, With the Great Flood, that Destroyed the Earth, and Destroyed all living things....EXCEPT, that which was SAVED...
Noah and his family, who were RISEN UP above the face of the Earth, (where the Destruction was commencing).

The FIRST Resurrection is God Gathering, ALL People, BODY (raised in Glory), Soul (saved, by his restoration), Spirit (quickened ie born again, By having received the SEED of God)...

Gathering them ALL together, from WHEREEVER they may be....
Bodies buried in dirt, bodies rotten, souls in heaven, spirits in heaven, bodies, souls, spirits in the Clouds, bodies dumped in the seas....Whereever...God shall gather them ALL TOGETHER, AFTER the 1,000 yrs reign
TO BE WITH HIM, "ON EARTH"....

AND BTW, the current SEPARATION, between Heaven and Earth....(the firmament)....
SHALL BE OPENED...
The NEW heaven and NEW earth shall be LIKE ONE, united, without Separation, and wihout Evil, Wickedness, ANTI-God, ANtI-Christ...
And ALL WILL have FREELY CHOSEN thee Lord God Almighty to forever BE THEIR GOD...and By their choice and Gods Ultimate POWER....FOREVER He "WILL" Be "their God".

There is also a RESURRECTION of the UNFAITHFUL...
Their Bodies from graves, raised TO HELL, and Their unsaved souls IN hell....They also receive their Judgement, according to the Evidence, which is recorded in Gods Book of Life and the Lambs Book of Life.
IF THEY ARE Found...(ie their name)...blotted out of Gods Book of Life, or not recorded in the Lambs Book of Life....THEIR SENTENCE IS...to have LIFE FROM GOD, Departed FROM THEM FOREVER...
(Life from God is His BREATH, in a SOUL
Also His SEED, in a mans natural spirit (which his SEED was never given a man AgAINSt God)

The Life from God, (His BREATH), departs the man, and returns to God...and then their BODY and SOUL destroyed.

A man MADE WHOLE, body, soul, spirit, BY the Power of God, THROUGH Christ Jesus...HAS NO PART...
IN being subject to Gods WRATH and GREAT ANGER, during the Great Tribulation.

ALSO they have NO PART, IN the SECOND Resurrection.

God Bless,
Taken

Reactions: marks

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
~ marks ~ thank you for the like.

Always a good thing to know WHO is a brother IN Christ.

God Bless,
Taken

Hope in God

May 29, 2019
TAMPA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hello Hope,
How many examples would you like?
Here's one: Saint Thérèse of Lisieux

Further, because we are one in Christ, when they give praise and glory to the Lord, we all do!
Are all teachers? Are all prayer warriors? Are all pastors?
Can we say of any part of the Body, I don't need you?
Because their function is different from mine, are they unnecessary?

Peace be with you!

Reactions: Nancy

Hope in God

May 29, 2019
TAMPA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
As I mentioned in another post, I may be a bit confused on what you believe on these things. I had understood you as thinking the same as some, that we can be born again, and saved, but if we're really really good, or something like that, we can become not just the the audience, the guests, the crowd, but we can become the Sons, an elite group, or, IF we're really really really good, we may be chosen to be the Bride, an even more elite group. Or whatever names others use.

I don't believe those things.

I believe we are all saved just the same, that we are all the church, the body of Christ. We will have differences between us according to our faithfulness to His call to us, in rewards and glory, but not that these will separate us into different groups. I believe that God called us to be unified together by being unified with Him.

Much love!

The Bride will be the firstfruits unto God, redeemed from among men but are the first to be with Him.

James 1:18 Of his own will begat he us with the word of truth, that we should be a kind of firstfruits of his creatures.

1 Cor. 15:23
1 Corinthians 15:23 (NIV)
But each in turn: Christ, the firstfruits; then, when he comes, those who belong to him.
The firstfruits (Bride) are risen, then those who belong to Him when He comes. Pretty simple as I read it.

Reactions: Nancy and Helen

Hope in God

May 29, 2019
TAMPA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And what of our forgiveness?

Are these servants Israel? Or Christians?

Much love!
There are those, I understand, who believe nothing at all was directed toward the Gentiles until Paul's ministry, that all of the OT and Gospels relate only to the Jews. But I believe ALL scripture is given for doctrine, correction, for reproof, that the man of God might be perfect, thoroughly furnished unto all good works. Now all these things happened unto them for examples: and they are written for our admonition, upon whom the ends of the world are come.

Reactions: Nancy

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There are those, I understand, who believe nothing at all was directed toward the Gentiles until Paul's ministry, that all of the OT and Gospels relate only to the Jews. But I believe ALL scripture is given for doctrine, correction, for reproof, that the man of God might be perfect, thoroughly furnished unto all good works. Now all these things happened unto them for examples: and they are written for our admonition, upon whom the ends of the world are come.
Hi Hope in God,

I'm not sure how that answers my question . . .

Much love!

Philip James

May 4, 2018
Brandon
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada

Hope,

Haha, there's 2000 years of documents to choose from, much of it online.
Here's a quick list of some of the more well known religious orders: 9 of the Most Well Known Catholic Religious Orders | Behind the

To know more about any of them, a quick search will lead you to websites run by some of their chapters...

I wish you well on your journey!

Peace be with you.

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Hi ByGrace...yep oops that made no sense!

I deleted that post 36...

I commented to Hope in Gods post in # 56.

I believe there. <snip>

God Bless,
Taken

Hi there, glad that you posted ... :)
I just posted that to you because you don't usually Quote someone and then not add a thought or two ( or three or four :D) I thought somehow your post misfired or didn't post.. lol I wasn't sure that you were aware of it...

I like most of your post, but on some things we still disagree :)
But they are not beaches to die upon...
( You know I think that one of the points is the rapture. I am not a rapturist.)

I am glad that you know what you believe...it is good to be solid on what we believe that the Father has shown us.
My own position on most thing ( not pertaining to salvation) is that I believe it, and hold it...unless or until God shows me something deeper or different. Which has happened over the decades since 1960. Some small, some drastic and hard to let go of.

One of my constant prayers is " Lord keep my heart soft and teachable"

If we ever come to the place of believing that we have everything nailed down and boxed neatly into our belief system...there is no more room for God to show us anything new and precious.

"Further up and deeper in! " :)

Bless you...Helen

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hi there, glad that you posted ... :)
I just posted that to you because you don't usually Quote someone and then not add a thought or two ( or three or four :D) I thought somehow your post misfired or didn't post.. lol I wasn't sure that you were aware of it...

I like most of your post, but on some things we still disagree :)
But they are not beaches to die upon...
( You know I think that one of the points is the rapture. I am not a rapturist.)

I am glad that you know what you believe...it is good to be solid on what we believe that the Father has shown us.
My own position on most thing ( not pertaining to salvation) is that I believe it, and hold it...unless or until God shows me something deeper or different. Which has happened over the decades since 1960. Some small, some drastic and hard to let go of.

One of my constant prayers is " Lord keep my heart soft and teachable"

If we ever come to the place of believing that we have everything nailed down and boxed neatly into our belief system...there is no more room for God to show us anything new and precious.

"Further up and deeper in! " :)

Bless you...Helen

Ya...I multitask! Been doing a lot of outside work, take a break, read some posts, think about replying, then the sun goes behind a cloud so take advantage of a bit of shade, and resume outside work.

Thanks for pointing that out!

Yep, I know there are some things we disagree on, and that's not an issue with me.
Jesus got ALL the things He set out to accomplish...FINISHED....and Gods WILL will be DONE, regardless of what any individual understands.

Gods Knowledge and Understanding IS Absolute, Complete and Perfect....and we have FOREVER to Become INCREASED IN His Knowledge and Understanding.

And the JOURNEY, IS Marvelous!

God Bless Sister IN Christ,
Taken

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

The Bride will be the firstfruits unto God, redeemed from among men but are the first to be with Him.

Hi Hope in God,

I'd like to look at these one at a time.

Revelation 14:1-5
1 And I looked, and, lo, a Lamb stood on the mount Sion, and with him an hundred forty and four thousand, having his Father's name written in their foreheads.
2 And I heard a voice from heaven, as the voice of many waters, and as the voice of a great thunder: and I heard the voice of harpers harping with their harps:
3 And they sung as it were a new song before the throne, and before the four beasts, and the elders: and no man could learn that song but the hundred and forty and four thousand, which were redeemed from the earth.
4 These are they which were not defiled with women; for they are virgins. These are they which follow the Lamb whithersoever he goeth. These were redeemed from among men, being the firstfruits unto God and to the Lamb.
5 And in their mouth was found no guile: for they are without fault before the throne of God.

Hearkening back to . . .

Revelation 7:1-4
1 And after these things I saw four angels standing on the four corners of the earth, holding the four winds of the earth, that the wind should not blow on the earth, nor on the sea, nor on any tree.
2 And I saw another angel ascending from the east, having the seal of the living God: and he cried with a loud voice to the four angels, to whom it was given to hurt the earth and the sea,
3 Saying, Hurt not the earth, neither the sea, nor the trees, till we have sealed the servants of our God in their foreheads.
4 And I heard the number of them which were sealed: and there were sealed an hundred and forty and four thousand of all the tribes of the children of Israel.

What I'm seeing here is that there will be 144,000 Jews sealed. Can you show me in this these passages how this refers not to 144,000 Jewish men, and actually that it refers to a "bride" selected from among the church?

Much love!

Reactions: Taken and Nancy

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Ya...I multitask! Been doing a lot of outside work, take a break, read some posts, think about replying, then the sun goes behind a cloud so take advantage of a bit of shade, and resume outside work.

Thanks for pointing that out!

Yep, I know there are some things we disagree on, and that's not an issue with me.
Jesus got ALL the things He set out to accomplish...FINISHED....and Gods WILL will be DONE, regardless of what any individual understands.

Gods Knowledge and Understanding IS Absolute, Complete and Perfect....and we have FOREVER to Become INCREASED IN His Knowledge and Understanding.

And the JOURNEY, IS Marvelous!

God Bless Sister IN Christ,
Taken

Amen!!
On that we agree solidly on. :)

Bless you...H

Reactions: Taken and marks

Hope in God

May 29, 2019
TAMPA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hi Hope in God,

What I'm seeing here is that there will be 144,000 Jews sealed. Can you show me in this these passages how this refers not to 144,000 Jewish men, and actually that it refers to a "bride" selected from among the church?

Much love!
The "Bride of Christ" is one who must purify herself, permit sanctification to take place. She has to make "herself ready," to be perfect. There is preparation for one to be in this group. (Rev. 19:7) You must know, as well as most believers, that many, many who are saved will not submit to God's inward working. For them, there is no making "herself ready" because they don't understand what it is to grow up in Christ. It is an earned place through cooperation with God's internal work.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The "Bride of Christ" is one who must purify herself, permit sanctification to take place. She has to make "herself ready," to be perfect. There is preparation for one to be in this group. (Rev. 19:7) You must know, as well as most believers, that many, many who are saved will not submit to God's inward working. For them, there is no making "herself ready" because they don't understand what it is to grow up in Christ. It is an earned place through cooperation with God's internal work.

I had been asking about the 144,000 passage which you quoted to support this understanding, but you don't seem to be addressing that.

Much love!

Hope in God

May 29, 2019
TAMPA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hope,

Haha, there's 2000 years of documents to choose from, much of it online.
Here's a quick list of some of the more well known religious orders: 9 of the Most Well Known Catholic Religious Orders | Behind the

To know more about any of them, a quick search will lead you to websites run by some of their chapters...

I wish you well on your journey!

Peace be with you.
I understand there are orders. I've known that for most of my life. Do these people write books? And, if so, what do they contain? Anything remotely relative to a Christian's (as opposed to Catholic) foundation of sound doctrine? Where do they admit their centuries old dogmas in the light of Scripture? Where is it in my KJV Bible stated that Mary ascended or was sinless? Where is transubstantiation? Where is sprinkling of water? Where is the monastic and cloistered societies? I would like these to be shown via the Scriptures, not Papal orders.

Reactions: Nancy and Helen

Philip James

May 4, 2018
Brandon
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I understand there are orders. I've known that for most of my life. Do these people write books? And, if so, what do they contain? Anything remotely relative to a Christian's (as opposed to Catholic) foundation of sound doctrine? Where do they admit their centuries old dogmas in the light of Scripture? Where is it in my KJV Bible stated that Mary ascended or was sinless? Where is transubstantiation? Where is sprinkling of water? Where is the monastic and cloistered societies? I would like these to be shown via the Scriptures, not Papal orders.

Ah, i see you were not actually interested in what they do or what they have to say... My mistake.

Peace be with you!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

James 1:18 Of his own will begat he us with the word of truth, that we should be a kind of firstfruits of his creatures.

OK, moving on the the next passage . . .

James 1:16-20
16 Do not err, my beloved brethren.
17 Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, and cometh down from the Father of lights, with whom is no variableness, neither shadow of turning.
18 Of his own will begat he us with the word of truth, that we should be a kind of firstfruits of his creatures.
19 Wherefore, my beloved brethren, let every man be swift to hear, slow to speak, slow to wrath:
20 For the wrath of man worketh not the righteousness of God.

Firstfruits of His creations? The Greek there is ktismaton, neuter noun, lexical form ktisma, "a created thing", used of just that, a creation of God.

Is this teaching that God will set some of His children over the others? The Inner Circle, and the Outer Circle?

Is this teaching that God wants those whom He begat with the word of true to be a kind of firstfruits of His creatures/creation?

I think the second, that seems to me to be the straightforward reading.

Your thoughts?

Much love!

Hope in God

May 29, 2019
TAMPA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
OK, moving on the the next passage . . .

Firstfruits of His creations? The Greek there is ktismaton, neuter noun, lexical form ktisma, "a created thing", used of just that, a creation of God.

Is this teaching that God will set some of His children over the others? The Inner Circle, and the Outer Circle?

Is this teaching that God wants those whom He begat with the word of true to be a kind of firstfruits of His creatures/creation?

I think the second, that seems to me to be the straightforward reading.

Your thoughts?

Much love!

There are various thoughts regarding the Bride, and, as I understand, from evangelical circles, it represents the Church. Another interpretation is that the bride is Israel and the “marriage of the Lamb” is the reconciliation of Israel with God which the prophets foretold.

I have come to see the Bride as we often called it where I was taught, "called out ones", or those destined to be a part of the "out resurrection" which is the literal interpretation given of Phil. 3:11-14, 'If by any means I might attain unto the resurrection of the dead. Not as though I had already attained, either were already perfect: but I follow after, if that I may apprehend that for which also I am apprehended of Christ Jesus. Brethren, I count not myself to have apprehended: but this one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind, and reaching forth unto those things which are before, I press toward the mark for the prize of the high calling of God in Christ Jesus."

It is a prize of the upward call of God. A prize necessitates a conflict, the present conflict between Christians and rulers of the darkness of this age. (Eph. 6:12) and to receive this prize would require victory. Consequently, the “out-resurrection” of Philippians 3:11 cannot be the resurrection of Christians to which Paul refers in 1 Corinthians 15:51-57 and 1 Thessalonians 4:13-18, for all of "the dead in Christ", both the overcomers in the conflict and those who have been overcome in the conflict, will be raised from the dead at the time referred to in those verses.

Not wanting to dig through my old notes, I have borrowed and am borrowing from a site that has this already laid out. The Out-Resurrection

The regular Greek word for "resurrection" appearing throughout the New Testament is anastasis. This is a compound word comprised of ana, which means “up,” and stasis, which means “to rise,” or “to stand.” Thus, anastasis means “to rise up” or “to stand up.” When used relative to those who have died, the exact meaning of the word would be, “a resumption of life, allowing one to rise up or stand up from the place of death.”

The Greek word appearing in Philippians 3:11, erroneously translated “resurrection” in most English versions of Scripture, is exanastasis. This word is made up of three parts (ex-ana-stasis). The latter two parts of the word (ana-stasis), as has been shown, mean “to rise up,” or “to stand up.” But the preposition ex (from ek) prefixed to anastasis adds a new dimension. The first part, ex (the form that “ek” takes when prefixed to words beginning with a vowel) means “out of,” making exanastasismean “to stand up out of [out-resurrection].”

At the time of the resurrection (anastasis), Christians will be separated from non-Christians; but at the time of the out-resurrection (exanastasis), certain Christians will be separated from other Christians. A smaller group will be separated from the one large group. The called out will be removed from the called.

Hope in God

May 29, 2019
TAMPA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Ah, i see you were not actually interested in what they do or what they have to say... My mistake.

Peace be with you!

What do they have to write about it, not say. How is one to hear all those voices, search them out? Have they written their beliefs with Scriptural proof somewhere that I can read. In books that would relate to the common Bible student?