That second tree

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

tomwebster

Dec 11, 2006
We think of sin as being wrongful acts, and, though this is true, it is, as Adam and Eve showed us...much more than that.

Sin is any act which is unrighteous. We have kidded ourselves that certain unrighteous acts are ok..but they are still sin. An unrighteous act involves us wasting our spiritual strength and this we achieve daily on a massive scale. Only by following Jesus accurately do we begin to harness that spiritual force that Jesus says will lead to everlasting life and a closeness with Almighty God. Primarily because it is a repairing force if aligned with the way, the truth and the life.

So what are you thinking the sin in the garden was? It was disobedience to God, “partaking of” (touching) the tree of the knowledge of good and evil.

NicholasMarks

Aug 23, 2011
The sin in the garden was exactly as you say it is but it also invoked a distress within the pair. They tried to hide...cover up their nakedness...blame each other...knew they had done wrong. This doesn't appear so important in this day and age but it set in motion a genetic downfall...which led to their everlasting spirit to collapse and die by virtue of the genetic distresses it induced.

Easy then...follow Jesus Christ and unwrangle the mess that Adam and Eve spun around us...except, that, evil, has blocked all paths back to God. We need extra strength and Jesus Christ provides that strength by virtue of 'his way, his truth, and his life' which states clearly...those that follow me (Jesus) will enjoy the same fruits of resurrection...here on the Earth. Not as a perfect human being does, but into a new vessel, held within the faith.

The 'tree of the knowledge of good and evil' represents the fact that if Almighty God had to pull out of his project we would have to enjoy the path of finding out for ourselves why Amighty God will not bend his laws and our path, over the last few thousand years, has provided adequate examples of where sin will lead us to...and it ain't a pretty sight...especially as the life supporting mechanics of the entire planet are now under threat by those who are simply...ruining the Earth..

justaname

Disciple of Jesus Christ
Mar 14, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I believe God's plan was in place before the foundations of the world. Ephesians 1:4
Therefore they were going to leave the garden before they even entered the garden.
I believe Eve was deceived by Satan (Satan translated means deceiver) Genesis 3:13 How could she know what a lie was if she didn't know good from evil? What Satan does is attack the amount of trust in God's word Eve has. Coincidence, nay surly planned is the fact that trust in God's Word is what returns us to Him.
I do not see us in plan B, because the plan for Jesus has always been plan A. 1 Peter 1:20

As far as what if they didn't eat...
that was never a part of God's story.

But for discussion's sake, good and evil were already in the world , A&E were simply ignorant of them.
Take the nakedness, authors intent I believe, shows us their ignorance. It is not until after the fruit is eaten do they understand their nakedness. But what has changed? Before they ate God allowed their nakedness, why was it wrong after they ate? Clearly to show one's nakedness in primordial times was not acceptable, as we see in the cursing of Noah's sons, and later in the Law. Yet, in the garden, naked. Did God change His mind, or did humankind change their mind? I believe humans took on a change in their minds as scripture tells us, thereby Adam being able to look at Eve in lust and shame and vise versa. The point being they were already naked, the opportunity for lust and shame present, simply not acted upon or thought of.

Reactions: Angelina