That we may be one

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Letsgofishing

Nov 27, 2007
There are 54 "one anothers" in the New Testament that teach us how to treat those who belong to the body of ChristMk. 9:50 “....Have salt in yourselves, and be at peace with each other.” Jn. 13:14 “Now that I, your Lord and Teacher, have washed your feet, you also should wash one another’s feet.” Jn. 13:34 “A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another.” Jn. 15:12 “My command is this: Love each other as I have loved you.” Jn. 15:17 “This is my command: Love each other.” Rom. 12:10 Be devoted to one another with mutual affection. Honor one another above yourselves. Rom. 12:16 Live in harmony with one another. Rom. 13:8 Let no debt remain outstanding, except the continuing debt to love one another, for whoever loves others has fulfilled the law. Rom. 14:13 Therefore let us stop passing judgment on one another.... Rom. 15:7 Accept one another, then, just as Christ accepted you, in order to bring praise to God. Rom. 16:16 Greet one another with a holy kiss.... 1 Cor. 1:10 I appeal to you, brothers and sisters, in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that all of you agree with one another so that there may be no divisions among you and that you may be perfectly united in mind and thought. 1 Cor. 11:33 So then, my brothers and sisters, when you come together to eat, wait for each other. 1 Cor. 12:24-25 ....But God has combined the members of the body and has given greater honor to the parts that lacked it, so that there should be no division in the body, but that its parts should have equal concern for each other. 1 Cor. 16:20 ....Greet one another with a holy kiss. 2 Cor. 13:12 Greet one another with a holy kiss. Gal. 5:13 ....But do not use your freedom to indulge the sinful nature; rather, serve one another in love. Gal. 5:26 Let us not become conceited, provoking and envying each other. Gal. 6:2 Carry each other’s burdens, and in this way you will fulfill the law of Christ. Eph. 4:2 Be completely humble and gentle; be patient, bearing with one another in love. Eph.4:32 Be kind and compassionate to one another, forgiving each other, just as in Christ God forgave you. Eph. 5:19 Speak to one another with psalms, hymns and spiritual songs.... Eph. 5:21 Submit to one another out of reverence for Christ. Col. 3:9 Do not lie to each other, since you have taken off your old self with its practices Col. 3:13 Bear with each other and forgive whatever grievances you may have against one another.... Col. 3:16 Let the word of Christ dwell in you richly as you teach and admonish one another with all wisdom, and as you sing psalms, hymns and spiritual songs with gratitude in your hearts to God. 1 Thes. 4:9 Now about your mutual love we do not need to write to you, for you yourselves have been taught by God to love each other. 1 Thes. 4:18 Therefore encourage each other with these words. 51 Thes. :11 Therefore encourage one another and build each other up, just as in fact you are doing. 1 Thes. 5:13 ....Live in peace with each other. 1 Thes. 5:15 Make sure that nobody pays back wrong for wrong, but always try to be kind to each other and to everyone else. Heb. 3:13 But encourage one another daily, as long as it is called Today, so that none of you may be hardened by sin’s deceitfulness. Heb. 10:24-25 And let us consider how we may spur one another on toward love and good deeds. Let us not give up meeting together, as some are in the habit of doing, but let us encourage one another and all the more as you see the Day approaching. Heb. 13:1 Keep on loving each other as brothers and sisters. Jam. 4:11 Brothers and sisters, do not slander one another.... Jam. 5:9 Don’t grumble against each other, brothers and sisters, or you will be judged.... Jam. 5:16 Therefore confess your sins to each other and pray for each other so that you may be healed.... 1 Jn. 3:11 This is the message you heard from the beginning: We should love one another. 1 Jn. 3:23 And this is his command: to believe in the name of his Son, Jesus Christ, and to love one another as he commanded us. 1Jn. 4:7 Dear friends, let us love one another, for love comes from God.... 1 Jn. 4:11 Dear friends, since God so loved us, we also ought to love one another. 2 Jn. 1:5 ....I ask that we love one another. 1 Pet. 1:22 Now that you have purified yourselves by obeying the truth so that you have sincere mutual affection, love one another deeply, from the heart. 1 Pet. 3:8 Finally, all of you, live in harmony with one another; be sympathetic, love one another, be compassionate and humble. 1 Pet. 4:8 Above all, love each other deeply, because love covers over a multitude of sins. 1 Pet. 4:9 Offer hospitality to one another without grumbling. 1 Pet. 5:5 ....All of you, clothe yourselves with humility toward one another, because, “God opposes the proud but gives grace to the humble.” 1 Pet. 5:14 Greet one another with a kiss of love. I think sometimes, especially in this board we forget.......

Rank Stranger

Jun 1, 2008
(Letsgofishing;53906)
There are 54 "one anothers" in the New Testament that teach us how to treat those who belong to the body of ChristMk. 9:50 “....Have salt in yourselves, and be at peace with each other.”Jn. 13:14 “Now that I, your Lord and Teacher, have washed your feet, you also should wash one another’s feet.” I think sometimes, especially in this board we forget.......
Forget? Or could it be zelous attempts to correct faulty or incorrect Christian doctrine? If someone posts that they do not worship Mary, but only pray to her, would it not be a good thing to point up that prayer, like singing hymns and supporting our congregations with money, is a distinct form of worship? And Jesus very clearly told us that we are to worship only God, and no other.I fear there are a LOT of people who think they are Christians, and who profess that they believe in Jesus, but who in reality do not even know Him. They have chosen the broad way rather than the straight and narrow way. That is a very sad situation.Rank Stranger

tim_from_pa

Jul 11, 2007
All those verses in the bible basically are saying that one should wake up and know the truth, thus they will get along if they know it. That's different than compromising for the sake of unity or so-called love.Actually the bible allows a Christian to disfellowship with another so-called Christian if they do not straighten their act. The fact that we are all here talking with each other shows there is more tolerance in debate than if we merely turn a cold shoulder (which is actually scriptural). However, there are a small minority of people I put on my banned list. I am very tolerant of people even if I do not agree with much of what they say. But for someone to end up on my banned list have to show themselves an ace backhold with obviously nothing worth saying even if they think otherwise.

followerofchrist

Nov 22, 2007
(tim_from_pa;53915)
All those verses in the bible basically are saying that one should wake up and know the truth, thus they will get along if they know it. That's different than compromising for the sake of unity or so-called love. Actually the bible allows a Christian to disfellowship with another so-called Christian if they do not straighten their act. The fact that we are all here talking with each other shows there is more tolerance in debate than if we merely turn a cold shoulder (which is actually scriptural). However, there are a small minority of people I put on my banned list. I am very tolerant of people even if I do not agree with much of what they say. But for someone to end up on my banned list have to show themselves an ace backhold with obviously nothing worth saying even if they think otherwise.
I'm not on there am I Tim?