What is speaking in tongues?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No, none of us ever "know all of the answers" because, as I believe, there will arise more questions. I have never searched for answers in community with people who did not speak English.
Amen! God knows, but what do we know? There is a whole lot that I do not know.

Bob Carabbio

Aug 3, 2016
Dallas, TX
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
When God gives you a gift, you get a gift. you don't have to work at it. Having to repeat stuff over and over until you get it, is nonsense.

This is ridiculous, and is nowhere in the Bible.

Here is Sid Roth showing you "how" . This is not speaking in tongues, I don't know what it is, but i suspect the worst.

This is the "Priming the pump" stupidity. You CAN'T LEARN "tongues". When the Holy Spirit puts "Tongues" (or prophesy, or "Word of wisdom / Knowledge, or interpretation of tongues) into your mind, then you JUST SPEAK IT, without adding to, or subtracting from what HE gives you.

Reactions: Spyder and amadeus

Bob Carabbio

Aug 3, 2016
Dallas, TX
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The purpose is clear by the scriptures. Tongues served a purpose in the early, fledgling church as did the other manifestations of the Spirit, to grow it and edify it which are no longer necessary. There was no written word of God as we have today to guide us in all things. Tongues were a sign to unbelievers as the scriptures teach, not to the church.
This the favorite HERESY of Cessationists - i.e. that "That PERFECT" refers to the written Scriptures. The "CHURCH" is no more "PROVEN / established" In 2024, than it was in A.D. 40.

DJT_47

Oct 29, 2022
Michigan/Sterling Heights
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This the favorite HERESY of Cessationists - i.e. that "That PERFECT" refers to the written Scriptures. The "CHURCH" is no more "PROVEN / established" In 2024, than it was in A.D. 40.
Instead of wasting your time participating on forums such as this, you should be out there performing miracles, miraculously healing people, prophesying, telling everyone wonderful things that is over and above what God has revealed to us, speaking in "tongues" to unvelievers so they can be converted, etc. Just think of all the wonderful things you're NOT doing because you find it more important to falsely criticize people who challenge you as I'm doing right now.

Last edited:

Bob Carabbio

Aug 3, 2016
Dallas, TX
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Instead of wasting your time participating on forums such as this, you should be out there performing miracles, miraculously healing people, prophesying, telling everyone wonderful things that us over and above what God has revealed to us, speaking in "tongues" to invelievers so they can be converted, etc. Just think of all the wonderful things you're NOT doing because you find it more important to falsely criticize people who challenge you as I'm doing right now.
Chuckle!!!

Reactions: amadeus