The #1 problem with this forum is…..

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Scott Downey

Dec 19, 2021
New Brunswick
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
When God saves a person, HE does that for His Great NAMES SAKE. Same idea as in 1 John 2:12...
I write to you, little children, Because your sins are forgiven you for His name’s sake.

And you see this same thing in Ezekiel 36. Read this whole part of the chapter, and you will see how this is talking about our New Covenant relationship. God is concerned for His Holy Name's sake and His promises, that is why we are of the saved, as we are called according to His promise to Abraham, as Isaac was we also are children of the promise. I hope this sinks deep into your souls.

Galatians 4:28
Now we, brethren, as Isaac was, are children of promise.

The Renewal of Israel

16 Moreover the word of the Lord came to me, saying: 17 “Son of man, when the house of Israel dwelt in their own land, they defiled it by their own ways and deeds; to Me their way was like the uncleanness of a woman in her customary impurity. 18 Therefore I poured out My fury on them for the blood they had shed on the land, and for their idols with which they had defiled it. 19 So I scattered them among the nations, and they were dispersed throughout the countries; I judged them according to their ways and their deeds. 20 When they came to the nations, wherever they went, they profaned My holy name—when they said of them, ‘These are the people of the Lord, and yet they have gone out of His land.’ 21 But I had concern for My holy name, which the house of Israel had profaned among the nations wherever they went.

22 “Therefore say to the house of Israel, ‘Thus says the Lord God: “I do not do this for your sake, O house of Israel, but for My holy name’s sake, which you have profaned among the nations wherever you went. 23 And I will sanctify My great name, which has been profaned among the nations, which you have profaned in their midst; and the nations shall know that I am the Lord,” says the Lord God, “when I am hallowed in you before their eyes. 24 For I will take you from among the nations, gather you out of all countries, and bring you into your own land. 25 Then I will sprinkle clean water on you, and you shall be clean; I will cleanse you from all your filthiness and from all your idols. 26 I will give you a new heart and put a new spirit within you; I will take the heart of stone out of your flesh and give you a heart of flesh. 27 I will put My Spirit within you and cause you to walk in My statutes, and you will keep My judgments and do them. 28 Then you shall dwell in the land that I gave to your fathers; you shall be My people, and I will be your God. 29 I will deliver you from all your uncleannesses. I will call for the grain and multiply it, and bring no famine upon you. 30 And I will multiply the fruit of your trees and the increase of your fields, so that you need never again bear the reproach of famine among the nations. 31 Then you will remember your evil ways and your deeds that were not good; and you will loathe yourselves in your own sight, for your iniquities and your abominations. 32 Not for your sake do I do this,” says the Lord God, “let it be known to you. Be ashamed and confounded for your own ways, O house of Israel!”

33 ‘Thus says the Lord God: “On the day that I cleanse you from all your iniquities, I will also enable you to dwell in the cities, and the ruins shall be rebuilt. 34 The desolate land shall be tilled instead of lying desolate in the sight of all who pass by. 35 So they will say, ‘This land that was desolate has become like the garden of Eden; and the wasted, desolate, and ruined cities are now fortified and inhabited.’ 36 Then the nations which are left all around you shall know that I, the Lord, have rebuilt the ruined places and planted what was desolate. I, the Lord, have spoken it, and I will do it.

37 ‘Thus says the Lord God: “I will also let the house of Israel inquire of Me to do this for them: I will increase their men like a flock. 38 Like a flock offered as holy sacrifices, like the flock at Jerusalem on its feast days, so shall the ruined cities be filled with flocks of men. Then they shall know that I am the Lord.” ’ ”

Scott Downey

Dec 19, 2021
New Brunswick
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Also for an additional tie in to what God is saying in Ezekiel 36:33-37 about rebuilding the waste and ruined places, and the NC church and the flocks of men (the sheep of Christ) compare to Acts 15 what is said about the rebuilding being done by God regarding His new covenant established in Christ's blood.

Acts 15
11 But we believe that through the grace of the Lord Jesus Christ we shall be saved in the same manner as they.”

12 Then all the multitude kept silent and listened to Barnabas and Paul declaring how many miracles and wonders God had worked through them among the Gentiles. 13 And after they had become silent, James answered, saying, “Men and brethren, listen to me: 14 Simon has declared how God at the first visited the Gentiles to take out of them a people for His name. 15 And with this the words of the prophets agree, just as it is written:

16 ‘After this I will return
And will rebuild the tabernacle of David, which has fallen down;
I will rebuild its ruins,
And I will set it up;
17 So that the rest of mankind may seek the Lord,
Even all the Gentiles who are called by My name,
Says the Lord who does all these things.’

18 “Known to God from eternity are all His works. 19 Therefore I judge that we should not trouble those from among the Gentiles who are turning to God, 20 but that we write to them to abstain from things polluted by idols, from sexual immorality, from things strangled, and from blood. 21 For Moses has had throughout many generations those who preach him in every city, being read in the synagogues every Sabbath.”

Lifelong_sinner

Sep 21, 2021
Somewhere in time
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
First off, i want to say thanks to everyone who messaged me in regards to this post. I realized there has been some misunderstandings about my views, which for some, caused genuine concern.
I am not here to condemn anyone by name. But the misunderstanding actually started a week or two ago when i made a post about if everyone who claimed to be saved on this forum, really believed that. Again, i cannot overstate this, i am not condemning anyone by name.
I have posted that i am not saved. Heres where the misunderstanding comes in…. The majority of people on this forum are not either. I am NOT condemning anyone by name. Please keep that in mind. This is where the angry comments came in at.
There are numerous passages that many will try to enter Heaven, but few will make it. Keyword… few. In these passages, its not talking about atheists or muslims or whatever other religion there is, its talking about christians!! Its talking about us!!

A few months back, my folks, who are baptists, heard their baptist, calvinist preacher on a Sunday sermon talk about one day he went to the grocery store and was waiting in line to check out. As he was, he looked around the store, and wondered who in that store would he see up in Heaven, and he mentioned that the majority of people wouldnt be making it in. As you can imagine, quite a few people sitting in the pews did not like this, my father being one of them. They all thought the preacher was being judgmental. But he wasnt. He was simply playing the numbers game.

In any sense of the word “few”, it means minority. So when i say im not saved, im just being honest with myself. But also, few as pertaining to this forum, means minority. The majority of this forum will not get to Heaven. Notice im basing this on numbers, not names. Hope this helps.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
First off, i want to say thanks to everyone who messaged me in regards to this post. I realized there has been some misunderstandings about my views, which for some, caused genuine concern.
I am not here to condemn anyone by name. But the misunderstanding actually started a week or two ago when i made a post about if everyone who claimed to be saved on this forum, really believed that. Again, i cannot overstate this, i am not condemning anyone by name.
I have posted that i am not saved. Heres where the misunderstanding comes in…. The majority of people on this forum are not either. I am NOT condemning anyone by name. Please keep that in mind. This is where the angry comments came in at.
There are numerous passages that many will try to enter Heaven, but few will make it. Keyword… few. In these passages, its not talking about atheists or muslims or whatever other religion there is, its talking about christians!! Its talking about us!!

A few months back, my folks, who are baptists, heard their baptist, calvinist preacher on a Sunday sermon talk about one day he went to the grocery store and was waiting in line to check out. As he was, he looked around the store, and wondered who in that store would he see up in Heaven, and he mentioned that the majority of people wouldnt be making it in. As you can imagine, quite a few people sitting in the pews did not like this, my father being one of them. They all thought the preacher was being judgmental. But he wasnt. He was simply playing the numbers game.

In any sense of the word “few”, it means minority. So when i say im not saved, im just being honest with myself. But also, few as pertaining to this forum, means minority. The majority of this forum will not get to Heaven. Notice im basing this on numbers, not names. Hope this helps.
I actually essentially agree with you with regard to ultimate and final salvation. People throw the words, "saved", and, "salvation", around a bit too freely without clarifying... or sometimes even knowing what they really mean.

Bob Estey

Aug 18, 2021
Sparks, Nevada
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
People’s understanding, or perhaps disagreement over salvation. I dont see nowhere near as many “debates” over other topics like baby baptisms or gated communion tables.

so this brings up the question, why is it so hard to have one understanding as to how salvation actually works? I have to assume its because of ….

*drum roll*

THE REFORMERS!!!!!!
*wild clapping and cheering*

yes, the reformers. As most of yall know, i’m a huge fan of the Reformers, and puritans. Do i think we need another Jerusalem Conference moment?? It would help, but some people just arent going to change their minds no matter the proof.

so whats the answer? Can it ever be resolved?
When someone wants to believe something and can find a group of people who believe what he wants to believe, and Bible verses that may, or may not, suggest they are right; then he might believe that, and close his mind to anything else. And so 400 "prophets" might be wrong, while just one is right.

*humbly takes a bow*

Desire Of All Nations

Jun 23, 2021
Troy
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It's definitely going to be resolved, because Christ is going to destroy and outlaw all false religion for good, including the mainstream "Christian" denominations. A reformation of that scale cannot and will not be left to the deceived people in these groups because they have already proven throughout the last 1900+ years that their traditions and personal beliefs matter more than anything the Bible actually teaches.

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
People’s understanding, or perhaps disagreement over salvation. I dont see nowhere near as many “debates” over other topics like baby baptisms or gated communion tables.

so this brings up the question, why is it so hard to have one understanding as to how salvation actually works? I have to assume its because of ….

*drum roll*

THE REFORMERS!!!!!!

yes, the reformers. As most of yall know, i’m a huge fan of the Reformers, and puritans. Do i think we need another Jerusalem Conference moment?? It would help, but some people just arent going to change their minds no matter the proof.

If you all just listen to me and agree the problem will be solved :)

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
the issue is, if we as a small forum cant agree on salvation, how could we as a country or planet reach an agreement. I absolutely do believe what i say will save you. The reformers got it right. And they told us how to physically see if we are saved.
I’ve never said that salvation is works based. Works are a physical sign that you are saved. Am i better off now than say 5 yrs ago?? Yes, because i can see things that i used to do, gladly sinning that i no longer do today. But, i still do have a lot of things that need working out. And now you’ve brought up an issue that i think falls into the salvation part. Can we actually believe we are saved if we have an addiction?? A lot of different beliefs around here. It would be nice if we had a yes/ no answer.

Salvation IS SIMPLE....
* A man can RECEIVE Salvation NOW once and forever, through Conversion.
* Or a man can BELIEVE at the moment of his physical death, and RECEIVE Salvation THEN.

* There is NEVER Salvation GIVEN and then a man becomes UNSAVED.

michaelvpardo

Feb 26, 2011
East Stroudsburg, PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Do you love God?
That's pretty much the purpose of salvation. First to love God and second to love the brethren.
It may not be the reason we seek Him, but if the fear of God is the beginning of wisdom, what is wisdom's end (or purpose?)
What are the great commandments and why are they great?
What is the royal commandment?
Fear of judgment is a good start, but perfect love casts out fear.
So, do you love God?

Reactions: Lambano

Michiah-Imla

Oct 24, 2020
Northeast USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
People’s understanding, or perhaps disagreement over salvation.

God is not the author of confusion. So Satan sows confusion in a person only if that person fails to stand firmly on the word of God without an inch of doubt and who also obeys the word.

Salvation isn’t really the issue, all can understand how to be saved; it’s how to stay saved is where Satan, through the lust of the person’s flesh, confuses the man.

Sin is the Devil’s tool. Those who believe they can continue to sin in any measure and still be saved are deceived.

doxley

Jan 29, 2022
Yorkshire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom

*drum roll*

THE REFORMERS!!!!!!

My theory is, there was never meant to be an established organisation complete with a rule book. the break down of control over Christians started in the bible after Jesus rose. Jesus put the worship and obedience to God squarely onto each individual's shoulders. I'm not sure the details matter that much, only the condition of the heart and the faith in Jesus of the believer. We are to worship with 'spirit and truth'. With our own spirits and our own truths.