The 10th Commandment

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Joseph77

Apr 1, 2020
Tulsa, OK
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Only until we are crucified with Christ. Then we walk in resurrection life and power. That's the gospel.
I thought earlier post you posted the battle is all of our life.

Definitely the battle of spirit and flesh continues in believers only, until death.

In unbelievers, they are sons of disobedience - there is no battle at all - they serve the enemy fully, as do many in most churches.

DPMartin

Jan 30, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Old Testament righteousness dealt with behaviour...outward behaviour. A person could think evil thoughts and could covet all day long, but as long as he didn't act on his baser impulses he was seen as righteous. So a person could be righteous under the law and still be a sinner inwardly. As in...the outside of the vessel is clean, but the inside is corrupt.

no, wrong wrong wrong, who gave the Ten Commandments to Moses? therefore who's requirements are they?

the Lord God is the one who requires therefore the Lord God also sees. God is the witness that verifies, to Himself of that which meats His requirements expressed in His Word, therefore covenant. it stupid to think that the Lord never requires men to seek His approval.

Joseph77

Apr 1, 2020
Tulsa, OK
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The angels are capable of sex and marriage, but they do not engage in sex and marriage. The angels that did choose sex and marriage were expelled from Heaven;
They neither marry nor are given in marriage.
They never took human women as wives.
Those old heresies are popular today in some circles, started long ago by those who did not remain in Jesus.

Joseph77

Apr 1, 2020
Tulsa, OK
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Just as God Says, not as those opposed to His Word , contrary to Him say.
"They" are men , who took wives, as written - no contradiction.
Each created after its own kind.
Angels are not created as men, nor men as angels, and angels do not reproduce at all, and never possible as something else either.
Gen. 6:2 "and they took of them wives of all which they chose."

(as a heresy though, with other false teachings, that is popular one and widespread)

Joseph77

Apr 1, 2020
Tulsa, OK
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It was men, who took wives (got married/ lived with) and had children with women.
The later false stories, contrdicting Scripture / became tradition to use , for whatever purpose, and deceives many today.

In God's Whole Creation, "Reproducing after their own kind" eliminates the possibility totally of the fables/ myths being truth.

Other myths/ fables/ false teachings are also attributed to those same sources and to those who carry on the same false teachings today - it is not as if an isolated error, no.

Joseph77

Apr 1, 2020
Tulsa, OK
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
False .
See for reference "false knowledge" or is it "what is falsely called knowledge" (worldly opposed to God totally) , in Scripture.

I do not remember what book it is in.... (in the Bible)

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
You are very confident, Joseph. I recognize that my beliefs are always open to being in error. I am not God. In fact, as a human, I assume that anything I believe is most likely untrue in some manner. The scientific attitude requires that I be skeptical, and that I acknowledge that even scientific theories are most likely not completely true. As a believer, I hope I am humble enough to acknowledge that my understanding is limited. Nevertheless, DNA evidence is usually accurate.

I think the word presumptuous fits here. It is very unfortunate that puppet masters control the religious crowds with false assurances and assumptions that God loves rich Westerners unconditionally whereas people who are poor in other countries He gives over to judgment. When it is discovered that the very opposite is true and that rich Westerners will be judged very hard...there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth. Hopefully that will happen before there is no recourse to change the outcome.