The 70 Weeks Prophecy - The Ezra 6:14 Challenge

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Randy Kluth

Apr 27, 2020
Pacific NW
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I’ve never understood why people don’t count 70 weeks as 70 weeks, it makes a lot more sense that way.
Apocalyptic Prophecy is often a bit on the "symbolic" side. I think it's because prophecy is being given in a corrupt, pagan culture that will persecute the prophet if he is too explicit. Giving a completely literal, blatant time period is like warning Herod when and where the Messiah will be born. 70 Weeks is just off enough to speak to the initiated who speak Bibleese.

The Apostle John, in his apocalyptic work, referenced the Roman Empire using symbols, as well, to avoid being persecuted further by the Romans who held him captive. Rev 17 is very instructive in this regard. People versed in Bible Prophecy would understand the insinuation.

Randy Kluth

Apr 27, 2020
Pacific NW
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I didn't say that only I can solve it. Now you are misrepresenting my words. Anyone can see it. It's been there since the time of Jeremiah. It's just that no one spent the time to actually study it enough - or correctly. That is - Ezra did, the Magi did, most likely Anna and Simeon did. But the early church fathers had absolutely no clue.

And your middle paragraph is just about right on target.
Well, you must admit that you're giving us a bit of a contradiction here? You're saying at the same time that "anyone can see it" and No one actually studies it." So in effect, only you see it, but suggest it is so transparent or self-evident that all can see it, but won't?

This is not the same thing as Christ telling parables and expecting only his own to fully understand or accept them! You think Christians won't even study your so-called "revelation," and will invariably reject it?

EclipseEventSigns

Jul 19, 2023
north america
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Well, you must admit that you're giving us a bit of a contradiction here? You're saying at the same time that "anyone can see it" and No one actually studies it." So in effect, only you see it, but suggest it is so transparent or self-evident that all can see it, but won't?
It's like all self-evident truth. First it is mocked and ridiculed. Then it is questioned and studied. Finally, it is proclaimed as self-evident.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That is the Ezra 6:14 Challenge. Those who want to spend the time to search out the answer will be rewarded.

[Pro 25:2 LSB] 2 It is the glory of God to conceal a matter, But the glory of kings is to search out a matter.
OK, thanks anyway! I've been at this a long time, not to say I've learned everything, but I'm not interested in your riddles. Truth has a certain ring to it, or so it seems to me, and this chasing around doesn't sound like it.

Much love!

• Love
Reactions: Jay Ross

Randy Kluth

Apr 27, 2020
Pacific NW
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It's like all self-evident truth. First it is mocked and ridiculed. Then it is questioned and studied. Finally, it is proclaimed as self-evident.
I just added to my post that this is not like a parable of Jesus, expected to be rejected by unbelievers. You expect *believers* to reject your "revelation!"

Randy Kluth

Apr 27, 2020
Pacific NW
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I think you're exalting yourself over others, perhaps thinking you're smarter or more selected by God to receive divine revelation? Paul warned us about those who get puffed up on their own self-importance, wishing to draw men after themselves or their own teaching. It's an exercise in pride and arrogance, and I'm not interested in that. We either discuss things on a level playing field or not at all. You are not "special."

Reactions: marks

EclipseEventSigns

Jul 19, 2023
north america
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
OK, thanks anyway! I've been at this a long time, not to say I've learned everything, but I'm not interested in your riddles. Truth has a certain ring to it, or so it seems to me, and this chasing around doesn't sound like it.

Much love!
I hope you take the 4 hours or so to watch them and then you can prove me wrong all you want.

EclipseEventSigns

Jul 19, 2023
north america
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I think you're exalting yourself over others, perhaps thinking you're smarter or more selected by God to receive divine revelation? Paul warned us about those who get puffed up on their own self-importance, wishing to draw men after themselves or their own teaching. It's an exercise in pride and arrogance, and I'm not interested in that. We either discuss things on a level playing field or not at all. You are not "special."
Then watch the presentations for yourself instead of making assumptions. It's an invitation to really study and go deep. I'm not going to prove anything worthwhile on a forum post.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Apocalyptic Prophecy is often a bit on the "symbolic" side. I think it's because prophecy is being given in a corrupt, pagan culture that will persecute the prophet if he is too explicit. Giving a completely literal, blatant time period is like warning Herod when and where the Messiah will be born. 70 Weeks is just off enough to speak to the initiated who speak Bibleese.

The Apostle John, in his apocalyptic work, referenced the Roman Empire using symbols, as well, to avoid being persecuted further by the Romans who held him captive. Rev 17 is very instructive in this regard. People versed in Bible Prophecy would understand the insinuation.
I've heard that the Hebrews used "heptad" like we use "decade", so, 7 years.

Much love!

IndianaRob

Aug 7, 2023
Louisville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Thanks for the reply, it’s a fascinating passage to me. I like to participate in these discussions to hopefully understand it better.

I abandoned the “week of years” when it dawned on me that Jesus rose into Jerusalem on Palm Sunday and then was crucified exactly 7 days later. That along with exactly 7 weeks later was the day of Pentecost.

I’m not saying that’s how it should be read but I’m leaning that way right now.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I hope you take the 4 hours or so to watch them and then you can prove me wrong all you want.
No thank you. I'm interested in your bottom line, and then work from there. I understand you don't want to do that, so, have a blessed day!

Much love!

EclipseEventSigns

Jul 19, 2023
north america
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
No thank you. I'm interested in your bottom line, and then work from there. I understand you don't want to do that, so, have a blessed day!

Much love!
Yes, the "instant everything" generation wants all the answers NEEEEEEEOOOOOOOWWWWW. Like Veruca Salt. Many of the deeper truths of God are hard won.

Randy Kluth

Apr 27, 2020
Pacific NW
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Then watch the presentations for yourself instead of making assumptions. It's an invitation to really study and go deep. I'm not going to prove anything worthwhile on a forum post.
Your goal should be to post things that are "worthwhile" on a forum post! I've studied these things for decades--watching a few presentations that are advertised by someone I disagree with so much will certainly not change my mind, and in my opinion, should *not* change my mind!

Randy Kluth

Apr 27, 2020
Pacific NW
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thanks for the reply, it’s a fascinating passage to me. I like to participate in these discussions to hopefully understand it better.

I abandoned the “week of years” when it dawned on me that Jesus rose into Jerusalem on Palm Sunday and then was crucified exactly 7 days later. That along with exactly 7 weeks later was the day of Pentecost.

I’m not saying that’s how it should be read but I’m leaning that way right now.
That's okay. We're here to share our ideas.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes, the "instant everything" generation wants all the answers NEEEEEEEOOOOOOOWWWWW. Like Veruca Salt. Many of the deeper truths of God are hard won.
Frame it however you want. You've been demonstrating your low opinion of others, so more of the same won't surprise me. You are only confirming to me this is not a serious discussion. That's too bad.

Much love!

EclipseEventSigns

Jul 19, 2023
north america
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Your goal should be to post things that are "worthwhile" on a forum post! I've studied these things for decades--watching a few presentations that are advertised by someone I disagree with so much will certainly not change my mind, and in my opinion, should *not* change my mind!
Who is the one with a closed mind then? Certainly not me. The Ezra 6:14 Challenge exists for you to prove the validity of your view and how it stands up to all of Scripture. If you don't want to or can't spend the time to do that, then really how valid is your view? If you've spent so much time coming to your conclusions and believe in them, then why should you be so scared about viewing a competing view that you are convinced is wrong? Makes me wonder how you've ever learned anything new.

EclipseEventSigns

Jul 19, 2023
north america
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Frame it however you want. You've been demonstrating your low opinion of others, so more of the same won't surprise me. You are only confirming to me this is not a serious discussion. That's too bad.

Much love!
Name calling and mocking is par for the course. It always devolves to this from people who are threatened in their views.

I choose how to present this information. I've spent hundreds of hours researching. More hundreds in writing my book. More hundreds in planning presentations. I choose to have people consume it this way in the way it's best presented. Just because you want the "bottom line" doesn't mean that's the best way to understand it properly. I know it isn't. It just gives many excuses to immediately dismiss it without truly understanding it. Sorry if it that doesn't satisfy your instant gratification.

Last edited:

IndianaRob

Aug 7, 2023
Louisville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Is there anyone here that believes the 70 weeks have already been fulfilled I.e. there is no 2000 year gap between the 69th and 70th week?