The Agapo Love or Phileo Love?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Nov 8, 2007
Some of us on this Board, I'M NOT CALLING ANYONE OUT, say that We have Love for people. Is that Agape(ETERNAL LOVE) or Phileo(Brotherly Love). Honestly, if we are to say we are the Bride of Christ, yet despise each other then we don't have the Love of Christ is us. I'm just saying that we all need to think how we call each other out, even though one may teach a misguided doctrine. I love you Brothers and Sisters on this Board, and I hope those truly sincere can fellowship with me One day. It's sad how dogma and doctrine divide us, when CHRIST is supposed to Bring us Together. This isn't directed to anyone, but remember ABCs for then Algebra. ABC=Always Believe Christ.I Love you All, Your Brother in ChristSolomon

Apple of His Eye

Mar 8, 2008
I think your question about the different kinds of love are strange, since truly having either Phileo or Agape for each other should dispel any hint that we despise each other. But I agree with your point. I am new here and have been reading over some threads and already see contention and division in this board. Its not surprising really... there are divisions and fightings among the churches we fellowship in every Sunday, so how much more will there be sharp words and unloving behavior among internet fellowships with ppl we don't know personally or ever come face-to-face with? This type of thing is a perversion that has been with the Church since the days of Paul, and personally I feel it is Satan's greatest "tee hee hee" in the Body of Christ. I find it amazing that in just about every epistle the writer takes a moment to command the churches to "be of one mind, one spirit, forsake not the assembly, love one another, walk in one accord", and yet we as the church seem to take extra precautions to make sure that those verses never become a reality. Jesus Christ taught us the power of unity ("when two or three are gathered in My name...") and even made it a point to ask the Father that we would all be one as He and Him were one. It is any wonder why we face such spiritual oppoistion when it comes to unity? I honestly believe that the biggest problem among the Body at this point is not simply false doctrine. Our Lord promised that the wheats and the tares would be seperated in due time. The Family of God's problem is that, thousands of years down the line, we still have not come to terms with the fact that we need each other.

Thunder1

Dec 12, 2007
Only God has agape love. Our goal should be to love everybody, but I have to say I fall short on that many times, I try to love all people,but I always come to notice how I fail... but then grace of God towards me makes me want to forgive others and go on. God's love is perfect, mine is not.

Nov 8, 2007
Only God can have Agape Love, look at Jesus. But we took can have it. Only God can give it. I can give you an example of Agape Love. I God this from a Sermon from a Man Named William Branham. He told his wife one day, if a Prostitute put her hands on me and said Brother Branham I Love you, what would you think? His wife said she wouldn't like it. Now he asked her Wife, if you saw her Put her arms around Jesus telling him she Loved him what would she think then. She said that she would Love It. That's Agapo, or Agape Love.