The Devil causes us (the brethren) to fight! Can we catch him, in the act? (powerfully?)

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Gottservant

Oct 19, 2022
Greensborough
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Hi there,

So this is not about casting the Devil out of our fellow brothers. This is about just acknowledging that we are tempted, to vilify and provoke and distrust our brothers. It hurts us, our conscience, but we still do it - and its time we called the Devil out on it!

I say with boldness "Devil, you are not to divide the brethren against each other, your place is in Hell, in the faith of the Lord, we rebuke you and cast you out! In Jesus' Name Amen"

Let us develop the gifts of the Holy Spirit, as our fathers did, and more than that, as our Heavenly father did in times past - He is more than willing to give us gifts, that the Devil can never take away!

So let us reconcile to one another, and find peace in Love, which is the end of every good thing, whether in the Bible or apart.

I hope you are encouraged to defend you brothers more sincerely, on the basis of the faith here.

God bless.

Bob Estey

Aug 18, 2021
Sparks, Nevada
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hi there,

So this is not about casting the Devil out of our fellow brothers. This is about just acknowledging that we are tempted, to vilify and provoke and distrust our brothers. It hurts us, our conscience, but we still do it - and its time we called the Devil out on it!

I say with boldness "Devil, you are not to divide the brethren against each other, your place is in Hell, in the faith of the Lord, we rebuke you and cast you out! In Jesus' Name Amen"

Let us develop the gifts of the Holy Spirit, as our fathers did, and more than that, as our Heavenly father did in times past - He is more than willing to give us gifts, that the Devil can never take away!

So let us reconcile to one another, and find peace in Love, which is the end of every good thing, whether in the Bible or apart.

I hope you are encouraged to defend you brothers more sincerely, on the basis of the faith here.

God bless.
I believe Satan was "caught in the act" when he had an innocent man, Jesus Christ, killed. And so it is, we are saved from our sins.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
“What is the source of quarrels and conflicts among you? Is the source not your pleasures that wage war in your body’s parts? You lust and do not have, so you commit murder. And you are envious and cannot obtain, so you fight and quarrel. You do not have because you do not ask. You ask and do not receive, because you ask with the wrong motives, so that you may spend what you request on your pleasures. You adulteresses, do you not know that friendship with the world is hostility toward God? Therefore whoever wants to be a friend of the world makes himself an enemy of God. Or do you think that the Scripture says to no purpose, “He jealously desires the Spirit whom He has made to dwell in us”? But He gives a greater grace. Therefore it says, “God is opposed to the proud, but gives grace to the humble.” Submit therefore to God. But resist the devil, and he will flee from you. Come close to God and He will come close to you. Cleanse your hands, you sinners; and purify your hearts, you double-minded. Be miserable, and mourn, and weep; let your laughter be turned into mourning, and your joy into gloom. Humble yourselves in the presence of the Lord, and He will exalt you.”
‭‭James‬ ‭4‬:‭1‬-‭10‬ ‭NASB2020‬‬

Reactions: Gottservant