The Age of God’s Grace

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

RichardBurger

Jan 23, 2008
Southeast USA
The WE is Christians.
I get the impression of some who call them self christian and then run around saying, don't be bothered with anything as someone did it all for you, so just carry on being a moron it's ok. i think people who push that line are the ones who say lord lord and the Lord never knew them because how could they.
And i am of the thinking you are just an religious like the Pharisees etc and i find it hard to see anything to do with you (being in Christ) them idiots read a book but could not come to Christ because they were so wrapped up in nonsense. and i say that in a nice way not to offend you personally but i do think you are off with the pixies.

You obviously do not know your Bible verses

1 Corinthians 1:1-3
1 Paul, called to be an apostle of Jesus Christ through the will of God, and Sosthenes our brother,
2 To the church of God which is at Corinth, to those who are sanctified in Christ Jesus, called to be saints, with all who in every place call on the name of Jesus Christ our Lord, both theirs and ours:
3 Grace to you and peace from God our Father and the Lord Jesus Christ.
NKJV

lawrance

Mar 30, 2011
Anyone here say those things?

Why not answer the question instead of just repeating your last post?

Look at it this way i have come across people who do say those things and i see in them the Pharisees religious works and i thinking is he on the same trip.

And as to the question some do think we as people are all totally corrupt and it is not so.

Even the Satan was made good by God but Satan made his own choice from his free will.

Christ brings us to him self and we can be in him and with him and that is called grace. and there is no other grace as this is the foundation.

jiggyfly

Nov 27, 2009
North Carolina
Look at it this way i have come across people who do say those things and i see in them the Pharisees religious works and i thinking is he on the same trip.

I have not read every post here but of those that I have read, I have never seen anyone saying "don't be bothered with anything as someone did it all for you, so just carry on being a moron it's ok." and I have read Richard's posts and never understood him to indicate this, so please find the posts where this is said or implied and report it so we can deal with said individual(s) propeIy.

I have however observed some here behaving as morons by slinging insults and such.

And as to the question some do think we as people are all totally corrupt and it is not so.

Even the Satan was made good by God but Satan made his own choice from his free will.

Christ brings us to him self and we can be in him and with him and that is called grace. and there is no other grace as this is the foundation.

18 “Why do you call me good?” Jesus asked. “Only God is truly good.
Mark 10:18 (NLT)

lawrance

Mar 30, 2011
You obviously do not know your Bible verses

1 Corinthians 1:1-3
1 Paul, called to be an apostle of Jesus Christ through the will of God, and Sosthenes our brother,
2 To the church of God which is at Corinth, to those who are sanctified in Christ Jesus, called to be saints, with all who in every place call on the name of Jesus Christ our Lord, both theirs and ours:
3 Grace to you and peace from God our Father and the Lord Jesus Christ.
NKJV
Look into the word Sanctified and it says 'those who are' ?
And also look into the words 'Called to be saints.' we are all called but not all are even if christian.
And the next it's saying is 'with' all, and they are all Saints ?

18 “Why do you call me good?” Jesus asked. “Only God is truly good.
Mark 10:18 (NLT)
Yes that is right.
And all Christians are still sinners but by they having grown in grace of our Lord and Saviour, and with that they have strength and are not lost.

RichardBurger

Jan 23, 2008
Southeast USA
So your not speaking of all of mankind but rather just those who believe in Christ, correct?

According to Jesus, He is THE DOOR. There is no way to enter heaven except through the door that God has provided; Jesus Christ.

Only those that place their belief, faith, trust, and confidence in Jesus' shed blood on the cross will enter into heaven. Faith + nothing.

It is only after salvation that God works through His children and that work is to preach the gospel that Jesus gave to Paul. The children of God are to be fruitful and being fruitful is to help add more children. A person, trying to be sinless by works will not add any children. He/She will only add the religious self-righteous to religion.

jiggyfly

Nov 27, 2009
North Carolina
According to Jesus, He is THE DOOR. There is no way to enter heaven except through the door that God has provided; Jesus Christ.

Only those that place their belief, faith, trust, and confidence in Jesus' shed blood on the cross will enter into heaven. Faith + nothing.

It is only after salvation that God works through His children and that work is to preach the gospel that Jesus gave to Paul. The children of God are to be fruitful and being fruitful is to help add more children. A person, trying to be sinless by works will not add any children. He/She will only add the religious self-righteous to religion.

I know pretty much what you believe Richard, my post was to MR R because I am trying to clarify what he believes so I won't misunderstand his posts.

Prentis

May 25, 2011
Montreal, Qc
Jesus is the door, but he's also the way...

We must enter by the door and continue on the way which leads to the New Jerusalem... Otherwise we have entered into life, but we are a shame, unclothed, and only good to be tied hand and foot and thrown into outer darkness.

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada

All religions recruit more people to their "plan".

But how many religions transform people into a new creation in Christ?

So rather than a new religion with more promises of a future happiness, the truth in Christ is a transformed life through the power of the Spirit. Paul preached a gospel in power and of power. The resurrection of Jesus Christ is not just a historical event that we have mental knowledge of....rather it is the power that we receive through grace to overcome this world. We are resurrected in Christ to live in His presence...right now! No religion on earth offers the power of a new life right now!!!!

All religions (Christianity is a relationship NOT a religion) offer a reward for something we do IN OUR OWN STRENGTH.

Christianity is according to the strength of GOD in Christ by the Holy Spirit. No one can chase away demons in their own strength. No one can overcome sin in their own strength. The battle is the Lord's and He fights in us and among us.

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
To equate fruit with numbers is to fall into the temporal understanding of growth through numbers.

Rather we grow through love and the depth of love. That is the fruit.

Otherwise Islam is bearing more fruit than Christianity.

RichardBurger

Jan 23, 2008
Southeast USA
To equate fruit with numbers is to fall into the temporal understanding of growth through numbers.

I have equated fruit with working for God to help others to see salvation under the grace of God. What fruit are you working for?

Rather we grow through love and the depth of love. That is the fruit.

So you don't produce any fruit that benifits anothers salvation. How can you love another and then let them go to hell without trying to get them to trust in God.

Otherwise Islam is bearing more fruit than Christianity.

All of man's religions bear more fruit than the children of God but we are talking apples and oranges. I said that religions are all about what man does for the god in their imagination. True Christianity is all about what God has done for mankind. --- therefore, what do you preach? Is it all about what man does or about what God has done?

Who saves a person, man or God. I think people ought to take seriously what God said to Peter in the vision, what God has called clean let no man call unclean. Salvation is not the work of Man. It can only be accomplished by the Holy Spirit (God). All man can do is plant the seed.

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I have equated fruit with working for God to help others to see salvation under the grace of God. What fruit are you working for?

The fruit of the Spirit and the godly character of Christ

So you don't produce any fruit that benifits anothers salvation. How can you love another and then let them go to hell without trying to get them to trust in God.

We lead them TO Christ.

All of man's religions bear more fruit than the children of God but we are talking apples and oranges. I said that religions are all about what man does for the god in their imagination. True Christianity is all about what God has done for mankind. --- therefore, what do you preach? Is it all about what man does or about what God has done?

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada

Christianity is not just what God has done FOR man, but what God is DOING IN man.

RichardBurger

Jan 23, 2008
Southeast USA
Richard old: So you don't produce any fruit that benifits anothers salvation. How can you love another and then let them go to hell without trying to get them to trust in God.

We lead them TO Christ.

How, by telling them they can be as sinless and perfect as you? By the way just how sinless would that be?

And when they look into their heart and see that the same old evil thoughts pass through their minds won't they think they just can't be a Christian. And if that happens aren't you shutting the door to heaven for them?

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
How, by telling them they can be as sinless and perfect as you? By the way just how sinless would that be?

And when they look into their heart and see that the same old evil thoughts pass through their minds won't they think they just can't be a Christian. And if that happens aren't you shutting the door to heaven for them?

We abide in the perfect one Jesus Christ. Of ourselves we can do nothing. As Jesus said to abide in Him as of ourselves we can do nothing. So we don't just give up and live like other men while seeming to proclaim the gospel. No, rather seek to have men abide in Christ who becomes our sufficiency in all things. It remains whether one actually has the faith to enter into Christ. Or do we settle on a human acceptance of the benefits of the abiding without the actual reality and power of that abiding.

On the second question...I agree with you!!

We point the way in Christ...but many don't know how to escape their old lives. In the Community of faith they are then discipled step by step into a proper appreciation of the calling in Christ as well as the things that hinder a full commitment to the Lord.

How honest is the new believer? Is he ready to confess his sins? Is he ready to trust in Christ to deliver him from his bondage to sin.

So we nurture faith...and a gradual growth INTO Christ.

We do not reduce the calling in Christ to what men can already do and what they can already handle. To do that is to throw out faith and the power of the cross to crucify all our desires in this world. We certainly don't want to be enemies of the cross. But instead we trust in the power of the gospel to deliver us from sin...When we do this...God DOES IT. As Paul said...

Who shall deliver me? Thank God for Jesus Christ!!! :)

Reactions: Prentis

lawrance

Mar 30, 2011
So your not speaking of all of mankind but rather just those who believe in Christ, correct?
Yes and all Christians can grow in Christ and they should be encouraged so, not just to rot on the vine say.
We should put on all the armour of God eph 6.

jiggyfly

Nov 27, 2009
North Carolina
Yes and all Christians can grow in Christ and they should be encouraged so, not just to rot on the vine say.
We should put on all the armour of God eph 6.

OK thanks for clarifying, I agree, but we do not make ourselves grow in Christ, that is the work of Father via HolySpirit. The works of righteousness by self is still simply self-righteousness and it's like a soured kitchen wash cloth, it stinks and it causes everything it touches to stink too.

We should encourage each other to yield and be led by HolySpirit because I believe the fiery trials here are no where near as fierce as those endured after this life by those who have resisted HolySpirit's work in their heart.

Christianity is not just what God has done FOR man, but what God is DOING IN man.

Exactly, unfortunately many have been deceived by religion and think it is what man can do and build for God.

What God has done by the work of His Son, the Christ, at the cross through the shedding of His own blood, reconciling all things to Himself caused Father to be at peace with everything in heaven and earth (all creation). God is at peace with us, but it is us who are not at peace with God, we struggle and resist with the truth of what has already been done. It is by the blood of Christ that we are justified and made to be righteous, holy and faultless, but we still struggle thinking there has to be something good that we can do of ourselves that will be acceptable. But self is not invited to the party, it is not welcome and has no place in God's kingdom. Self must be denied through the work of Holyspirit within us till we are dead to self and Christ now lives fully in and through us in this age, the age of ekklesia. God will deal differently with those who are still found resisting in the ages to come. :)

lawrance

Mar 30, 2011
Jiggyfly, that is right we don't make ourselves grow at all, we can't do that, no not at all. as you say that is only the work of the Father and the Spirit working in us is the only thing. as we do not accept any reward our self's. because it is not from us.

Reactions: veteran