The Amazing Ship which Noah Built

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Phoneman777

Jan 14, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
He is. Very definitely. Ever since he joined he has attacked the KJV for its so-called "Catholic errors" and praised the NIV to high heaven.
LOL - does he not know that the KJV is based on the Textus Receptus, the Protestant Reformation MSS which was BANNED by the papacy? LOL

Reactions: Enoch111

CoreIssue

Oct 15, 2018
USA
christiantalkzone.net
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Perhaps, but it is also a very specific mountain called Agri Dagh in Turkey.

Genesis states the region.

As I already said, I saw you on documentary on this was a lot of one side video before the area was closed off.

Some very compelling evidence was provided. The evidence but not proof.

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Seems that what Peter means is that what water baptism represents is what saves us: we stop breathing (death), get plunged underwater (burial), and then come forth out of the water in newness of life (born again) which is all by faith and faith alone.

How did the water save? The water saved Noah and his family by destroying the world. It cleansed them from the foul affects of the world. The like figure which water baptism saves us.

Note a similar parallel with Israel. (1Cor. 10:2) Concerning water baptism, Israel was water baptized as she went dry shod through the Red Sea. And what did the waters of that baptism do? Destroyed Pharaoh's army.

Stranger

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The boat could not have survived a world wide flood for so many reasons......it is like defending Aladdin’s magic carpet

More unbelief and lies.

The flood and everything surrounding it was from God. Everything was miraculous concerning the amount of water, the ark that Noah built, the animals that were brought to Noah, the door that God closed, the depths of the flood, etc. etc.

Stranger

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
How did the water save?
Stranger

Water didn't save them.
Being lifted up above the earth saved them.

Gen 6
[13] And God said unto Noah, The end of all flesh is come before me; for the earth is filled with violence through them; and, behold,
I will destroy them with the earth.

Gen 7
[17] And the flood was forty days upon the earth; and the waters increased, and bare up the ark, and it was lift up above the earth.

Glory to God,
Taken

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Not saved by water(death), but from water(death).

The water saved no one. It cleansed the earth. Just as fire will at the end of time.

(1Peter 3:20) "...that is, eight souls were saved by water."

Stranger

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Water didn't save them.
Being lifted up above the earth saved them.

Gen 6
[13] And God said unto Noah, The end of all flesh is come before me; for the earth is filled with violence through them; and, behold,
I will destroy them with the earth.

Gen 7
[17] And the flood was forty days upon the earth; and the waters increased, and bare up the ark, and it was lift up above the earth.

Glory to God,
Taken

(1 Peter 3:20) says differently.

And the verses you cite do not say otherwise. The waters did destroy the world. The waters did bare up the ark. In other words the waters saved the family of Noah.

Stranger

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
(1 Peter 3:20) says differently.

And the verses you cite do not say otherwise. The waters did destroy the world. The waters did bare up the ark. In other words the waters saved the family of Noah.

Stranger

Saved "through" water...1 Pet 3:20

I believe, the Lifting Up, above the earth, is valid.

Gods Glory is above the earth.
Lifting UP above the earth;
Happened to Noah,
Happens to Saved souls of the deceased,
Shall happen to Saved souls & bodies of the faithful.

Glory to God,
Taken

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Saved "through" water...1 Pet 3:20

I believe, the Lifting Up, above the earth, is valid.

Gods Glory is above the earth.
Lifting UP above the earth;
Happened to Noah,
Happens to Saved souls of the deceased,
Shall happen to Saved souls & bodies of the faithful.

Glory to God,
Taken

But they didn't go through the water. They were on top of the water. Your Bible has changed the words. Bad move.

As I said, yes, the water destroyed the world and lifted them above the earth. That is how the water saved them. It is really pretty straight forward.

Stranger

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If Noah had lived in the United States in the year 2000 the story may have gone something like this:

And the Lord spoke to Noah and said, In one year I am going to make it rain and cover the whole earth with water until all flesh is destroyed.

But I want you to save the righteous people and two of every kind of living thing on earth. Therefore, I am commanding you to build an Ark.

In a flash of lighting, God delivered the specifications for an Ark.

In fear and trembling, Noah took the plans and agreed to build the Ark.

“Remember,” said the Lord, “you must complete the ARK and bring everything aboard in one year.”

Exactly one year later, fierce storm clouds covered the earth and all the seas of the earth went into a tumult. The Lord saw that Noah was sitting in his front yard weeping.

“Noah!” He shouted, “Where is the Ark?”

“Lord, please forgive me,” cried Noah. “I did my best, but there were big problems.”

First, I had to get a permit for construction, and your plans did not meet the building codes. I had to hire an engineering firm and redraw the plans.

Then I got into a fight with OSHA over whether or not the Ark needed a sprinkler system and approved floatation devices.

Then, my neighbor objected, claiming I was violating zoning ordinances by building the Ark in my front yard, so I had to get a variance from the city planning commission.

Then, I had problems getting enough wood for the Ark, because there was a ban on cutting trees to protect the Spotted Owl.

I finally convinced the US Forest Services that I really needed the wood to save the owls.

However, the Fish and Wildlife Service won’t let me take the 2 owls.

The carpenters formed a union and went on strike. I had to negotiate a settlement with the National Labor Relations Board before anyone would pick up a saw or hammer. Now I have 16 carpenters on the Ark, but still no owls.

When I started rounding up the other animals, an animal rights group sued me. They objected to me taking only two of each kind aboard. This suit is pending.

Meanwhile, the EPA notified me that I could not complete the Ark without filing an environmental impact statement on your proposed flood. They didn’t take very kindly to the idea that they had no jurisdiction over the conduct of the Creator of the Universe.

Then, the Army Corps of Engineers demanded a map of the proposed flood plan. I sent them a globe.

Right now, I am trying to resolve a complaint filed with the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission that I am practicing discrimination by not taking atheists aboard.

The IRS has seized my assets, claiming that I’m building the Ark in preparation to flee the country to avoid paying taxes.

I just got a notice from the state that I owe them some kind of user tax and failed to register the Ark as a ‘recreational water craft.’

And finally ... the ACLU got the courts to issue an injunction against further construction of the ARK, saying that since God is flooding the earth, it’s a religious event, and therefore unconstitutional.

I really don’t think I can finish the Ark for another five or six years.

Noah waited.

God Speaks
The sky began to clear, the sun began to shine, and the seas began to calm.

A rainbow arced across the sky.

Noah looked up hopefully.

“You mean you’re not going to destroy the earth, Lord?”

No, “He said.I don’t have to. The government already has.”
(Atimetolaugh)

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
But they didn't go through the water. They were on top of the water. Your Bible has changed the words. Bad move.

I have no qualms about my Bible.
God Saves, Period.

As I said, yes, the water destroyed the world and lifted them above the earth. That is how the water saved them. It is really pretty straight forward.

God created the earth.
God destroys the earth.
God Saves men.
God is not water.

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have no qualms about my Bible.
God Saves, Period.

God created the earth.
God destroys the earth.
God Saves men.
God is not water.

Nobody is saying God does not save. Nobody is saying God is water. That has absolutely nothing to do with what is being said.

God destroyed the earth by water. He saved Noah by water.

Stranger

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Nobody is saying God does not save. Nobody is saying God is water. That has absolutely nothing to do with what is being said.

God destroyed the earth by water. He saved Noah by water.

Stranger

Noah was in the ark, lifted above the face of the earth.

:)

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Noah was in the ark, lifted above the face of the earth.

:)

Noah being saved from the water is not the point in (1Pet. 3:20) If that was the point, there would be no reason to mention the 'water' at all in (20). God could have easily said, "eight souls saved by the Ark".

That is what you and others want to say. But that is not what this verse is saying. The Ark did indeed save Noah...from the water. But in verse (20) the subject is Noah being saved by the water.

Stranger

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Noah being saved from the water is not the point in (1Pet. 3:20) If that was the point, there would be no reason to mention the 'water' at all in (20). God could have easily said, "eight souls saved by the Ark".

That is what you and others want to say. But that is not what this verse is saying. The Ark did indeed save Noah...from the water. But in verse (20) the subject is Noah being saved by the water.

Stranger
Water and fire are his cleaning agents. Only being in Christ saves

B

brakelite

bible-evidences-chinese-language-characters-words-noah-flood-genesis-6-14-18-chuan-vessel-ship-boat-eight-people.jpg

Reactions: Enoch111