The answer of hell and its origins

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Dropship

Jun 2, 2022
Plymouth UK
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
..in the age to come (eternity), the spirits of previously deceased Christians and non-Christians will be reunited with their physical bodies..

If that's true, will we get brandnew new youngish bodies or our same old clapped-out ones?

Dropship

Jun 2, 2022
Plymouth UK
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Explain how a soul burns?
Is it a special type of fire?
Where in the Bible are we shown this fire?

I'm flattered that you think I know all the answers but your best bet would be to pick up your bible because it can answer you much better than me..:)

Reactions: face2face

face2face

Jun 22, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Hell is NOT a place of eternal torment , our God is the consuming fire

Hebrews 12:29 "For our God is a consuming fire."

I can't comprehend how ANY Christian would believe that our Father would torture His kids forever and I really don't give a dang what they did .

Those who don't love God will just simply cease to be
Now we're talking - love this!
Most Christians have no idea of Who God actually is!
Great verse and in context.
F2F

Last edited:

Prim

Sep 13, 2022
Brisbane
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
That would be correct .
I guess much emphasis is placed on the word beguiled from Eves confession. Be that with the seduction of her mind which could also have led to physical seduction as well. The word Beguile or Beguiled be so explicit and expressive in a number of ways.

BeyondET

Jul 9, 2022
Hampton Roads
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Explain how a soul burns?
Is it a special type of fire?
Where in the Bible are we shown this fire?
Interesting question, it seems in revelations there is a mentioning that it burns with brimstone which is chemical sulfur. It's inflammable which can burst into fire without ignition.

face2face

Jun 22, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Interesting question, it seems in revelations there is a mentioning that it burns with brimstone which is chemical sulfur. It's inflammable which can burst into fire without ignition.
And Daniels friends untouched by the fire and they were human still...seems it's one of those anomalies the doctrine of souls tortured for eternity throws up. The Bible is silent on such things because how can it speak to something which is false?

face2face

Jun 22, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
The more questions you ask of a false doctrine the more false it becomes.

n2thelight

Dec 24, 2006
Atlanta,Ga
I guess much emphasis is placed on the word beguiled from Eves confession. Be that with the seduction of her mind which could also have led to physical seduction as well. The word Beguile or Beguiled be so explicit and expressive in a number of ways.

I also look at it from a Genesis 6 prospective as well , and then I ask myself why, and the answer to that is ,he was trying to destroy the line in which Christ would be born .

BeyondET

Jul 9, 2022
Hampton Roads
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And Daniels friends untouched by the fire and they were human still...seems it's one of those anomalies the doctrine of souls tortured for eternity throws up. The Bible is silent on such things because how can it speak to something which is false?
There's quite a bit of verses in the new and old text. brimstone seems to be used alot don't know quite what to make of it.

Revelations 14:10
The same shall drink of the wine of the wrath of God, which is poured out without mixture into the cup of his indignation; and he shall be tormented with fire and brimstone in the presence of the holy angels, and in the presence of the Lamb:

Revelations 19:20
And the beast was taken, and with him the false prophet that wrought miracles before him, with which he deceived them that had received the mark of the beast, and them that worshipped his image. These both were cast alive into a lake of fire burning with brimstone.

Revelations 20:10
And the devil that deceived them was cast into the lake of fire and brimstone, where the beast and the false prophet, and shall be tormented day and night for ever and ever.

Revelations 21:8
But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death.

Dropship

Jun 2, 2022
Plymouth UK
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
..will we get brandnew new youngish bodies or our same old clapped-out ones?
New and improved!

Whatever floats yer boat mate, but I think I'd like to have a purely spiritual body rather than another boring squishy fleshy body..:)
"..flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God" (1 Corinthians 15:42-50)

We can regard the transition from flesh to spirit as the final stage in human spiritual evolution, it's a theme covered in sci-fi such as this "Transfigurations" episode of TNG-

ST-TNG-Transfigurations.jpg

face2face

Jun 22, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
We already have a body , it's inside of the flesh ,Paul tells us that clear as day
Our bodies will be changed - Paul uses the term "put on" immortality. Flesh and blood becomes flesh and spirit though I believe we will be like the angels being able to show a physical body even though we are spirit beings. I'm still not 100% sure what divine nature looks like to be honest.

face2face

Jun 22, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
There's quite a bit of verses in the new and old text. brimstone seems to be used alot don't know quite what to make of it.

Revelations 14:10
The same shall drink of the wine of the wrath of God, which is poured out without mixture into the cup of his indignation; and he shall be tormented with fire and brimstone in the presence of the holy angels, and in the presence of the Lamb:

Revelations 19:20
And the beast was taken, and with him the false prophet that wrought miracles before him, with which he deceived them that had received the mark of the beast, and them that worshipped his image. These both were cast alive into a lake of fire burning with brimstone.

Revelations 20:10
And the devil that deceived them was cast into the lake of fire and brimstone, where the beast and the false prophet, and shall be tormented day and night for ever and ever.

Revelations 21:8
But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death.

I believe the symbol of brimstone in the Revelation is speaking to judgement and war. In Revelation 11:8 Rome is likened to Sodom.

Prim

Sep 13, 2022
Brisbane
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I also look at it from a Genesis 6 prospective as well , and then I ask myself why, and the answer to that is ,he was trying to destroy the line in which Christ would be born .
The old world of 1650 years prior to the flood could have harboured anywhere up to 1-40 billion people especially when taking into consideration their longitivtiy of life in being able to live up to a thousand years. One third of the angels were cast of heaven in the first rebellion the number we not know. How many of them from that number participated in sexual union with the daughters of men we not fully know either. Your line of thought being that the angels attempted to contaminate the human race and destroy the future bloodline of the Saviour. It’s a reasonable assessment. Though the angelic activity must have be on a much massive scale to do so. Adam did forfeit his dominion of the planet to Lucifer and maybe that gave the angels the power to do so but certainly not the right. For God did punish them ever so severely later. Did the daughters or men give themselves over willingly or were they raped as mentioned in the many ancient legends of the gods we can only wonder. All we do know is that there was much violence upon the whole of the old world. But we have inherited much violence into the New World as well. So it certainly seems that the destruction of the old world was due to something more directly that angels and humanity seem to have participated in.

Last edited:

Prim

Sep 13, 2022
Brisbane
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Whatever floats yer boat mate, but I think I'd like to have a purely spiritual body rather than another boring squishy fleshy body..:)
"..flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God" (1 Corinthians 15:42-50)

We can regard the transition from flesh to spirit as the final stage in human spiritual evolution, it's a theme covered in sci-fi such as this "Transfigurations" episode of TNG-

View attachment 26061
What a horrible heavenly transition. I think I’ll remain a mermaid 6C373E3F-F1B3-44A8-97E2-D06989E16C80.jpeg

Reactions: Dropship