The answer of Moses & Elijah...

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
www.CheeseburgersWithGod.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So...(rhetorical question)...Did Elijah show up at the transfiguration?

Second (rhetorical) question: What was that to be a sign of??

Third (rhetorical) question: Why would anyone still be waiting for him to show up???​
1st Elijah was raised to strengthen Christ so yes!
2nd Elijah will led the second exodus of Israel through the wilderness of the peoples - refine, purge and deliver!
3rd God has promised it! - whether you are looking or not, changes nothing concerning what He will do in the earth.
No, but rather:
  1. Elijah did show up according to prophecy--twice. Once in the transfiguration, but also in spirit by John the Baptist. Twice.
  2. His coming was a sign of the coming of Christ.
  3. If Elijah has come twice (--and He did, twice--past tense)...it is because Jesus comes twice.
Twice...and it has been there all along.

Earburner

Feb 2, 2019
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The significance of Moses and Elijah has already been proven from the record. It you want to believe they were angels that's fine by me...the exodus theme is to compelling for me to consider otherwise.
Because we have visible references of famous people who lived 500 years ago, maybe you know
Who this guy is:
upload_2022-9-4_17-21-16.png

However, because of the 2nd Commandment, the disciples had no "images", nor a "website" to compare to, of what they thought they saw during the Transfiguration of Jesus.

face2face

Jun 22, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
No, but rather:
  1. Elijah did show up according to prophecy--twice. Once in the transfiguration, but also in spirit by John the Baptist. Twice.
  2. His coming was a sign of the coming of Christ.
  3. If Elijah has come twice (--and He did, twice--past tense)...it is because Jesus comes twice.
Twice...and it has been there all along.

1. Once at the transfiguration only - John came in the Spirit (purpose) of Elijah (no magic here Scott!)
2. True of both John the Baptist and Elijah (future)
3. True, first advent and his second advent (yet to occur)

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
1. Once at the transfiguration only - John came in the Spirit (purpose) of Elijah (no magic here Scott!)
2. True of both John the Baptist and Elijah (future)
3. True, first advent and his second advent (yet to occur)
Jesus said it of John, and yes, His words are spirit.

Question is...why don't you and many count and receive what Jesus said?

Last edited:

face2face

Jun 22, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Jesus said it of John, and yes, His words are spirit.

Question is...why don't you and many not count/receive what Jesus said?

Yes, I am wondering the same of you.

1:19 Now this was John’s testimony when the Jewish leaders sent priests and Levites from Jerusalem to ask him, “Who are you?” 1:20 •He confessed—he did not deny but confessed•—“I am not the Christ!” 1:21 So they asked him, “Then who are you? Are you Elijah?” •He said, “I am not!” “Are you the Prophet?” He answered, “No!

I think its because you are unable to interpret both the prophecy and the revealing of that prophecy.

Here is an example "I just replied to your thread in the spirit of Scott"

It's clear for all to see the work of John was "like" Elijah's work but not actually Elijahs work...John turned many hearts whereas Elijah will "restore all things.

You need to read more carefully Scott, we have been here before you will recall!

F2F

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes, I am wondering the same of you.

1:19 Now this was John’s testimony when the Jewish leaders sent priests and Levites from Jerusalem to ask him, “Who are you?” 1:20 •He confessed—he did not deny but confessed•—“I am not the Christ!” 1:21 So they asked him, “Then who are you? Are you Elijah?” •He said, “I am not!” “Are you the Prophet?” He answered, “No!

I think its because you are unable to interpret both the prophecy and the revealing of that prophecy.

Here is an example "I just replied to your thread in the spirit of Scott"

It's clear for all to see the work of John was "like" Elijah's work but not actually Elijahs work...John turned many hearts whereas Elijah will "restore all things.

You need to read more carefully Scott, we have been here before you will recall!

F2F
You are correct that we have been here before...and your position is confirmed. It would have been better if you had just believed Jesus.

Last edited:

face2face

Jun 22, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
You are correct that we have been here before...and your position is confirmed. It would have been if you had just believed Jesus.
You mean when he said Elijah must come right? That's what you intended?

face2face

Jun 22, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
You are correct that we have been here before...and your position is confirmed. It would have been if you had just believed Jesus.

I am a little staggered at your ignorance re your posts of late. It's clear you haven't searched the Scripture on this topic for yourself. If it's a personal slight you have toward me, fair enough, but show some logic in your response's man! Deal with the text - try Malachi 3:1 and Malachi 4:5 and see how you go.

Matthew 17:10 •The disciples asked him, “Why then do the experts in the law say that Elijah must come first?” 17:11 He answered, “Elijah does indeed come first and will restore all things

They missed their messenger, and you would willingly miss him who was prophesied to restore all things? What type of Christian would willingly be ignorant of the Lord's teaching and God's prophecies in Malachi? My only thought can be that you dont have the understanding and you dont want one.

You are the type of Christian who proves to me that many Christians will reject the true Christ when he appears because you believe you have it all worked out.

Right now you appear to be a cloud without water... but maybe I have you wrong?

F2F

face2face

Jun 22, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Matthew 14:16 is another verse which shows the confusion surrounding Jesus & John the Baptist.

Jesus questioning the disciples as to whom the people were saying he was - the reason for the question is born out of his concern that Israel were not getting his ministry and you will note none of them said he was Messiah - that would come from Peter!

16:14 They answered, “Some say John the Baptist, others Elijah, and others Jeremiah or one of the prophets.

Concerning John - Herod Antipas believed this Matthew 14:1-2, on the basis of the rumors that John had risen from the dead Luke 9:7
Concerning Elijah - He is the forunner to come Malachi 4:5 cp Matthew 17:10
Concerning Jeremiah and one of the prophets - It was prophesied one like unto Moses would come Deuteronomy 18:15-18

God sending "the voice" of Isaiah 40 to prepare the way for Jesus and not Elijah of Malachi 4:5 was very clever as it fooled the people into thinking Christ their redeemer had come to break their Roman bondage but little did they know that was a prophecy yet to be revealed even to us 2000 years later.

Christians need to carefully read the Word and not assume their teachers have it right.

F2F

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I am a little staggered at your ignorance re your posts of late. It's clear you haven't searched the Scripture on this topic for yourself. If it's a personal slight you have toward me, fair enough, but show some logic in your response's man! Deal with the text - try Malachi 3:1 and Malachi 4:5 and see how you go.

Matthew 17:10 •The disciples asked him, “Why then do the experts in the law say that Elijah must come first?” 17:11 He answered, “Elijah does indeed come first and will restore all things

They missed their messenger, and you would willingly miss him who was prophesied to restore all things? What type of Christian would willingly be ignorant of the Lord's teaching and God's prophecies in Malachi? My only thought can be that you dont have the understanding and you dont want one.

You are the type of Christian who proves to me that many Christians will reject the true Christ when he appears because you believe you have it all worked out.

Right now you appear to be a cloud without water... but maybe I have you wrong?

F2F

Matthew 14:16 is another verse which shows the confusion surrounding Jesus & John the Baptist.

Jesus questioning the disciples as to whom the people were saying he was - the reason for the question is born out of his concern that Israel were not getting his ministry and you will note none of them said he was Messiah - that would come from Peter!

16:14 They answered, “Some say John the Baptist, others Elijah, and others Jeremiah or one of the prophets.

Concerning John - Herod Antipas believed this Matthew 14:1-2, on the basis of the rumors that John had risen from the dead Luke 9:7
Concerning Jeremiah and one of the prophets - It was prophesied one like unto Moses would come Deuteronomy 18:15-18

God sending "the voice" of Isaiah 40 to prepare the way for Jesus and not Elijah of Malachi 4:5 was very clever as it fooled the people into thinking Christ their redeemer had come to break their Roman bondage but little did they know that was a prophecy yet to be revealed even to us 2000 years later.

Christians need to carefully read the Word and not assume their teachers have it right.

F2F
You (and most of Christendom) have misunderstood what is meant by "restore all things."

It only means to "Make His paths straight.” Which, if they were not made straight at that time, Jesus would not have gone to the cross, paid the price for sin, conquered Satan and death.

How is it that these things are not confirmed for you? And how is it that they are confirmed and you accuse me of ignorance of the scriptures, when they are clearly written? In which case, I am only being kind to ask, because it is clear whom it is that is ignorant of what should be obvious.

face2face

Jun 22, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
You (and most of Christendom) have misunderstood what is meant by "restore all things."

It only means to "Make His paths straight.” Which, if they were not made straight at that time, Jesus would not have gone to the cross, paid the price for sin, conquered Satan and death.

How is it that these things are not confirmed for you? And how is it that they are confirmed and you accuse me of ignorance of the scriptures, when they are clearly written? In which case, I am only being kind to ask, because it is clear whom it is that is ignorant of what should be obvious.
I'll pass on your comments - so shallow and you cant speak to Malachi's prophecies.

“Restoreth all things” - “Re-constitute”.
Elijah’s work will be a total success after the rebels are purged as per Ezekiel 20:35-38.(Israel is in the wilderness of the peoples now - yet to pass under the rod). Its an unfulfilled prophecy which you cannot speak to.
John only turned the hearts of “many” as per Luke 1:16-17
Dont lean on your own understanding ScottA - try entering the Word - it gives light!

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'll pass on your comments - so shallow and you cant speak to Malachi's prophecies.

“Restoreth all things” - “Re-constitute”.
Elijah’s work will be a total success after the rebels are purged as per Ezekiel 20:35-38.(Israel is in the wilderness of the peoples now - yet to pass under the rod). Its an unfulfilled prophecy which you cannot speak to.
John only turned the hearts of “many” as per Luke 1:16-17
Dont lean on your own understanding ScottA - try entering the Word - it gives light!
The irony here is that I have been explaining things to you in the context in which Christ said "all these things will come upon this evil generation" (which was who He was speaking to), and you preach and accuse me of being shallow and not including all things.

But okay, fine, Jesus and I will leave you to your nonsense. So shall it be bound in heaven. Amen.

face2face

Jun 22, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
The irony here is that I have been explaining things to you in the context in which Christ said "all these things will come upon this evil generation" (which was who He was speaking to), and you accuse me of being shallow and not including all things.
And there is your issue again - Malachi 4:5 is speaking about a future generation but once again your failure to even quote OT prophecy reveals your shallow position.

The generation John visited was an adulterous and wicked generation (correct!).
The same will be found by Elijah, however the work of Malachi 4:5 begins, it's different this time - much different!
Let the purging and refining begin!...restore all things in Israel! not change the few hearts that John touched!

Here it is again, by way of a reminder!

4:5 Look, I will send you Elijah the prophet before the great and terrible day of the Lord arrives (i.e Christ's second advent not as a lamb, but as a Lion (judgement!) as per Revelation 5:5) 4:6 He (Elijah) will encourage fathers and their children to return to me, (Israel has not returned to God!) so that I will not come and strike the earth with judgment.”

Israel will pass under the rod...a terrible time for them is coming once more!

Boy ScottA - imagine getting this prophecy wrong! Wow, a foolish move on your part!

F2F

Earburner

Feb 2, 2019
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

F2F
In all the world of all generations, ONLY John the Baptist and Jesus are the "Two Anointed ones".
Both were born with the Holy Spirit.

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And there is your issue again - Malachi 4:5 is speaking about a future generation but once again your failure to even quote OT prophecy reveals your shallow position.

The generation John visited was an adulterous and wicked generation (correct!).
The same will be found by Elijah, however the work of Malachi 4:5 begins, it's different this time - much different!
Let the purging and refining begin!...restore all things in Israel! not change the few hearts that John touched!

4:5 Look, I will send you Elijah the prophet before the great and terrible day of the Lord arrives (i.e Christ's second advent not as a lamb, but as a Lion (judgement!) as per Revelation 5:5) 4:6 He (Elijah) will encourage fathers and their children to return to me, (Israel has not returned to God!) so that I will not come and strike the earth with judgment.”

Israel will pass under the rod...a terrible time for them is coming once more!

Boy ScottA - imagine getting this prophecy wrong! Wow, a foolish move on your part!

F2F
You are impossible. So I am going to end with this--which explains that there are those like yourself who simply are not "willing to receive" the truth about Elijah from Jesus and therefore explain it all away. Imagine getting this wrong:

Matthew 11:14
And if you are willing to receive it, he is Elijah who is to come.

Last edited:

face2face

Jun 22, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
You are impossible. So I am going to end with this--which explains that there are those like yourself who simply are not "willing to receive" the truth about Elijah from Jesus. Imagine getting this wrong:

Matthew 11:14
And if you are willing to receive it, he is Elijah who is to come.
Correct to that generation Elijah had come, well to be correct as per the record Luke 1:17 - and they rejected him as the rejected the messenger of the covenant however you being a stickler for what is written we know John openly declared John 1:19-23

John NOT Elijah but certainly showed his spirit which is to come!

Get with the record ScottA

face2face

Jun 22, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
For others reading this... you will note how ScottA is hanging all of his beliefs on Matthew 11:14, which ironically is Jesus trying to get the people to listen :Laughingoutloud: not said mockingly but ironically!

Matthew 11:14 And if you are willing to accept it, he is Elijah, who is to come. 11:15 The one who has ears had better listen!

Two points

1. Accept John as Elijah and allow him to prepare your hearts to accept me or perish! (no other opportunity once you are dead!)
2. John is Elijah "who is to come"...Christ acknowledges a second messenger!

Very easy to interpret, if you have ears to hear.

F2F

Earburner

Feb 2, 2019
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

And here it is again also:
Did not John the Baptist come in the spirit of Elijah, and before the great and terrible day of the Lord arrives? He most surely did.
Ever since Pentecost, we have been in the valley of decision. In KJV Joel 3:14, are you able to discern how that terrible Day is situated in that verse, and what will cause the suddenness of it's "arrival".
Here is a clue, it's about repentance towards God, through faith in Jesus, whereby He, God the Father, is the ONLY one who will cause that terrible Day to arrive.
2Pet.3[9] The Lord is not slack concerning his promise [of salvation], as some men count slackness; but is longsuffering to us-ward, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance.
There is only one event that shall cause people to stop repenting towards God, through faith in Jesus:
Rev.13[16] And he causeth ALL, both small and great, rich and poor, free and bond, to receive a mark in their right hand, or in their foreheads:

Last edited:

face2face

Jun 22, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
And here it is again also:
Did not John the Baptist come in the spirit of Elijah, and before the great and terrible day of the Lord arrives? He most surely did.
No he did not because Malachi 4:5 is left unfulfilled sorry!
The work of restoring all things with Israel is a future work not yet started.
Be patient it will happen!
F2F