The Apostate Holy Laughter Movement

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

marksman

My eldest granddaughter showing the result of her
Feb 27, 2008
Melbourne Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
So just because you can cite good works of Heidi Baker, it doesn't mean she will not be judged for being involved in that movement. Unless she repent, I believe she is at risk of being left behind to face the calamity of fire on the earth & the coming great tribulation as a result.

What movement?

marksman

Feb 27, 2008
Melbourne Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I do not really know Heidi Baker, except she wants an emotional response to Jesus in the Spirit.
And our intellectual, defensive, detached way of living may well be our failure in Christ.

The reaction to Jesus is truly a blessing, except when it does not touch peoples hearts and brings a Holy life walk with Jesus.
If our faith is just emotional highs without understanding sin and walking in Gods word, then we can be as lost and sinners in the world.

The problem is creating an ecstatic response without the gospel, but a religious euphoria, you end up with a money making machine, where believers think they know Jesus, but neither know scripture or being born again, but are assured they are safe in Christ.

And unfortunately many who preach the ecstatic response, are not interested in the walk of suffering and trials and testing, but the easy road where success and blessing is everything to them. Some you could not tell the difference between success speakers and preaching in church. Being a success in the world and desiring things of this world, envisioning your dreams and seeing God provide them is a spiritual ministry.

Now if these guys know Jesus, this is not Jesus of scripture.

I have not read such a load of rubbish in all my born days. No doubt you have got a critical spirit that controls you to the extent you could not see the truth even if it jumped on you and bashed you on the head.

marksman

Feb 27, 2008
Melbourne Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
What revival am I thinking of?
Enow, I am still waiting for an answer to my question, what revival am I thinking
Your critical attitude does you no favours. First, tell me what you have seen personally of the happenings that have made you so jaundiced?

Still waiting for an answer Enow. Methinks your non-answers suggest you don't know.

marksman

Feb 27, 2008
Melbourne Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I understand, but there is a danger when belittling any poster.

Galatians 5:14 For all the law is fulfilled in one word, even in this; Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself. 15 But if ye bite and devour one another, take heed that ye be not consumed one of another. 16 This I say then, Walk in the Spirit, and ye shall not fulfil the lust of the flesh.

Stick to the issue regardless of the poster not liking how we are reproving what he or she is involved in as a work of darkness by the scripture or by a video. The mindsent we are to have is patience and meekness in the hope that God is peradventuring to recover them from this nsare of the devil.

If we were in a church, then after being reproved privately, then with 2 or 3 witnesses to confirm the word, and then still unrepentant, then before the whole church as the church is all supposed to say the same thing and the same judgment ( 1 Corinthians 1:9-10 ) to excommunicate the unrepentant brother.

Matthew 7:11 For the Son of man is come to save that which was lost. 12 How think ye? if a man have an hundred sheep, and one of them be gone astray, doth he not leave the ninety and nine, and goeth into the mountains, and seeketh that which is gone astray? 13 And if so be that he find it, verily I say unto you, he rejoiceth more of that sheep, than of the ninety and nine which went not astray. 14 Even so it is not the will of your Father which is in heaven, that one of these little ones should perish. 15 Moreover if thy brother shall trespass against thee, go and tell him his fault between thee and him alone: if he shall hear thee, thou hast gained thy brother. 16 But if he will not hear thee, then take with thee one or two more, that in the mouth of two or three witnesses every word may be established. 17 And if he shall neglect to hear them, tell it unto the church: but if he neglect to hear the church, let him be unto thee as an heathen man and a publican.

But we can't do that in a forum. It can only serve as an outreach ministry and we need His help to avoid biting and devouring one another, especially when someone is caught lying about how they speak in tongues as if they can interpret their own tongues which they cannot by the scripture; 1 Corinthians 12:7-14 That would be the same as saying "I have no need of you" to the body of Christ because they can do it all when scripture says the Holy Spirit divides it severally as He wills.

1 Corinthians 12:7 But the manifestation of the Spirit is given to every man to profit withal. 8 For to one is given by the Spirit the word of wisdom; to another the word of knowledge by the same Spirit; 9 To another faith by the same Spirit; to another the gifts of healing by the same Spirit; 10 To another the working of miracles; to another prophecy; to another discerning of spirits; to another divers kinds of tongues; to another the interpretation of tongues: 11 But all these worketh that one and the selfsame Spirit, dividing to every man severally as he will. 12 For as the body is one, and hath many members, and all the members of that one body, being many, are one body: so also is Christ. 13 For by one Spirit are we all baptized into one body, whether we be Jews or Gentiles, whether we be bond or free; and have been all made to drink into one Spirit. 14 For the body is not one member, but many........19 And if they were all one member, where were the body? 20 But now are they many members, yet but one body. 21 And the eye cannot say unto the hand, I have no need of thee: nor again the head to the feet, I have no need of you.

So if you come across anyone that says they speak in tongues and interpret that tongue they just spoken, scripture proves they are lying. Either they know that foreign language or they are deceiving themselves into thinking they are interpreting that tongue by how Joyce Meyers believes how she interpret tongues on others by getting the "gist" or the "feeling" of what is said. Another church thought they had the actual God's gift of tongues with interpretation, and hired a linguist to record it and translate it to prove it, but find that it was just gibberish nonsense and they were winging the interpretation like Joyce Meyers was. So it is hard to outright call someone a liar when they are deceived themselves, but when someone else as a foreigner says that the tongue speakers are interpreting their own tongue, scripture proves they know that tongue then, as they cannot be speaking and interpreting that tongue by the Holy Spirit. The practice in church is to have 2 or 3 speak in tongues and another not of the 3 to interpret which is the same method for prophesying.

1 Corinthians 14:27 If any man speak in an unknown tongue, let it be by two, or at the most by three, and that by course; and let one interpret. 28 But if there be no interpreter, let him keep silence in the church; and let him speak to himself, and to God. 29 Let the prophets speak two or three, and let the other judge.

So when someone says they pray in tongues and name the languages they are praying in as if they do not know the languages themselves, it cannot true by the scripture. They may know the languages and are outright lying about not knowing the language or they are guessing that they are speaking in those languages and don't know that it is just gibberish nonsense. As it is, we can judge the tongue as not of Him, but judging the person is to be avoided in the forum since they know not what they do, either way.

Your interpretation of these verses only goes to show that you don't know what you are talking about. All you are doing is guessing.

For example, your comment "The practice in church is to have 2 or 3 speak in tongues and another not of the 3 to interpret which is the same method for prophesying." is a babbling brook. It does not say 2 or 3 speak in tongues and a fourth one interprets. It says 2 or 3 speaks in tongues and one interprets. One of the two or three.

And I don't know what you are talking about when you say "it cannot true by scripture." Do you know?

And as you do not speak in tongues or interpret and do not believe that believers should speak in tongues or interpret, and you believe that others should not speak in tongues or interpret you are hardly an expert on the subject. All you know is one side of the story and do not have the slightest interest in knowing about the other. All you seem to want to do is lecture everyone else to let them know how wrong they are.

And to make your ignorance even worse, speaking in tongues has nothing at all to do with prophesy.

FollowHim

Aug 22, 2019
London
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
So tell me what you have seen that is from the devil that is claimed to be from the Lord?
This is where you miss-understand me.
Much of what is claimed as a spiritual statement is something said in an emotional fervour.

The essential point it is not from God. Most is from peoples imaginations.
Look at the prophetic web sites, the reams of prophecy that does not come true.

Take Bill Johnson saying 80% of what is claimed is wrong.
And yes believers want so badly to have an encounter with Jesus they will say a dentists filling and crown has appeared by a miracle when they know the dentist put it there.

When people are happy to be this deluded, satan does not have to be involved, the work is already done.
So a man stands on stage and says gold dust on his hands shows God is blessing him.
Except he is lying and the gold dust was on his hair, which he planted so he could make this claim.

A sincere sister in the Lord wanted so badly to witness the Lords blessing and presence, she had a prophecy when her baby would be born, on which day, 5 days prior to the birth. She got it wrong. I honour her enthusiasm, but realise she is totally miss-understanding the emphasis of our walk in Christ. Love and the heart are our foundation, the Lords miraculous actions are confirmation of His presence, no more, no less.

Unfortunately I have met too many who call me demon possessed and anti-christ to just state this reality. One person said God did not need a cleansed resolved heart, because this was the age of the miraculous, and the heart was desperately wicked, so should be ignored.

If you want more confused, unsaved and lost folk, it is those who do not understand Jesus is all about the heart, nothing but the heart and eternally we are saved because of our cleansed heart.

Reactions: VictoryinJesus

FollowHim

Aug 22, 2019
London
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I have not read such a load of rubbish in all my born days. No doubt you have got a critical spirit that controls you to the extent you could not see the truth even if it jumped on you and bashed you on the head.

I see that any critical thinking about what is going on has to be rejected.
How do you tell a wolf from the sheep? The wolf destroys and exploits the sheep.

What is the value of a healing mission when no one is healed?
What is the point of claiming a preacher has a ministry of healing when someone comes in a wheel chair, that God has healed them, they get up from the chair, only later to discover is was wishful thinking, suppression of pain, grasping at straws. It is ridiculous optimism, played out in front of the niave.

When people pray for healing of cancer, which does come by Gods grace, occasionally, and these folk die, this is Gods will.
Gods sovereign will to call these folk home.

Very sincere leaders, who have had cancer, who felt this was the enemy testing their faith, stepped out in faith, and died.
God was calling them home, a far better place than to remain here, yet from their conversations and aspirations, they were more worldly minded than seeing this world as just a veil in front of the one to come. Who are we to demand the miraculous which is Gods to give, when He has blessed us with so much wealth, health and love. Rather we should go to meet our maker rejoicing that He has done so much, Amen.

Now I say this after losing dear friends to cancer, and some who the Lord graciously healed through medicine.
So if this is rubbish, I do not know what you regard as truth, I just rest in Christ my Saviour.

Reactions: VictoryinJesus

Enow

Feb 5, 2020
Hermitage
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No, i was proving that the Biblical 'filled with the Holy Spirit', was diametrically opposed to what they were displaying, either the videos or the personal stories, ...all were complete nonsense. ....when you think about it, it's hard to believe that you thought otherwise, considering my vehemence against all these people who support this drama & hysteria, in all my posts? ...no worries, you wanted to clarify.

Yes, I had wanted clarity. I have come across a lot of believers who do not believe that the "holy laughter" movement is of God, but at the same time, they refer to methodology that invites such an event to occur by praying to the Holy Ghost or praying for the Holy Ghost to be sent into the worship place to reach the lost and yet the Holy Spirit is in us to do that so why believe the Holy Spirit would be in the worship place outside of us where the spirit of the antichrist dwells? They do this because those that err believes that the Holy Spirit is the One that draws men to the Lord and convinces them, but it is the Father that specifically does that per John 6:44 and the reference they use for the Holy Spirit convincing sinners is applied wrong from John 16:8-9 when it is about Him convicting sinners for not believing in Him.

John 6:44 No man can come to me, except the Father which hath sent me draw him: and I will raise him up at the last day.

John 16:8 And when he is come, he will reprove the world of sin, and of righteousness, and of judgment: 9 Of sin, because they believe not on me;

Anyway, my oldest brother says he thinks that stuff is crazy and yet he prays to the Holy Ghost. When that stuff happens, he is going to think that was the Holy Spirit because he was praying to Him at the time that it had happened.

That is how the Lord led me to discern how the holy laughter movement went across the denomination in 1994 as happening in Catholic & Protestant churches, not all churches, but it was happening in other denominations as gathering grapes of thorns and figs of thistles; the fruit of a false prophet.

Matthew 7:15 Beware of false prophets, which come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly they are ravening wolves.16 Ye shall know them by their fruits. Do men gather grapes of thorns, or figs of thistles?

That is why it also applies to the Promise Keepers' program and the Graham's Crusade for not converting any one out from their denomination, but sending them back to the Catholic Church.

Anyway, there are a lot of teaching and misapplication of scripture and practices that lays the foundation for believers to be led astray even though they can judge that holy laughter movement as clearly not of the Lord.

I try to tell modern day tongue speakers that the holy laughter movement is from the same tree in how they had gained tongues without interpretation and thus assumed for private use by receiving what they believe was the Holy Spirit apart from the calling of the gospel when they were saved by faith in Jesus Christ. I saw someone ( maybe in another forum ) reporting that the tongue speaker tried to stop a slain in the spirit event from being pursued in his church and he fell and the guy reporting it, gloated about it. The member "Amadeus" did "like" his post. I remember that part, too.

When any one speaks of receiving the Holy Spirit apart from the calling of the gospel when they were saved, it is the same methodology for how these holy laughter movement occurs. Tongue speakers may say holy laughter or slain in the spirit is not of God, but that is how they got that tongues and why they would fall to even such an apostate event as slain in the spirit or the holy laughter movement.

Sorry, if I had offended you, but yeah, clarity was needed because I was wondering if what you were saying was how they were saying from the Book of Acts for why they believe that believers can receive a continual filling of the Holy Spirit so they can minister to others or whatever. Some believers speak to the principle of being filled with the Spirit and seeking to be filled with the Spirit, but not actually to the phenomenon itself, but yet they leave themselves wide open to believing that phenomenon is of Him when it happens to them rather than just thinking it in principle.

Scripture testifies we are always Spirit-filled since our salvation for why we are accountable to what we sow towards because we are in this body of death still; do we sow to the works of the flesh or remained filled with the Spirit in sowing to the fruits of the Spirit by faith in Jesus Christ to finish His work in us to His glory? Philippians 1:6,11 Believers misapply Ephesians 5:18 as if that justifies in principle of seeking to be filled with the Spirit when it is just a call to remain sober thus be Spirit-filled with the fruit of temperance which is self control.

So, yeah. I am glad you know the holy laughter movement is of God, but just wanted to make sure you knew you are always Spirit-filled and not seeking to be filled by the Holy Spirit to be "full of the Spirit" in ministry when Luke was just explaining how His disciples did what they did in Acts.

...maybe it's marksmen, or someone else that you been contending with on this issue, who is hacking your computer?
...just kidding.

My folks' home has been accessed by people during the night and when we were away, trying their best not to leave any trace that they did, and failing as they have switched out stuff like food for spoiled food, taken DVD and some were returned to mess with me, emptied my ear medication with water and I had thought it was fuller than it was supposed to be but my doctor told me I had water in my ear and so that was that.

I have to consider that they had access to the computer to wi fi it, but enough of that possibility since it could be a hacker; maybe them, I dunno. God knows. I may have more persecutors than I care to know. He is Lord and He is carrying me through it. My treasure is in Heaven.

Enow

Feb 5, 2020
Hermitage
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What movement?

What we are discussing about in this thread; the apostate holy laughter movement. Loss of self control was also seen in that movement and not just uncontrollable laughter.

Enow

Feb 5, 2020
Hermitage
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Your interpretation of these verses only goes to show that you don't know what you are talking about. All you are doing is guessing.

For example, your comment "The practice in church is to have 2 or 3 speak in tongues and another not of the 3 to interpret which is the same method for prophesying." is a babbling brook. It does not say 2 or 3 speak in tongues and a fourth one interprets. It says 2 or 3 speaks in tongues and one interprets. One of the two or three.

How they prophesy is how I understand how they were to interpret those that speak in tongues.

1 Corinthians 14:27 If any man speak in an unknown tongue, let it be by two, or at the most by three, and that by course; and let one interpret. 28 But if there be no interpreter, let him keep silence in the church; and let him speak to himself, and to God. 29 Let the prophets speak two or three, and let the other judge.

1 Corinthians 12:7-11 explains how the Spirit divides the gifts severally as He wills for why Paul was saying in chapter 14 that if any one speaks in tongues, they should pray that "he", the Holy Spirit, may interpret through another as set forth in chapter 12. It is his spirit praying, not the Holy Spirit. It is Paul that is praying to the Lord Jesus Christ that the Holy Spirit will interpret thru another. It is the Holy Spirit thru another that he is praying to understand thru another so that the tongue being manifested thru himself would be fruitful to himself.

1 Corinthians 12:7 But the manifestation of the Spirit is given to every man to profit withal. 8 For to one is given by the Spirit the word of wisdom; to another the word of knowledge by the same Spirit; 9 To another faith by the same Spirit; to another the gifts of healing by the same Spirit; 10 To another the working of miracles; to another prophecy; to another discerning of spirits; to another divers kinds of tongues; to another the interpretation of tongues: 11 But all these worketh that one and the selfsame Spirit, dividing to every man severally as he will.
12 For as the body is one, and hath many members, and all the members of that one body, being many, are one body: so also is Christ. 13 For by one Spirit are we all baptized into one body, whether we be Jews or Gentiles, whether we be bond or free; and have been all made to drink into one Spirit. 14 For the body is not one member, but many.

19 And if they were all one member, where were the body? 20 But now are they many members, yet but one body. 21 And the eye cannot say unto the hand, I have no need of thee: nor again the head to the feet, I have no need of you.

So that is how I read 1 Corinthians 14:27-29 that way because Paul sets the precedent in chapter 12 in how the Holy Spirit will manifest the gifts.

And I don't know what you are talking about when you say "it cannot true by scripture." Do you know?

"It cannot be true by scripture." I will have to go back and edit it for clarity.

And as you do not speak in tongues or interpret and do not believe that believers should speak in tongues or interpret, and you believe that others should not speak in tongues or interpret you are hardly an expert on the subject. All you know is one side of the story and do not have the slightest interest in knowing about the other. All you seem to want to do is lecture everyone else to let them know how wrong they are.

And to make your ignorance even worse, speaking in tongues has nothing at all to do with prophesy.

The same method for how they prophesy with 2 or 3 and another judge is the same for speaking in tongues while another interpret. Otherwise, Paul's words would fall flat in how believers can speak in tongue and then interpret that tongue they had spoken as they need no other member of the body of Christ to do it.

Since Joyce Meyers testified that she interprets tongues by getting the feel or the gist of what is being said, it is no wonder why other believers think they know the language that they are praying in when it is a guess as well. And when it is confirmed that he is actually speaking a foreign language and he says he is interpreting it as a language he does not know, scripture exposes that person as a liar. It is too convenient & easy for any one to be tempted to speak like that when they can know more than one languages where they can come in and mislead people into thinking they are speaking in tongues and lie about not knowing that other language when they do just to bring attention to themselves.

A church had actually thought that they had God's gift of tongues until they had hired a linguist to record it all and interpret it for them to know the many languages being spoken in that church. As it turned out, it was all gibberish nonsense and so the people were either interpreting tongues by winging it like Joyce Meyers was, or they were lying about interpreting that tongue to fit in.

God only knows and those tongue speakers do too, but until they say that they do not know that language they are praying in as confirmed by someone else that knows that language to be that language, no one can expose them for lying about not knowing that language because the Holy Spirit will not have one person speak in tongue and use the same person to interpret that tongue spoken by that same person. No way.

FollowHim

Aug 22, 2019
London
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
How they prophesy is how I understand how they were to interpret those that speak in tongues.

1 Corinthians 12:7-11 explains how the Spirit divides the gifts severally as He wills for why Paul was saying in chapter 14 that if any one speaks in tongues, they should pray that "he", the Holy Spirit, may interpret through another as set forth in chapter 12. It is his spirit praying, not the Holy Spirit. It is Paul that is praying to the Lord Jesus Christ that the Holy Spirit will interpret thru another. It is the Holy Spirit thru another that he is praying to understand thru another so that the tongue being manifested thru himself would be fruitful to himself.

1 Corinthians 12:7 But the manifestation of the Spirit is given to every man to profit withal. 8 For to one is given by the Spirit the word of wisdom; to another the word of knowledge by the same Spirit; 9 To another faith by the same Spirit; to another the gifts of healing by the same Spirit; 10 To another the working of miracles; to another prophecy; to another discerning of spirits; to another divers kinds of tongues; to another the interpretation of tongues: 11 But all these worketh that one and the selfsame Spirit, dividing to every man severally as he will.
12 For as the body is one, and hath many members, and all the members of that one body, being many, are one body: so also is Christ. 13 For by one Spirit are we all baptized into one body, whether we be Jews or Gentiles, whether we be bond or free; and have been all made to drink into one Spirit. 14 For the body is not one member, but many.

19 And if they were all one member, where were the body? 20 But now are they many members, yet but one body. 21 And the eye cannot say unto the hand, I have no need of thee: nor again the head to the feet, I have no need of you.

So that is how I read 1 Corinthians 14:27-29 that way because Paul sets the precedent in chapter 12 in how the Holy Spirit will manifest the gifts.

"It cannot be true by scripture." I will have to go back and edit it for clarity.

The same method for how they prophesy with 2 or 3 and another judge is the same for speaking in tongues while another interpret. Otherwise, Paul's words would fall flat in how believers can speak in tongue and then interpret that tongue they had spoken as they need no other member of the body of Christ to do it.

Since Joyce Meyers testified that she interprets tongues by getting the feel or the gist of what is being said, it is no wonder why other believers think they know the language that they are praying in when it is a guess as well. And when it is confirmed that he is actually speaking a foreign language and he says he is interpreting it as a language he does not know, scripture exposes that person as a liar. It is too convenient & easy for any one to be tempted to speak like that when they can know more than one languages where they can come in and mislead people into thinking they are speaking in tongues and lie about not knowing that other language when they do just to bring attention to themselves.

A church had actually thought that they had God's gift of tongues until they had hired a linguist to record it all and interpret it for them to know the many languages being spoken in that church. As it turned out, it was all gibberish nonsense and so the people were either interpreting tongues by winging it like Joyce Meyers was, or they were lying about interpreting that tongue to fit in.

God only knows and those tongue speakers do too, but until they say that they do not know that language they are praying in as confirmed by someone else that knows that language to be that language, no one can expose them for lying about not knowing that language because the Holy Spirit will not have one person speak in tongue and use the same person to interpret that tongue spoken by that same person. No way.

In our church we have a Portuguese believer who wanted to raise their voice to God in praise and often spoke in Portuguese, though they did not have the gift of tongues. Another believer prayed after this brother in english, and I was told that what he said was what the other brother had said but in english.

Now we have had people use tongues, but not recently. Unfortunately the amount of confusion with the prosperity gospel and other heresies, it gets confusing what is real and people tend to want to keep it simple. I am truly touched when people speak truth from the Lord, but with the encouragement of fake no matter what, it makes the reality of the Lord fade away.

What God loves is when we give all to Him, with out whole hearts, all our energy and strength. God can use us. Truth, openness and honest, speaking from the heart always stir me, Amen.

Reactions: Hisman

Willie T

Heaven Sent
Staff member
Sep 14, 2017
St. Petersburg Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes, I had wanted clarity. I have come across a lot of believers who do not believe that the "holy laughter" movement is of God, but at the same time, they refer to methodology that invites such an event to occur by praying to the Holy Ghost or praying for the Holy Ghost to be sent into the worship place to reach the lost and yet the Holy Spirit is in us to do that so why believe the Holy Spirit would be in the worship place outside of us where the spirit of the antichrist dwells? They do this because those that err believes that the Holy Spirit is the One that draws men to the Lord and convinces them, but it is the Father that specifically does that per John 6:44 and the reference they use for the Holy Spirit convincing sinners is applied wrong from John 16:8-9 when it is about Him convicting sinners for not believing in Him.

John 6:44 No man can come to me, except the Father which hath sent me draw him: and I will raise him up at the last day.

John 16:8 And when he is come, he will reprove the world of sin, and of righteousness, and of judgment: 9 Of sin, because they believe not on me;

Anyway, my oldest brother says he thinks that stuff is crazy and yet he prays to the Holy Ghost. When that stuff happens, he is going to think that was the Holy Spirit because he was praying to Him at the time that it had happened.

That is how the Lord led me to discern how the holy laughter movement went across the denomination in 1994 as happening in Catholic & Protestant churches, not all churches, but it was happening in other denominations as gathering grapes of thorns and figs of thistles; the fruit of a false prophet.

Matthew 7:15 Beware of false prophets, which come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly they are ravening wolves.16 Ye shall know them by their fruits. Do men gather grapes of thorns, or figs of thistles?

That is why it also applies to the Promise Keepers' program and the Graham's Crusade for not converting any one out from their denomination, but sending them back to the Catholic Church.

Anyway, there are a lot of teaching and misapplication of scripture and practices that lays the foundation for believers to be led astray even though they can judge that holy laughter movement as clearly not of the Lord.

I try to tell modern day tongue speakers that the holy laughter movement is from the same tree in how they had gained tongues without interpretation and thus assumed for private use by receiving what they believe was the Holy Spirit apart from the calling of the gospel when they were saved by faith in Jesus Christ. I saw someone ( maybe in another forum ) reporting that the tongue speaker tried to stop a slain in the spirit event from being pursued in his church and he fell and the guy reporting it, gloated about it. The member "Amadeus" did "like" his post. I remember that part, too.

When any one speaks of receiving the Holy Spirit apart from the calling of the gospel when they were saved, it is the same methodology for how these holy laughter movement occurs. Tongue speakers may say holy laughter or slain in the spirit is not of God, but that is how they got that tongues and why they would fall to even such an apostate event as slain in the spirit or the holy laughter movement.

Sorry, if I had offended you, but yeah, clarity was needed because I was wondering if what you were saying was how they were saying from the Book of Acts for why they believe that believers can receive a continual filling of the Holy Spirit so they can minister to others or whatever. Some believers speak to the principle of being filled with the Spirit and seeking to be filled with the Spirit, but not actually to the phenomenon itself, but yet they leave themselves wide open to believing that phenomenon is of Him when it happens to them rather than just thinking it in principle.

Scripture testifies we are always Spirit-filled since our salvation for why we are accountable to what we sow towards because we are in this body of death still; do we sow to the works of the flesh or remained filled with the Spirit in sowing to the fruits of the Spirit by faith in Jesus Christ to finish His work in us to His glory? Philippians 1:6,11 Believers misapply Ephesians 5:18 as if that justifies in principle of seeking to be filled with the Spirit when it is just a call to remain sober thus be Spirit-filled with the fruit of temperance which is self control.

So, yeah. I am glad you know the holy laughter movement is of God, but just wanted to make sure you knew you are always Spirit-filled and not seeking to be filled by the Holy Spirit to be "full of the Spirit" in ministry when Luke was just explaining how His disciples did what they did in Acts.

My folks' home has been accessed by people during the night and when we were away, trying their best not to leave any trace that they did, and failing as they have switched out stuff like food for spoiled food, taken DVD and some were returned to mess with me, emptied my ear medication with water and I had thought it was fuller than it was supposed to be but my doctor told me I had water in my ear and so that was that.

I have to consider that they had access to the computer to wi fi it, but enough of that possibility since it could be a hacker; maybe them, I dunno. God knows. I may have more persecutors than I care to know. He is Lord and He is carrying me through it. My treasure is in Heaven.
I would very seriously suggest you seek professional help in some of these areas.

Enow

Feb 5, 2020
Hermitage
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
In our church we have a Portuguese believer who wanted to raise their voice to God in praise and often spoke in Portuguese, though they did not have the gift of tongues. Another believer prayed after this brother in english, and I was told that what he said was what the other brother had said but in english.

Questionable. I could believe that if it wasn't for 1 Corinthians 14:27-28 for why foreigners were to be commanded not to speak as they were speaking out of turn when 2 or 3 were speaking in tongues as manifested by the Holy Spirit, and another interpret. I can understand that he knows what he is speaking as God does to; not that he was speaking to God per the scripture reference, but that God understood what he was saying as he does too. That was why he was commanded to be silent because he speaks unto himself ( meaning he is speaking his actual native language for why he understand skit ) and speaking unto God ( meaning not speaking TO God per se but that God understood what he was saying too.

1 Corinthians 14:27 If any man speak in an unknown tongue, let it be by two, or at the most by three, and that by course; and let one interpret. 28 But if there be no interpreter, let him keep silence in the church; and let him speak to himself, and to God.

No one can really hear anything from the pulpit, let alone from actual tongue speakers if someone was still speaking in their native foreign tongue in church for why silence mean silence in the church while 2 or 3 speak in tongues and another interpret.

Granted, your testimony was about a foreigner worshiping God in worship in his native foreign language, and someone else supposedly prayed to interpret what he was saying in English. Can it happen? Can any one else confirm that he did not really know the language? As it is, I am not sure why the Holy Spirit would bother to interpret it when there are not 2 or 3 doing the speaking.

What I understand for why the necessity of having two or three witnesses is to establish a testimony by that tongue just as they do by prophesy. It is a practice for confirming anything true from the Lord or from men.

2 Corinthians 13:1This is the third time I am coming to you. In the mouth of two or three witnesses shall every word be established.

So it is questionable to me for one person to interpret as by the Holy Spirit, on one person speaking in his native tongue for that to be true. There certainly no instructions in the church to pray to Jesus Christ that the Holy Spirit may interpret a foreigner in their midst, but then why command him to be silent during the event when 2 or 3 are speaking in tongues? Why are there no instructions for praying that the Lord would have the Holy Spirit interpreting a foreigner's tongue after service or after that practice when 2 or 3 spoke in tongues and another interpret was done with?

I would imagine that Corinth is on a main traffic route for why foreigners may visit the assembly, and so I would think Paul would have taught that the Holy Spirit will help believers interpret any foreigner that had spoken out of turn when he saw 2 or 3 speak in tongues and another interpret, rather then command him to be silent in the assembly, and just leave him at that.

Now we have had people use tongues, but not recently. Unfortunately the amount of confusion with the prosperity gospel and other heresies, it gets confusing what is real and people tend to want to keep it simple. I am truly touched when people speak truth from the Lord, but with the encouragement of fake no matter what, it makes the reality of the Lord fade away.

When speaking in tongues and interpreting tongues is for our edification, then when all speak one language, the Holy Spirit would choose the quickest route for our edification and that is to prophesy in the language that everybody in church understands. That is the purpose; not for showing off gifts of tongues and the interpretation of tongues, but to edify the body of believers. Since that is what Paul was exhorting believers to do in seeking a gift to edify the body of believers, it is no wonder why he was toting prophesy over tongues thru out 1 Corinthians 14th chapter.

What God loves is when we give all to Him, with out whole hearts, all our energy and strength. God can use us. Truth, openness and honest, speaking from the heart always stir me, Amen.

Discerning of spirits is also a gift of the Spirit as precedeing gifts of tongues and the interpretation of that tongue. The ordinance in how the gifts were to be manifested in the assembly is to confirm the word brought by speaking in tongues and in prophesy by 2 or 3 witnesses while another interpret and judge. Anyway, I find it hard to not see the spotlight on that brother doing the interpreting rather than the Lord thru the Holy Spirit.

Enow

Feb 5, 2020
Hermitage
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I would very seriously suggest you seek professional help in some of these areas.

If you don't say why, then it is hardly a motivation, brother. Just agree to disagree without such inference to belittle me.

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I see that any critical thinking about what is going on has to be rejected.
How do you tell a wolf from the sheep? The wolf destroys and exploits the sheep.

What is the value of a healing mission when no one is healed?
What is the point of claiming a preacher has a ministry of healing when someone comes in a wheel chair, that God has healed them, they get up from the chair, only later to discover is was wishful thinking, suppression of pain, grasping at straws. It is ridiculous optimism, played out in front of the niave.

When people pray for healing of cancer, which does come by Gods grace, occasionally, and these folk die, this is Gods will.
Gods sovereign will to call these folk home.

Very sincere leaders, who have had cancer, who felt this was the enemy testing their faith, stepped out in faith, and died.
God was calling them home, a far better place than to remain here, yet from their conversations and aspirations, they were more worldly minded than seeing this world as just a veil in front of the one to come. Who are we to demand the miraculous which is Gods to give, when He has blessed us with so much wealth, health and love. Rather we should go to meet our maker rejoicing that He has done so much, Amen.

Now I say this after losing dear friends to cancer, and some who the Lord graciously healed through medicine.
So if this is rubbish, I do not know what you regard as truth, I just rest in Christ my Saviour.

I’m guilty of first coming to God with demanding to be healed physically. I wanted healing of MS which was so fearful to approach and not at all how I saw my life going. I spent over a year searching Gods word asking Him everyday, demanding He promised His children physical healing. Countless verses healing ministry's said should be claimed with power over the flesh so much so to raise the dead, were taped all over my walls. Then one day the question came: was a physical healing needed or a deeper healing in Christ? Joni’s testimony helped. If you have never heard of her....she is paralyzed from the neck down and is an artist now that paints using her mouth to hold the paint brushes. Don’t know if in this article she shares it but she went to all the healing ministry’s and spoke of being brought in with others in wheel chairs placed in the back. Spoke of her Great depression and desperation and confusion when God’s Spirit moved over the crowd yet skipped her and the others in the back. I’m sorry to question it but while asserting and claiming and holding fast to those miraculous experiences of gold dust and holy laughter ...what of the Joni’s in the back that go away hungry and without? While others feed? 1 Corinthians 11:21-22 For in eating every one taketh before other his own supper: and one is hungry, and another is drunken. [22] What? have ye not houses to eat and to drink in? or despise ye the church of God, and shame them that have not? What shall I say to you? shall I praise you in this? I praise you not.

Why Joni Eareckson Tada Praises God for Not Healing Her

Last edited:

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Who are we to demand the miraculous which is Gods to give, when He has blessed us with so much wealth, health and love.

yes, it neglects that He has already given “wealth” 2 Corinthians 6:10-11 As sorrowful, yet alway rejoicing; as poor, yet making many rich; as having nothing, and yet possessing all things. [11] O ye Corinthians, our mouth is open unto you, our heart is enlarged.

And “health” Isaiah 58:8-12 Then shall thy light break forth as the morning, and thine health shall spring forth speedily: and thy righteousness shall go before thee; the glory of the Lord shall be thy rereward. [9] Then shalt thou call, and the Lord shall answer; thou shalt cry, and he shall say, Here I am. If thou take away from the midst of thee the yoke, the putting forth of the finger, and speaking vanity; [10] And if thou draw out thy soul to the hungry, and satisfy the afflicted soul; then shall thy light rise in obscurity, and thy darkness be as the noonday: [11] And the Lord shall guide thee continually, and satisfy thy soul in drought, and make fat thy bones: and thou shalt be like a watered garden, and like a spring of water, whose waters fail not. [12] And they that shall be of thee shall build the old waste places: thou shalt raise up the foundations of many generations; and thou shalt be called, The repairer of the breach, The restorer of paths to dwell in.

John 4:13-14 Jesus answered and said unto her, Whosoever drinketh of this water shall thirst again: [14] But whosoever drinketh of the water that I shall give him shall never thirst; but the water that I shall give him shall be in him a well of water springing up into everlasting life.

Enow

Feb 5, 2020
Hermitage
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
FYI When I respond to post, I will use the same size print or close to it as the poster is using. I realize that it can come across as yelling, but then you would have to say that to the ones I am responding to.

I do not consider the poster as yelling or being angry until they start using exclamation points and of course, words of anger determines that too.

So hopefully, readers know I am not yelling back at the poster when I am responding in same size print so they can read it better as I assume that is why they are posting in that size of letters.

But I am beginning to think I should just respond in normal size letters since they do seem to be reading it in responding to me even though they respond in larger letters.

My discourse with brother Amadeus has made him angry, but my response was not in anger but maintaining the truth about what he is involved in for how his vague application of scripture metaphorically is wrong as I applied it back to him with the Lord's help for how that metaphor can apply to him in what he is doing. And so don't misconstrue how Amadeus posts in large letters as him being angry with you. He has gotten angry with me and I think you can tell when he got angry with me and when he is not in his postings, and so large letters in posting is not considered yelling, okay?

Willie T posts in large letters and even though I respond close to the same size, he isn't yelling nor am I, either.

FYI about why I post in sometimes in large size letters because that is how the post is that I am responding to.

Reactions: Willie T

Enow

Feb 5, 2020
Hermitage
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

A shorter response; I do not see anything like that in scripture for why the Holy Spirit would do that then thru that brother on that Portuguese when the Portuguese can speak in English himself of what he was saying in Portuguese.

All that did was bring the spotlight on that brother that he can interpret Portuguese finally after all that time of the Portuguese worshiping God in that language when on his own time, he could have learned that language in a short period of time to translate it properly. The brother supposedly got his fifteen minutes of fame at that point. That is all I suspect had happened, because God insists that there be two or three witnesses speaking in tongues before the Holy Spirit would interpret the established testimony in those 2 or 3 tongues.

John 8:17 It is also written in your law, that the testimony of two men is true.

So only one speaking in their native language does not constitute an established testimony for the Holy Spirit to even bother to interpret.

Enow

Feb 5, 2020
Hermitage
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Why? Because some of that post sounded awfully paranoid. LOL

I can understand that but you have to see the evidence to know why I believe that. I have seen recently on a TV show or movie where drug addicts would break into their family homes and steal something from the parents, hoping they don't notice it gone when they pawn stuff for money to buy drugs. I believe it was an episode from "Terminator, the Sarah Conner Chronicles".

My brother has broken into the house before and he has stolen before, but I don't think he was the one doing it all this time. He has died from lung and brain cancer last year so it is hard to know if he shared the key to the place with others or not. But there are indications that they are just doing stuff to make sport with me at my expense more than just to steal to buy drugs. I'll stop there. Anyway, there is cause for my paranoia. FYI