The Apostate Holy Laughter Movement

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

marksman

My eldest granddaughter showing the result of her
Feb 27, 2008
Melbourne Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
How they prophesy is how I understand how they were to interpret those that speak in tongues.

1 Corinthians 14:27 If any man speak in an unknown tongue, let it be by two, or at the most by three, and that by course; and let one interpret. 28 But if there be no interpreter, let him keep silence in the church; and let him speak to himself, and to God. 29 Let the prophets speak two or three, and let the other judge.

1 Corinthians 12:7-11 explains how the Spirit divides the gifts severally as He wills for why Paul was saying in chapter 14 that if any one speaks in tongues, they should pray that "he", the Holy Spirit, may interpret through another as set forth in chapter 12. It is his spirit praying, not the Holy Spirit. It is Paul that is praying to the Lord Jesus Christ that the Holy Spirit will interpret thru another. It is the Holy Spirit thru another that he is praying to understand thru another so that the tongue being manifested thru himself would be fruitful to himself.

1 Corinthians 12:7 But the manifestation of the Spirit is given to every man to profit withal. 8 For to one is given by the Spirit the word of wisdom; to another the word of knowledge by the same Spirit; 9 To another faith by the same Spirit; to another the gifts of healing by the same Spirit; 10 To another the working of miracles; to another prophecy; to another discerning of spirits; to another divers kinds of tongues; to another the interpretation of tongues: 11 But all these worketh that one and the selfsame Spirit, dividing to every man severally as he will.
12 For as the body is one, and hath many members, and all the members of that one body, being many, are one body: so also is Christ. 13 For by one Spirit are we all baptized into one body, whether we be Jews or Gentiles, whether we be bond or free; and have been all made to drink into one Spirit. 14 For the body is not one member, but many.

19 And if they were all one member, where were the body? 20 But now are they many members, yet but one body. 21 And the eye cannot say unto the hand, I have no need of thee: nor again the head to the feet, I have no need of you.

So that is how I read 1 Corinthians 14:27-29 that way because Paul sets the precedent in chapter 12 in how the Holy Spirit will manifest the gifts.

"It cannot be true by scripture." I will have to go back and edit it for clarity.

The same method for how they prophesy with 2 or 3 and another judge is the same for speaking in tongues while another interpret. Otherwise, Paul's words would fall flat in how believers can speak in tongue and then interpret that tongue they had spoken as they need no other member of the body of Christ to do it.

Since Joyce Meyers testified that she interprets tongues by getting the feel or the gist of what is being said, it is no wonder why other believers think they know the language that they are praying in when it is a guess as well. And when it is confirmed that he is actually speaking a foreign language and he says he is interpreting it as a language he does not know, scripture exposes that person as a liar. It is too convenient & easy for any one to be tempted to speak like that when they can know more than one languages where they can come in and mislead people into thinking they are speaking in tongues and lie about not knowing that other language when they do just to bring attention to themselves.

A church had actually thought that they had God's gift of tongues until they had hired a linguist to record it all and interpret it for them to know the many languages being spoken in that church. As it turned out, it was all gibberish nonsense and so the people were either interpreting tongues by winging it like Joyce Meyers was, or they were lying about interpreting that tongue to fit in.

God only knows and those tongue speakers do too, but until they say that they do not know that language they are praying in as confirmed by someone else that knows that language to be that language, no one can expose them for lying about not knowing that language because the Holy Spirit will not have one person speak in tongue and use the same person to interpret that tongue spoken by that same person. No way.

How they prophesy is how I understand how they were to interpret those that speak in tongues. WRONG.

Since Joyce Meyers testified that she interprets tongues by getting the feel or the gist of what is being said, it is no wonder why other believers think they know the language that they are praying in when it is a guess as well. JOYCE MYER IS NOT MY BIBLE OR MY GOD.

A church had actually thought that they had God's gift of tongues until they had hired a linguist to record it all and interpret it for them to know the many languages being spoken in that church. As it turned out, it was all gibberish nonsense and so the people were either interpreting tongues by winging it like Joyce Meyers was, or they were lying about interpreting that tongue to fit in. ANECDOTAL EVIDENCE IS NEVER PROOF OF ANYTHING.

God only knows and those tongue speakers do too, but until they say that they do not know that language they are praying in as confirmed by someone else that knows that language to be that language, no one can expose them for lying about not knowing that language because the Holy Spirit will not have one person speak in tongue and use the same person to interpret that tongue spoken by that same person. WRONG.

It is very clear from these comments that you are an armchair critic of the supernatural. All you are doing is spouting what you think happens or should happen but have no actual experience of what does happen. And as this thread is about your EXPERIENCE of the supernatural, why are you commenting as you have no experience? That is totally dishonest on your part as all you are doing is trying to convince people that the supernatural is the product of Satan. PEOPLE I MIGHT ADD WHO KNOW IT IS NOT.

Reactions: amadeus

marksman

Feb 27, 2008
Melbourne Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
What we are discussing about in this thread; the apostate holy laughter movement. Loss of self control was also seen in that movement and not just uncontrollable laughter.
There is no such thing as a holy laughter movement. The Welsh revival was not a movement. It was a visitation of God that brought deep conviction of sin that filled the churches and emptied the pubs.

marksman

Feb 27, 2008
Melbourne Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I see that any critical thinking about what is going on has to be rejected.
How do you tell a wolf from the sheep? The wolf destroys and exploits the sheep.

What is the value of a healing mission when no one is healed?
What is the point of claiming a preacher has a ministry of healing when someone comes in a wheel chair, that God has healed them, they get up from the chair, only later to discover is was wishful thinking, suppression of pain, grasping at straws. It is ridiculous optimism, played out in front of the niave.

When people pray for healing of cancer, which does come by Gods grace, occasionally, and these folk die, this is Gods will.
Gods sovereign will to call these folk home.

Very sincere leaders, who have had cancer, who felt this was the enemy testing their faith, stepped out in faith, and died.
God was calling them home, a far better place than to remain here, yet from their conversations and aspirations, they were more worldly minded than seeing this world as just a veil in front of the one to come. Who are we to demand the miraculous which is Gods to give, when He has blessed us with so much wealth, health and love. Rather we should go to meet our maker rejoicing that He has done so much, Amen.

Now I say this after losing dear friends to cancer, and some who the Lord graciously healed through medicine.
So if this is rubbish, I do not know what you regard as truth, I just rest in Christ my Saviour.

Who are all these people that you are talking about? May I suggest you are reading the wrong stuff. We can ALL find fault with everything if we look hard enough, but I have to admit my favourite reading is what God is doing, not what God is not doing. And you need to develop the ability to let things go through to the keeper like I do so that this verse can be your experience Phillipians 4:8 For the rest, brothers, whatever is true, whatever honourable, whatever is right, whatever pure, whatever lovely, whatever of good report, if of any virtue, and if of any praise, think on these things.

marksman

Feb 27, 2008
Melbourne Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
This is where you miss-understand me.
Much of what is claimed as a spiritual statement is something said in an emotional fervour.

The essential point it is not from God. Most is from peoples imaginations.
Look at the prophetic web sites, the reams of prophecy that does not come true.

Take Bill Johnson saying 80% of what is claimed is wrong.
And yes believers want so badly to have an encounter with Jesus they will say a dentists filling and crown has appeared by a miracle when they know the dentist put it there.

When people are happy to be this deluded, satan does not have to be involved, the work is already done.
So a man stands on stage and says gold dust on his hands shows God is blessing him.
Except he is lying and the gold dust was on his hair, which he planted so he could make this claim.

A sincere sister in the Lord wanted so badly to witness the Lords blessing and presence, she had a prophecy when her baby would be born, on which day, 5 days prior to the birth. She got it wrong. I honour her enthusiasm, but realise she is totally miss-understanding the emphasis of our walk in Christ. Love and the heart are our foundation, the Lords miraculous actions are confirmation of His presence, no more, no less.

Unfortunately I have met too many who call me demon possessed and anti-christ to just state this reality. One person said God did not need a cleansed resolved heart, because this was the age of the miraculous, and the heart was desperately wicked, so should be ignored.

If you want more confused, unsaved and lost folk, it is those who do not understand Jesus is all about the heart, nothing but the heart and eternally we are saved because of our cleansed heart.

Much of what is claimed as a spiritual statement is something said in an emotional fervour. HOW DO YOU KNOW?

And yes believers want so badly to have an encounter with Jesus they will say a dentists filling and crown has appeared by a miracle when they know the dentist put it there. HOW DO YOU KNOW?

The essential point it is not from God. Most is from peoples imaginations. HOW DO YOU KNOW?

Look at the prophetic web sites, the reams of prophecy that does not come true. SO WHAT? DO YOU ONLY READ THE NEGATIVE AND REFUSE TO SEE THE POSITIVE?

Take Bill Johnson saying 80% of what is claimed is wrong. GENERALLY SPEAKING I DON'T TAKE BILL JOHNSON.

So a man stands on stage and says gold dust on his hands shows God is blessing him. Except he is lying and the gold dust was on his hair, which he planted so he could make this claim. HOW DO YOU KNOW?

A sincere sister in the Lord wanted so badly to witness the Lords blessing and presence, she had a prophecy when her baby would be born, on which day, 5 days prior to the birth. She got it wrong. I honour her enthusiasm, but realise she is totally miss-understanding the emphasis of our walk in Christ. ANECDOTAL STORIES ARE NOT EVIDENCE.

If you want more confused, unsaved and lost folk, it is those who do not understand Jesus is all about the heart, nothing but the heart and eternally we are saved because of our cleansed heart. THAT IS THE BEGINNING. ONLY CHILDREN STAY THERE.

What I want to know is if this threat is about supernatural encounters, and it is clear you have never had one, why are you commenting? WE are not interested in what people THINK about supernatural encounters. We want to hear from people who have experienced them. As you haven't I think that you are being dishonest making any comment at all.

It is a bit like me starting a thread about people's experience if they have owned a Ford car and you talk about your ownership of a Chevrolet. Not on brother and the sooner you realise the better.

marksman

Feb 27, 2008
Melbourne Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Yes, I had wanted clarity. I have come across a lot of believers who do not believe that the "holy laughter" movement is of God, but at the same time, they refer to methodology that invites such an event to occur by praying to the Holy Ghost or praying for the Holy Ghost to be sent into the worship place to reach the lost and yet the Holy Spirit is in us to do that so why believe the Holy Spirit would be in the worship place outside of us where the spirit of the antichrist dwells? They do this because those that err believes that the Holy Spirit is the One that draws men to the Lord and convinces them, but it is the Father that specifically does that per John 6:44 and the reference they use for the Holy Spirit convincing sinners is applied wrong from John 16:8-9 when it is about Him convicting sinners for not believing in Him.

John 6:44 No man can come to me, except the Father which hath sent me draw him: and I will raise him up at the last day.

John 16:8 And when he is come, he will reprove the world of sin, and of righteousness, and of judgment: 9 Of sin, because they believe not on me;

Anyway, my oldest brother says he thinks that stuff is crazy and yet he prays to the Holy Ghost. When that stuff happens, he is going to think that was the Holy Spirit because he was praying to Him at the time that it had happened.

That is how the Lord led me to discern how the holy laughter movement went across the denomination in 1994 as happening in Catholic & Protestant churches, not all churches, but it was happening in other denominations as gathering grapes of thorns and figs of thistles; the fruit of a false prophet.

Matthew 7:15 Beware of false prophets, which come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly they are ravening wolves.16 Ye shall know them by their fruits. Do men gather grapes of thorns, or figs of thistles?

That is why it also applies to the Promise Keepers' program and the Graham's Crusade for not converting any one out from their denomination, but sending them back to the Catholic Church.

Anyway, there are a lot of teaching and misapplication of scripture and practices that lays the foundation for believers to be led astray even though they can judge that holy laughter movement as clearly not of the Lord.

I try to tell modern day tongue speakers that the holy laughter movement is from the same tree in how they had gained tongues without interpretation and thus assumed for private use by receiving what they believe was the Holy Spirit apart from the calling of the gospel when they were saved by faith in Jesus Christ. I saw someone ( maybe in another forum ) reporting that the tongue speaker tried to stop a slain in the spirit event from being pursued in his church and he fell and the guy reporting it, gloated about it. The member "Amadeus" did "like" his post. I remember that part, too.

When any one speaks of receiving the Holy Spirit apart from the calling of the gospel when they were saved, it is the same methodology for how these holy laughter movement occurs. Tongue speakers may say holy laughter or slain in the spirit is not of God, but that is how they got that tongues and why they would fall to even such an apostate event as slain in the spirit or the holy laughter movement.

Sorry, if I had offended you, but yeah, clarity was needed because I was wondering if what you were saying was how they were saying from the Book of Acts for why they believe that believers can receive a continual filling of the Holy Spirit so they can minister to others or whatever. Some believers speak to the principle of being filled with the Spirit and seeking to be filled with the Spirit, but not actually to the phenomenon itself, but yet they leave themselves wide open to believing that phenomenon is of Him when it happens to them rather than just thinking it in principle.

Scripture testifies we are always Spirit-filled since our salvation for why we are accountable to what we sow towards because we are in this body of death still; do we sow to the works of the flesh or remained filled with the Spirit in sowing to the fruits of the Spirit by faith in Jesus Christ to finish His work in us to His glory? Philippians 1:6,11 Believers misapply Ephesians 5:18 as if that justifies in principle of seeking to be filled with the Spirit when it is just a call to remain sober thus be Spirit-filled with the fruit of temperance which is self control.

So, yeah. I am glad you know the holy laughter movement is of God, but just wanted to make sure you knew you are always Spirit-filled and not seeking to be filled by the Holy Spirit to be "full of the Spirit" in ministry when Luke was just explaining how His disciples did what they did in Acts.

My folks' home has been accessed by people during the night and when we were away, trying their best not to leave any trace that they did, and failing as they have switched out stuff like food for spoiled food, taken DVD and some were returned to mess with me, emptied my ear medication with water and I had thought it was fuller than it was supposed to be but my doctor told me I had water in my ear and so that was that.

I have to consider that they had access to the computer to wi fi it, but enough of that possibility since it could be a hacker; maybe them, I dunno. God knows. I may have more persecutors than I care to know. He is Lord and He is carrying me through it. My treasure is in Heaven.

More pseudo advice from an armchair critic.

marksman

Feb 27, 2008
Melbourne Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
yes, it neglects that He has already given “wealth” 2 Corinthians 6:10-11 As sorrowful, yet alway rejoicing; as poor, yet making many rich; as having nothing, and yet possessing all things. [11] O ye Corinthians, our mouth is open unto you, our heart is enlarged.

And “health” Isaiah 58:8-12 Then shall thy light break forth as the morning, and thine health shall spring forth speedily: and thy righteousness shall go before thee; the glory of the Lord shall be thy rereward. [9] Then shalt thou call, and the Lord shall answer; thou shalt cry, and he shall say, Here I am. If thou take away from the midst of thee the yoke, the putting forth of the finger, and speaking vanity; [10] And if thou draw out thy soul to the hungry, and satisfy the afflicted soul; then shall thy light rise in obscurity, and thy darkness be as the noonday: [11] And the Lord shall guide thee continually, and satisfy thy soul in drought, and make fat thy bones: and thou shalt be like a watered garden, and like a spring of water, whose waters fail not. [12] And they that shall be of thee shall build the old waste places: thou shalt raise up the foundations of many generations; and thou shalt be called, The repairer of the breach, The restorer of paths to dwell in.

John 4:13-14 Jesus answered and said unto her, Whosoever drinketh of this water shall thirst again: [14] But whosoever drinketh of the water that I shall give him shall never thirst; but the water that I shall give him shall be in him a well of water springing up into everlasting life.

Your God is too small. You may be an either-or Christian but I am not. I am everything he wants to give no reservations. Sorry to hear about your God.

marksman

Feb 27, 2008
Melbourne Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I can understand that but you have to see the evidence to know why I believe that. I have seen recently on a TV show or movie where drug addicts would break into their family homes and steal something from the parents, hoping they don't notice it gone when they pawn stuff for money to buy drugs. I believe it was an episode from "Terminator, the Sarah Conner Chronicles".

My brother has broken into the house before and he has stolen before, but I don't think he was the one doing it all this time. He has died from lung and brain cancer last year so it is hard to know if he shared the key to the place with others or not. But there are indications that they are just doing stuff to make sport with me at my expense more than just to steal to buy drugs. I'll stop there. Anyway, there is cause for my paranoia. FYI

Paranoia? Your God is too small. You choose to serve an inferior God who is able to very little as you put him into a box that you don't want him to get out of in case he does something that you don't like. Plain as day.

marksman

Feb 27, 2008
Melbourne Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
A shorter response; I do not see anything like that in scripture for why the Holy Spirit would do that then thru that brother on that Portuguese when the Portuguese can speak in English himself of what he was saying in Portuguese.

All that did was bring the spotlight on that brother that he can interpret Portuguese finally after all that time of the Portuguese worshiping God in that language when on his own time, he could have learned that language in a short period of time to translate it properly. The brother supposedly got his fifteen minutes of fame at that point. That is all I suspect had happened, because God insists that there be two or three witnesses speaking in tongues before the Holy Spirit would interpret the established testimony in those 2 or 3 tongues.

John 8:17 It is also written in your law, that the testimony of two men is true.

So only one speaking in their native language does not constitute an established testimony for the Holy Spirit to even bother to interpret.

This sums you up beautifully. I DO NOT SEE THAT IN SCRIPTURE. Because you do not see then no one else is allowed to see it and if they do then they are wrong. Is your middle name Mr. Almighty?

Reactions: amadeus

marksman

Feb 27, 2008
Melbourne Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
My discourse with brother Amadeus has made him angry, but my response was not in anger but maintaining the truth about what he is involved in for how his vague application of scripture metaphorically is wrong as I applied it back to him with the Lord's help for how that metaphor can apply to him in what he is doing.

There it is again. I am right and you are wrong. Funny how no one agrees with you. I guess we will have to carry our cross and accept that we are right and you are wrong....BIG TIME.

marksman

Feb 27, 2008
Melbourne Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
yes, it neglects that He has already given “wealth” 2 Corinthians 6:10-11 As sorrowful, yet alway rejoicing; as poor, yet making many rich; as having nothing, and yet possessing all things. [11] O ye Corinthians, our mouth is open unto you, our heart is enlarged.

And “health” Isaiah 58:8-12 Then shall thy light break forth as the morning, and thine health shall spring forth speedily: and thy righteousness shall go before thee; the glory of the Lord shall be thy rereward. [9] Then shalt thou call, and the Lord shall answer; thou shalt cry, and he shall say, Here I am. If thou take away from the midst of thee the yoke, the putting forth of the finger, and speaking vanity; [10] And if thou draw out thy soul to the hungry, and satisfy the afflicted soul; then shall thy light rise in obscurity, and thy darkness be as the noonday: [11] And the Lord shall guide thee continually, and satisfy thy soul in drought, and make fat thy bones: and thou shalt be like a watered garden, and like a spring of water, whose waters fail not. [12] And they that shall be of thee shall build the old waste places: thou shalt raise up the foundations of many generations; and thou shalt be called, The repairer of the breach, The restorer of paths to dwell in.

John 4:13-14 Jesus answered and said unto her, Whosoever drinketh of this water shall thirst again: [14] But whosoever drinketh of the water that I shall give him shall never thirst; but the water that I shall give him shall be in him a well of water springing up into everlasting life.

You quote verses but anyone can do that so what are you saying?

marksman

Feb 27, 2008
Melbourne Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Questionable. I could believe that if it wasn't for 1 Corinthians 14:27-28 for why foreigners were to be commanded not to speak as they were speaking out of turn when 2 or 3 were speaking in tongues as manifested by the Holy Spirit, and another interpret. I can understand that he knows what he is speaking as God does to; not that he was speaking to God per the scripture reference, but that God understood what he was saying as he does too. That was why he was commanded to be silent because he speaks unto himself ( meaning he is speaking his actual native language for why he understand skit ) and speaking unto God ( meaning not speaking TO God per se but that God understood what he was saying too.

Granted, your testimony was about a foreigner worshiping God in worship in his native foreign language, and someone else supposedly prayed to interpret what he was saying in English. Can it happen? Can any one else confirm that he did not really know the language? As it is, I am not sure why the Holy Spirit would bother to interpret it when there are not 2 or 3 doing the speaking.

That is one of the silliest comments I have ever read about speaking in tongues. obviously from an armchair critic.

So it is questionable to me for one person to interpret as by the Holy Spirit, on one person speaking in his native tongue for that to be true.
Here we go again. The sum total of Christianity is me. If "me" cannot understand something then it is wrong. Talk about an armchair critic.

As it is, I am not sure why the Holy Spirit would bother to interpret it when there are not 2 or 3 doing the speaking.

"I am not sure..." You just stay there in your uncertainty and we will advance and grow in the truth which is not subject to "I" "and "me" that you are so fond of.

Enow

Feb 5, 2020
Hermitage
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It is very clear from these comments that you are an armchair critic of the supernatural. All you are doing is spouting what you think happens or should happen but have no actual experience of what does happen. And as this thread is about your EXPERIENCE of the supernatural, why are you commenting as you have no experience? That is totally dishonest on your part as all you are doing is trying to convince people that the supernatural is the product of Satan. PEOPLE I MIGHT ADD WHO KNOW IT IS NOT.

Just as it is clear to me that you do not use scripture to test the spirits but believe every one falling on you to be of God, thus ignoring the apostle John's warning in 1 John 4:1-6 altogether & Paul's warning about those who preach another Jesus, another spirit to receive which they have not received, thus ongoing, and another gospel in 2 Corinthians 11:3-4. There are more scripture for how those armchair critics are the ones you really despise.

1 Timothy 4:1-2 has Paul warning of seducing spirits and doctrines of devils and if that video exposing "holy laughter" is not evidence of what is evil before Pentecost had come for the birth of the church, then you are the one taking experience over scripture as an armchair critic on the Word of God. You can't tell a seducing spirits from the real indwelling Holy Ghost now because you think every spirit that falls on you is of God & that's wrong.

Enow

Feb 5, 2020
Hermitage
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There is no such thing as a holy laughter movement. The Welsh revival was not a movement. It was a visitation of God that brought deep conviction of sin that filled the churches and emptied the pubs.

The 700 Club reported the "holy laughter" movement going across the denominational divide as happening in Catholic and Protestant churches as it was no longer a streamlined event in Pentecostal/Charismatic churches in 1994.

The Welsh movement is similar to what I have seen today in one report about how drug addict says he no longer does drugs any more, because he gets high on the "Spirit". But back then, it was instead of drunkenness by that spirit. Thing was, the after report had them going back to alcohol when those spirits stopped visiting. So will drug addicts today. Exchanging one high for another or one drunkenness for another is not how you "change" lives.

So the focus on the spirit and their visitation with signs and wonders in the worship place or the assembly of any kind is wrong just as such focus defines that action as "instead of Christ" as in "instead of the Son" in worship. prayer and fellowship. Those spirits are the spirits of antichrists while the real Holy Spirit had been in you since your salvation at the calling of the gospel when you had first believed, brother. May the Lord Jesus Christ wake you up.

Enow

Feb 5, 2020
Hermitage
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
More pseudo advice from an armchair critic.

Probably what you would say to the apostle John, the apostle Paul, and even Jesus Christ.

John 14:6 Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.... 16 And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you for ever; 17 Even the Spirit of truth; whom the world cannot receive, because it seeth him not, neither knoweth him: but ye know him; for he dwelleth with you, and shall be in you.

Reactions: FollowHim

Enow

Feb 5, 2020
Hermitage
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Granted, your testimony was about a foreigner worshiping God in worship in his native foreign language, and someone else supposedly prayed to interpret what he was saying in English. Can it happen? Can any one else confirm that he did not really know the language? As it is, I am not sure why the Holy Spirit would bother to interpret it when there are not 2 or 3 doing the speaking.

That is one of the silliest comments I have ever read about speaking in tongues. obviously from an armchair critic.

So it is questionable to me for one person to interpret as by the Holy Spirit, on one person speaking in his native tongue for that to be true.
Here we go again. The sum total of Christianity is me. If "me" cannot understand something then it is wrong. Talk about an armchair critic.

As it is, I am not sure why the Holy Spirit would bother to interpret it when there are not 2 or 3 doing the speaking.

"I am not sure..." You just stay there in your uncertainty and we will advance and grow in the truth which is not subject to "I" "and "me" that you are so fond of.

I was discerning it with Him as I was typing the post. No. That guy learned the language seeing how the "foreigner" has been doing it for some time during service before he "translated" it. One can learn the language fast these days and even faster when exposed to it weekly even. So no.

If that foreigner was singing the same song they were all singing in English, what a faster way to learn a language still. Not sure why he would sing a different song in Portuguese from the rest but all the translator needs to do is know certain key words at the beginning of known songs he has sung in Portuguese to translate the rest of the song in English by heart.

The definite "no" is because the Holy Spirit does not work that way for manifesting the gift of interpretation. That guy that did the translating was just getting his 15 minutes of fame. No one was edified by it if they were all singing the same song in English in worship. So vanity is the Holy Ghost? No. Vanity is the guy translating it.

I try to have an open mind about anything, but we are called to discern it by the word of God and since there are abuses with these "gifts", and fakers as well, it may take me a while to discern that with Him, but it can be judged.

As it is, you have no line of discernment in testing the spirits and you are open to any con that comes along. One person say they can speak in a language and interpret that same language that was just spoken by that person, and I will say that person knows that language and that was not an example of either gift as coming from the Holy Spirit in that person. If that same person claim that they did not know the language, but they interpret that tongue by the Holy Spirit, then I point to the scriptures in 1 Corinthians 12:7-14 & 19-21 before I tell that person they need to repent for lying like that.

As it is, it is no wonder why you believe everything as you are falling for everything. Discerning the spirits is also a gift of the Spirit or do you think that have ceased?

I can believe the gift of tongues & interpretation of tongues can be still manifested in outward ministry, but if anyone starts giving examples of such a thing and say that tongue was gained by what they believe was the Holy Spirit falling on them later on in life as a saved believer, then I recognize it as deception and a lie even though I cannot tell the person telling it that they are lying when they may just be deceived in believing that story to be true.

Name one incident where you discern the spirit as not of Him and why, or testify how you caught a faker and what you did in knowledge of that. If you say you have not done any armchair critic in either case, then you are not really convincing any one that you are on your toes for why you fall for anything, even supernaturally.

Last edited:

FollowHim

Aug 22, 2019
London
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Much of what is claimed as a spiritual statement is something said in an emotional fervour. HOW DO YOU KNOW?

And yes believers want so badly to have an encounter with Jesus they will say a dentists filling and crown has appeared by a miracle when they know the dentist put it there. HOW DO YOU KNOW?

The essential point it is not from God. Most is from peoples imaginations. HOW DO YOU KNOW?

Look at the prophetic web sites, the reams of prophecy that does not come true. SO WHAT? DO YOU ONLY READ THE NEGATIVE AND REFUSE TO SEE THE POSITIVE?

Take Bill Johnson saying 80% of what is claimed is wrong. GENERALLY SPEAKING I DON'T TAKE BILL JOHNSON.

So a man stands on stage and says gold dust on his hands shows God is blessing him. Except he is lying and the gold dust was on his hair, which he planted so he could make this claim. HOW DO YOU KNOW?

A sincere sister in the Lord wanted so badly to witness the Lords blessing and presence, she had a prophecy when her baby would be born, on which day, 5 days prior to the birth. She got it wrong. I honour her enthusiasm, but realise she is totally miss-understanding the emphasis of our walk in Christ. ANECDOTAL STORIES ARE NOT EVIDENCE.

If you want more confused, unsaved and lost folk, it is those who do not understand Jesus is all about the heart, nothing but the heart and eternally we are saved because of our cleansed heart. THAT IS THE BEGINNING. ONLY CHILDREN STAY THERE.

What I want to know is if this threat is about supernatural encounters, and it is clear you have never had one, why are you commenting? WE are not interested in what people THINK about supernatural encounters. We want to hear from people who have experienced them. As you haven't I think that you are being dishonest making any comment at all.

It is a bit like me starting a thread about people's experience if they have owned a Ford car and you talk about your ownership of a Chevrolet. Not on brother and the sooner you realise the better.
I know these things because I have experienced them first hand.
Clearly you have not experienced very much, because what I have listed is what most see.
Occasionally the Lord does heal, and Amen to that.

"it is clear you have never had one"
Dare I suggest just like those you support, you do not know my experience or my insight.
But for you I have to be wrong, though I would hold 100% I am right, and have held these views for the last 40 years, and have just seen first hand everything that confirms this view to be true.

There are millions of born again spirit filled believers who hold my position, because it is what they see and believe, because God has revealed it to them through His word and through their hearts seeing the truth worked out. God bless you.

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You quote verses but anyone can do that so what are you saying?

Concerning the verses? He has given wealth as Paul spoke of there ...treasure kept by God where no thief approaches. He contrasted that which appears poor in the world yet possesses all things in Christ. So money “wealth” or “being rich” is not that of the world but comes from God. Same as health...consider Saul and then Paul ....something happened where that young Saul men idolized and laid their coats at his feet after Stephen is stoned becomes weak in mens sight, “detestable” he said. Yet this is when Paul said he was strong and Gods power rested on him so men would know the power was of God and not of men. God speaks of a garden well watered, with water which doesn’t fail. He contrasted this with water men drink of and thirst again...yet spoke of another “living water” where His garden would flourish and never be dry again. Springing forth with health “healing”. Point is He offers this living water to all who thirst. Opposite of the healing ministry’s seen or the tongues or the holy laughter. God said He gives a joy no man can take away, tried with fire. A peace no man can take away, tried with fire. Opposite of the peace and joy given of the world. A “pure language” which the whole body is turned (to Him)and receives of the Spirit of God. ONE voice.(Zephaniah 3:9). Offered to the whole. Wealth. Healing. Springing fourth of the fruits of righteousness which are by Jesus Christ.

Last edited:
Reactions: Nancy

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Your God is too small. You may be an either-or Christian but I am not. I am everything he wants to give no reservations. Sorry to hear about your God.

God is far from small. He stretches far beyond mens fear of losing the perks of this life and gives that which does not perish. About the congregations and masses gathering in large churches some at the front experiencing gold dust and each a special tongue....if all the supernatural is true and they all possess the supernatural ...and I am not saying they do not...I am asking why then are they not going to those there that lack and giving what they have received of God so the whole functions “together”...all going away filled and rejoicing “joyful” as the topic is holy laughter.(joy and praise unto the Lord) Wouldn’t love of giving what you have been given multiply ‘Holy laughter’. (Joy and praise unto the Lord). Why instead do only some feed while others go away completely empty and hungry? Those going away completely hungry and empty ...unseen. Never known, never heard...while those maintain the supernatural experience week after week for themselves? Unless I’ve misunderstood the Lords table and gathering in His name ...If you have received ...then don’t eat before those others who have not?? Instead tend to their needs...

Last edited:
Reactions: Nancy

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God is far from small. He stretches far beyond mens fear of losing the perks of this life and gives that which does not perish. About the congregations and masses gathering in large churches some at the front experiencing gold dust and each a special tongue....if all the supernatural is true and they all possess the supernatural ...and I am not saying they do not...I am asking why then are they not going to those there that lack and giving what they have received of God so the whole functions “together”...all going away filled and rejoicing “joyful” as the topic is holy laughter.(joy and praise unto the Lord) Wouldn’t love of giving what you have been given multiply ‘Holy laughter’. (Joy and praise unto the Lord). Why instead do only some feed while others go away completely empty and hungry? Those going away completely hungry and empty ...unseen. Never known, never heard...while those maintain the supernatural experience week after week for themselves? Unless I’ve misunderstood the Lords table and gathering in His name ...If you have received ...then don’t eat before those others who have not?? Instead tend to their needs...

but then again...maybe I am wrong. Acts 27:34-36 Wherefore I pray you to take some meat: for this is for your health: for there shall not an hair fall from the head of any of you. [35] And when he had thus spoken, he took bread, and gave thanks to God in presence of them all: and when he had broken it, he began to eat. [36] Then were they all of good cheer, and they also took some meat.