The Atonement: What did it REALLY Accomplish?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scott Downey

Dec 19, 2021
New Brunswick
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
12 In the meantime, when an innumerable multitude of people had gathered together, so that they trampled one another, He began to say to His disciples first of all, “Beware of the leaven of the Pharisees, which is hypocrisy Luke 12:12

Believe the word of God.

Luke 12:12 does not say that.

Hypocrisy is but one of the false doctrines of the Pharisees, they also denied He was Christ. They enjoyed many sins, and did not have good fruit. Of course for them it was impossible as they were of Satan. Satan also means adversary to Christ. They desired to control the people as rulers
upload_2022-2-6_8-23-14.png

Scott Downey

Dec 19, 2021
New Brunswick
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Jesus never taught this, but actually spoke of rewards to those who offered as little as a cup of water to His disciples for His names sake. I've read the scriptures many times and they clearly teach that condemnation is the result of rejecting Christ and His gospel, not of ignorance of Him or His gospel. More than this is from human doctrines, misunderstanding scripture, and a wiiful misappropriation of scripture to support unsound doctrine and redefine God in man's evil image rather than be transformed into His righteous image revealed in the person of His Son. Tell me what soul was ever condemned by Jesus while He ministered in the flesh. Name one and I'll never post on this site again. I know that's impossible according to the Lord's own words:
17 For God did not send His Son into the world to condemn the world, but that the world through Him might be saved.
18 “He who believes in Him is not condemned; but he who does not believe is condemned already, because he has not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.
John 3:17-18
Now if you believe that Jesus "pre" condemned all those who are ignorant of His person, name, and word, what kind of spirit do you think that you serve? But, I'm not your judge, the Lord is. When you stand to give account of your words, will you blame some theologian for your attitude toward the lost?
Will He commend you for usurping His authority in judgment?

So, why do you "shrink back from the whole counsel of God" or are you misunderstanding it and Him?

54 And when His disciples James and John saw this, they said, “Lord, do You want us to command fire to come down from heaven and consume them, just as Elijah did?”
55 But He turned and rebuked them, and said, “You do not know what manner of spirit you are of. 56 For the Son of Man did not come to destroy men’s lives but to save them. And they went to another village.
Luke 9:54-56

For whoever is ashamed of Me and My words in this adulterous and sinful generation, of him the Son of Man also will be ashamed when He comes in the glory of His Father with the holy angels. Mark 8:38

Has the "Son of Man" changed?

8 Jesus Christ is the same yesterday, today, and forever. Hebrews 13:7-9

The word of God reveals the heart of man and its first application is always to our own hearts so that we might understand our carnal nature and repent of sin.
Never taught those things? Well He spoke them.
You are misappropriating scriptures to try to make some kind of contentious point in your own mind.

Tell me what is the purpose of Parables that Jesus spoke?

brightfame52

Oct 16, 2020
Atlanta
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
More on the Accomplishments !

Jesus blood shed was in order to sanctify the people, those people he shed His blood for Heb 13:12

12 Wherefore Jesus also, that he might sanctify the people with his own blood, suffered without the gate.

Those Jesus Christ died for, it ensures them, the sanctifying work of the Holy Spirit and the belief of the Truth 2 Thess 2:13

13 But we are bound to give thanks alway to God for you, brethren beloved of the Lord, because God hath from the beginning chosen you to salvation through sanctification of the Spirit and belief of the truth:

He prays for this very blessing right here Jn 17:19,20

19 And for their sakes I sanctify myself, that they also might be sanctified through the truth. [ see Heb 13:12]

20 Neither pray I for these alone, but for them also which shall believe on me through their word;

This applies to all future believers, for Jesus says which shall believe !

Thats a promise that they shall believe, because of the sanctifying work of the Holy Ghost in them.

All this by the blood of Christ, what He accomplished !

Reactions: rwb

brightfame52

Oct 16, 2020
Atlanta
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It ensures belief of the Truth

The death of Christ, as i have shown from scripture, ensures sanctification fo those who He died Jn 17:17,19

17 Sanctify them through thy truth: thy word is truth.

19 And for their sakes I sanctify myself, that they also might be sanctified through the truth.

So, Jesus death ensures the Sovereign sanctiying work of the Holy Spirit, which results in belief of the Truth.

2 Thess 2:13

13 But we are bound to give thanks alway to God for you, brethren beloved of the Lord, because God hath from the beginning chosen you to salvation through sanctification of the Spirit and belief of the truth:

Its absolutely impossible for anyone whom Christ died, not to believe the Truth as it is in Christ Jesus, for the Holy Ghost of His, is for certain to lead every blood sanctified soul into the Truth Jn 16:13

13 Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth:

So all those God wills to be saved and come into the Knowledge of the Truth as per 1 Tim 2:4

4 who desires all men to be saved and to come to the knowledge of the truth.

They will sooner or later be subjects of the Sovereign Sanctifying work of the Spirit unto belief of the Truth.

This is a accomplishment of the Atonement of Christ.

Scott Downey

Dec 19, 2021
New Brunswick
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Obviously God doesn't will every single person to come to the knowledge of the truth in this life, or all would be saved.
see if any of you can find in scripture about who gets to know who Christ is, know Him, and be saved.
And if you do find that, why don't you believe it? Or do you believe it? Maybe you don't want to believe the truth of the matter, as in your mind, that will make God a monster. I have heard people respond like that.

brightfame52

Oct 16, 2020
Atlanta
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Redemption from all iniquity !

Titus 2:14

14 Who gave himself for us[Died], that he might redeem us from all iniquity, and purify [cleanse see Eph 5:26] unto himself a peculiar people, zealous of good works.

The Atonement of Christ has been successful, and has accomplished that what God intended.

It was for redemption from all iniquity [ to include unbelief] and purification from all sin and unrighteousness. For that was the Divine Purpose for which Christ gave Himself for His People [ church], in order that they should be Holy and blameless before God in Love, unto which cause God chose and predestinated them, that they should be conformed to the Holy Image of His Son, hence it was not possible for not one sin to be committed, which was outside of the counsel and purpose of God, and for which Christ did not give Himself for as an Offering, and make a full and perfect Atonement.12

brightfame52

Oct 16, 2020
Atlanta
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
1 Pet 2:24

24 Who his own self bare our sins in his own body on the tree, that we, being dead to sins, should live unto righteousness: by whose stripes ye were healed.

The healing [ Spiritually] is the sure effect and benefit of His stripes [ or atonement], and His death in His own body on the Tree for sins of His church, His elect, His sheep, without fail secures and ensures their death to sin, and their being made alive to righteousness, even the righteousness of Faith.

Many today really do not understand the power of Christ death and it's accomplishments.

• Love

brightfame52

Oct 16, 2020
Atlanta
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Purpose and accomplishment of Christ death

2 Cor 5:15

15 And that he died for all, that they which live should not henceforth live unto themselves, but unto him which died for them, and rose again.

Paul here in this context gives us another purpose and accomplishment of Christ death for sinners.

He died for all [ the called or chosen or church] that [in order that] they which live [ spiritually] should henceforth [ no longer, no more] live unto themselves, but [ nevertheless , rather] unto Him which died for them, and rose again.

So the very death of Christ, produces in them He died for, a life of self sacrifice, and living unto Him, the crucified life.

This is why Paul boasted in the power of the cross in his own life writing Gal 6:14

14But God forbid that I should glory, save in the cross of our Lord Jesus Christ, by whom the world is crucified unto me, and I unto the world.

The cross effects each life of those Christ died for to one degree or another, but it produces results, it bears fruit. Jn 12:24

24 Verily, verily, I say unto you, Except a corn of wheat fall into the ground and die, it abideth alone: but if it die, it bringeth forth much fruit.

brightfame52

Oct 16, 2020
Atlanta
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Redemption provides New Birth !

One of the reasons why Christ came to this earth, was to be made under the Law, for His Members [ of His Body] in order to redeem them from the curse of the Law, and that they may receive the Adoption of Sons !

Gal 4:4-5

4 But when the fulness of the time was come, God sent forth his Son, made of a woman, made under the law,

5 To redeem them that were under the law, that we might receive the adoption of sons.

That is to receive the Spirit of Adoption. Rom 8:15

For ye have not received the spirit of bondage again to fear; but ye have received the Spirit of adoption, whereby we cry, Abba, Father.

This Spirit is given Sovereignly to all Christ redeemed with His blood, simply, all for whom He died !

brightfame52

Oct 16, 2020
Atlanta
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Made of a women for who ?

Gal 4:4-6

4 But when the fulness of the time was come, God sent forth his Son, made of a woman, made under the law,

5 To redeem them that were under the law, that we might receive the adoption of sons.

6 And because ye are sons, God hath sent forth the Spirit of his Son into your hearts, crying, Abba, Father.

The objects of redemption when Christ was made of a women, that is, when He was made Flesh and Blood, it was not for all of mankind, but for the seed of Abraham per Heb 2:14-16

14 Forasmuch then as the children are partakers of flesh and blood, he also himself likewise took part of the same; that through death he might destroy him that had the power of death, that is, the devil;

15 And deliver them who through fear of death were all their lifetime subject to bondage.

16 For verily he took not on him the nature of angels; but he took on him the seed of Abraham.

His Flesh and Blood Identification, when made under the Law, born of a women [ The virgin birth] was limited to a certain segment of mankind, the seed of Abraham.

And this seed, was not limited to a certain segment of mankind, as the jews may have thought, but it consisted in all who would believe in Christ, jew or gentile Gal 3:29

And if ye be Christ's, then are ye Abraham's seed, and heirs according to the promise.

So, Christ was made under the Law, born of a women, to Redeem the seed of Abraham, all those who should believe in Him through the Spirit of adoption !

Redemption secures unto Christ believers in Him [of the seed of Abraham], by the Working of the Spirit of Adoption !

brightfame52

Oct 16, 2020
Atlanta
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
In being made of a woman and made under law, He took on the seed of Abraham and not the seed of mankind in general, for all mankind is not the Seed of Abraham Heb 2:16

16 For verily he took not on him the nature of angels; but he took on him the seed of Abraham.

Now in taking on the seed of Abraham, Paul says that He was made sin for us !

2 Cor 5:21

21 For he hath made him to be sin for us [The seed of Abraham], who knew no sin; that we might be made the righteousness of God in him.

Who are the us in 2 Cor 5:21 that Paul is referring to ? Is it all mankind without exception ? No it is not. Let us examine the scripture to find the answer. " When the fulness of time had come, God sent forth His own Son [meaning He was God's Son before Mary's Son], made of a women, made under the law, to redeem [ not to make redemption possible] them [ His members, His body] that were under the Law [Limited redemption]that [in order that] they may receive the adoption of Sons.

Now coming as such [ under the law] He came and took upon Him the seed of Abraham. The seed of Abraham is a chosen people !

Ps 105:6

O ye seed of Abraham his servant, ye children of Jacob his chosen.

Isa 41:8

But thou, Israel, art my servant, Jacob whom I have chosen, the seed of Abraham my friend.

So its plain that He came and Identified with and to redeem a Chosen People, and not the whole world of mankind.

In taking on the seed of Abraham, He took on all their Transgressions, and died for their sins !

Isa 53:4-11

4 Surely he hath borne our [seed of Abraham] griefs, and carried our sorrows: yet we did esteem him stricken, smitten of God, and afflicted.

5 But he was wounded for our transgressions, he was bruised for our iniquities: the chastisement of our peace was upon him; and with his stripes we are healed.

6 All we like sheep have gone astray; we have turned every one to his own way; and the LORD hath laid on him the iniquity of us all.

7 He was oppressed, and he was afflicted, yet he opened not his mouth: he is brought as a lamb to the slaughter, and as a sheep before her shearers is dumb, so he openeth not his mouth.

8 He was taken from prison and from judgment: and who shall declare his generation? for he was cut off out of the land of the living: for the transgression of my people was he stricken.

9 And he made his grave with the wicked, and with the rich in his death; because he had done no violence, neither was any deceit in his mouth.

10 Yet it pleased the LORD to bruise him; he hath put him to grief: when thou shalt make his soul an offering for sin, he shall see his seed [The seed of Abraham], he shall prolong his days, and the pleasure of the LORD shall prosper in his hand.

11 He shall see of the travail of his soul, and shall be satisfied: by his knowledge shall my righteous servant justify many [The seed of Abraham]; for he shall bear their [The seed of Abraham] iniquities.

1 Cor 15:3

3 For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our [The seed of Abraham] sins according to the scriptures;

Yes, in all places above where we see the pronouns our, us, we, their, it refers to the Seed of Abraham !

Lets not forget it is written that He took on the seed of Abraham Heb 2:16

brightfame52

Oct 16, 2020
Atlanta
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
More on the accomplishment of the Atonement !

In taking on the seed of Abraham, being made sin for us, what does this mean ? Does it mean that He actually became sin , as I understand some believe ? No, not at all; but what it does mean is that He became our sin offering, by bearing our sins Isa 53:11-12

11 He shall see of the travail of his soul, and shall be satisfied: by his knowledge shall my righteous servant justify many; for he shall bear their iniquities.

12 Therefore will I divide him a portion with the great, and he shall divide the spoil with the strong; because he hath poured out his soul unto death: and he was numbered with the transgressors; and he bare the sin of many, and made intercession for the transgressors.

The word bare in this verse is the hebrew word
nasa' and means:

to cause one to bear (iniquity)

To receive the punishment of sin upon oneself for others !

Heb 9:28

28 So Christ was once offered to bear the sins of many; and unto them that look for him shall he appear the second time without sin unto salvation.

1 Pet 2:24

24 Who his own self bare our [seed of Abraham] sins in his own body on the tree, that we, being dead to sins, should live unto righteousness: by whose stripes ye were healed.

1 Jn 3:5

5 And ye know that he was manifested to take away our [seed of Abraham] sins; and in him is no sin.

Like the scape goat, He bare away the sins of Israel, that is took them away cp Jn 1:29

29 The next day John seeth Jesus coming unto him, and saith, Behold the Lamb of God, which taketh away the sin of the world.

Lets not forget in this connection that it is written that he took on the seed of Abraham Heb 2:16

For it was with this seed only He stood Identified with, in lieu of the seed of the serpent !

It was for this seed he bare their sins in His body on the tree, for it was as the seed of Abraham that he was recognized by the law and justice of God, as being responsible for their sins. So He was made a sin offering for their sins, bearing their sins in His body on the Tree.

brightfame52

Oct 16, 2020
Atlanta
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Heb 2:16

For it was with this seed only He stood Identified with, in lieu of the seed of the serpent !

It was for this seed he bare their sins in His body on the tree, for it was as the seed of Abraham that he was recognized by the law and justice of God, as being responsible for their sins. So He was made a sin offering for their sins, bearing their sins in His body on the Tree.

Think with me for a moment, if a crime is committed by ones hand, is it not true that the life of the body of which that hand is a member will be liable to law and justice for the crime ? For that's why it is written that Jesus is the Saviour of the body per Eph 5:23

23 For the husband is the head of the wife, even as Christ is the head of the church: and he is the Saviour of the body.

In line with this Truth and subject, the High Priest confessed the sins of Israel [ the seed of Abraham] only over the head of the scape goat, and it was said their [ Israel's] sins were laid upon the head of the scapegoat and borne away per Lev 16:20-22

20 And when he hath made an end of reconciling the holy place, and the tabernacle of the congregation, and the altar, he shall bring the live goat:

21 And Aaron shall lay both his hands upon the head of the live goat, and confess over him all the iniquities of the children of Israel, and all their transgressions in all their sins, putting them upon the head of the goat, and shall send him away by the hand of a fit man into the wilderness:

22 And the goat shall bear upon him all their iniquities unto a land not inhabited: and he shall let go the goat in the wilderness.

It is in this way Jesus was made sin for the sins of us [ The seed of Abraham] by becoming their sin bearer; for He was also made a curse for His People Gal 3:13

13 Christ hath redeemed us [seed of Abraham] from the curse of the law, being made a curse for us [seed of Abraham]: for it is written, Cursed is every one that hangeth on a tree:

brightfame52

Oct 16, 2020
Atlanta
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Also made a curse !

It is in this way Jesus was made sin for the sins of us [ The seed of Abraham] by becoming their sin bearer; for He was also made a curse for His People Gal 3:13

13 Christ hath redeemed us [seed of Abraham] from the curse of the law, being made a curse for us [seed of Abraham]: for it is written, Cursed is every one that hangeth on a tree:

The first we read of any curse is Gen 3:17

17 And unto Adam he said, Because thou hast hearkened unto the voice of thy wife, and hast eaten of the tree, of which I commanded thee, saying, Thou shalt not eat of it: cursed is the ground for thy sake; in sorrow shalt thou eat of it all the days of thy life;

and this curse is the result of Adam's Sin who BTW is the Forefather of Abraham see Lk 3:34 which was the breaking of the Law of God, the covenant of God, that Adam broke covenant is seen here:

Hos 6:7

But they like men [Adam] have transgressed the covenant: there have they dealt treacherously against me.

Well Christ as the substitute on the cross for the sins of the seed of Abraham, not only bore the curse for them, but became a curse for them, so that, when Christ took away their sin on the Tree, He redeemed them out of the curse of the Law and Covenant Deut 29:21

And the LORD shall separate him unto evil out of all the tribes of Israel, according to all the curses of the covenant that are written in this book of the law:

Gods people whom Christ died for can never be called cursed i.e Num 23:7-8

7 And he took up his parable, and said, Balak the king of Moab hath brought me from Aram, out of the mountains of the east, saying, Come, curse me Jacob, and come, defy Israel.

8 How shall I curse, whom God hath not cursed? or how shall I defy, whom the LORD hath not defied?

cp 2 Cor 5:19 & Rom 8:33

For Christ has become a curse for them already and has borne all their charges !

Now, it should go without saying that those who will yet hear these words from The Saviour, the Seed of Abraham Matt 25:41

41 Then shall he say also unto them on the left hand, Depart from me, ye cursed, into everlasting fire, prepared for the devil and his angels:

cannot be any for whom Christ died for substituted for. Those can be only cursed for this Gal 3:10

10 For as many as are of the works of the law are under the curse: for it is written, Cursed is every one that continueth not in all things which are written in the book of the law to do them.

These are born under the curse of the law and remain so, with no redemption, and so shall hear those dreadful words in the day of Judgment.

They were not of the seed of Abraham or of the woman, but of the seed of the serpent ! see Gen 3:14-15

brightfame52

Oct 16, 2020
Atlanta
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Now, regarding the substitutionary death of Christ for sinners, that in and of itself was not able to meet the righteous demands of God's Law, for to merely punish the innocent and clear the guilty was also a violation of Gods Law which Christ came to fulfill. Prov 17:15

He that justifieth the wicked, and he that condemneth the just, even they both are abomination to the LORD.

However, the Head being Identified with it's body may be charged for the crimes of the body i.e Eph 5:23,30

23 For the husband is the head of the wife, even as Christ is the head of the church: and he is the Saviour of the body.

30 For we are members of his body, of his flesh, and of his bones.

He identified with His body in taking on the seed of Abraham ! He had the redeemers right to redeem His people as the nearest of kin to them, and holding by virtue of a higher status, as the firstborn in the seed of Abraham, because they too partook of flesh and blood Heb 2:14,16b

14 Forasmuch then as the children are partakers of flesh and blood, he also himself likewise took part of the same;

16b but he took on him the seed of Abraham.

You see, He substituted for those who were of the seed of Abraham, they all belonged to the same seed line, He and they !

Jim B

Jun 5, 2020
Santa Fe NM
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Now, regarding the substitutionary death of Christ for sinners, that in and of itself was not able to meet the righteous demands of God's Law, for to merely punish the innocent and clear the guilty was also a violation of Gods Law which Christ came to fulfill. Prov 17:15

He that justifieth the wicked, and he that condemneth the just, even they both are abomination to the LORD.

However, the Head being Identified with it's body may be charged for the crimes of the body i.e Eph 5:23,30

30 For we are members of his body, of his flesh, and of his bones.

He identified with His body in taking on the seed of Abraham ! He had the redeemers right to redeem His people as the nearest of kin to them, and holding by virtue of a higher status, as the firstborn in the seed of Abraham, because they too partook of flesh and blood Heb 2:14,16b

14 Forasmuch then as the children are partakers of flesh and blood, he also himself likewise took part of the same;

16b but he took on him the seed of Abraham.

You see, He substituted for those who were of the seed of Abraham, they all belonged to the same seed line, He and they !

Your posts are too long...

Reactions: GRACE ambassador

brightfame52

Oct 16, 2020
Atlanta
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Eph 2:4-6

When did God make us alive together with Christ ?

Eph 2:4-6

4But God, who is rich in mercy, for his great love wherewith he loved us,

5Even when we were dead in sins, hath quickened us together with Christ, (by grace ye are saved)

6 And hath raised us up together, and made us sit together in heavenly places in Christ Jesus:

The answer to the question is in purpose and objectively we were raised up together with Christ at the same time He was raised up by The Father. That is what Paul is teaching here.

brightfame52

Oct 16, 2020
Atlanta
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Atonement of Christ accomplished the building of Christ Church !

Matt 16:18

18 And I say also unto thee, That thou art Peter, and upon this rock I will build my church; and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it.

Jesus here did not mean a literal church building, but His People, True believers in Him, upon the rock of He being the Christ, the Son of the Living God, and the shedding of His Blood..

Within this statement Jesus ensures there will believers in Himself, that is all that the Father hath given Him. His building His Church produces believers, Notice Jesus states " I will build my Church " take that freewillers, for Christ depends solely on His will and not yours to build His Church.

The word build is the greek word:

oikodomeō and means:

to build a house, erect a building

a) to build (up from the foundation)

b) to restore by building, to rebuild, repair2) metaph.

a) to found, establish

b) to promote growth in Christian wisdom, affection, grace, virtue, holiness, blessedness

c) to grow in wisdom and piety

This Ideal is conveyed in Acts 15 when James quotes scripture prophecy Acts 15:13-16

13 And after they had held their peace, James answered, saying, Men and brethren, hearken unto me:

14 Simeon hath declared how God at the first did visit the Gentiles, to take out[choose] of them a people for his name.

15 And to this agree the words of the prophets; as it is written,

16 After this I will return, and will build again the tabernacle of David, which is fallen down; and I will build again the ruins thereof, and I will set it up:

This also means that Christ Church was in the OT as well.

And Christ assures us that the gates of Hell shall not prevail against it !

The gates of hell cannot prevent one for whom Christ died from believing in Christ nor from going to heaven. If anyone of the church that the blood of Christ purchased as per Acts 20:28b

to feed the church of God, which he hath purchased with his own blood.

If anyone of them perish for their sins, then the gates of hell prevailed against the Church that Christ said He would build. If anyone of that Church dies in unbelief and perish in their sins as per Jn 8:24

24I said therefore unto you, that ye shall die in your sins: for if ye believe not that I am he, ye shall die in your sins.

Then the gates of hell prevailed against Christ building His Church.

If one goes to hell its because the gates of hell prevailed against them, that is the devil prevailed against them.

Unbelief is due to the devil blinding us 2 Cor 4:3

3 But if our gospel be hid, it is hid to them that are lost:

4In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not,

Lk 8:12

12 Those by the way side are they that hear; then cometh the devil, and taketh away the word out of their hearts, lest they should believe and be saved.

So yes, unbelief is due to the devil being victorious ! He prevails preventing one to believe and be saved. Paul says this:

2 Thess 2:10

And with all deceivableness of unrighteousness in them that perish; because they received not the love of the truth, that they might be saved.

Satan, the Devil, the gates of Hell is prevailing against such as these..

But Jesus Christ by His Atoning death will build a community of believers in Him, that shall follow Him..

He says as a complement to Matt 16:18 this Jn 12:32

32 And I, if I be lifted up from the earth, will draw all men unto me.

Thats His building, His drawing all to Him that He was lifted up for as the Son of the Living God.

brightfame52

Oct 16, 2020
Atlanta
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Christ death accomplished purification of sin to all He died for !

Heb 9:13

13 For if the blood of bulls and of goats, and the ashes of an heifer sprinkling the unclean, sanctifieth to the purifying of the flesh:

14 How much more shall the blood of Christ, who through the eternal Spirit offered himself without spot to God, purge your conscience from dead works to serve the living God?

Those who believe that the atoning death of Christ does not purify all for whom He died, you are reducing the precious blood of the Son of God to be even less effective than the blood of bulls and goats, and the ashes of an heifer that accomplished the purifying of the flesh, which was actually a type of what the Blood of Christ does..

Whereas the animal blood only provided outward sanctification and purification, the blood of Christ accomplished a purification of the inmost being, for it [His blood] actually purifies the conscience from dead works to serve the Living God..

Anyone who never comes to serve the Living God, Christ did not shed His blood for them, or His blood was ineffectual .2

Status
Not open for further replies.