The Baptism of the Holy Spirit

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

IanLC

Encounter Team
Mar 22, 2011
North Carolina
"For by one Spirit we were all baptized into one body, whether Jews or Greeks, whether slaves or free, and we were all made to drink of one Spirit." 1 Corinthains 12:13

"As for me, I baptize you with water for repentance, but He who is coming after me is mightier than I, and I am not fit to remove His sandals; He will baptize you with the Holy Spirit and fire." Matthew 3:11

The Baptism of the Holy Spirit is not just a doctrine conjured up by the Pentecostal movement or the Charismatic movement it is a truth set by Jesus in the bible. We are all baptized by water into the body of Christ and by our profession and confession of faith in Jesus Christ we receive the Holy Spirit. The baptism of the Holy Spirit is a second experience that is only given by Jesus Christ and not by man. We all can receive it by prayer and sincere motives. The baptism of the Holy Spirit is a baptism into power and infilling of the Holy Spirit. The Holy Spirit comes into our soul (heart and or belly) the center of our being and begins to work and empower us to do the will of Christ. "Whoever believes in me, as the Scripture has said, streams of living water will flow from within him." John 7:38. With this second experience you allow the Holy Spirit to manifest Himself inside of you. You began to produce the fruit of the Holy Spirit (love, joy, peace, self-control, etc.) and you start to operate in the gifts of the Holy Spirit (prophecy, helps, administration, interpretation, teaching, faith, healing, etc.) and with those gifts ministries of the Holy Spirit began to operate in you (apostle, prophet, pastor, teacher, etc.). You also receive a heavenly language which is given by God. (Acts 2:4, Acts 10:44-45) The baptism of the Holy Spirit also starts to allow the Holy Spirit to sanctify and purify you into holiness in God. This experience and baptism is not just a unecessary thing it is a SUSTAINING experience. It is kind of like God's energy plan and advantage that God gives all believers to help them overcome the enemy. "Behold, I give unto you power to tread on serpents and scorpions, and over all the power of the enemy: and nothing shall by any means hurt you." Luke 10:19. This is a brief synopsis of the experiencea lot more could and can be expounded and expanded to give a more detailed and outlined summary of the experience. It is a very important experince. I have recieved it. If you do not want it that is okay that does not mean you are not saved you just should seek it to live a life filled with the Holy Spirit and a life of power in Jesus.
Humbly Submitted, IANLC

[email protected]

Choir Loft
Apr 2, 2009
West Central Florida
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
There are few subjects which fan the flames of debate as much as the work of the HOLY Spirit in the lives of men. More to the point, its exact purpose and the nature of its indwelling of man; sanctification and the witness of the works of God. Oddly, those that hold with this ideology are seemingly as dogmatic about it as those who contradict it. Neither side ever seems willing to acknowledge a truth or to concede a point. To do so is assumed to risk losing one's 'faith'.

I look forward to a spirited, ideomatic and sometimes foolish discussion in this thread. It can not be otherwise, for blind dead men as well as living seers all post here.

lawrance

Mar 30, 2011
Being baptised does not mean you are saved it's the Holy Spirit that saves as this is what God wants and i would think that all Christians would strive that others to follow in that line, as any other point of view would be lukewarm or cold.

IanLC

Encounter Team
Mar 22, 2011
North Carolina
I agree we all need the Holy Spirit without Him it would be impossible to please God and live according to His statuetes.