The Bible instructs and helps us with our prayers

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
To whom should we pray, and what can we pray about?

Jesus taught that we should pray only to our heavenly Father. Jesus himself prayed to Jehovah. He said: “You must pray, then, this way: ‘Our Father in the heavens . . .’” (Matthew 6:9) When we pray to Jehovah, we strengthen our friendship with him.

We can pray about practically any matter. Of course, for God to answer our prayers, they must be in harmony with his will. “No matter what we ask according to [God’s] will, he hears us.” (1 John 5:14) Jesus gave examples of appropriate things to pray for. (Read Matthew 6:9-13.) In addition to praying about our personal concerns, we must not forget to thank God for what he has done for us and ask him to help others.

Reactions: amadeus and Pierac

Bob Estey

Aug 18, 2021
Sparks, Nevada
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
To whom should we pray, and what can we pray about?

Jesus taught that we should pray only to our heavenly Father. Jesus himself prayed to Jehovah. He said: “You must pray, then, this way: ‘Our Father in the heavens . . .’” (Matthew 6:9) When we pray to Jehovah, we strengthen our friendship with him.

We can pray about practically any matter. Of course, for God to answer our prayers, they must be in harmony with his will. “No matter what we ask according to [God’s] will, he hears us.” (1 John 5:14) Jesus gave examples of appropriate things to pray for. (Read Matthew 6:9-13.) In addition to praying about our personal concerns, we must not forget to thank God for what he has done for us and ask him to help others.
Paul instructs us to pray constantly (1 Thessalonians 5:17). I would say we talk to God about everything.

Reactions: amadeus

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Paul instructs us to pray constantly (1 Thessalonians 5:17). I would say we talk to God about everything.

By golly Bobby, I would say you are 100% correct sir! I will say I am lacking in my prayers, but if the Bible is correct about Daniel, I certainly do not pray constantly, but definitely more times than he ;). But even in that, I wouldn't make a pimple on Dans backside, and I hope I have just a fraction of the faith that he had. A great example for us to follow for sure.