The Bible is Complete...but not conclusive.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Jenniferdiana3637

Dec 24, 2019
Marksville
www.jenaugustine.simplesite.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well now you have said something I can agree with...
Another argument used quite frequently and it is based on scripture which tells us that if a person speaks a prophesy and it does not come to pass then that person is a false prophet....this is true....but it didn't say how long we should wait before declaring them false. We are still waiting for OT prophesies to come to pass...after many, many years has passed since it was spoken....anyway....prophets are people called by God to be His voice and speak or do whatever He says....strict obedience is a must (Jonah is good example of a disobedient prophet)....also they must commit to spending a great deal of time in prayer and to be totally focused on hearing Him. And most importantly they know HIs Word.
False prophets are messengers of satan to spread deception and lies.
Yet you claim to be a messenger

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Why would the Lord make America Israel when there is one overseas already lol and the Lord has no reason to judge America unless something happened for America to be judged..the Lord does not pick on people out of the blue like some bully for no reason...
America is stripping God out of everything...they are becoming a Godless nation....study has shown the millenials don't agree with Christian beliefs.

Reactions: theophilus

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Has God spoken to you audibly?
Not to my ears but loud and clear in my spirit. First time I heard Him was a huge surprise to me at first but right after the initial words He spoke it was so recognizable as if He had been speaking to me all my life.

Reactions: theophilus

prism

Blood-Soaked
Jan 24, 2011
So. Cal
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Why would the Lord make America Israel when there is one overseas already lol and the Lord has no reason to judge America unless something happened for America to be judged..the Lord does not pick on people out of the blue like some bully for no reason...
Agreed fully, but these false prophets have a wild imagination. lol

Reactions: Jenniferdiana3637

Jenniferdiana3637

Dec 24, 2019
Marksville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
America is stripping God out of everything...they are becoming a Godless nation....study has shown the millenials don't agree with Christian beliefs.
That's because no one is probably ready for these things to come, they would rather sit at a world series game..lol but didn't Jesus said it would be like a thief in the night and that we should be prepared....etc..

Jenniferdiana3637

Dec 24, 2019
Marksville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Not to my ears but loud and clear in my spirit. First time I heard Him was a huge surprise to me at first but right after the initial words He spoke it was so recognizable as if He had been speaking to me all my life.
Well God's "infamous" are prophets are all in the bible, so you must be in the bible for you to have such a special calling..are you in the bible.. wouldn't he make it known in his plans...why would the Lord leave important people such as out the bible?...

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well God's "infamous" are prophets are all in the bible, so you must be in the bible for you to have such a special calling..are you in the bible.. wouldn't he make it known in his plans...why would the Lord leave important people such as out the bible?...
Jesus suffered the same persecution from the Pharisees and Saduccees...claiming He was the false messiah...accusing Him of blasphemy and that the miracles He did was by the power of Balaam....
He knew how to deal with them....and He told us we would also suffer persecution.
But as He stayed humble and would not strive with them.
I am not going to strive with you because if you knew how much compassion I have for others you wouldn't say such things...I will pray however and ask my Father to help you come to the fullness of His truth and can become a powerful witness for Him as Paul became once he became a believer and follower of Christ.

Mal'ak

Jan 15, 2019
Cedar City
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I understand the gifts of the Spirit perfectly. But it is Paul who said that out of all the gifts (about 20) three would CEASE. One of which would be prophecy.

And the historical evidence from the 1st and 2nd centuries is quite clear (and relevant). There were no prophets after the apostles. Therefore taking references to prophecy (which were applicable during the Apostolic Period) and bringing them forward is actually a violation of Scripture.

Clearly not, when you can not back up anything you say with Scripture. "Historical evidence"? Please provide to me a list of every Christian from 60 AD until now, their names, their gifts, and all their works. You can not, the Apostles recorded their actions because they wrote the Bible, but adding to the Bible is a sin. But that does not mean there were not preachers, prophets, healers, and even prophets after the Apostles. Your entire point is made on assumption, then lies of "Historical evidence". When you can provide a list of every Christian, their works, and their spiritual gifts from 60 AD until now. Then point out "see no prophets", then you can say "Historical evidence", until then it is assumption and therefore a lie as you know you can not prove it.

Reactions: Heart2Soul