The Bible is Complete...but not conclusive.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
What about the two witnesses? Are they not prophets?
Those are men who were already prophets, and will appear on earth during the Tribulation (which is NOT for the Church, but during the reign of the Antichrist). Many believe that they will be Moses and Elijah, since those were the two prophets who appeared at the transfiguration of Christ, and the miracles they perform will correspond to the miracles which they performed while they were on earth.

ELIJAH --These have power to shut heaven, that it rain not in the days of their prophecy:... (3 1/2 years)

MOSES...and have power over waters to turn them to blood, and to smite the earth with all plagues, as often as they will.

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Do any of these, including yourself, speak words (prophesied) as good as Scripture? That was the case of the OT Prophets and NT Apostles.
Having a few right pronouncements don't count. Those speaking in the name of the LORD must be right everytime. I have seen too many false prophetic words from those claiming to be Prophets or Prophetesses.
OBTW, another common feature of biblical prophets and apostles is that they were all Jewish because...

What advantage then hath the Jew? or what profit is there of circumcision? Much every way: chiefly, because that unto them were committed the oracles of God. (Rom 3:1-2)
You are not a believer and that is your choice...I became one by my own personal encounter.
It makes very little sense that Paul would write a whole chapter about the 5 Fold ministry, about prophesies and about gifts of the Holy Spirit teaching how these gifts and callings are to operate within the church if he didn't expect them to operate in these areas.
But like Thomas...unless you see it for yourself you will not believe.

Jenniferdiana3637

Dec 24, 2019
Marksville
www.jenaugustine.simplesite.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Those are men who were already prophets, and will appear on earth during the Tribulation (which is NOT for the Church, but during the reign of the Antichrist). Many believe that they will be Moses and Elijah, since those were the two prophets who appeared at the transfiguration of Christ, and the miracles they perform will correspond to the miracles which they performed while they were on earth.

ELIJAH --These have power to shut heaven, that it rain not in the days of their prophecy:... (3 1/2 years)

MOSES...and have power over waters to turn them to blood, and to smite the earth with all plagues, as often as they will.
Moses and Elijah already had thier roles in history so why would he need to use them again?..I believe God is going to do something new...prophet or not the two witnesses are witnesses of the Lord who he will empower to be prophets. And noone is a prophet before they become a prophet or/and unless that person was born and gifted a prophet. Moses was born a prophet and so was Jesus. Are you saying the Lord can't empower another person on Earth? It would be ludicrous to think the Lord could not gift another person on Earth but Jesus did say only with man things are impossible but with God anything is possible. And a witness is someone who witnesses something and a witness always comes in to testify about something they know. I believe these two witness have a testimony in a same they both witnessed in the presence of the Lord...etc

Last edited:

shnarkle

Nov 10, 2013
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
Man you people need to stop,

When someone can persuade me that I'm wrong, I'll be more than happy to do just that.

the bible says the two witnesses are in the Lord's presence meaning they speak with the Lord personally like Moses did...

Do you think Paul spoke with the Lord in his presence? How about John's revelation? How about the extensive list of martyrs who confessed Christ? Paul points out that the Old Testament was a type for what is happening now. The temple houses the Presence of God, and we see the same thing in the New Testament except that now the temple is our body. This is explicitly stated repeatedly. Our physical bodies are for the express purpose of housing the Spirit. The Spirit speaks with our spirit. There is one Spirit, one body, etc. Christ lives in the corporate church body.

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Moses and Elijah already had thier roles in history so why would he need to use them again?..I believe God is going to do something new...prophet or not the two witnesses are witnesses of the Lord who he will empower to be prophets. And noone is a prophet before they become a prophet or/and unless that person was born and gifted a prophet. Moses was born a prophet and so was Jesus. Are you saying the Lord can't empower another person on Earth? It would be ludicrous to think the Lord could not gift another person on Earth but Jesus did say only with man things are impossible but with God anything is possible. And a witness is someone who witnesses something and a witness always comes in to testify about something they know. I believe these two witness have a testimony in a same they both witnessed in the presence of the Lord...etc
Jesus witnessed in the presence of the Lord.

prism

Blood-Soaked
Jan 24, 2011
So. Cal
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You are not a believer and that is your choice...I became one by my own personal encounter.
It makes very little sense that Paul would write a whole chapter about the 5 Fold ministry, about prophesies and about gifts of the Holy Spirit teaching how these gifts and callings are to operate within the church if he didn't expect them to operate in these areas.
But like Thomas...unless you see it for yourself you will not believe.
True, I'm not a believer in false doctrine or false prophets. I have had my share of encounters but I don't go around telling others they are not a believer nor claim myself as a prophet. That is just immature.

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
True, I'm not a believer in false doctrine or false prophets. I have had my share of encounters but I don't go around telling others they are not a believer nor claim myself as a prophet. That is just immature.
Immature....my spiritual maturity is far beyond what you can comprehend.
So false prophets have existed for as long as true prophets....so based on your reasoning false prophets continue to exist because satan is still on earth....true prophets ceased to exist because....(complete this sentence why they don't exist).
I said you are not a believer...if you believe they don't exist today then what does that make you....a follower of religion.
That makes Paul a false teacher since he wrote to the church in Corinth and Ephesus teaching them how God set up His church...and taught them about the gifts, corrected them about their prideful thinking in which gift was esteemed the best...warned them that false prophets would also come....to try the spirit in them....teaching that a prophet is subject to a prophet.
All that teaching was in vain since none of it would exist after they died.
:oops::rolleyes::eek:....wow.
Seriously, I hope you will seek Truth and ask the Holy Spirit to guide you.

Mal'ak

Jan 15, 2019
Cedar City
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This is the KEY ISSUE. Any genuine prophet today (1) will need to bring a revelation above and beyond what is in Scripture, (2) it would have to be equivalent to Scripture, and (3) it would have to be for all Christians worldwide.

Today's prophets are all bogus, but those with itching ears will simply not be satisfied with the written Word of God. They are always looking for new and exciting experiences and revelations, ever learning and never able to come unto the knowledge of the truth.

God has provided His people with everything they need for life and godliness. He has also deigned to give us an overview of what is to be expected in the future. But the primary business of the Church today is the Great Commission -- bringing souls to Christ and then making disciples out of believers. Not running after prophets for some excitement.

Romans 12:5 So we, being many, are one body in Christ, and every one members one of another.

Romans 12:6 Having then gifts differing according to the grace that is given to us, whether prophecy, let us prophesy according to the proportion of faith;

That is not true, the problem is you do not understand the gifts of the Spirit. When Paul talks about Spiritual gifts all Christians have, he did not name prophecy, but secretly meant that was just for him and the authors of the letters of the Bible. Paul would not be talking about the "body of Christ", that "every one members one of another". Every Christian from Jesus' day until now are part of the Body of Christ, each person in the Body have a specific gift/job, which Paul includes prophecy. You think prophecy of Christians is same as that of the OT prophets, and that is flesh assumptions created with the "wisdom of man" instead of studying the Word of God. There is no Scripture to say the gift of Prophecy was taken away, so you are just making it up to suit your traditions of man.

2 Peter 1:20 Knowing this first, that no prophecy of the scripture is of any private interpretation.

2 Peter 1:21 For the prophecy came not in old time by the will of man: but holy men of God spake as they were moved by the Holy Ghost.

We learn from Peter that prophecy is "of the scripture", and not a new thing added. We are also told it is never of a "private interpretation", both in old days and now Peter tells us prophecy came by being "moved by the Holy Ghost". We learn in "John 14:26 But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you." The moving of the Holy Spirit for a Christian is different then an OT prophet, we are taught things by the Holy Spirit calling into "remembrance" things from Scripture/Jesus that we have learned.

Revelation 1:3 Blessed is he that readeth, and they that hear the words of this prophecy, and keep those things which are written therein: for the time is at hand.

To put it simple, the gift of prophecy is given to Christians so they can understand the prophecies of the scripture. For example; in the book of Revelations you have Christians that do not have the gift of prophecy saying "demon scorpions are coming down to eat our faces!", then you have Christians that do have the gift of prophecy who understand the anti-Christ is coming pretending to be Jesus so will fill us with "flatteries" so that we would "believe a lie".

Each gift is a specific skill set, for an evangelist they have a great ability to find and bring non-believers to Jesus when those that don't have that gift tend to scream on street corners like loons and scare people away from God. Prophecy is the same, a Christian that understand prophecy and able to share that knowledge with others so they are prepared for the end times. Once you understand how the gifts work and what prophecy is for Christians, then you will get the knowledge of what the gift of prophecy is.

prism

Blood-Soaked
Jan 24, 2011
So. Cal
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Immature....my spiritual maturity is far beyond what you can comprehend.
So false prophets have existed for as long as true prophets....so based on your reasoning false prophets continue to exist because satan is still on earth....true prophets ceased to exist because....(complete this sentence why they don't exist).
I said you are not a believer...if you believe they don't exist today then what does that make you....a follower of religion.
That makes Paul a false teacher since he wrote to the church in Corinth and Ephesus teaching them how God set up His church...and taught them about the gifts, corrected them about their prideful thinking in which gift was esteemed the best...warned them that false prophets would also come....to try the spirit in them....teaching that a prophet is subject to a prophet.
All that teaching was in vain since none of it would exist after they died.
:oops::rolleyes::eek:....wow.
Seriously, I hope you will seek Truth and ask the Holy Spirit to guide you.

Please don't come unhinged, this is a public forum and you are to be a witness for Jesus...

God, who at sundry times and in divers manners spake in time past unto the fathers by the prophets, Hath in these last days spoken unto us by his Son, whom he hath appointed heir of all things, by whom also he made the worlds;
(Heb 1:1-2)

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Please don't come unhinged, this is a public forum and you are to be a witness for Jesus...

God, who at sundry times and in divers manners spake in time past unto the fathers by the prophets, Hath in these last days spoken unto us by his Son, whom he hath appointed heir of all things, by whom also he made the worlds;
(Heb 1:1-2)
And His Son, Jesus...also a prophet, instructed His disciples that when He leaves He would send His Holy Spirit...who speaks what He hears the Father say and makes it known to us so that we may be guided by His Truth and Wisdom....some can't hear Him speaking...so then He may use a chosen vessel to speak audibly through.

In reference to unhinged...not at all.
I have had this conversation soooooooo many times with the hope that I can share His Word and plant seed.....another will water...and God will give the increase!

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
That is not true, the problem is you do not understand the gifts of the Spirit.
I understand the gifts of the Spirit perfectly. But it is Paul who said that out of all the gifts (about 20) three would CEASE. One of which would be prophecy.

And the historical evidence from the 1st and 2nd centuries is quite clear (and relevant). There were no prophets after the apostles. Therefore taking references to prophecy (which were applicable during the Apostolic Period) and bringing them forward is actually a violation of Scripture.

Reactions: Waiting on him

prism

Blood-Soaked
Jan 24, 2011
So. Cal
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And His Son, Jesus...also a prophet, instructed His disciples that when He leaves He would send His Holy Spirit...who speaks what He hears the Father say and makes it known to us so that we may be guided by His Truth and Wisdom....some can't hear Him speaking...so then He may use a chosen vessel to speak audibly through.

In reference to unhinged...not at all.
I have had this conversation soooooooo many times with the hope that I can share His Word and plant seed.....another will water...and God will give the increase!
If someone speaks 'truths' about Jesus and they don't match up with His Written word even though they claim they heard from God's Spirit. Guess what? I am not to believe them.

Isaiah 8:19-20 (KJV) And when they shall say unto you, Seek unto them that have familiar spirits, and unto wizards that peep, and that mutter: should not a people seek unto their God? for the living to the dead? To the law and to the testimony: if they speak not according to this word, it is because there is no light in them.

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If someone speaks 'truths' about Jesus and they don't match up with His Written word even though they claim they heard from God's Spirit. Guess what? I am not to believe them.

Isaiah 8:19-20 (KJV) And when they shall say unto you, Seek unto them that have familiar spirits, and unto wizards that peep, and that mutter: should not a people seek unto their God? for the living to the dead? To the law and to the testimony: if they speak not according to this word, it is because there is no light in them.
Well now you have said something I can agree with...
Another argument used quite frequently and it is based on scripture which tells us that if a person speaks a prophesy and it does not come to pass then that person is a false prophet....this is true....but it didn't say how long we should wait before declaring them false. We are still waiting for OT prophesies to come to pass...after many, many years has passed since it was spoken....anyway....prophets are people called by God to be His voice and speak or do whatever He says....strict obedience is a must (Jonah is good example of a disobedient prophet)....also they must commit to spending a great deal of time in prayer and to be totally focused on hearing Him. And most importantly they know HIs Word.
False prophets are messengers of satan to spread deception and lies.

prism

Blood-Soaked
Jan 24, 2011
So. Cal
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well now you have said something I can agree with...
Another argument used quite frequently and it is based on scripture which tells us that if a person speaks a prophesy and it does not come to pass then that person is a false prophet....this is true....but it didn't say how long we should wait before declaring them false. We are still waiting for OT prophesies to come to pass...after many, many years has passed since it was spoken....anyway....prophets are people called by God to be His voice and speak or do whatever He says....strict obedience is a must (Jonah is good example of a disobedient prophet)....also they must commit to spending a great deal of time in prayer and to be totally focused on hearing Him. And most importantly they know HIs Word.
False prophets are messengers of satan to spread deception and lies.
If a person claims 'revelations from God, that are not true then they are a false prophet. For example, one who you put forward as a prophet said
America is a second Israel and that she is being judged according to the seven-year Sabbath law called "shemitah" that was given to ancient Israel.
This is not something we have to wait for years to discern that we have a false prophet at hand.
Only Israel is God's Covenant nation...not America.

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If a person claims 'revelations from God, that are not true then they are a false prophet. For example, one who you put forward as a prophet said
America is a second Israel and that she is being judged according to the seven-year Sabbath law called "shemitah" that was given to ancient Israel.
This is not something we have to wait for years to discern that we have a false prophet at hand.
I believe he was referring to how America has become a rebellious people and are following the same destructive path that Israel chose.....remember scripture says that he will provoke the Jews to jealousy through the Gentiles....so God raised up a Gentile nation that would seek after Him (America) and they would spread His Word to all the nations....which America was known as a Christian nation...our Constitution is based upon Christian beliefs....But look at it now...it has become an adulterous, rebellious people just like Israel became.

Jenniferdiana3637

Dec 24, 2019
Marksville
www.jenaugustine.simplesite.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Why would the Lord make America Israel when there is one overseas already lol and the Lord has no reason to judge America unless something happened for America to be judged..the Lord does not pick on people out of the blue like some bully for no reason...