The 'blessed virgin Mary'

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Gary Urban

Apr 20, 2021
Milwaukee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"Pope" is a transliteration from the Italian word "papa" which means "father", not daysman. The title was used for every bishop in the first 3 centuries.

OFFICE OF POPE IN BOTH TESTAMENTS

Isaiah 22:19 I will thrust you from your office, (Shebna) and you will be cast down from your station

Yes we trust the unseen office above by faith its where our teaching Father dwells. Call no man on earth infallible teacher (Pope)as Father . . .another Christ another kind of gospel called Papa. One is our Papa in heaven.

No man can stand in the unseen Holy place of God as a daysman. as a infallible umpire that sits between God not seen and man seen .with the approval of both

God is not a man as us. Even the Son of man would not dare the blasphemy the work of the one Holy Father

When accused of being a daysman Jesus the Son of man said only one is our good teaching master God .He gave glory to the father .Will the Pope?

Mark 10:16-18 King James Version (KJV)And he took them up in his arms, put his hands upon them, and blessed them. And when he was gone forth into the way, there came one running, and kneeled to him, and asked him, Good Master, what shall I do that I may inherit eternal life? And Jesus said unto him, Why callest thou me good? there is none good but one, that is, God.

Job 9: 32 For he is not a man, as I am, that I should answer him, and we should come together in judgment. Neither is there any daysman betwixt us, that might lay his hand upon us both.

Job 33:12 Behold, in this thou art not just: I will answer thee, that God is greater than man.

Illuminator

Jan 11, 2020
Hamilton
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Yes we trust the unseen office above by faith its where our teaching Father dwells. Call no man on earth infallible teacher (Pope)as Father . . .another Christ another kind of gospel called Papa. One is our Papa in heaven.

No man can stand in the unseen Holy place of God as a daysman. as a infallible umpire that sits between God not seen and man seen .with the approval of both

God is not a man as us. Even the Son of man would not dare the blasphemy the work of the one Holy Father

When accused of being a daysman Jesus the Son of man said only one is our good teaching master God .He gave glory to the father .Will the Pope?

Mark 10:16-18 King James Version (KJV)And he took them up in his arms, put his hands upon them, and blessed them. And when he was gone forth into the way, there came one running, and kneeled to him, and asked him, Good Master, what shall I do that I may inherit eternal life? And Jesus said unto him, Why callest thou me good? there is none good but one, that is, God.

Job 9: 32 For he is not a man, as I am, that I should answer him, and we should come together in judgment. Neither is there any daysman betwixt us, that might lay his hand upon us both.
This is not a reply. Repeating the same lies over and over again is not a discussion. The pope, alone, is NOT infallible. Sorry you have been so deceived by anti-Catholic propaganda.

Last edited:

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That’s easy let’s look to the foundation of blasphemy. . Kings in Israel, atheist Jews gathering themselves not called by God demanding the pagan foundation walk by sight out of sight out of mind.(the abomination of desolation) And then (first things first) we can look to the effects of the first century reformation restoring God to his proper unseen place of faith.

If we destroy that foundation of God's word then its easy to squeze in a oral traditon of men .and make it about men sen and not our unseen Holy Father .The King of kings and Lord of lords or Father of fathers .

Note.. (athiests fools) no god in their hearts .
Note. . (prophet/ apostle ) that brings the word of our unseen Kings of kings>
Note. . (the power) of the gospel

1 Samauel 1: 4-7 Then all the elders of Israel gathered themselves together, and came to Samuel unto Ramah, And said unto him, Behold, thou art old, and thy sons walk not in thy ways: now make us a king to judge us like all the nations. But the thing displeased Samuel, when they said, Give us a king to judge us. And Samuel prayed unto the Lord. And the Lord said unto Samuel, Hearken unto the voice of the people in all that they say unto thee: for they have not rejected thee, but they have rejected me, that I should not reign over them.

Blaphemy.

Ok, I will go with the English. Those who do despite to the fullness of grace teaching that only one human named Mary received it would seem to violate the law that denies the fullness of grace the one price that purchases every born again Christian .

It would seAs to your false statement above uem that Catholicism have made it clear that they lack the light of the gospel (damnable heresisy as a private interpretation) in need of the light of the gospel of grace. Teaching others that even after one takes their last breath they have not received the fullness needed for salvation . This is in order to open up the airway so that the living on earth can commune with the legion (3500 and rising) of workers with a familiar spirits that they must as a law of men call "patron saints" .Not a teaching of the Bible .

The flesh of our blessed sister in the lord Mary is no different than any person that has received Kecharitomene.”

Hebrews 10:29 Of how much sorer punishment, suppose ye, shall he be thought worthy, who hath trodden under foot the Son of God, and hath counted the blood of the covenant, wherewith he was sanctified, an unholy thing, and hath done despite unto the Spirit of grace?

2 Peter 2:1 But there were false prophets also among the people, even as there shall be false teachers among you, who privily shall bring in damnable heresies, even denying the Lord that bought them, and bring upon themselves swift destruction.
Okay, just as I thought -
You're ALL over the place, except for the TOPIC.

First of all - NOTHING you said about "prophets, apostles, atheists, and kings" has ANYHING to do with my response to your post.
You simply don't know how to respond to the truth - so you're going down some other rabbit hole to cover up.

As to your false statement above in RED - Mary is the ONLY person who has EVER been given the title of "Kecharitomene".
No other human being has ever been COMPLETELY, PERFECTLY and PERMANENTLY endowed with grace until they reach Heaven.

You are right about ONE thing ion your rant - there ARE false prophets among the people people of Christ who bring "damnable heresies".
A whole slew of them cropped up after the 16th century during the Protestant Revolt.

Finally - as to your complete misunderstanding of the concept of Final Purification (Purgatory) - your explanation is comical.
It's not about NOT having ben given "enough grace". It is BECAUSE of God's grace that we are allowed to undergo a Final Purification (1 Cor. 3:10-15).

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Obviously he singled Peter out to teach us not to seek the oral traditions of the fathers The venerble called fathers kings lording it over the faith of the non venrable. . Just as he used Thomas a doubter or John the one he loved . Each one has a role to teach us how to walk by the unseen faith of Christ that works in the believer to both. . . reveal the wil and empower mankind to perform His good pleasure. Some do his will as murmurers others are delighted that they have the strength yoked with Christ.

Philipians 2: 13-14 For it is God which worketh in you both to will and to do of his good pleasure. Do all things without murmurings and disputings:

He used our brother in the lord Peter as a serial denier to teach us how to walk by the faith of God that works in each believer. . Peter was forgiven of his blasphemy against the Son of man Jesus. That 33 year window of opportunity closed when the Son of man Jesus disappeared out of sight. Jesus and not Peter is the chief apostle sent by the unseen father and cornerstone of the spiritual unseen house of God the church.

Ephesians 2:20 And are built upon the foundation of the apostles and prophets, Jesus Christ himself being the chief corner stone;

No second place apostle ..

Today blasphemy against the Son of God who remains our high priest continually as not having mother of father beginning of Spirit life or end thereof.

Matthew 12:31-32 [Full Chapter] Wherefore I say unto you, All manner of sin and blasphemy shall be forgiven unto men: but the blasphemy against the Holy Ghost shall not be forgiven unto men. And whosoever speaketh a word against the Son of man, it shall be forgiven him: but whosoever speaketh against the Holy Ghost, it shall not be forgiven him, neither in this world, neither in the world to come.

Then we could be fogiven today no way Jose.

Blasphemy today for the last two thousand years is not forgivable .It’s the place your Pope stands in . . a place where Jesus would not dare occupy as a daysman or again what you must call a Pope.

Trusting Peter who fell in false pride like below is the same as trusting the father of lie.

Satan, said in the garden ; thou will surely not die look at my glorious beauty and live. Our unseen Holy Father’s glory departed

it’s what happens when someone cherry picks one or two verses and leaves the rest of the context . . .out of sight out of mind. .

Mathew 16 22;23 Then Peter took him, and began to rebuke him, saying, Be it far from thee, Lord: this shall not be unto thee. But he turned, and said unto Peter, Get thee behind me, Satan: thou art an offence unto me: for thou savourest not the things that be of God, but those that be of men.

Which infallible teaching master as Lord today? Tthe word of God as it is written (sola scriptura) or those of men like Peter . I heard it through the grape vine who fell in false pride. No man can serve two ? .

Blasphemy todayand for the last two thousand years is not forgivable .It’s the place your Pope stands in . a place where Jesus would not dare occupy as a daysman or again what you must call a Pope.

Trusting Peter with ones soul who fell in false pride like below is the same as trusting the father of lie. Satan , said in the garden ; thou will surely not die look at my glorious beauty and live. Our unseen Holy Father’s glory departed

it’s what happens when someone cherry picks one or two verses and leaves the rest of the context out of sight out of mind. .
That's quite a LONG rant for having addressed only ONE of the FOURTEEN Scriptural proofs of Peter's Primacy - and you flubbed up that one.
Time for another Bible Lesson . . .

Augustine, speaking with the wisdom of the Early Church Fathers, wrote that “The New Testament lies hidden in the Old and the Old Testament is revealed in the New”. This statement means that unless one understands the Old Testament, one cannot understand the New Testament – which YOU obviously don’t.

Isaiah 22:20–22
In that day I will call my servant Eliakim the son of Hilkiah, and I will clothe him with your robe, and will bind your girdle on him, and will commit your authority to his hand; and he shall be a father to the inhabitants of Jerusalem and to the house of Judah.
And I will place on his shoulder the KEY TO THE HOUSE OF DAVID; he shall open, and none shall shut; and he shall shut, and none shall open.

Matt. 16:18-19
And so I say to you, you are Peter, and upon this rock I will build my church, and the gates of the netherworld shall not prevail against it.
I will give you the KEYS TO THE KINGDO OF HEAVEN. Whatever you bind on earth shall be bound in heaven; and whatever you loose on earth shall be loosed in heaven."

Peter being given the Keys to the Kingdom of Heaven FULFILLS the OT Type that was Eliakim, who was given the Keys to the House of David.
STUDY your Bible . . .

theQuestioneer

May 16, 2021
Seattle, WA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Mary was the mother (sorta- she didn't have sex with 'Him, Them', did she?) of "God".
God being "Triune" means she was was mother of the "Triune God".
A "God-the-Baby", a "Triune Baby'- RIGHT?

Mungo

May 23, 2012
England
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Mary was the mother (sorta- she didn't have sex with 'Him, Them', did she?) of "God".
God being "Triune" means she was was mother of the "Triune God".
A "God-the-Baby", a "Triune Baby'- RIGHT?
Wrong.
"God" can refer to any one of the members of the Trinity or to the Godhead as a whole.

When we say Mary of the mother of God we mean God the Son, the second person of the Trinity.
“But when the time had fully come, God sent forth his Son, born of woman, born under the law” (Gal 4:4)

theQuestioneer

May 16, 2021
Seattle, WA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Wrong.
"God" can refer to any one of the members of the Trinity or to the Godhead as a whole.

When we say Mary of the mother of God we mean God the Son, the second person of the Trinity.
“But when the time had fully come, God sent forth his Son, born of woman, born under the law” (Gal 4:4)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
You mean each 'member' of the 'Trinity" is God? Polytheism?
Does it read God-the-Father sent forth God-the-Son?
And he became "God-the-Fetus"?

robert derrick

Apr 13, 2021
Houston, tx
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
His mother somehow stops being his mother? When did your mother stop being your mother?

Honor your father and your mother, that you may have a long life in the land which the LORD, your God, is giving you

Peace!
"Jesus' mother somehow stops being his mother? When did your mother stop being your mother?"

When she died.

Same as Jesus', same as yours.

We honor mother and father that we may live long in this world, not eternally in the next. The only relationship there that will matter will be with God our Father.

Sorry to be the one to inform you. But really, don't you think at your age, you ought to grow up a little?

Mungo

May 23, 2012
England
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
You mean each 'member' of the 'Trinity" is God? Polytheism?
Does it read God-the-Father sent forth God-the-Son?
And he became "God-the-Fetus"?

No I don't mean polytheism.
There are three persons each wholly possessing the one Godhead.

You claim to be a Christian so why do you refer insultingly to "God-the-Fetus" and "God-the-Baby"

Taodeching

Apr 8, 2021
Southwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This is not a reply. Repeating the same lies over and over again is not a discussion. The pope, alone, is NOT infallible. Sorry you have been so deceived by anti-Catholic propaganda.

It is unfortunate that instead of people asking in a nice humble manner they want to throw out accusations and falsehoods

Philip James

May 4, 2018
Brandon
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada

In fact one Man can, and does!

His name is Jesus!

For just as the Father raises the dead and gives life, so also does the Son give life to whomever he wishes.

Nor does the Father judge anyone, but he has given all judgment to his Son,

so that all may honor the Son just as they honor the Father. Whoever does not honor the Son does not honor the Father who sent him.

Peace be with you!

Christ is risen!
Alleluia!

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"Ummmmm, already showed you the verse - Sirach 27:28. What do you mean, "show in the Bible WHERE" it is??"

He was no doubt talking about the Biblic Bible, the one that is all Scripture, not the Catholic addendum stuff...
Sooooo, I take it that you don't know where the bible came from, DO you?
time for a History and Bible Lesson . . .

The Synod of Rome (382) is where the canon was first formally identified – ALL 73 (not 66) Books.
- 11 years after that, it was confirmed at the Synod of Hippo (393).
- 4 years later, at the Council (or Synod) of Carthage (397), it was yet again confirmed. The bishops wrote at the end of their document, "But let Church beyond sea (Rome) be consulted about confirming this canon". There were 44 bishops, including St. Augustine who signed the document.
- 7 years later, in 405, in a letter from Pope Innocent I to Exsuperius, Bishop of Toulouse, he reiterated the canon.
- 14 years after that, at the 2nd Council (Synod) of Carthage (419) the canon was again formally confirmed.

The Canon of Scripture was officially closed at the Council of Trent in the 16th century because of the perversions happening within Protestantism and the random editing and deleting of books from the Canon.

Why are Catholic Bibles thicker?

The name, "Septuagint", comes from the number of scholars (70) who translated the Hebrew texts into Greek.
After the destruction of Jerusalem, a group of Jewish scholars held a rabbinical school in Jabneh (Jamnia). At this gathering, they decided to eject 7 Books (and portions of Esther and Daniel) that they felt were "uninspired". but had been part of the OPEN Jewish Canon to that point..

They provided a new Greek translation because the early Christians were converting the Jews using the Septuagint, which was compiled about 200 years before the birth of Christ. It can be clearly shown that Jesus and the NT writers studied and quoted from these 7 Books. In the New Testament, we see some 200 references to them.

The main advocate for removing the 7 Deuterocanonical Books was Rabbi Akiva, who was also known for proclaiming that a man named Simon Bar Kohkba was the REAL "Messiah" during the 2nd Jewish Revolt (circa 132 AD).

So, Luther chose to go with a POST‐Christ, POST‐Temple Canon of Scripture that was declared by a FALSE Prophet who proclaimed a FALSE “Christ” - and ALL of Protestantism agreed with him.

Good job . . .

robert derrick

Apr 13, 2021
Houston, tx
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"Jesus' mother somehow stops being his mother? When did your mother stop being your mother?"

So, this is where the basic error of the myth of 'Mary' Mother of God comes from. I mean, we all know instinctively that it is really just a 'mommy' thing, but we have to wait and hear how they describe it.

They are the same carnally minded 'believers' who's reasonings are with the Jews of Jesus' day. Even as the Jews had no real concept of God's Spiritual kingdom on earth and in heaven, so these do not either.

I have been very perplexed by the persistence in adoring a so-called perpetual motherhood and virginity of Mary, and now it is clear to me. We, who are of mature faith in spiritual understanding of eternal place in heaven with God according to the Scriptures, are dealing with spiritual babes, who are so carnally minded, that they actually think that a mother on earth, or father, sister, brother, cousin... will continue to be so eternally.

That is just plain silly on such a child's level of thinking. I understand it, because I once a child that liked to think it, but when I became an adult in Christ, I understood it not to be so (1 Cor 13). I do not look to see my 'mother' or sister or brother or cousin in heaven, but rather simply another saint in glory...

Jesus' mother, my mother, anyone's mother, sister, or brother will cease to be so, when we die. After death we cease to know each other after the flesh (2 Cor 5). The only relationship that will matter will be that with God: whether with the Lord Jesus in heaven or with that of satan in hell. We will be as the angels in heaven with no special personal relationships held over from earth (Matthew 22).

We will all be mothers, sisters, brothers..."And every one that hath forsaken houses, or brethren, or sisters, or father, or mother, or wife, or children, or lands, for my name's sake, shall receive an hundredfold, and shall inherit everlasting life." (Matthew 19)

Before Jesus died, He was already prophesying this by transferring Mary's relationship of 'motherhood' from Himself at the marriage of Cana, calling her woman, not mother (John 2). The only ones to refer to her as His mother were other Jews (Mark 3), and at the cross, He finally gave that relationship to John.(John 19)

"Who is my mother, sister or brother? They which do the will of God "(Matthew 12). There is no more clearer statement by the Lord Jesus that no one is nor will be especially His 'mother'. This is simple first principle doctrine that Jesus taught to the scoffing Jews, who asked the same question as above, trying to trip him up:

"In the resurrection therefore, when they shall rise, whose wife shall she be...?" (Mark 12)

The same question applies to that of Mary: "In the resurrection therefore, when they shall rise, whose mother shall she be...?"

"Ye do err, not knowing the scriptures, nor the power of God." (Matthew 22) No one's. No marriages, no mothers, no sisters, no brothers...

Mary worshippers are simply childishly carnal (to put it lightly) in the faith of God and in understanding of Scripture, because they are still babes in the arms of their mystical mother 'Mary'. They will never be eating the strong meat of the Lord Jesus, because they will never move on from the mystical milk of 'Mary'. Some of them may think they are adults in 'knowledge', because they have learned a whole lot of Mary teaching, even to the point of 'going to the Greek', but all that knowledge is the pride of man, not the sound doctrine of Scripture.

That is why they continue to look to signs in the clouds or stars or trees or statues, in order to try and confirm what they believe is real and true. They know in the heart, it's not really so, but persist in trying to confirm it anyway. Why? Because they want to. Because it is usually nicer and less demanding to go to their mommy rather than to face openly the Father. (2 Cor 3)

The source of all Mary worship is just the little child's desire to see mommy and daddy in heaven. It really is that simple. And as a child, we can understand it, but as adults in Christ, we know it is foolish sentiment, not sound doctrine. And all the books and catechisms and divings into Greek will never change that obvious fact.

robert derrick

Apr 13, 2021
Houston, tx
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Wow, just wow..
Yeah, I know. I am bursting your little baby bubble. You know why? Because it is a bubble that has no right to exist among adults.

So, either grow up as a man, or vacate and leave the rest to other neighbors better than thou (1 Sam 15).

(And take your taught Greek pseudo lexiconology with you)

Philip James

May 4, 2018
Brandon
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Yeah, I know. I am bursting your little baby bubble. You know why? Because it is a bubble that has no right to exist among adults.

So, either grow up as a man, or vacate and leave the rest to other neighbors better than thou (1 Sam 15).

(And take your taught Greek pseudo lexiconology with you)

Aren't you a peach..

I suspect you reject the ressurection of the body as well..

Christ IS risen!
Alleluia!

Reactions: Taodeching

robert derrick

Apr 13, 2021
Houston, tx
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Aren't you a peach..

I suspect you reject the ressurection of the body as well..

Christ IS risen!
Alleluia!

The resurrection of the body of Christ will be the 1st resurrection and changing of believers from corruptible to incorruptible, and from mortal to immortality.

But the resurrection of Mary into the 'Mother of God'?

No way, Jose.

By a 'peach', I take you are not upset, so much as consternated. Keep up with the Christ is risen and Alleluia part, but jettison the baby talk about your 'Mother Mary'.

( I mean, by the looks of you, you are the quintessential gruff looking guy with a heart of gold. But baby boy? No, that don't work so good)

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

So, this is where the basic error of the myth of 'Mary' Mother of God comes from. I mean, we all know instinctively that it is really just a 'mommy' thing, but we have to wait and hear how they describe it.

They are the same carnally minded 'believers' who's reasonings are with the Jews of Jesus' day. Even as the Jews had no real concept of God's Spiritual kingdom on earth and in heaven, so these do not either.

I have been very perplexed by the persistence in adoring a so-called perpetual motherhood and virginity of Mary, and now it is clear to me. We, who are of mature faith in spiritual understanding of eternal place in heaven with God according to the Scriptures, are dealing with spiritual babes, who are so carnally minded, that they actually think that a mother on earth, or father, sister, brother, cousin... will continue to be so eternally.

That is just plain silly on such a child's level of thinking. I understand it, because I once a child that liked to think it, but when I became an adult in Christ, I understood it not to be so (1 Cor 13). I do not look to see my 'mother' or sister or brother or cousin in heaven, but rather simply another saint in glory...

Jesus' mother, my mother, anyone's mother, sister, or brother will cease to be so, when we die. After death we cease to know each other after the flesh (2 Cor 5). The only relationship that will matter will be that with God: whether with the Lord Jesus in heaven or with that of satan in hell. We will be as the angels in heaven with no special personal relationships held over from earth (Matthew 22).

We will all be mothers, sisters, brothers..."And every one that hath forsaken houses, or brethren, or sisters, or father, or mother, or wife, or children, or lands, for my name's sake, shall receive an hundredfold, and shall inherit everlasting life." (Matthew 19)

Before Jesus died, He was already prophesying this by transferring Mary's relationship of 'motherhood' from Himself at the marriage of Cana, calling her woman, not mother (John 2). The only ones to refer to her as His mother were other Jews (Mark 3), and at the cross, He finally gave that relationship to John.(John 19)

"Who is my mother, sister or brother? They which do the will of God "(Matthew 12). There is no more clearer statement by the Lord Jesus that no one is nor will be especially His 'mother'. This is simple first principle doctrine that Jesus taught to the scoffing Jews, who asked the same question as above, trying to trip him up:

"In the resurrection therefore, when they shall rise, whose wife shall she be...?" (Mark 12)

The same question applies to that of Mary: "In the resurrection therefore, when they shall rise, whose mother shall she be...?"

"Ye do err, not knowing the scriptures, nor the power of God." (Matthew 22) No one's. No marriages, no mothers, no sisters, no brothers...

Mary worshippers are simply childishly carnal (to put it lightly) in the faith of God and in understanding of Scripture, because they are still babes in the arms of their mystical mother 'Mary'. They will never be eating the strong meat of the Lord Jesus, because they will never move on from the mystical milk of 'Mary'. Some of them may think they are adults in 'knowledge', because they have learned a whole lot of Mary teaching, even to the point of 'going to the Greek', but all that knowledge is the pride of man, not the sound doctrine of Scripture.

That is why they continue to look to signs in the clouds or stars or trees or statues, in order to try and confirm what they believe is real and true. They know in the heart, it's not really so, but persist in trying to confirm it anyway. Why? Because they want to. Because it is usually nicer and less demanding to go to their mommy rather than to face openly the Father. (2 Cor 3)

The source of all Mary worship is just the little child's desire to see mommy and daddy in heaven. It really is that simple. And as a child, we can understand it, but as adults in Christ, we know it is foolish sentiment, not sound doctrine. And all the books and catechisms and divings into Greek will never change that obvious fact.
I see you have a penchant for LONG, verbose rants. Unfortunately, your diatribe above only illustrates your Scriptural ignorance.
Time for a Bible lesson . . .

The Kingdom of Heaven is modeled after the Davidic Kingdom - or rather, vice-versa.

In the Davidic Kingdom, the wife of the King was NOT the Queen – but rather, his mother was elevated to that station. The title Gebirah (Gebira), meaning “Great Lady” or “Queen Mother” was a royal title and an office which was bestowed upon the mothers of the Kings of Israel - but only to those in the line of David.

Jesus Christ is the heir of David. He is the fulfillment of the covenant promises made to David in 2 Samuel 7:16; 23:5, and repeated to Mary in Luke 1:26-36. Mary’s son rules from the Kingdom of the heavenly Jerusalem. It is fitting that His mother should enjoy the SAME role that other Davidic Queen mothers enjoyed, that is the royal office of the heavenly Gebirah.

1 Kings 2:19-20 tells us:
So Bathsheba went to King Solomon to speak to him about Adonijah; the king got up to meet her and bowed before her; he then sat down on his throne; a seat was brought for the king’s mother, and she sat down on his right.
“There is one small favor I would ask of you,” she said. “Do not refuse me.” “Ask it, my mother,” the king said to her, “for I will not refuse you.”

Just as with the Davidic Kingdom, as Jesus is the King, Mary is the Queen Mother.

Gary Urban

Apr 20, 2021
Milwaukee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
In fact one Man can, and does!

His name is Jesus!

For just as the Father raises the dead and gives life, so also does the Son give life to whomever he wishes.

Nor does the Father judge anyone, but he has given all judgment to his Son,

so that all may honor the Son just as they honor the Father. Whoever does not honor the Son does not honor the Father who sent him.

Peace be with you!

Christ is risen!
Alleluia!

I would offer. God is not a man as us and neither is there any fleshly infallible interpreter (daysman Pope) set between God and man.

Job 9:32-33 For he is not a man, as I am, that I should answer him, and we should come together in judgment. Neither is there any daysman betwixt us, that might lay his hand upon us both

God never was a man never could be .Mankind has a beginning. We honor them seeing from the foundation of the world the Son of God was slain for our sins .They together performed the work as if one God .The Son of man thousands of years later demonstrated the work that has been done from the beginning.

It was a one-time demonstration of a finished work some did know Christ after the flesh we no longer know Jesus after the flesh forever more

2 Corinthians 5: 16 Wherefore henceforth know we no man after the flesh: yea, though we have known Christ after the flesh, yet now henceforth know we him no more. Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new.

Jesus as the Son of man who not dare stand in the unseen place of the father as the one good master and Lord. Jesus came to do the will of the unseen father as the chief apostle and messenger. Jesus said ; Not as I will but as the unseen father wills .The Son of man is reckoned as powerless .

Mark 10:17-18 King James Version (KJV) And when he was gone forth into the way, there came one running, and kneeled to him, and asked him, Good Master, what shall I do that I may inherit eternal life? And Jesus said unto him, Why callest thou me good? there is none good but one, that is, God.

The word good is God's seal of approval . . let there be, and it was good.

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I would offer. God is not a man as us and neither is there any fleshly infallible interpreter (daysman Pope) set between God and man.

Job 9:32-33 For he is not a man, as I am, that I should answer him, and we should come together in judgment. Neither is there any daysman betwixt us, that might lay his hand upon us both

God never was a man never could be .Mankind has a beginning. We honor them seeing from the foundation of the world the Son of God was slain for our sins .They together performed the work as if one God .The Son of man thousands of years later demonstrated the work that has been done from the beginning.

It was a one-time demonstration of a finished work some did know Christ after the flesh we no longer know Jesus after the flesh forever more

2 Corinthians 5: 16 Wherefore henceforth know we no man after the flesh: yea, though we have known Christ after the flesh, yet now henceforth know we him no more. Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new.

Jesus as the Son of man who not dare stand in the unseen place of the father as the one good master and Lord. Jesus came to do the will of the unseen father as the chief apostle and messenger. Jesus said ; Not as I will but as the unseen father wills .The Son of man is reckoned as powerless .

Mark 10:17-18 King James Version (KJV) And when he was gone forth into the way, there came one running, and kneeled to him, and asked him, Good Master, what shall I do that I may inherit eternal life? And Jesus said unto him, Why callest thou me good? there is none good but one, that is, God.

The word good is God's seal of approval . . let there be, and it was good.
Unbiblical nonsense.

First of all - the Word was GOD (John 1:1).
The Word (GOD) became flesh (John 1:14).
YOUR rejection of God's word is noted . . .

Secondly -
John 16:12-15

“I have much more to tell you, but you cannot bear it now.
But when he comes, the Spirit of truth, he will guide you to ALL truth. He will not speak on his own, but he will speak what he hears, and will declare to YOU the things that are coming.
He will glorify me, because he will TAKE from what is MINE and declare it to YOU.

Everything that the Father has is MINE; for this reason I told you that he will TAKE from what is MINE and declare it to YOU.

This correlates DIRECTLY to my response to you in post #164, which apparently stumped you . . .

Reactions: Taodeching