The 'blessed virgin Mary'

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

robert derrick

Apr 13, 2021
Houston, tx
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
true Christians can have no goddess!

As I have explained
Exactly. Repent and be a Christian only, not a Christian idolator.

Catholics without worship of Mother of God and Queen of heaven are Christians only.

Only Christians will be blessed in the resurrection of the dead.

Little children, keep yourselves from idols. Amen.

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Catholics without worship of Mother of God and Queen of heaven are Christians only.

we have none
And the church must be catholic

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Little children? These are adult Christians that make him a spiritual father!

robert derrick

Apr 13, 2021
Houston, tx
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Little children? These are adult Christians that make him a spiritual father!
True. And not Father of God.

And there are no spiritual mothers, other than the New Jerusalem in heaven and ministry of Christ.

And before you say your idol Vesta-Mary is New Jerusalem, neither I nor any other Christian, who is not an idolator, will be dwelling in some stupid mansacred womb forever.

Gross.

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
True. And not Father of God.

And there are no spiritual mothers, other than the New Jerusalem in heaven and ministry of Christ.

And before you say your idol Vesta-Mary is New Jerusalem, neither I nor any other Christian, who is not an idolator, will be dwelling in some stupid mansacred womb forever.

Gross.

no the church is the new Jerusalem
Holy mother church

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
I have no objection to referring to Mary as the blessed virgin Mary, because every saint in Christ Jesus presented to the Lord, shall be a blessed and chaste virgin (2 Cor 11:2).

All that abide in Christ therefore can be fairly addressed as the blessed virgin 'so and so'.

The only One in heaven that is and ever shall be noticeably and visibly distinct from all others is Jesus, who stands as a slain Lamb in the midst of the throne(Rev 5), i.e. the prints and marks of His crucifixion shall remain in His resurrected body for all to see, as a perpetual reminder of His cross.

Other than Himself, the 12 Apostles of the Lamb, aside from Judas and including Paul, shall be specially remembered in the foundation stones of heavenly New Jerusalem, having their names written in them. Likewise the names of the 12 tribes of Israel shall be remembered by being written on the gates of the that City.

Other than these examples, I see no other blessed saint with Jesus in heaven that is recognized by God as 'special' to Himself and His ministry. None shall be better or worse, higher or lower, honored more or less, nor specially named than any other...

Does anyone know why believers in Jesus are so intent on falsely making Mary a 'perpetual' virgin on earth after she gave birth to Jesus? I know it is a false teaching and woefully vain worshipping, but my question is why?
virgin worship was pretty big at the time, i guess?
fwiw this is a bit different take on mary, has some interesting bits imo,
The amazing name Mary: meaning and etymology