The Breath of Life

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So here is my question.

If you believe that the breath of life leaving at death is the cessation of the person, then doesn't this equally mean that until that breath of life is inhaled, there is not yet a person?

Much love!

Yes- sort of, with more detail, that is a deep subject pertains to EACH Life of the WHOLE of One Person...that is each Life within a Single person that MAKES them an "Individual AND Whole."
Each Life, meaning:
Life of the FLESH Body. (Blood)
Life of The Soul. (Gods Breath)
Life of The spirit. (Man's seed or Gods SEED)

* Person-
a human being regarded as an individual.
* Human being-
a man, woman, or child of the species Homo sapiens.
(A Man - KIND of of Earthly Mortal thing.
A Terrestrial - Whose makeup is that of a Man- KIND of thing.)

ONCE CREATED- it will always EXIST...but Not always will it Exist in the Form it was Created.

Hi- in Brief;
* I believe the Body IS Natural, CREATED out from the same elements of the Existing Earh, IS Mortal, IS thus Subject to Die.
The Body's Life is its Blood.

* The soul belongs to God, has Gods Breath of Life in it, and WHEN iMPARTED into a Mortal Body, Brings that Body into a of a Living Body.
(Souls are not Mortal. A soul is Dead ANY Time the soul is Separated from God. A soul does not Become born over and over. Nor does it physically, mortally Die. It is Not Mortal. A separation from God IS Spiritual, and a Spiritual Death. A RE- connection of a soul, WITH God, is a Restoration.)

* The Natural spirit of man, is the man's Natural True Belief in his heart, regardless of what Deception or False Ideas a man's Carnal MIND conjours up, in the Minds thoughts.
(A natural spirit is part of the flesh of a man's seed.
A Born Again spirit is the Birth of Gods Truth in a man's heart, by having received the SEED of God, By a man soliciting the Lord God, Confessing heartfelt belief, and the Lord God Imparting His SEED into the man's heart, by the Power of God. Gods POWER (Holy Spirit), Title: Word of God, Power of God, Christ, Name: Jesus.
Action: Baptism, Result: Born Again IN Christ.)

Each Life that pertains to ONE "Individual"...
Is Established at "different times."
Each Life of is called by ONE Name.

Bodily Life ... "developing"...is "Indirectly" Fed and sustained by the Mother's Life (blood)

The Body, is "being" "Formed" by God.

A Body that becomes BORN, alive, has Received its Soul (with Gods Breath), at Birth.

That Body (severed from the placenta (the indirect barrier between the mother's Life (Blood) and the developing Baby's Life,( its blood), marks the moment the baby is an Individual, and requires its First Element of the Earth (Oxygen) to Begin sustaining its natural Life (Blood).

FLESH Bodily Life is Only One Part of a humans Life.
A Body can Not "become Alive" without a Soul...or Oxygen.

The soul is given a completely form-Ed body at Birth.
The Body instinctively inhales the Earth's Element, Oxygen which is also necessary to Keep a Living Body ALIVE.

God designed mankind to be Individuals...
Then taught mankind "How to Become WHOLE."

First men, were taught, to become Whole, by male and female Kind of things JOINING, as Husband and Wife, God called a Marriage.

Later men were Taught How, to Become WHOLE, by individuals JOINING permanently With God.

Glory to God,
Taken

Reactions: Stan B

brionne

May 31, 2010
Australia
Another weird "translation". The correct translation is:

"Your eyes have seen my unformed substance;
And in Your book were all written
The days that were ordained for me,
When as yet there was not one of them."

there are many translations my friend.

Translation is like art...there is more then one way to paint a picture.

Getitright

Nov 7, 2019
North Georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I've been reading @Stan B and @charity about the breath of life from God.

I picture in creation when the Son of God kneels on the ground and gathers together a pile of dirt, pats it together into the shape of a man, then breaths life into the man.

We talk about Solomon's question, as he pondered the unknown,

Ecclesiaste 3
20 All go unto one place; all are of the dust, and all turn to dust again.
21 Who knoweth the spirit of man that goeth upward, and the spirit of the beast that goeth downward to the earth?

Who knows? Dust returns to dust, and the breath of life returns to God?

Someone said this in a way I really liked.

The body is like the filament in a light bulb, and the breath of life is like electricity, and light is like the soul of man. Give breath to the body, and we are a living soul. Take away that breath, and there is no more soul, just like there is no light after you unplug the lamp.

I know Chris's view, as many share, is that this breath of life leaves, and life leaves with it, until it is restored in the resurrection.

I know that Stan's view is that until the breath of life arrives, at birth, the fetus is not yet a living soul.

So here is my question.

If you believe that the breath of life leaving at death is the cessation of the person, then doesn't this equally mean that until that breath of life is inhaled, there is not yet a person?

To be clear, I don't hold to this view. I believe God gives life at conception, and that the soul as we think of it survives the death of the body.

Much love!

That would be logical. The question then becomes when is that breath breathed into the person?

Reactions: Stan B