The Carnal Christian

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Scripture acknowledges that childen of God sin, although it is God's intent that they do not. But if we sin, we have an Advocate with the Father, Jesus . . .

Much love!
Much agreed. My wife and I were just talking about this. I believe people need to take a closer look at Corinthians. I’ve heard so many commentators on this book, I’ve heard that the thorn in Paul’s flesh was a medical issue with his eyes, some say when he was on the way to Damascus and was blinded God never fully healed him. Some say it was that he had a wife.

The bottom line is this messenger of Satan e
Was a man assaulting his character, some Jew that had entered the church of Corinth telling everyone how rotten a sinner he was. So God being who he is was allowing Corinth to be wasted to humble Paul in effort to root out all pride.

That I not be exalted above men? In humiliation is were we want to be, if we want to experience the true power of God.

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I wonder how seriously North American Christians take the strictures against divorce and remarriage of various New Testament passages...

(Luke 16.18; Romans 7.2-3; 1 Corinthians 7.10-11)
The churches are full of it. They sit there Sunday apon Sunday causing one another to commit adultry

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I wonder how seriously North American Christians take the strictures against divorce and remarriage of various New Testament passages...

(Luke 16.18; Romans 7.2-3; 1 Corinthians 7.10-11)

Why just North American Christians?

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well, I'm in North America, with so many churches, but it applies elsewhere indeed.

I like Sir Robert Anderson's use of the word "Christendom". He used that to designate the "cultural Christianity", what the world sees as the church, as opposed to the true church hidden inside it. Christendom carries the name by not the life. But hidden inside this "in name only" church is the true and living and vibrant church, known by their love for each other.

Much love!
Mark

Reactions: Waiting on him

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
I like Sir Robert Anderson's use of the word "Christendom". He used that to designate the "cultural Christianity", what the world sees as the church, as opposed to the true church hidden inside it. Christendom carries the name by not the life. But hidden inside this "in name only" church is the true and living and vibrant church, known by their love for each other.

Much love!
Mark
This is why there shouldn't be a mixture between Christendom and the truly gathered, pilgrim saints who actually practise Acts 2.42.

Reactions: Waiting on him