The Catholic Church and Authority

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
The Holy Spirit guided the biblical authors to write what he wanted them to write.
If that where true than there would only be one bible, it would never need to be re written, men would not be confused and there would be no religion for all would be led by the Holy Spirit and know Christ themselves, but we see what happens when religiuos men write a book based on there doctrines. its a lovely mess they created, thank God for His mercy and Grace

epostle1

Sep 24, 2012
Essex
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
mjrhealth said:
No just anti relgion, catholism and all that oposses God, and if it ias entertaining than I guess you dont care too much about your salvation or the truth for that matter. Seems the only thinhg you care about is Catholisom and your churches doctrines whick all are "anti christ". I point people to Christ you send them to your church.Anti Christ you say??
It seems the only thing you care about is misrepresenting Catholicism with lies. Your insulting generalizations are meaningless. When we defend against the constant stream of attacks you say: "Seems the only thinhg you care about is Catholisom". DUH!

mjrhealth said:
If that where true than there would only be one bible, it would never need to be re written, men would not be confused and there would be no religion for all would be led by the Holy Spirit and know Christ themselves, but we see what happens when religiuos men write a book based on there doctrines. its a lovely mess they created, thank God for His mercy and Grace
Where in the Bible does the Holy Spirit lead individuals outside of and apart from and in contradiction to the Church Jesus founded? NOWHERE! It's a man made tradition!

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Where in the Bible does the Holy Spirit lead individuals outside of and apart from and in contradiction to the Church Jesus founded? NOWHERE! It's a man made tradition!
If you bothered to read the bible its all about jesus not your church,

Joh_14:6 Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.

Who Jesus not your church

Mar_8:34 And when he had called the people unto him with his disciples also, he said unto them, Whosoever will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow me.

Follow who?? Christ not your church

As for teh Holy Spirit

1Jn_2:27 But the anointing which ye have received of him abideth in you, and ye need not that any man teach you: but as the same anointing teacheth you of all things, and is truth, and is no lie, and even as it hath taught you, ye shall abide in him.

So you see not any of this has anything to do with your church its all to do with Jesus

Joh_14:26 But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you.

Who wil teach us?? The Holy Spirit who is given to all who believe, why,

1Jn_5:6 This is he that came by water and blood, even Jesus Christ; not by water only, but by water and blood. And it is the Spirit that beareth witness, because the Spirit is truth.

Not your religion, not your church, nothing to do with it at all.

And where does tha trevelation come from, that Christ is building "HIS" church on

Mat_11:25 At that time Jesus answered and said, I thank thee, O Father, Lord of heaven and earth, because thou hast hid these things from the wise and prudent, and hast revealed them unto babes.

Nothing to do with your church at all, not one bit.

lforrest

Staff member
Admin
Aug 10, 2012
Faith
Christian
Everyone here is intransigent concerning the RCC. That said, I don't see that this discussion is at all edifying and am locking it.

Status
Not open for further replies.