The Catholic Church gets put down a lot, but it was all that could help

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
When you vomit onto your keyboard your personal interpretation of scripture (which is completely OPPOSITE of most Protestant let alone Catholic teachings) and you keep eating your own vomit (repeating your own folly) then you are the fool. By doing this you have made yourself your own Pope and magisterium but you are telling me I can't have my Pope and magisterium.
Such angry people for those who supposedly know the truth.We have but one head that is Christ, others choose men like the pope. Your choosing not His, so dont get mad at us. again I do not need your prayers God knows my need. But again this is not for you, for even Jesus when He walked this earth could not convince the religious of the truth, even when standing there in front of them. They just wanted to Kill Him. things have not changed.

ScaliaFan

Apr 2, 2016
tom55 said:
When you vomit onto your keyboard your personal interpretation of scripture (which is completely OPPOSITE of most Protestant let alone Catholic teachings) and you keep eating your own vomit (repeating your own folly) then you are the fool. By doing this you have made yourself your own Pope and magisterium but you are telling me I can't have my Pope and magisterium.

BTW...I will pray for you because scripture says we should pray for each other.

Proverbs 26:11 Like a dog that returns to its vomit is a fool who reverts to his folly.
not the most loving post i have read, but I understand the frustration

and at least u said u would pray for... um... lost people

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia

Sad that those who supposedly know the truth get so mad and angry, always speaking of "hate", the blind leading the blind

ScaliaFan

Apr 2, 2016
mjrhealth said:
Sad that those who supposedly know the truth get so mad and angry, always speaking of "hate", the blind leading the blind
try being a Catholic in this Catholic hating world

b4 you throw stones...

I can totally u/stand his anger/frustration

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
try being a Catholic in this Catholic hating world
Was born and raised a catholic than Jesus found me, what is it about

2Pe_2:22 But it is happened unto them according to the true proverb, The dog is turned to his own vomit again; and the sow that was washed to her wallowing in the mire.

cant go back there. Stll yet to find anyone who hates catholics, you are well versed at twisting words.

B

brakelite

"try being a Catholic in this Catholic hating world"
Scaliafan...Catholicism has never been so popular. Every king, queen, president, prime-minister, has presented themselves before the pontiff, doing so year after year, IF they can get an appointment, and surrendering the sovereignty of their nations to the 'king of kings and lord of lords', the Jesuit led popes. Add to that the current ecumenical fashion that every religious leader in the world is now partaking of...Buddhist...Moslem...Jewish...Orthodox...Hindu...Protestant...and in the words of Revelation 13...'all the world is now wondering after the beast.'View attachment 410View attachment 411View attachment 412

Attachments

• 12036379_10201067108477410_6863369122514363220_n.jpg
    12036379_10201067108477410_6863369122514363220_n.jpg
    85.8 KB · Views: 11
  • 12042728_10152974051460518_6677660819813772859_n.jpg
    12042728_10152974051460518_6677660819813772859_n.jpg
    81.1 KB · Views: 13
  • 36862_10150215705050251_5347529_n.jpg
    36862_10150215705050251_5347529_n.jpg
    49.5 KB · Views: 11

tom55

Love your neighbor as yourself
Sep 9, 2013
mjrhealth said:
Such angry people for those who supposedly know the truth.We have but one head that is Christ, others choose men like the pope. Your choosing not His, so dont get mad at us. again I do not need your prayers God knows my need. But again this is not for you, for even Jesus when He walked this earth could not convince the religious of the truth, even when standing there in front of them. They just wanted to Kill Him. things have not changed.
No anger here. I was using YOUR dog returning to it's own vomit to show how you are a dog returning to it's own vomit.

I am not mad at anybody. I feel sorry for people like you that have twisted scripture so much it may effect your salvation. But I'm not mad at you.

I never said you needed my prayers. I said I will be praying for you like scripture tells me to do.

I agree. Things have not changed. There are still people like you that twist his word to your own destruction. I don't think you want to kill Him, however, you have killed his word by twisting it.

tom55

Sep 9, 2013
ScaliaFan said:

I was using his analogy. I did not lack love I just used his own words against him. I still love him; I (and any reasonable thinking Christian or theologian) just disagree with his twisted and lack of historical accuracy statements about Scripture.

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I was using his analogy. I did not lack love I just used his own words against him. I still love him; I (and any reasonable thinking Christian or theologian) just disagree with his twisted and lack of historical accuracy statements about Scripture.
Twisting scriptiure, you should read teh bible with your eyes open, and teh Holy Spirit to shine some light upon it.

ScaliaFan

Apr 2, 2016
brakelite said:
"try being a Catholic in this Catholic hating world"
Scaliafan...Catholicism has never been so popular. Every king, queen, president, prime-minister, has presented themselves before the pontiff, doing so year after year, IF they can get an appointment, and surrendering the sovereignty of their nations to the 'king of kings and lord of lords', the Jesuit led popes. Add to that the current ecumenical fashion that every religious leader in the world is now partaking of...Buddhist...Moslem...Jewish...Orthodox...Hindu...Protestant...and in the words of Revelation 13...'all the world is now wondering after the beast.'
attachicon.gif
12036379_10201067108477410_6863369122514363220_n.jpg
attachicon.gif
12042728_10152974051460518_6677660819813772859_n.jpg
attachicon.gif
36862_10150215705050251_5347529_n.jpg
u people need to wake up... the anti-Christ is... HELLLLLLOOOO... anti-Christ

fight the devil, if you have the courage... It is easy to fight people who are peace-loving... (Catholics)

In Revelation it speaks of the cowardly, the unbelieving... they are in the same category as liars... and all end up in the fiery lake of Fire

quit being a coward. Fight the devil, not a Christian Church

ScaliaFan

Apr 2, 2016
tom55 said:
there is a psg (St Paul) where he says not to pray for certain kinds of people (actually, those in certain kinds of SIN). I think this also applies to interacting w/ certain folks... there are some we should ignore because they do not really want to get anywhere spiritually.... just want to make Christians stumble... They have not had a productive day if they have not made someone stumble

sickos

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
??? For one who insists they have the truth you really are an angry man, Inssist we hate catholics where no one states that except "you", yes you are the only one speaking of hate. Than you come and call us "hypocrits", even though your "church", defies the bible,
lets see.

Call no man father.
do not have idols,
Repetivive prayer,
we have one mediator Christ, you insist on Mary?

Would you like this to go on. Again dont gat mad at us, it is your choosing, not Gods, again Jesus offered us all a way, if you choose another that is your problem.

Will make this last post on this subject its just going to where it belongs down the ....

tom55

Sep 9, 2013
ScaliaFan said:
there is a psg (St Paul) where he says not to pray for certain kinds of people (actually, those in certain kinds of SIN). I think this also applies to interacting w/ certain folks... there are some we should ignore because they do not really want to get anywhere spiritually.... just want to make Christians stumble... They have not had a productive day if they have not made someone stumble

sickos
I generally agree with your statement. I think I would have left the word "sickos" out.

Some on this site seem to be more anti-Christ in their statements than pro-Christ. I also believe there are some on this site who are atheist acting as Christians and they have joined this forum to sew confusion, hate, anger and discontent amongst us Christians. I will continue to pray for them

ScaliaFan

Apr 2, 2016
tom55 said:
I generally agree with your statement. I think I would have left the word "sickos" out.

Some on this site seem to be more anti-Christ in their statements than pro-Christ. I also believe there are some on this site who are atheist acting as Christians and they have joined this forum to sew confusion, hate, anger and discontent amongst us Christians. I will continue to pray for them
yes, anyone who attacks a Catholic, saying Catholics are "demented" or what have u for believing this or that... I mean, really, why don't these people go off and fight the REAL enemy? That is something i don't get... except that i do soemtimes get it... As u say some are atheists acting like Christians . That's one bad thing about the internet... dont know what the heck you are dealing with... and people think they can say any old thing on internet and no one will know about it... Well, God knows about it.. and i get the distinct feeling He isn't all that pleased

But anyway... maybe they are just narcissists who want attention?

In any case, i may be wrong to assume 95% of the time that the anticatholics are... not worth talking to--when maybe it is only... um... 85% :) but you know... i have very limited TIME

and so... they can always get their info from RCIA if they really want to know the truth about Catholicism... Obviously, most do not...

Phoneman777

Jan 14, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
ScaliaFan said:
yes, anyone who attacks a Catholic, saying Catholics are "demented" or what have u for believing this or that... I mean, really, why don't these people go off and fight the REAL enemy? That is something i don't get... except that i do soemtimes get it... As u say some are atheists acting like Christians . That's one bad thing about the internet... dont know what the heck you are dealing with... and people think they can say any old thing on internet and no one will know about it... Well, God knows about it.. and i get the distinct feeling He isn't all that pleased

But anyway... maybe they are just narcissists who want attention?

In any case, i may be wrong to assume 95% of the time that the anticatholics are... not worth talking to--when maybe it is only... um... 85% :) but you know... i have very limited TIME

and so... they can always get their info from RCIA if they really want to know the truth about Catholicism... Obviously, most do not...
A classic liberal tactic is to accuse those who condemn certain destructive beliefs or behaviors of a group as hate mongers who condemn the group at large.

For instance, if you point out that the number one cause of death in the afro-American minority group is "black on black" murder while simultaneously pointing out that murder as the cause of death among all other minority groups doesn't even break into the top 20...and then postulate that the reason afro-Americans have far more dealings with law enforcement officers is not due to systematic harassment/abuse by LEOs but because afro-Americans are statistically more violent with less regard for the rule of law and the solution to decreased interaction between afro-Americans and LEOs is for afro-Amercans to simply stop breaking the law, you get called "racist" or "bigot" by liberals who without any hope of refutation employ Lucifer worshiper Saul Alinsky's Rules for Radicals rule number 4: "Ridicule is man's most potent weapon."

In the same way, those of us who condemn the false teachings of Catholicism and entreat Catholics to renounce the claims of the pope and seek forgiveness, salvation, mediation, and trust in Jesus alone, are called similar names by...you guessed it...liberals who don't have a Biblical leg to stand on. It's evident to me that Michael Savage's book, Liberalism is a Mental Disorder should really have been entitled, Liberalism is Satanic.

ScaliaFan

Apr 2, 2016
Phoneman777 said:
A classic liberal tactic is to accuse those who condemn certain destructive beliefs or behaviors of a group as hate mongers who condemn the group at large.

For instance, if you point out that the number one cause of death in the afro-American minority group is "black on black" murder while simultaneously pointing out that murder as the cause of death among all other minority groups doesn't even break into the top 20...and then postulate that the reason afro-Americans have far more dealings with law enforcement officers is not due to systematic harassment/abuse by LEOs but because afro-Americans are statistically more violent with less regard for the rule of law and the solution to decreased interaction between afro-Americans and LEOs is for afro-Amercans to simply stop breaking the law, you get called "racist" or "bigot" by liberals who without any hope of refutation employ Lucifer worshiper Saul Alinsky's Rules for Radicals rule number 4: "Ridicule is man's most potent weapon."

In the same way, those of us who condemn the false teachings of Catholicism and entreat Catholics to renounce the claims of the pope and seek forgiveness, salvation, mediation, and trust in Jesus alone, are called similar names by...you guessed it...liberals who don't have a Biblical leg to stand on. It's evident to me that Michael Savage's book, Liberalism is a Mental Disorder should really have been entitled, Liberalism is Satanic.
I read that Savage book. I sometimes wonder why Savage doesn't get more media attn... they pro bably think he is a loon, too extreme or something...

In any case, I hate to tell u what u dont want to hear but the Catholc Church does not teach any error. Maybe some priest or even a bishop does but the official, ex cathedra teachings of the Church are straight from Christ

In my own human-ness, for example, i would probably think that abortion in some situations is OK. (when i was young and uncatechized... un-Christianized... didn't know Jesus, i actually did think such thoughts) But of course, the Church (Jesus) says NO. Murder is murder... and you know... I agree with that. I choose to agree with it.. I do not accept that just b/c some Church teaches it. True, i am not hte member of just "some church" but the ONE Christ established. But the point is that... well, the points are more than one

how do I KNOW it is the ONE He founded?

Well, i could never prove that to you or anyone else. But fortunatley, i dont have to. I prove it to myself and that is good enough for God... I know it is the True Church b/c... same example: the Church is the only one or virtually the only one nowadays that teaches that life is sacred and invilable no matter whom it is... You are free to murder NO ONE... says God (through His Church). This is one very clear sign of the Catholic Church being the true Church... respect for human life, created in God's image

I am a logical & truth-appreciating person. I do not believe something or some Church just b/c someone tells me "it is so". I believe and accept things b/c something inside tells me That is the truth (God's truth)

and if u are honest w/ yourself, you can yourself do no better than that..

Phoneman777

Jan 14, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
ScaliaFan said:
I read that Savage book. I sometimes wonder why Savage doesn't get more media attn... they pro bably think he is a loon, too extreme or something...

In any case, I hate to tell u what u dont want to hear but the Catholc Church does not teach any error. Maybe some priest or even a bishop does but the official, ex cathedra teachings of the Church are straight from Christ

In my own human-ness, for example, i would probably think that abortion in some situations is OK. (when i was young and uncatechized... un-Christianized... didn't know Jesus, i actually did think such thoughts) But of course, the Church (Jesus) says NO. Murder is murder... and you know... I agree with that. I choose to agree with it.. I do not accept that just b/c some Church teaches it. True, i am not hte member of just "some church" but the ONE Christ established. But the point is that... well, the points are more than one

how do I KNOW it is the ONE He founded?

Well, i could never prove that to you or anyone else. But fortunatley, i dont have to. I prove it to myself and that is good enough for God... I know it is the True Church b/c... same example: the Church is the only one or virtually the only one nowadays that teaches that life is sacred and invilable no matter whom it is... You are free to murder NO ONE... says God (through His Church). This is one very clear sign of the Catholic Church being the true Church... respect for human life, created in God's image

I am a logical & truth-appreciating person. I do not believe something or some Church just b/c someone tells me "it is so". I believe and accept things b/c something inside tells me That is the truth (God's truth)

and if u are honest w/ yourself, you can yourself do no better than that..
From "The Convert's Catechism of Catholic Doctrine" by Priest Peter Geirmann:
Q. Which day is the Sabbath day?
A. The seventh day is the Sabbath day.
Q. Why do we observe Sunday instead of Saturday?
A. We observe Sunday instead of Saturday because the Catholic church, in the Council of Laodicea (336 A.D.) transferred the solemnity from Saturday to Sunday.
Q. Have you any other way of proving that the church has power to institute festivals of precept? (IOW, "can she do that?")
A. Had she not such power, she could not have done that in which all modern religionists agree with her. She could not have substituted the observance of Sunday, the first day of the week, for the observance of Saturday, the seventh day of the week, a change for which their is no Scriptural authority."

From the Catholic Record, 1923:
"Sunday is our Mark of authority. The church is above the Bible, and this transference of Sabbath observance is proof of that fact."

Now, you are welcome to believe that the church has the power to change what God Himself wrote with His own finger in stone (Exodus 31:18 KJV; Exodus 34:1 KJV). You are welcome to believe the Catholic church is right to deny God's claim that what He wrote with His finger will stand fast forever and ever (Psalm 111:7-8 KJV). You are welcome to believe that the authority of the Catholic church is "above" God's divine authority on which the Holy Spirit inspired Word of God stands as a testament.

What you are not welcome to do is continue to claim that the teachings of the Catholic church are in harmony with Scripture when the Catholic church itself so plainly denies that this is so, friend.

B

brakelite

ScaliaFan said:
u people need to wake up... the anti-Christ is... HELLLLLLOOOO... anti-Christ

fight the devil, if you have the courage... It is easy to fight people who are peace-loving... (Catholics)

In Revelation it speaks of the cowardly, the unbelieving... they are in the same category as liars... and all end up in the fiery lake of Fire

Hi. There is a misconception of the term antichrist. Most people do believe it to refer to someone who is a blatant out and out enemy of all things Christian and through open warfare, pursues, desecrates, blasphemes, and murders all Christians he comes across, destroying churches, burning Bibles, making the Christian religion illegal. This is not so. The root meaning of the term comes with a sense of replacement. This entity, whoever or whatever he is, replaces Christ, and thus by doing so, becomes an enemy. This is accomplished through deception...through false teachings....through a system that replaces the truths of the Bible and the person of Jesus Christ and His ministry with a vacarius ministry and a vacarius priesthood and a vacarius means to salvation. It is in this fashion that he reveals himself an enemy of Christ. Placing himself, and his system of religion, "instead" of Christ in the minds and hearts of his followers.
2 Thess. 2:3 ¶ Let no man deceive you by any means: for that day shall not come, except there come a falling away first, and that man of sin be revealed, the son of perdition; (like Judas who betrayed Jesus with a kiss)
4 Who opposeth and exalteth himself above all that is called God, or that is worshipped; so that he as God sitteth in the temple of God, (the NT church)shewing himself that he is God.

Phoneman777

Jan 14, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
brakelite said:
Hi. There is a misconception of the term antichrist. Most people do believe it to refer to someone who is a blatant out and out enemy of all things Christian and through open warfare, pursues, desecrates, blasphemes, and murders all Christians he comes across, destroying churches, burning Bibles, making the Christian religion illegal. This is not so. The root meaning of the term comes with a sense of replacement. This entity, whoever or whatever he is, replaces Christ, and thus by doing so, becomes an enemy. This is accomplished through deception...through false teachings....through a system that replaces the truths of the Bible and the person of Jesus Christ and His ministry with a vacarius ministry and a vacarius priesthood and a vacarius means to salvation. It is in this fashion that he reveals himself an enemy of Christ. Placing himself, and his system of religion, "instead" of Christ in the minds and hearts of his followers.
2 Thess. 2:3 ¶ Let no man deceive you by any means: for that day shall not come, except there come a falling away first, and that man of sin be revealed, the son of perdition; (like Judas who betrayed Jesus with a kiss)
4 Who opposeth and exalteth himself above all that is called God, or that is worshipped; so that he as God sitteth in the temple of God, (the NT church)shewing himself that he is God.
Amazing how people are so stupefied. They know that there are only two references in the entire Bible regarding the "Son of Perdition" - Judas and the Antichrist. They know that Judas came into the church, kept up appearances in the church, and gave no indication that he was filled with Satan while he lived and worked among the church, and betrayed Christ and His church (the Papacy arose within the early church, dragged in every stripe and type of paganism imaginable, gives all appearances that it is Christ's friend and the Vicar of Christ for Christians, and yet horrifically massacred millions upon millions of the faithful and tramples the authority and position of Christ as the church's only one time Sacrifice for sin, High Priest, Mediator, and Advocate).

Yet, when confronted with the idea that the Papacy fits this exact description as this "Son of Perdition", their brains short circuit and they default to the Jesuit idea of a last seven years of tribulation Antichrist which arises outside the church. As Elisha once prayed, "Lord, open their eyes!"

Status
Not open for further replies.