The Catholic Church gets put down a lot, but it was all that could help

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

heretoeternity

Oct 11, 2014
Asia/Pacific
tom55 said:
Jesus said, "Whoever listens to you listens to me; whoever rejects you rejects me; but whoever rejects me rejects him who sent me."

Sounds like Jesus disagrees with you!!
How would you know? You should try learning Jesus words in the Gospels and follow them, then you will know the truth and it will make you free..John 8.32

Josho

Millennial Christian
Staff member
Jul 19, 2015
The Land of Aus
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
As i have said before and will say it again, the current Pope St Francis is a good man, and he has produced good fruit, i see nothing wrong with him, the man himself is heaven-bound, he is completely for Christ and born again, and has no evil intentions. Look if i was the Pope would i want to destroy God's people? Absolutely not, why would I? And you do realize when the Pope is doing a lot more for Christ then many other Christians are, you would be surprised, and when he is not touring the world preaching, he probably spends a lot of time with God, i believe he even admitted he doesn't watch TV and come on what does he preach? The Gospel... He even told those Mexican and Italian Catholics in the Mafia that what they were doing was evil and that they weren't living Christ-like lives and they better repent and turn their lives around, some may have listened, some may have not, he ended up expelling a lot of them from the Catholic church though, i could imagine it he probably brought parts of the Mafia into tears. The Pope has also kept his position against gay marriage, he has excommunicated gay priests before, and he has even done so to priests who support gay marriage in the Church, he has also backed the people in Mexico protesting against gay marriage, he has said homosexuality does not equal heterosexual relationships, there are a lot of other Christians who won't even speak out the truth about morals and a lot have accepted immorality into their lives. The pope is doing a much better job then a lot of other Christians. He is in no way the anti-Christ or against Christ and from what i see, he produces good fruit and is heaven-bound, I feel the Spirit has also agreed with me on the Pope being a born again Christian.

Mungo

May 23, 2012
England
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
heretoeternity said:
Mungo, still waiting on the answers to my questions...guess you are stum
Tom answered you. Do you want me to repeat what he said?

kyrie-eleison

Oct 13, 2016
heretoeternity said:
Are you are now comparing the pope to JESUS? Do you know what blasphemy is? Why does the pope and the organization he leads think of himself equal to Jesus? Why does the Roman religion keep preaching this idea? Why doesn't this Roman religion follow the Bible teachings of Jesus? There are so many more questions that need to be addressed...
We are all called to be Christlike.

Phoneman777

Jan 14, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Josho said:
As i have said before and will say it again, the current Pope St Francis is a good man, and he has produced good fruit,
Good man? You realize that he claims to be the cistern from which all grace flows to his faithful, right? Or that he claims to be "Christ's Vicar" which means "Christ's representative" on Earth, right? Or that the Papacy has always claimed that the Pope is "God on Earth", right?

Who is Christ's representative on Earth? The Holy Spirit.
From Whom does grace flow? From God.
Who is the only God on Earth? The Creator.

What does this Pope that you speak so highly of commit unabashedly? BLASPHEMY.

Seriously, what does the pope or the papacy have to do to bring down the well deserved condemnation that you liberal bleeding hearts refuse to render - rape children? Infiltrate and dismantle the political, social, and economic institutions of nations through Jesuit intrigue? Oh, that's right - they've been doing that for centuries...

Josho

Millennial Christian
Staff member
Jul 19, 2015
The Land of Aus
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Phoneman777 said:
Good man? You realize that he claims to be the cistern from which all grace flows to his faithful, right? Or that he claims to be "Christ's Vicar" which means "Christ's representative" on Earth, right? Or that the Papacy has always claimed that the Pope is "God on Earth", right?

From Whom does grace flow? From God.
Who is the only God on Earth? The Creator.

What does this Pope that you speak so highly of commit unabashedly? BLASPHEMY.

Seriously, what does the pope or the papacy have to do to bring down the well deserved condemnation that you liberal bleeding hearts refuse to render - rape children? Infiltrate and dismantle the political, social, and economic institutions of nations through Jesuit intrigue? Oh, that's right - they've been doing that for centuries...
Ok Phoneman, tell me what evil does the pope intend to do to the world? He has already done a lot better than many other Christians. And how would you know your info? He has used his voice in this corrupt world and he has used it for good, I am sure he spends more time with God then a lot of us Christians. Why do half of us Christians spend so much time putting down Catholics, they are just another denomination and Catholics are born again if they have asked Jesus into their hearts and are baptized in water and spirit, and if they only serve one master, and there are quite a number of Catholics who only serve Jesus, yes of course there will be Catholics in heaven.

And I'm sorry i don't pay attention to anti-Catholic rubbish about the pope being the anti-christ and other made up conspiracy theory garbage, the Illuminati is almost non-existent, all the garbage you read about it is made up from fear. People would not purposely put 3 thick stripes on a barcode to represent the mark of the beast, how do some Christians get so deceived by that, you do not need to take the mark of the beast to work for the national security, there are born again Christians who work for them, "OH but if you type illuminati backwards as a url that takes you to national security of America website" a lot of people don't realize how easy it is for anyone to make a redirect to a website, for all you know Julian Assange could have made that redirect (not a fact just an example) but you get it anyone could have made that redirect. Back onto topic Australia is cracking down on pedophile priests, and they are not real Christians/Catholics, and if they don't repent and change their ways and ask Jesus into their hearts they are gonna end up in a lot of trouble on judgement day, I'm sure the Pope is also trying his best to crack down on corruption in the Catholic Church as well.

As a Pentecostal Christian, I feel in the Spirit that this Pope is a born again Christian. I feel a peace in my heart about this Pope, the same peace that led me to buy my car. Phoneman777, be led and you will find out the truth about the Pope, anti-Catholic websites is not the no.1 source for information, no, why look at them when you can get truths from the Holy Spirit living in your heart?

Mungo

May 23, 2012
England
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Phoneman777 said:
kepha31 answered this one earlier:

"I don't know that comes from. "Vicar" means ambassador or servant, a highly erroneous title for the Holy Spirit."

You realize that he claims to be the cistern from which all grace flows to his faithful, right?

Can you provide a source for that.

Or that the Papacy has always claimed that the Pope is "God on Earth", right?

Mungo

May 23, 2012
England
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Sorry, double post (I'm having problems with my internet connection).

Phoneman777

Jan 14, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Josho said:
Ok Phoneman, tell me what evil does the pope intend to do to the world? He has already done a lot better than many other Christians. And how would you know your info? He has used his voice in this corrupt world and he has used it for good, I am sure he spends more time with God then a lot of us Christians. Why do half of us Christians spend so much time putting down Catholics, they are just another denomination and Catholics are born again if they have asked Jesus into their hearts and are baptized in water and spirit, and if they only serve one master, and there are quite a number of Catholics who only serve Jesus, yes of course there will be Catholics in heaven.

And I'm sorry i don't pay attention to anti-Catholic rubbish about the pope being the anti-christ and other made up conspiracy theory garbage, the Illuminati is almost non-existent, all the garbage you read about it is made up from fear. People would not purposely put 3 thick stripes on a barcode to represent the mark of the beast, how do some Christians get so deceived by that, you do not need to take the mark of the beast to work for the national security, there are born again Christians who work for them, "OH but if you type illuminati backwards as a url that takes you to national security of America website" a lot of people don't realize how easy it is for anyone to make a redirect to a website, for all you know Julian Assange could have made that redirect (not a fact just an example) but you get it anyone could have made that redirect. Back onto topic Australia is cracking down on pedophile priests, and they are not real Christians/Catholics, and if they don't repent and change their ways and ask Jesus into their hearts they are gonna end up in a lot of trouble on judgement day, I'm sure the Pope is also trying his best to crack down on corruption in the Catholic Church as well.

As a Pentecostal Christian, I feel in the Spirit that this Pope is a born again Christian. I feel a peace in my heart about this Pope, the same peace that led me to buy my car. Phoneman777, be led and you will find out the truth about the Pope, anti-Catholic websites is not the no.1 source for information, no, why look at them when you can get truths from the Holy Spirit living in your heart?
So, you have NO PROBLEM with a sinful man claiming to take the place of the Father (pope claims to be "God on Earth"), taking the place of the Son (Pope claims to be the fountain of grace from which alone we obtain it), and taking the place of the Holy Spirit (pope claims to be Christ's representative on Earth, which is the job of the Holy Spirit)? I bet God Himself has a huge problem with that.

Phoneman777

Jan 14, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Mungo said:
kepha31 answered this one earlier:

"I don't know that comes from. "Vicar" means ambassador or servant, a highly erroneous title for the Holy Spirit."

"But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you."

So, how can Jesus Christ Himself:
  • "come to you" (John 14:18 KJV)
  • be "with you always, even unto the end of the Earth" (Matthew 28:20 KJV)
  • "dwell in our hearts" (Ephesians 3:17 KJV)
...when He is presently conducting Himself as our High Priest in the Heavenly Sanctuary, unless the Holy Spirit is here "in My name" to accomplish all that for Him? Through His true "Vicar", the Holy Spirit.

While we are all "ambassadors" for Christ (2 Corinthians 5:20 KJV), not one of us can presume to be equal with Christ in title, name, authority, and attributes, which the Papacy most certainly claims true of the pope Benny. Only the Holy Spirit can claim such.

Josho

Millennial Christian
Staff member
Jul 19, 2015
The Land of Aus
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Phoneman777 said:
So, you have NO PROBLEM with a sinful man claiming to take the place of the Father (pope claims to be "God on Earth"), taking the place of the Son (Pope claims to be the fountain of grace from which alone we obtain it), and taking the place of the Holy Spirit (pope claims to be Christ's representative on Earth, which is the job of the Holy Spirit)? I bet God Himself has a huge problem with that.
He does not claim to be God on Earth.... I think you have missed 2 Corinthians 5:20? Aren't we all called to represent Christ. I will give you a few different versions of that.

2 Corinthians 5:20 - NIV
We are therefore Christ's ambassadors, as though God were making his appeal through us. We implore you on Christ's behalf: Be reconciled to God.

2 Corinthians 5:20 - International Standard Version
Therefore, we are the Messiah's representatives, as though God were pleading through us. We plead on the Messiah's behalf: "Be reconciled to God!"

2 Corinthians 5:20 - Aramaic Bible in English

We are Ambassadors therefore in the place of The Messiah, and as if he who is God requested of you by us in the place of The Messiah, we beseech you therefore: “Be reconciled to God.”

Now lets look at the word Ambassador, in this case, by the way it's used it's just another word for
representative. If you send a Canadian down to Australia to start up an embassy, he is a Canadian ambassador, he is a representative for Canada in Australia. Just like if you were to send the Brazil national soccer team into the Russian world Cup they are representing Brazil. Now everyone of us as a citizen of a nation we would most likely be representing our nation or where our parents come from by our culture. Same goes for Christianity, as Christians, we are called the Body of Christ and who are we supposed to represent as the Body of Christ? Christ...

And I urge you to check with the Spirit, before making such judgments about the Pope. Don't rely on your own human understanding of the Bible, because i have heard many Christians come up with all sorts of different interpretations of what the Bible actually says. And none of us as of yet, clearly know the symbolic language of Revelation, and i believe a lot of it will remain secret, until the time comes, and it's for obvious reasons, so we don't have everyone claiming that Jesus is coming back at this day, or some other date, or in 50 years time. Jesus is coming back unexpectedly. Do you think he wants us to figure out the date of the tribulation and judgement day? I think not... And the false prophet, the beasts of the land and sea, the great harlot, might not be human figures either. But I probably should take this to the Anti-Christ topic though, because it's starting to go off topic.

heretoeternity

Oct 11, 2014
Asia/Pacific
He does not claim to be God on Earth.... I think you have missed 2 Corinthians 5:20? Aren't we all called to represent Christ. I will give you a few different versions of that.

[background=#fdfeff]We are therefore Christ's ambassadors, as though God were making his appeal through us. We implore you on Christ's behalf: Be reconciled to God. [/size][/background]
[background=#fdfeff]Therefore, we are the Messiah's representatives, as though God were pleading through us. We plead on the Messiah's behalf: "Be reconciled to God!"

2 Corinthians 5:20 - Aramaic Bible in English[/size][/background]

[background=#fdfeff]We are Ambassadors therefore in the place of The Messiah, and as if he who is God requested of you by us in the place of The Messiah, we beseech you therefore: “Be reconciled to God.”

Now lets look at the word Ambassador, in this case, by the way it's used it's just another word for [/size][/background]
[background=#fdfeff]representative. If you send a Canadian down to Australia to start up an embassy, he is a Canadian ambassador, he is a representative for Canada in Australia. Just like if you were to send the Brazil national soccer team into the Russian world Cup they are representing Brazil. Now everyone of us as a citizen of a nation we would most likely be representing our nation or where our parents come from by our culture. Same goes for Christianity, as Christians, we are called the Body of Christ and who are we supposed to represent as the Body of Christ? Christ...[/background]

And I urge you to check with the Spirit, before making such judgments about the Pope. Don't rely on your own human understanding of the Bible, because i have heard many Christians come up with all sorts of different interpretations of what the Bible actually says. And none of us as of yet, clearly know the symbolic language of Revelation, and i believe a lot of it will remain secret, until the time comes, and it's for obvious reasons, so we don't have everyone claiming that Jesus is coming back at this day, or some other date, or in 50 years time. Jesus is coming back unexpectedly. Do you think he wants us to figure out the date of the tribulation and judgement day? I think not... And the false prophet, the beasts of the land and sea, the great harlot, might not be human figures either. But I probably should take this to the Anti-Christ topic though, because it's starting to go off topic.

You should actually do some research of history, if you do not believe the Bible...The Roman church has killed tens of thousands of innocent people who would not conform to their perverted doctrines...yes and under the direction of popes over the centuries, it has been in existence. So to defend them is to defend murder and persecution of people who want to follow God, as the Bible and the commandments of God instructs them

Josho

Millennial Christian
Staff member
Jul 19, 2015
The Land of Aus
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I do believe the Bible, but Revelation is not all literal, and the Pope can't stop everyone from doing it, the Catholics in Mexico who go killing Christians of other denominations, aren't true Catholics. Just like the Ku Klux Klan claimed to be Christian, but they weren't true Christians. Hitler and the Nazis also claimed to be Christian, they weren't true Christians. Do you think one disciple can stop all that goes around him? When Revelation talks about Rome, it may talk about a spiritual Rome, the Rome in this world isn't the same now as it was back in Paul's time. Rev uses a lot of symbolic language.

heretoeternity

Oct 11, 2014
Asia/Pacific
Maybe Rome is not the same Rome, but the Vatican is the same Babylonian based religious power it always has been, and even moreso...they have never deviated from their perverted pagan based belief system. They have mixed enough christianity in with it's system to give it credibility, but still deviates from God's Holy word..

Mungo

May 23, 2012
England
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Phoneman,
You made these two claims earlier:

"You realize that he claims to be the cistern from which all grace flows to his faithful, right?"

"Or that the Papacy has always claimed that the Pope is "God on Earth", right?"

I asked you to provide a source and you have failed to do so.

Exodus 20:16 "You shall not bear false witness against your neighbour."

Mungo

May 23, 2012
England
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
heretoeternity said:
Maybe Rome is not the same Rome, but the Vatican is the same Babylonian based religious power it always has been, and even moreso...they have never deviated from their perverted pagan based belief system. They have mixed enough christianity in with it's system to give it credibility, but still deviates from God's Holy word..
Prove it.

All we ever get from you is your false claims - never backed up by evidence of even the weakest kind.

Mungo

May 23, 2012
England
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
heretoeternity said:
You should actually do some research of history, if you do not believe the Bible...The Roman church has killed tens of thousands of innocent people who would not conform to their perverted doctrines...yes and under the direction of popes over the centuries, it has been in existence.
Prove it.

All we ever get from you is your false claims - never backed up by evidence of even the weakest kind.

Mungo

May 23, 2012
England
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Phoneman777 said:
"But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you."

So, how can Jesus Christ Himself:

• "come to you" (John 14:18 KJV)

• be "with you always, even unto the end of the Earth" (Matthew 28:20 KJV)

• "dwell in our hearts" (Ephesians 3:17 KJV)

...when He is presently conducting Himself as our High Priest in the Heavenly Sanctuary, unless the Holy Spirit is here "in My name" to accomplish all that for Him? Through His true "Vicar", the Holy Spirit.
A Vicar is one who stands in for a superior when he is not physically present. He represents the other and is under their authority.

The Holy spirit is not inferior to Christ.

The Pope is the successor of Peter who was appointed by Christ to lead His Church on earth.

The Holy Spirit has a different role.

While we are all "ambassadors" for Christ (2 Corinthians 5:20 KJV), not one of us can presume to be equal with Christ in title, name, authority, and attributes, which the Papacy most certainly claims true of the pope Benny. Only the Holy Spirit can claim such.

Please provide evidence that the Pope claims to be equal with Christ in title, name, authority, and attributes.

Phoneman777

Jan 14, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Josho said:

We are therefore Christ's ambassadors, as though God were making his appeal through us. We implore you on Christ's behalf: Be reconciled to God.

Therefore, we are the Messiah's representatives, as though God were pleading through us. We plead on the Messiah's behalf: "Be reconciled to God!"

2 Corinthians 5:20 - Aramaic Bible in English

We are Ambassadors therefore in the place of The Messiah, and as if he who is God requested of you by us in the place of The Messiah, we beseech you therefore: “Be reconciled to God.”

Now lets look at the word Ambassador, in this case, by the way it's used it's just another word for
representative. If you send a Canadian down to Australia to start up an embassy, he is a Canadian ambassador, he is a representative for Canada in Australia. Just like if you were to send the Brazil national soccer team into the Russian world Cup they are representing Brazil. Now everyone of us as a citizen of a nation we would most likely be representing our nation or where our parents come from by our culture. Same goes for Christianity, as Christians, we are called the Body of Christ and who are we supposed to represent as the Body of Christ? Christ...

These words appeared in the Roman Canon Law: "To believe that our Lord God the Pope has not the power to decree as he is decreed, is to be deemed heretical.-I?ithe Gloss "Extravagantes" o.f Pope John XXII Cum inter, Tit. XIV, Cap. IV. Ad Callem Sexti Decretalium, Paris, 1685

Phoneman777

Jan 14, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Mungo said:
Please provide evidence that the Pope claims to be equal with Christ in title, name, authority, and attributes.
"All the names which are attributed to Christ in Scripture, implying His supremacy over the church, are also attributed to the Pope." Bellamin, "On the Authority of Councils," book 2, Chapter 17.

Christ called Himself the means by which heaven and earth are bridged (John 1:51 KJV) and pope Benny is referred to as "Pontifix Maximus", the "Supreme Bridgebuilder".

Status
Not open for further replies.