The Catholic Church gets put down a lot, but it was all that could help

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Phoneman777

Jan 14, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
kepha31 said:
You listed about 8 different topics, which proves you are not interested in any explanations. It's called the shot gun tactic, or cluster bombing, a tactic made to keep Catholics running in circles. You had no reply to my post #601 so you throw a temper tantrum instead. I'll discuss anything but I don't reply to multiple topics in a single hateful rant. You claim to trust Jesus and His Word implicitly but deny "His word" that teaches the Church will never fall away. You claim to trust Jesus and His Word implicitly but deny "His word" that Jesus builds an infallible indefectable Church. Scroll up to post #601, you missed it or ignored it. Post #614 is another one that demolishes false pre-conceived notions about unity.
There are no provisions in canon law for blind prejudice.

I don't think you are lost, just confused by the various opinions of the so called reformers, and misled by today's' tidal wave of anti-Catholic polemics. Post #614 is another one that demolishes false pre-conceived notions. So you post insulting red herrings as distractions because that's how you deal with posts you can't answer.

red_herring2.gif
Really, I am truly interested to know if the RCC considers me a lost heretic for my beliefs, seeing that they have claimed in the past that one such as me most certainly is lost. Have they changed their position on the issue?

Mungo

May 23, 2012
England
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Josho said:
Firstly not all Catholics are born again but some Catholics are, so long as they only serve Jesus, have repented, have asked the Holy Ghost into their hearts, have been baptized by water and the spirit then yes they are born again and are just another Christian denomination. Secondly the word of God does not say the Pope is the anti-christ, and the Holy Spirit hasn't told me he is either, and while some may worship the Pope, not every catholic does. It's amazing i don't know even know where ya all get your information from about the Anti-Christ?. The Anti-Christ is anyone who is against Christ. And I'm pretty sure this Pope St Francis is not against Christ, no matter what Christian media say about him, he is not a native English speaker and can easily be misintepretated. Don't ya all realize the world is gonna get a lot worst? Jeez the end of ends are gonna be as bad as the days of Noah.
All Catholics were "born again" at their baptism.

No Catholic worships the Pope.

epostle1

Sep 24, 2012
Essex
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Phoneman777 said:
Really, I am truly interested to know if the RCC considers me a lost heretic for my beliefs, seeing that they have claimed in the past that one such as me most certainly is lost. Have they changed their position on the issue?
I answered this in post #601, 609, 614. You WANT the Church to consider you a lost heretic because that would justify your anti-Catholic fist shaking. That may explain your refusal or inability to comprehend what I said three times. I see no point in posting it 4 times.
Everything that is true in your church came from the Catholic Church, so if she is wrong, then so are you.

church_bible_based.jpg

heretoeternity

Oct 11, 2014
Asia/Pacific
That makes no sense.

Of course it makes no sense to you....Jesus said in Matthew 15 "they honour me with their lips but their hearts are far from me"....hence don't only talk the talk but walk the walk...keep the Commandments of God..John 14 and Matthew 19 "to enter into life keep the commandments"

Josho

Millennial Christian
Staff member
Jul 19, 2015
The Land of Aus
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Mungo said:
All Catholics were "born again" at their baptism.

No Catholic worships the Pope.
I didn't intend any discrimination towards the Catholic church, what i meant is you have Catholics who simply just call themselves Catholics who are not real Catholics, and you have other Christians who call themselves Christians who are not real Christians and i can explain this further on if you want me too, but i think it's pretty obvious. You may have missed my main point though, the Catholic church is just another denomination of Christianity and is a true denomination, unlike Latter Day Saints or the Jehovah's Witnesses who have a twisted message. There seem to be a lot of anti-catholics around here on these forums, it seems to me many other Christians don't realize Catholics are also part of the body of Christ. And yes there will be Catholics in heaven, and im sure the current Pope St Francis is 1 of them, he has been a great role model standing up for Christ among all the corruption in the South American nations and Central American nations and he is definitely not the anti-christ or against Christ in anyway and I feel in the spirit that he is born again and heaven bound. The Pope is more Christian than a lot of Christians out there no matter what denomination.

heretoeternity

Oct 11, 2014
Asia/Pacific
I didn't intend any discrimination towards the Catholic church, what i meant is you have Catholics who simply just call themselves Catholics who are not real Catholics, and you have other Christians who call themselves Christians who are not real Christians and i can explain this further on if you want me too, but i think it's pretty obvious. You may have missed my main point though, the Catholic church is just another denomination of Christianity and is a true denomination, unlike Latter Day Saints or the Jehovah's Witnesses who have a twisted message. There seem to be a lot of anti-catholics around here on these forums, it seems to me many other Christians don't realize Catholics are also part of the body of Christ. And yes there will be Catholics in heaven, and im sure the current Pope St Francis is 1 of them, he has been a great role model standing up for Christ among all the corruption in the South American nations and Central American nations and he is definitely not the anti-christ or against Christ in anyway and I feel in the spirit that he is born again and heaven bound. The Pope is more Christian than a lot of Christians out there no matter what denomination.

Read the Bible, Revelation 17 and 18 to see what thinks of this organization.

Josho

Millennial Christian
Staff member
Jul 19, 2015
The Land of Aus
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
heretoeternity said:
You do not know who Rev 17 and 18 is exactly talking about, and i doubt it has anything to do with the Catholic church and Pope St Francis. In Australia many of us don't even pay attention to fear created Illuminati conspiracy theories aka assumptions made out of fear, "i haven't heard of 1 yet that was inspired by the Holy Spirit yet." Yes i have looked up the fears of the Illuminati and it seems like a lot of rubbish to me. Do you really think the governments, national security, military and police forces mean to do evil to the world? It's a joke, yes some of them may have twisted minds but they don't mean evil and yes there are quite a number of Christians in them too. Now back onto topic, If you were the Pope yourself, you wouldn't be silly enough to have a motive to make the world nastier place would ya? And you are not the Pope yourself, so you do not know his intentions neither do people creating all these fears. I bet ya if you were to join politics or the national security, you would not have to take the mark of the beast as many people assume, and i bet ya there is some real good Christians in those organizations too, as well as in the Catholic church. So mate if i was to become the Pope I'm sure i wouldn't lose my salvation. God did not forbid people to join the Catholic church. As i said if they have asked Jesus into their hearts, are baptized by water and the Holy Spirit, they are saved, it's really not that complicated.

epostle1

Sep 24, 2012
Essex
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
After distorting the text and history to read what they want into the Bible, and thereby obtaining God's "blessing" on their hatred of the Catholic Church, some "Christians" ignore the only texts of Scripture which tells us about the religious leanings of the Antichrist. The Catholic faith being a religion you would think they would see what it teaches on the only criteria the Bible actually gives about the Antichrist. In St. John's letters (1 John 4, 2 John 1), he tells us that the spirit of the Antichrist denies the Incarnation (the Son of God becoming man) and thereby also the Trinity (the Father and the Spirit, too). THIS IS THE SPIRIT OF ANTI-CHRIST.

There is not a single text in 2000 years, including the new Catechism of the Catholic Church, where the Catholic Church, her popes, her bishops, her official teachings, her saints, or her acknowledged ecclesiastical authors, deny the Word-made-flesh or the Blessed Trinity. Instead, all of Christianity owes the preservation of these Truths to the Catholic Church, whose great Councils formulated them and whose saints and popes have defended them to this day, often at the cost of martyrdom. Why is this never mentioned in the Profits of Doom literature?

St. Pope John Paul the Great has written three great encyclical (circular) letters on the Trinity, one for each Divine Person. The Catholic Church does not have the spirit of the Antichrist but of God, since no one without the Spirit can say "Jesus is Lord" (1 Cor. 12:3), something the Church and Catholics always have done and continue to do!

epostle1

Sep 24, 2012
Essex
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
heretoeternity said:
Some anti-Catholics claim the Catholic Church is the Whore of Babylon of Revelation 17 and 18. Dave Hunt, in his 1994 book, A Woman Rides the Beast, presents nine arguments to try to prove this. His claims are a useful summary of those commonly used by Fundamentalists, and an examination of them shows why they don’t work.

Hunting the Whore of Babylon or The Lies of Dave Hunt Exposed

Phoneman777

Jan 14, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
kepha31 said:
I answered this in post #601, 609, 614. You WANT the Church to consider you a lost heretic because that would justify your anti-Catholic fist shaking. That may explain your refusal or inability to comprehend what I said three times. I see no point in posting it 4 times.
Everything that is true in your church came from the Catholic Church, so if she is wrong, then so are you.

church_bible_based.jpg
Kepha, yes or no will suffice.

BTW, it is utterly impossible that MY Bible is based on YOUR church, for YOUR church would never have written a book which exposes the Papacy as the Antichrist, which is the case with MY Bible.

epostle1

Sep 24, 2012
Essex
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Phoneman777 said:
Kepha, yes or no will suffice.
A yes or no will not suffice. It's a complicated topic that actually requires a little reading, that you obviously cannot or will not do. I've spoon fed you the answers, it's just not the answers you expected. This is from post # 609 that gives the reformulation of Extra ecclesiam nulla salus that you have decided to re-define it to force fit into your agenda.. Once again:

817 In fact, "in this one and only Church of God from its very beginnings there arose certain rifts, which the Apostle strongly censures as damnable. But in subsequent centuries much more serious dissensions appeared and large communities became separated from full communion with the Catholic Church - for which, often enough, men of both sides were to blame."269 The ruptures that wound the unity of Christ's Body - here we must distinguish heresy, apostasy, and schism270 - do not occur without human sin:

Where there are sins, there are also divisions, schisms, heresies, and disputes. Where there is virtue, however, there also are harmony and unity, from which arise the one heart and one soul of all believers.271

818 "However, one cannot charge with the sin of the separation those who at present are born into these communities [that resulted from such separation] and in them are brought up in the faith of Christ, and the Catholic Church accepts them with respect and affection as brothers . . . . All who have been justified by faith in Baptism are incorporated into Christ; they therefore have a right to be called Christians, and with good reason are accepted as brothers in the Lord by the children of the Catholic Church."272

819 "Furthermore, many elements of sanctification and of truth"273 are found outside the visible confines of the Catholic Church: "the written Word of God; the life of grace; faith, hope, and charity, with the other interior gifts of the Holy Spirit, as well as visible elements."274 Christ's Spirit uses these Churches and ecclesial communities as means of salvation, whose power derives from the fullness of grace and truth that Christ has entrusted to the Catholic Church. All these blessings come from Christ and lead to him,275 and are in themselves calls to "Catholic unity."276
CCC
Post #618 that you also ignored or can't comprehend:

Those trying to grasp the meaning of this teaching often struggle with its formulations by various Church Fathers and Church Councils down through history. Of course, to understand an isolated formulation of any Church teaching,

one must study the historical context within which it was written:

why it was written,

what was going on in the Church at the time,

who the intended audience was, and so on. (anti-Catholics can only quote out of these contexts)

One must discover how the magisterium (teaching office) of the Church understands its own teaching. If someone fails to do this and chooses, rather, to simply treat a particular formulation as a stand-alone teaching, he runs the risk of seriously misunderstanding it. (what phoneman does)

In recent times, the Church has recognized that its teaching about the necessity of the Catholic Church for salvation has been widely misunderstood, so it has "re-formulated" this teaching in a positive way. Here is how the Catechism of the Catholic Church begins to address this topic:

"How are we to understand this affirmation, often repeated by the Church Fathers? Reformulated positively, it means that all salvation comes from Christ the Head through the Church which is his Body" (CCC 846).

TW, it is utterly impossible that MY Bible is based on YOUR church, for YOUR church would never have written a book which exposes the Papacy as the Antichrist, which is the case with MY Bible.
The Bible is a Catholic book, compiled after 3 centuries of debate and prayerful discernment. Any encyclopedia will verify this as historical fact. The Papacy is not the anti-Christ, that's been part of reformist rhetoric since the Protestant revolt. It was invented to justify their break from Rome. Why did it take 15 centuries for any one to notice this pope=antichrist lunacy???. Oh, I forgot. Anti-Catholics generally don't answer questions.

You have no clue as to how we got the Bible in the first place, so you are forced to deny the facts of history and invent bible-origin fantasies. The Church takes Jesus' prayer seriously, "That they may be one", you seem to be committed to division and cheap insults. You can join the Whore duh Babble-on psychos in my ignorasium.
We're done here.

image.jpg

Reactions: Josho

tom55

Love your neighbor as yourself
Sep 9, 2013
Phoneman777 said:
Tom, you're the one who is lying. This is what your church claims:

Extra ecclesiam nulla salus.

So, my Antichrist worshiping friend, own up to it and dispense with your lies.
It appears you failed to read the article. In summary it clarified that "all salvation comes from Christ the Head through the Church which is his Body."

The Catholic Church recognizes that God does not condemn those who are innocently ignorant of the truth about his offer of salvation.

Therefor what I have written is not a lie and your interpretation of what the Church teaches is not accurate.

So I ask once again: Do you have another lie (or doctrine) that you believe the RCC teaches?

epostle1

Sep 24, 2012
Essex
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
tom55 said:
It appears you failed to read the article. In summary it clarified that "all salvation comes from Christ the Head through the Church which is his Body."

The Catholic Church recognizes that God does not condemn those who are innocently ignorant of the truth about his offer of salvation.

Therefor what I have written is not a lie and your interpretation of what the Church teaches is not accurate.

So I ask once again: Do you have another lie (or doctrine) that you believe the RCC teaches?
Almost everything the anti-Catholic thinks about the CC is false. Since explanations are rejected, and objections are refuted, the recourse left is insults, misrepresentations, a denial of historical facts and red herrings (topic shifting) Worse, a denial of development of doctrine. There is nothing wrong with Extra ecclesiam nulla salus in the reformulation at Vatican II where the phrase is properly explained. Anti-Catholics don't want the truth, they want Extra ecclesiam nulla salus to mean what they want it to mean to make it fit their agenda. (gross misrepresentation)
I keep hearing about the church being invisible, composed of all true believers, but any efforts on the part of the Church to heal the wounds to unity gets mocked by anti-Catholics who cling to division, denominationalism and sectarianism, the exact opposite of what the Bible teaches.

13239191_10208574805634922_8669941564389177859_n.jpg

heretoeternity

Oct 11, 2014
Asia/Pacific
It is amazing how proponents of the Roman church appear to be ashamed of it, and keep referring to it only in the generic term of "catholic"...which can apply to any worldwide religious organization. Why don't they call it what it by it's proper name Roman Catholic..are they ashamed of it?

Mungo

May 23, 2012
England
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
heretoeternity said:
It is amazing how proponents of the Roman church appear to be ashamed of it, and keep referring to it only in the generic term of "catholic"...which can apply to any worldwide religious organization. Why don't they call it what it by it's proper name Roman Catholic..are they ashamed of it?
The full title is the One Holy Catholic and Apostolic Church. The shorter title which is normally used is the Catholic Church (note the capital "C").

"Roman Catholic" is a term invented by Protestants for the Catholic Church.

Why would Catholics use a Protestant term?

Mungo

May 23, 2012
England
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
heretoeternity said:
it would appear "Protestant churches" do not want to offend the mother church...
Revelation 17 and 18
What about Revelation 17 & 18?

epostle1

Sep 24, 2012
Essex
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Mungo said:
What about Revelation 17 & 18?
It's about bible twisting and fundamentalist brainwashing.

Some anti-Catholics claim the Catholic Church is the Whore of Babylon of Revelation 17 and 18. Dave Hunt, in his 1994 book, A Woman Rides the Beast, presents nine arguments to try to prove this. His claims are a useful summary of those commonly used by Fundamentalists, and an examination of them shows why they don’t work.

Hunting the Whore of Babylon

For example, in lie #1, Vatican City is not built on seven hills, but only one: Vatican Hill, which is not one of the seven upon which ancient Rome was built. Those hills are on the east side of the Tiber river; Vatican Hill is on the west. Did you get that? You have to cross the Tiber River from the Vatican to get to the 7 hills! Any map will verify this. Are fundamentalists anti-map???

Lie #4: Clothed in Purple and Red
Hunt ignores the obvious symbolic meaning of the colors—purple for royalty and red for the blood of Christian martyrs. Instead, he is suddenly literal in his interpretation...
...Purple and red are not the dominant colors of Catholic clerical vestments. White is. All priests wear white (including bishops and cardinals when they are saying Mass)—even the pope does so.

Hunt ignores the liturgical meaning of purple and red in Catholic symbolism. Purple symbolizes repentance, and red honors the blood of Christ and the Christian martyrs.
It is appropriate for Catholic clerics to wear purple and scarlet, if for no other reason because they have been liturgical colors of the true religion since ancient Israel.

Hunt neglects to remind his readers that God commanded that scarlet yarn and wool be used in liturgical ceremonies (Lev. 14:4, 6, 49–52; Num. 19:6), and that God commanded that the priests’ vestments be made with purple and scarlet yarn (Ex. 28:4–8, 15, 33, 39:1–8, 24, 29).

Check out all 9 lies of Dave Hunt's deceiving book "A Woman Rides the Beast"
http://http://www.catholic.com/tracts/hunting-the-whore-of-babylon

Status
Not open for further replies.