The Catholic Church gets put down a lot, but it was all that could help

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

heretoeternity

Oct 11, 2014
Asia/Pacific
Revelation 17 and 18 stands on it's own and does not take a fellow named Hunt to speak for it...it is very descriptive of the headquarters of the false religion which is destroying true Christianity in the world, and is obviously from satan.

Mungo

May 23, 2012
England
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
heretoeternity said:
Revelation 17 and 18 stands on it's own and does not take a fellow named Hunt to speak for it...it is very descriptive of the headquarters of the false religion which is destroying true Christianity in the world, and is obviously from satan.
Prove it. So far we only have your personal and fallible opinion.

heretoeternity

Oct 11, 2014
Asia/Pacific
Your pope says he is infallible and you all seem to believe it....you should know by now humans are fallible..
Revelation 17 and 18 are easily understood and very descriptive, unless of course someone is in denial and blinded to the truth.

Mungo

May 23, 2012
England
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
heretoeternity said:
Revelation 17 and 18 are easily understood and very descriptive, unless of course someone is in denial and blinded to the truth.
If they are easy to understand then it should be easy for you to explain what you think they mean.

Mungo

May 23, 2012
England
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
heretoeternity said:
Your pope says he is infallible and you all seem to believe it....you should know by now humans are fallible..
So according to you Jesus is either:
1. not human
or
2. not infallible

Which is it?

heretoeternity

Oct 11, 2014
Asia/Pacific
Are you are now comparing the pope to JESUS? Do you know what blasphemy is? Why does the pope and the organization he leads think of himself equal to Jesus? Why does the Roman religion keep preaching this idea? Why doesn't this Roman religion follow the Bible teachings of Jesus? There are so many more questions that need to be addressed...

Mungo

May 23, 2012
England
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
heretoeternity said:
Are you are now comparing the pope to JESUS? Do you know what blasphemy is? Why does the pope and the organization he leads think of himself equal to Jesus? Why does the Roman religion keep preaching this idea? Why doesn't this Roman religion follow the Bible teachings of Jesus? There are so many more questions that need to be addressed...
No, I'm not comparing the Pope to Jesus.

I'm pointing out that your statement was incorrect. But I note that you are avoiding that.

heretoeternity

Oct 11, 2014
Asia/Pacific
Mungo said:
No, I'm not comparing the Pope to Jesus.

I'm pointing out that your statement was incorrect. But I note that you are avoiding that
Changing your tune are you? Rome says the RC leader "pope" is infallible, do you believe that and Rome says the pope takes the place of God on earth, do you believe that doctrine of your church?

Mungo

May 23, 2012
England
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
heretoeternity said:
Changing your tune are you? Rome says the RC leader "pope" is infallible, do you believe that and Rome says the pope takes the place of God on earth, do you believe that doctrine of your church?
No, not changing anything.

You said humans are fallible & I pointed out that Jesus was human and Jesus was infallible. You seem to be in denial of that.

Born_Again

Nov 5, 2014
US
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Mungo said:
No, not changing anything.

You said humans are fallible & I pointed out that Jesus was human and Jesus was infallible. You seem to be in denial of that.
Oh come on lol Humans are not the son of God. Jesus is. You cant make that comparison! Weak, very weak.

Mungo

May 23, 2012
England
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Born_Again said:
Oh come on lol Humans are not the son of God. Jesus is. You cant make that comparison! Weak, very weak.
Are you denying Jesus was human?

Born_Again

Nov 5, 2014
US
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Mungo said:
Are you denying Jesus was human?
Are you kidding? He was both God and man. But you cant based mans fallibility or infallibility off that...

Mungo

May 23, 2012
England
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Born_Again said:
Are you kidding? He was both God and man. But you cant based mans fallibility or infallibility off that...
I'm simply pointing out that heretoeternity made a statement was wasn't true.

Mungo

May 23, 2012
England
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
heretoeternity said:
Mungo avoids answering the questions in posts 647, and 649...typical.
Why should I run down every rabbit trail you lay?

I doubt you would understand the replies or engage in a proper discussion. Just more rabbit trails

tom55

Love your neighbor as yourself
Sep 9, 2013
heretoeternity said:
Mungo avoids answering the questions in posts 647, and 649...typical.
I will answer them.

#647 is a flat out lie not based on any facts.

#649 on the Pope being infallible depends on what you THINK infallibility means.

Infallibility is not the absence of sin nor does it only belong to the pope only. Infallibility also belongs to the body of bishops as a whole, when, in doctrinal unity with the pope, they solemnly teach a doctrine as true. Jesus himself promised the apostles and their successors: "He who hears you hears me" (Luke 10:16), and "Whatever you bind on earth shall be bound in heaven" (Matt. 18:18).

And your statement "Rome says the pope takes the place of God on earth" is another lie. As we know Christ instructed the Church to preach everything he taught (Matt. 28:19–20) and promised the protection of the Holy Spirit to "guide you into all the truth" (John 16:13). That mandate and that promise guarantee the Church will never fall away from his teachings (Matt. 16:18, 1 Tim. 3:15).

Based on the facts of what the Catholic Church actually teaches instead of the lies you have articulated: Who is your infallible Pope? Yourself? Jack T. Chick?

heretoeternity

Oct 11, 2014
Asia/Pacific
Jesus said in John 14.6 "I am the way, the truth and the life, no man comes to the Father but by me"....
So no need for a human, such as pope who thinks himself as "infallible" and who insists his followers think the same way....
The Roman system teachings are all based on lies, and disagrees with the Bible in so many areas, and still insists it is "the church"...
BTW the word Father above refers to God, and NOT the "infallible" human beings Rome says run their church...Jesus said in Matthew 23, "call no man on earth your Father, only God"...

tom55

Love your neighbor as yourself
Sep 9, 2013
heretoeternity said:
Jesus said in John 14.6 "I am the way, the truth and the life, no man comes to the Father but by me"....
So no need for a human, such as pope who thinks himself as "infallible" and who insists his followers think the same way....
The Roman system teachings are all based on lies, and disagrees with the Bible in so many areas, and still insists it is "the church"...
BTW the word Father above refers to God, and NOT the "infallible" human beings Rome says run their church...Jesus said in Matthew 23, "call no man on earth your Father, only God"...
Jesus said, "Whoever listens to you listens to me; whoever rejects you rejects me; but whoever rejects me rejects him who sent me."

Sounds like Jesus disagrees with you!!

Status
Not open for further replies.