The Chastening that comes from God

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@marks And what happens to a son who refuses to endure the chastening of God?

"For whom the Lord loveth he chasteneth, and scourgeth every son whom he receiveth.
If ye endure chastening, God dealeth with you as with sons; for what son is he whom the father chasteneth not?
But if ye be without chastisement, whereof all are partakers, then are ye bastards, and not sons." Heb 12:6-8

How would you relate this to your OP?
Very good question my friend . Now let the KING be praised my friend . The longer i live i have found
a constant truth as well , and that is this ......ONE CAN NEVER PRAISE THE LORD TOO MUCH . Hands up my friend . Hands up and praise the LORD .

Reactions: amadeus

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
Yes. The letter is written to believers obviously. But now, if the reference to resisting sin unto blood is not written concerning the Jews who were persecuting those believers during NT times, who then IS it referring to?

It's not referring to the unsaved, who would be the "jews".
Look at 12:5, that speaks to "son", and that is not a Christ Rejector, so, it can't be the "HEBREWS"......or Jews
See, thats the thing about this Epistle, its not written specifically to the Believers, yet, it has a lot of doctrine in it, that IS for the Believers.
If you compare it to Paul's other letters, he always addressed them to the Church "At", or he writes to a specific Born again person.
But this epistle, warns you, that its not like those, as it's titled "HEBREWS", and that is not the bride of Christ or the Body of Christ or the Church.
So, this epistle causes more harm to believers then just about anything that can happen to you.
Its a dangerous piece of spirituality because it will ruin your faith if you dont know how to approach it, and most do not, because you have to be taught to realize this, or this epistle will twist your theology into a KNOT that you will never be able to escape.

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It's not referring to the unsaved, who would be the "jews".
Look at 12:5, that speaks to "son", and that is not a Christ Rejector, so, it can't be the "HEBREWS"......or Jews
See, thats the thing about this Epistle, its not written specifically to the Believers, yet, it has a lot of doctrine in it, that IS for the Believers.

No, Behold. I think your theology has caused you to miss it badly here. The book of Hebrews was written to Christians. It contains way to much revelation that only Christians would understand for it to be any other way.

But I suppose we should leave it there for now, and maybe come back to it later.

God bless,
- H

Reactions: amigo de christo