The Chattering Cyclops

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

LC627

May 11, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No, I didn't conclude that. Now we're back to me having spiritual eyes to see....you know what. Forget this garbage, I've had enough of talking with Christians. I'm just wasting time, when I could be doing so much more.

Goodbye people.

What has you angry at God? If you work on that then it would clear up a lot of things and then we REALLY could have a conversation instead of blaming and finger pointing.

Reactions: VictoryinJesus

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
the power is all in your hands, see, the world is your oyster, but we just forget, and need the gaze of a little kid to remind us (if we are, say, a bus driver. for instance), or an interaction with a wild animal even, or even a few days alone in a cave, however long it takes for the demon to show up and you to best him; usually much less than a day, for city ppl. (for him to show up anyway)

we're so completely immersed in miracles that we disdain them when we grow up, i guess
but we see every little imperfection just fine huh

bbyrd009, I so value your input. Occasionally, a topic comes up that I wonder if you and I see it the same way (this may be one of those topics). In no way am I saying I am right but I ask you for clarification on how you see it. "I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly." (John 10: 10). To me, this means 'life abundantly in Christ'. What does it mean to you? I have to ask if it is abundant life now(meaning a worldly blessing of long life)... was this displayed in the Son whose mortal life was cut short in sight of immortal life? How the Son gave up the world to inherit the earth. I hope that makes sense.

Genesis 9:7
[7] And you, be ye fruitful, and multiply; bring forth abundantly in the earth, and multiply therein. (does not our abundantly change to Spiritual multiplication, fruit unto righteousness, peace, love, joy?) is this what you are saying...we should already have those now? If so, then we do agree. But we are willing to accept the 'peace, love, joy' but what about the 'righteousness' is it not also now?

'I came so that they may have life abundantly' -Exodus 34:6 [6] And the Lord passed by before him, and proclaimed, The Lord , The Lord God, merciful and gracious, longsuffering, and abundant in goodness and truth,

Ephesians 5:9 (for the fruit of the Spirit is in all goodness and righteousness and truth)

Psalm 132:15-17
[15] I will abundantly bless her provision: I will satisfy her poor with bread. [16] I will also clothe her priests with salvation: and her saints shall shout aloud for joy. [17] There will I make the horn of David to bud: I have ordained a lamp for mine anointed. (we know who the lamp is that lights the way)

So, again, is not the 'life abundantly' mean life 'in Christ' abundantly which is not in worldly abundance but in 'goodness and righteousness and truth;' ...with truth comes sorrow. why? Why do I struggle so much when I am so loved by Him? What am I missing,bbyrd009?

Reactions: bbyrd009

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
is this what you are saying...we should already have those now? If so, then we do agree. But we are willing to accept the 'peace, love, joy' but what about the 'righteousness' is it not also now?
well i would say "attainable now," even if it takes 40 years or whatever, however long it takes to become one. The longer a ritual model is clung to the longer the ego is served imo, at least in most cases. Another way to say that is that believers widely believe that it is beliefs that are going to be judged, right? A common misperception exists that one must pick the "correct" religion, iow

Reactions: VictoryinJesus

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
So, again, is not the 'life abundantly' mean life 'in Christ' abundantly which is not in worldly abundance but in 'goodness and righteousness and truth;' ...with truth comes sorrow. why?
bc we learn that God will not conform to our definition of Him; there is no "correct" religion, iow
except the one described, "to visit orphans and widows in their affliction, and to keep oneself unstained."

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Why do I struggle so much when I am so loved by Him? What am I missing,bbyrd009?
ha my guess is not much really, likely just some particular issue to where you are in your walk if anything. What you are struggling with would be the indicator, and take note of how you phrase it versus how your best friend might rephrase it for you, something like that. Enemies are better for that, dunno if you keep one around or not though? Frenemies are gifts from God lol. Anyway, likely a struggle with expectations i bet, you strike me as idealist? I'm way too idealist myself; this makes forgiving more difficult, etc i guess

essentially an unrealistic perception/relationship with the world is what causes struggle; the role we are playing/trying to play is or has become self serving, i guess that happens a lot. We stay in a situation bc it has become comfortable, when we were s'posed to move on, or even refuse to leave an uncomfortable situation from fear of the unknown, lots of variations i guess

Last edited:
Reactions: Helen

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That wasn't very smart. Your posts will be deleted
Hmmm! I was wondering if anyone noticed when I read what was said about flooding the forum and posting the whole of a theology instead of chunks small enough for most people to easily read and discuss.

Mayflower

Jul 14, 2018
Bluffton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Where's the power of your God?

Where's the power to raise the dead?

Where's the power to cure all manner of sickness & disease?

Where's the power of prophecy?

Where's the power to open the eye's of the blind & the ear's of the deaf?

Where's the power to cast evil spirits into the abyss?

Where's the power to calm the wind & the waves?

Where's the power to perceive what people are thinking?

Where's the power to multiple bread & fish?

Where's the power to heal the lame & crippled?

It is written:

1 Corinthians 4:20
20For the kingdom of God is not a matter of talk but of power.

So quit talking and start doing what Jesus did.

There is power in the name of Jesus. God is "I Am." We are powerless apart from Him.

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Where's the power of your God?

Where's the power to raise the dead?

Where's the power to cure all manner of sickness & disease?

Where's the power of prophecy?

Where's the power to open the eye's of the blind & the ear's of the deaf?

Where's the power to cast evil spirits into the abyss?

Where's the power to calm the wind & the waves?

Where's the power to perceive what people are thinking?

Where's the power to multiple bread & fish?

Where's the power to heal the lame & crippled?

It is written:

1 Corinthians 4:20
20For the kingdom of God is not a matter of talk but of power.

So quit talking and start doing what Jesus did.

There is a lack of real faith in the church today.

There are many smaller, more hidden miracles....but God likes to hide Himself...away from the thrill seekers.

But this does not excuse the lack of faith we see today. We lack the faith because we lack the LIFE that produces that kind of faith. So then people try to go after the miracles...but forget that it is the life that makes those miracles possible.

I ask....where is the life?

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
This verse seems to suggest that believers should be able to display the power of this God just by believing in Jesus.

John 14:12
12Very truly I tell you, whoever believes in me will do the works I have been doing, and they will do even greater things than these, because I am going to the Father.
hopefully it has been pointed out already that that is exactly what this verse is not saying, but rather that the only ones who should be called believers are those displaying the works