The Chattering Cyclops

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Project Panda

Apr 23, 2018
Queensland
Faith
Agnostic
Country
Australia
Where's the power of your God?

Where's the power to raise the dead?

Where's the power to cure all manner of sickness & disease?

Where's the power of prophecy?

Where's the power to open the eye's of the blind & the ear's of the deaf?

Where's the power to cast evil spirits into the abyss?

Where's the power to calm the wind & the waves?

Where's the power to perceive what people are thinking?

Where's the power to multiple bread & fish?

Where's the power to heal the lame & crippled?

It is written:

1 Corinthians 4:20
20For the kingdom of God is not a matter of talk but of power.

So quit talking and start doing what Jesus did.

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

It is written:

You don’t see God raising the dead, curing sickness, and opening the eyes of the blind? You don’t see ears opened; and the ability to hear God’s voice given to the deaf? You don’t see evil spirits casts out? You don’t see the calming of the waves? 2 Samuel 22:5
[5] When the waves of death compassed me, the floods of ungodly men made me afraid;

Psalm 89:9
[9] Thou rulest the raging of the sea: when the waves thereof arise, thou stillest them. (The waves are proud men raging “foaming out their own shame”) you are looking in the wrong place. you want some grand physical display in the sky and completely reject the Spiritual.

You haven’t seen God multiply bread? What is the bread? John 6:35
[35] And Jesus said unto them, I am the bread of life: he that cometh to me shall never hunger; and he that believeth on me shall never thirst.

You haven’t seen the power of prophecy? Then you are not listening for it. Instead you are talking over it because you are convinced you ‘know’ more...when you know nothing.

(I know nothing either so you are not alone there,but I believe God.)

Last edited:

Windmillcharge

Dec 21, 2017
London
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I have never seen the dead raised, or the blind see etc etc etc etc.

I have seen lives transformed and changed, seen people who had no hope in their lives start living with hope.

Take a hard look at history and at contempory society. Who have motivated the biggest changes for the better in any society?
Why do you believe that you have 'rights', can you justify them by your philsophical, political and agnostic beliefs?

I challenge you to search for and read this article.

Why Africa needs Christianity. by the atheist Matthew Parish a uk journalist.

He states that Christianity changes people for the better, it is something he has seen and experienced in Africa.

Reactions: Helen

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You don’t see God raising the dead, curing sickness, and opening the eyes of the blind? You don’t see ears opened; and the ability to hear God’s voice given to the deaf? You don’t see evil spirits casts out? You don’t see the calming of the waves? 2 Samuel 22:5
[5] When the waves of death compassed me, the floods of ungodly men made me afraid;

Psalm 89:9
[9] Thou rulest the raging of the sea: when the waves thereof arise, thou stillest them. (The waves are proud men raging “foaming out their own shame”) you are looking in the wrong place. you want some grand physical display in the sky and completely reject the Spiritual.

You haven’t seen God multiply bread? What is the bread? John 6:35
[35] And Jesus said unto them, I am the bread of life: he that cometh to me shall never hunger; and he that believeth on me shall never thirst.

You haven’t seen the power of prophecy? Then you are not listening for it. Instead you are talking over it because you are convinced you ‘know’ more...when you know nothing.

(I know nothing either so you are not alone there,but I believe God.)
Yes, you have seen as I have seen and as many other believers have seen all of those things mentioned in the OP with the "eyes to see" that God has given to His people by and through the Holy Ghost. That man who wrote the OP may also come to see these things, but he must come in the right spirit and with his heart open. Until he does he will remain blind walking in darkness.

Project Panda

Apr 23, 2018
Queensland
Faith
Agnostic
Country
Australia
Honestly have any of you seen or known anything that is outlined in my OP? These thing's are supposed to be common place in a world of the faithful.

This verse seems to suggest that believers should be able to display the power of this God just by believing in Jesus.

John 14:12
12Very truly I tell you, whoever believes in me will do the works I have been doing, and they will do even greater things than these, because I am going to the Father.

So you say you believe in Jesus, then where's the power to follow your faith?

Reactions: Uisdean

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Honestly have any of you seen or known anything that is outlined in my OP? These thing's are supposed to be common place in a world of the faithful.

This verse seems to suggest that believers should be able to display the power of this God just by believing in Jesus.

John 14:12
12Very truly I tell you, whoever believes in me will do the works I have been doing, and they will do even greater things than these, because I am going to the Father.

So you say you believe in Jesus, then where's the power to follow your faith?

Don’t think I haven’t asked the same questions you ask. In your OP you referenced 1 Corinthians 4:19-20
[19] But I will come to you shortly, if the Lord will, and will know, not the speech of them which are puffed up, but the power. [20] For the kingdom of God is not in word, but in power.

It is a truth, right? 'not in word, but in power'? You already know, everyone will see it differently. This also has bothered me. It confuses me how we all hear different things. One person says 'this is God' and then another gives a completely different version of 'this is God'. I struggle just like you Project Panda. I don't want to ignore the obvious. I don't want to look away from verses like 1 Corinthians 4:20 and others like it and ignore them. His word says 'not in word, but in power'. What power? Then you referenced:
John 14:12-14 Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me, the works that I do shall he do also; and greater works than these shall he do; because I go unto my Father. [13] And whatsoever ye shall ask in my name, that will I do, that the Father may be glorified in the Son. [14] If ye shall ask any thing in my name, I will do it.

All I can share with you is what they mean to me, but I am not blind in knowing someone else will have a totally different view. For me it comes down to this: okay, God says this is a truth. Do I see it as a truth in what others tell me it means? If no, then are they wrong or is God wrong? If they are wrong and God is right...who should I be asking about: where is this 'not in word, but in power'? Where is: 'If you shall ask any thing in my name, I will do it.' ? Is God a liar. Or is man a liar? I truly believe man is the liar. If man is the liar but God is true...then who should I believe. If I am the liar and God is true...My lie doesn't change God as truth.

If I showed up at church and walked boldly up and touched a deaf mans ears and he could suddenly hear. If he could hear sounds for the first time in his life: Yes, the congregation would be amazed but would they believe or soon forget? But what if I walked in and touched a mans ears and later the man would realize he could hear God's voice. A voice he had never heard before, the man becoming one of: 'he who has ears to hear'. Which is greater? When Jesus said 'greater works than these shall he do; because I go unto my Father.' Which is greater: to heal a body that is going to die eventually and return to dust or to heal(restore) a person's relationship with God? To restore their soul into completeness and wholeness with the Father? Which is greater: that of Spirit or the physical? Which glorifies God? Which glorifies man?

You may say 'well the Spiritual is all good but is invisible and can't be proven'...but is that true? Again, this is just an opinion of many. Where is the 'not in word, but in power'. The power is in love. Perfect love casteth out fear. There is no evil in perfect love (Christ). God asks us for the impossible. He asks us for the hard stuff. For us to love our enemies as He loved His enemy(the world) and gave His only begotten Son. It is easy to say we love. But we pick and choose who we love. We want to do everything BUT the one thing He asked us to do which is to love those sometimes impossible to love. Like He loves us. There are people in my life that I'm investing in(enemies) and...just like you I am holding those verses to a high standard. It is either true or it is not 'ask anything in my name, I will do it'. It has to include salvation given to enemies. For their ears to open. For sight to be given to them. How could that not be the will of a God that gave His only begotten Son for the world? To restore and redeem those I ask for in His name. The impossible. So where is the evidence and power: is it not in fruit that is bore out of the impossible. Will God show up when we do the hard stuff that goes against what our flesh tells us to do? You can't make up fruit that comes out of impossible situations. I believe those verses you quoted and believe it includes the impossible. 'Do' or believe what-ever you want though. You want to keep mocking God as a liar. That is completely your choice and walk. You asked. I would recommend you stop attacking God for mans inability and keep doing what you are doing...seeking the truth. If you see something as total hypocrisy. Maybe the answer is not in what you see in man but in God.

Last edited:

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Project Panda
The power of God can be proven. It is being proven in the hearts of people who have come to know Him. The proof is not transferable from me to you unless God is involved in the transfer. I cannot do simply because I might want to...

The miracles visible to the eyes of flesh do occur, but don't be expecting them for your own benefit or even so you will become a believer. What will attract one person to God will not necessarily attract another to Him. Recall the words of Abraham to the rich man:

"And he said unto him, If they hear not Moses and the prophets, neither will they be persuaded, though one rose from the dead." Luke 16:31

Well now one has risen from the dead and many are still not hearing us when we testify to what has done and is doing for us because their fleshly eyes cannot perceive it. Would they really if we were to perform a miracle that they could see with the natural eye?

Jesus did not heal everyone to prove that God exists and that God is omnipotent... but sometimes he did it perhaps to get their attention. In spite of that some people who have witnessed the miracles of the flesh too often ONLY come back for more of the same. Jesus supplied natural food for the natural bodies of the 5,000 and of the 4,000. Indeed so many like the 9 lepers who effectively took their healing and disappeared [1 came back to give God glory] too many are only looking to God to receive their reward rather because they really have come to love God. God is offering something better than physical healing, but how many have the "eyes to see"?

Jesus also speaks of this wrong kind of expectation here:

"Jesus answered them and said, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Ye seek me, not because ye saw the miracles, but because ye did eat of the loaves, and were filled.
Labour not for the meat which perisheth, but for that meat which endureth unto everlasting life, which the Son of man shall give unto you: for him hath God the Father sealed." John 6:26-27

For some the starting place has been a naturally discernable miracle, but don't reject God because you don't receive one or witness one. The following words were written to explain where we are to start:

"But without faith it is impossible to please him: for he that cometh to God must believe that he is, and that he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him." Heb 11:6

God may give us more to start, but don't reject Him because He doesn't. God's purpose goes beyond our desire for a good healthy natural life while we are here in this lump of flesh although at times He may add a few blessings to us while are here. Some people don't get that. Consider what Paul received here:
"Of the Jews five times received I forty stripes save one.
Thrice was I beaten with rods, once was I stoned, thrice I suffered shipwreck, a night and a day I have been in the deep;
In journeyings often, in perils of waters, in perils of robbers, in perils by mine own countrymen, in perils by the heathen, in perils in the city, in perils in the wilderness, in perils in the sea, in perils among false brethren;
In weariness and painfulness, in watchings often, in hunger and thirst, in fastings often, in cold and nakedness." II Cor 11:26-27

All of those seemingly very negative things Paul received after he had met Jesus and began to really serve God. He did not quit but forged ahead toward God, for the real things God offered for the right reasons, not the temporal rewards men hope for while still in this veil of flesh.

Last edited:
Reactions: Helen

Project Panda

Apr 23, 2018
Queensland
Faith
Agnostic
Country
Australia
@Project Panda
The power of God can be proven. It is being proven in the hearts of people who have come to know Him. The proof is not transferable from me to you unless God is involved in the transfer. I cannot do simply because I might want to...

The miracles visible to the eyes of flesh do occur, but don't be expecting them for your own benefit or even so you will become a believer. What will attract one person to God will not necessarily attract another to Him. Recall the words of Abraham to the rich man:

"And he said unto him, If they hear not Moses and the prophets, neither will they be persuaded, though one rose from the dead." Luke 16:31

Well now one has risen from the dead and many are still not hearing us when we testify to what has done and is doing for us because their fleshly eyes cannot perceive it. Would they really if we were to perform a miracle that they could see with the natural eye?

Jesus did not heal everyone to prove that God exists and that God is omnipotent... but sometimes he did it perhaps to get their attention. In spite of that some people who have witnessed the miracles of the flesh too often ONLY come back for more of the same. Jesus supplied natural food for the natural bodies of the 5,000 and of the 4,000. Indeed so many like the 9 lepers who effectively took their healing and disappeared [1 came back to give God glory] too many are only looking to God to receive their reward rather because they really have come to love God. God is offering something better than physical healing, but how many have the "eyes to see"?

Jesus also speaks of this wrong kind of expectation here:

"Jesus answered them and said, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Ye seek me, not because ye saw the miracles, but because ye did eat of the loaves, and were filled.
Labour not for the meat which perisheth, but for that meat which endureth unto everlasting life, which the Son of man shall give unto you: for him hath God the Father sealed." John 6:26-27

For some the starting place has been a naturally discernable miracle, but don't reject God because you don't receive one or witness one. The following words were written to explain where we are to start:

"But without faith it is impossible to please him: for he that cometh to God must believe that he is, and that he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him." Heb 11:6

God may give us more to start, but don't reject Him because He doesn't. God's purpose goes beyond our desire for a good healthy natural life while we are here in this lump of flesh although at times He may add a few blessings to us while are here. Some people don't get that. Consider what Paul received here:
"Of the Jews five times received I forty stripes save one.
Thrice was I beaten with rods, once was I stoned, thrice I suffered shipwreck, a night and a day I have been in the deep;
In journeyings often, in perils of waters, in perils of robbers, in perils by mine own countrymen, in perils by the heathen, in perils in the city, in perils in the wilderness, in perils in the sea, in perils among false brethren;
In weariness and painfulness, in watchings often, in hunger and thirst, in fastings often, in cold and nakedness." II Cor 11:26-27

All of those seemingly very negative things Paul received after he had met Jesus and began to really serve God. He did not quit but forged ahead toward God, for the real things God offered for the right reasons, not the temporal rewards men hope for while still in this veil of flesh.
This verse suggests that the disciples themselves believed in Jesus after seeing the power of this God.

John 2:11
11What Jesus did here in Cana of Galilee was the first of the signs through which he revealed his glory; and his disciples believed in him.

Truth

May 31, 2017
AZ, Quartzsite
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

It is written:

The Power that followed the Apostles is still alive and well, the problem is that the True Teaching's Of Our Savior, which He delivered to them has been Compromised! The Scripture states, All those that call upon the NAME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! shall be saved, the name you used in your post, is not our Savior's name. search for the name of Moses side kick, Joshua, his name made it into the NT, from the Greek,.In the last days there will be many, over 7 billion today. go to and fro in the Earth, we can be anywhere on this planet within hours, as long as we can afford it. And Knowledge will Increase, Today if you want to see Hebrew Manuscripts, they are available on the web, what used to take months and years to find and see, if you can read the Language and know what you want to find, it is there. In the OT KJV LORD was used to indicate the God of Israel - YHWH the tetra-grametron or the Four Hebrew letters used, For his name.
There is a Hebrew Scholar that has been searching for the full name of God, with all the vowel pointing's, at this time He has found over 1.030 places with the vowel's, including lost Manuscripts of the Gospels in the Hebrew, Matthew, Mark, Luke, and John, and the same Hebrew letters found in the OT manuscripts are exactly the same in these Hebrew NT manuscripts. In the Last Days the Gentiles will know My Name, God said! So If you use any other name then the True Name, can you expect results??? There are many other reasons we do not see the Power manifesting through so called believers today!!! use a little logic, OK! Where did the Tradition of an EGG laying Rabbit come from, better yet where did the Idea of dying these Egg's come from, search that out, it is right at the click of your mouse, Please take the time, and respond back, Thanks.

Project Panda

Apr 23, 2018
Queensland
Faith
Agnostic
Country
Australia
Don’t think I haven’t asked the same questions you ask. In your OP you referenced 1 Corinthians 4:19-20
[19] But I will come to you shortly, if the Lord will, and will know, not the speech of them which are puffed up, but the power. [20] For the kingdom of God is not in word, but in power.

It is a truth, right? 'not in word, but in power'? You already know, everyone will see it differently. This also has bothered me. It confuses me how we all hear different things. One person says 'this is God' and then another gives a completely different version of 'this is God'. I struggle just like you Project Panda. I don't want to ignore the obvious. I don't want to look away from verses like 1 Corinthians 4:20 and others like it and ignore them. His word says 'not in word, but in power'. What power? Then you referenced:
John 14:12-14 Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me, the works that I do shall he do also; and greater works than these shall he do; because I go unto my Father. [13] And whatsoever ye shall ask in my name, that will I do, that the Father may be glorified in the Son. [14] If ye shall ask any thing in my name, I will do it.

All I can share with you is what they mean to me, but I am not blind in knowing someone else will have a totally different view. For me it comes down to this: okay, God says this is a truth. Do I see it as a truth in what others tell me it means? If no, then are they wrong or is God wrong? If they are wrong and God is right...who should I be asking about: where is this 'not in word, but in power'? Where is: 'If you shall ask any thing in my name, I will do it.' ? Is God a liar. Or is man a liar? I truly believe man is the liar. If man is the liar but God is true...then who should I believe. If I am the liar and God is true...My lie doesn't change God as truth.

If I showed up at church and walked boldly up and touched a deaf mans ears and he could suddenly hear. If he could hear sounds for the first time in his life: Yes, the congregation would be amazed but would they believe or soon forget? But what if I walked in and touched a mans ears and later the man would realize he could hear God's voice. A voice he had never heard before, the man becoming one of: 'he who has ears to hear'. Which is greater? When Jesus said 'greater works than these shall he do; because I go unto my Father.' Which is greater: to heal a body that is going to die eventually and return to dust or to heal(restore) a person's relationship with God? To restore their soul into completeness and wholeness with the Father? Which is greater: that of Spirit or the physical? Which glorifies God? Which glorifies man?

You may say 'well the Spiritual is all good but is invisible and can't be proven'...but is that true? Again, this is just an opinion of many. Where is the 'not in word, but in power'. The power is in love. Perfect love casteth out fear. There is no evil in perfect love (Christ). God asks us for the impossible. He asks us for the hard stuff. For us to love our enemies as He loved His enemy(the world) and gave His only begotten Son. It is easy to say we love. But we pick and choose who we love. We want to do everything BUT the one thing He asked us to do which is to love those sometimes impossible to love. Like He loves us. There are people in my life that I'm investing in(enemies) and...just like you I am holding those verses to a high standard. It is either true or it is not 'ask anything in my name, I will do it'. It has to include salvation given to enemies. For their ears to open. For sight to be given to them. How could that not be the will of a God that gave His only begotten Son for the world? To restore and redeem those I ask for in His name. The impossible. So where is the evidence and power: is it not in fruit that is bore out of the impossible. Will God show up when we do the hard stuff that goes against what our flesh tells us to do? You can't make up fruit that comes out of impossible situations. I believe those verses you quoted and believe it includes the impossible. 'Do' or believe what-ever you want though. You want to keep mocking God as a liar. That is completely your choice and walk. You asked. I would recommend you stop attacking God for mans inability and keep doing what you are doing...seeking the truth. If you see something as total hypocrisy. Maybe the answer is not in what you see in man but in God.
It's not my fault I'm not witnessing the power of God, it's the Christian's fault for not doing what they believe can be done in Jesus name. All it takes is faith, right? So you have faith, right? So... Where's that power.

Project Panda

Apr 23, 2018
Queensland
Faith
Agnostic
Country
Australia
I've heard the Christian say "You will see God's miracles with faith" But that doesn't make any sense, how is a miracle reliant on extra sensory perception. If a miracle occurs, wouldn't it be obvious that something has happened.

Philip James

May 4, 2018
Brandon
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I have a 25 year old child who would be dead today if it wasn't for modern day science.
That's awesome! There was nothing they could do for my boy. Told me he wouldnt make it to 3...

Hes the one sitting on his big brothers lap in my pic ..

LC627

May 11, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If you seek God you will find Him. That is a 100% fact.

LC627

May 11, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It's not my fault I'm not witnessing the power of God, it's the Christian's fault for not doing what they believe can be done in Jesus name. All it takes is faith, right? So you have faith, right? So... Where's that power.

Then where is your faith at? Why is it other people's fault you are not seeing the results you want? Also, you are listed as an agnostic so right there that is a give away that you are already unsure of the existence of God. People who usually attack a certain area of doctrine usually have a underlining root of hurt they have experienced to be turned off by it or question it so hard. You questioning "God's power" is most likely a result of feeling "let down" by Him in some way.

Project Panda

Apr 23, 2018
Queensland
Faith
Agnostic
Country
Australia
That's awesome! There was nothing they could do for my boy. Told me he wouldnt make it to 3...

Hes the one sitting on his big brothers lap in my pic ..
So many people survive against the odds, and then so many people don't. You're forgetting the countless children who don't make it, where's your God's power then.

Project Panda

Apr 23, 2018
Queensland
Faith
Agnostic
Country
Australia
Then where is your faith at? Why is it other people's fault you are not seeing the results you want? Also, you are listed as an agnostic so right there that is a give away that you are already unsure of the existence of God. People who usually attack a certain area of doctrine usually have a underlining root of hurt they have experienced to be turned off by it or question it so hard. You questioning "God's power" is most likely a result of feeling "let down" by Him in some way.
So I need faith to see other Christian's faith at work? That's basically what you're saying.

LC627

May 11, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So I need faith to see other Christian's faith at work? That's basically what you're saying.
No, not at all. Faith wouldn't be faith if we had all the answers. You are justifying why you don't believe because of what others are doing. You clearly are dealing with a hurt in some way and I think that you know that.

LC627

May 11, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So many people survive against the odds, and then so many people don't. You're forgetting the countless children who don't make it, where's your God's power then.

God gave you the ability, power, and means to help hurting children too you know. What are you doing to help those who are hurting? Man has dominion over the earth and its a mess because of us - not God. The whole world is a mission field.

Last edited: