The Chattering Cyclops

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Power that followed the Apostles is still alive and well, the problem is that the True Teaching's Of Our Savior, which He delivered to them has been Compromised! The Scripture states, All those that call upon the NAME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! shall be saved, the name you used in your post, is not our Savior's name. search for the name of Moses side kick, Joshua, his name made it into the NT, from the Greek,.

I am sorry Truth...but that makes no sense to me. (Not that you don’t make sense but that this doesn’t fit with what I believe, I guess). Is God for intelligence? If I say the wrong name He won’t hear me and do what He promised? :confused: ‘In my name’ doesn’t that mean for His namesake, for His body, for His kin, for His furtherance, for His purposes? Which name should I call Him? There are countless names He goes by? Yeshua, The Messiah. Christ. Lord. The Captain of our salvation. The bread of life. Living water. Too many to list. Is there really a formula to it?

In the Last Days the Gentiles will know My Name, God said! So If you use any other name then the True Name, can you expect results???

‘The gentiles will know My Name’ as redeemer.

Last edited:
Reactions: bbyrd009

Truth

May 31, 2017
AZ, Quartzsite
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I am sorry Truth...but that makes no sense to me. (Not that you don’t make sense but that this doesn’t fit with what I believe, I guess). Is God for intelligence? If I say the wrong name He won’t hear me and do what He promised? :confused: ‘In my name’ doesn’t that mean for His namesake, for His body, for His kin, for His furtherance, for His purposes? Which name should I call Him? There are countless names He goes by? Yeshua, The Messiah. Christ. Lord. The Captain of our salvation. The bread of life. Living water. Too many to list. Is there really a formula to it?

‘The gentiles will know My Name’ as redeemer.

There are many titles, lord, christ= anointed, messiah = anointed, sad but true, the Scripture states there is only one name under heaven by which men shall be saved, The Greeks called all their deity's Cristo, or christ, Zeus, Apolos, the list goes on! If the name is Jesus, then what did they call Him in 1611, there was no J in the alphabet back then, My savior was born a Jew, and given a Jewish name, Yashua which means Yah saves, Yah is a short form of the name of His Father, Our Savior states that He came in His Father's name! All jewish names have a meaning. look for the yah in the names of the prophets, Isaiah, Jeremiah, if you could pronounce Matthew, in the Hebrew it would sound something like this, Matt-it yah-oo. there are 23+ manuscripts of the book of Matthew, in the Hebrew writing, His Birth name in Hebrew is Yeshua, there are other books of the NT that are in Hebrew, where the Name of God is spelled the Same as in the OT , YOD-HAY VAV HAY with all the vowel's in place, first discovered in a few OT manuscripts, then in over 1000 manuscripts, and the best of all, His Name was found in NT manuscripts in Hebrew with the exact spelling. THE LAST DAYS, knowledge will increase.

In Exodus 9:16 - God said concerning Pharaoh- But indeed for this purpose, I have raised you up, that I may show My power in you, and that MY Name may be declared in all the Earth!
John 17:25-26- O Righteous Father! The world has not known you, but I have known You; and these have known that You Sent Me,-26- And I have Declared to them Your Name, and I will Declare It, that the Love with which You Loved Me may be in them, and I in them!
Romans 9:17 Quotes Exodus 9:16. So I believe that God is keeping His Promise, through Knowledge, what the enemy has tried to bury, is at this time being reveled to the world.
But as always, one must make a choice, through research, both Historical and Scriptural, and hopefully lead of the Spirit, My Wife and I spent many years, taking nothing at face value, but searching the Scriptures to prove all that we encountered!

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This verse suggests that the disciples themselves believed in Jesus after seeing the power of this God.

John 2:11
11What Jesus did here in Cana of Galilee was the first of the signs through which he revealed his glory; and his disciples believed in him.
Don't conclude that people only believe in God because of miracles experienced or seen with the natural eye. You cannot understand because you are lacking the "eyes to see" which Jesus often mentioned. The "eyes" are available but only to one who goes His Way.

Reactions: LC627 and bbyrd009

lforrest

Staff member
Admin
Aug 10, 2012
Faith
Christian
Don't conclude that people only believe in God because of miracles experienced or seen with the natural eye. You cannot understand because you are lacking the "eyes to see" which Jesus often mentioned. The "eyes" are available but only to one who goes His Way.

I believed only because his words about sin and repentance spoke to my heart.

It took a period of fasting before my eyes were opened to what he had already done for me.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I believed only because his words about sin and repentance spoke to my heart.

It took a period of fasting before my eyes were opened to what he had already done for me.
Give God the glory my friend!

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
It is a fair question.
it's gonna be fairer when God asks him why he didn't do something about it if it bugged him so much i guess
the God that he does not believe in, right
see, the Q seems fair, until you rephrase it

i remember dealing with this with RDawkins, had some friends who were fans. The guy was not stupid, until it came to God anyway; then it becomes apparent that he was just mad at God, too. The God that he did not believe in either. I could even pull up a clip, you can watch the change come over his face. And God help you if you asked him why he was mad at a God that he did not even believe existed lol

better imo to admit that you are mad at God
than to deceive yourself

Last edited:
Reactions: amadeus and LC627

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
it's gonna be fairer when God asks him why he didn't do something about it if it bugged him so much i guess
the God that he does not believe in, right
see, the Q seems fair, until you rephrase it

i remember dealing with this with RDawkins, had some friends who were fans. The guy was not stupid, until it came to God anyway; then it becomes apparent that he was just mad at God, too. The God that he did not believe in either. I could even pull up a clip, you can watch the change come over his face. And God help you if you asked him why he was mad at a God that he did not even believe existed lol

better imo to admit that you are mad at God
than to deceive yourself

I completely see your point. There is a man I know that would have been among believers until his son overdosed. Now he is probably the most bitter and hater of God that I have encountered in my life. Bring up God and he will spit on any testimony.

Yet, I can only speak for me but I am frustrated. It’s got to be me but the OP provokes this frustration in the asking of am I all words and scripture with no power? Again, I speak only for me and in no way imply this of others.

Is the OP so horrible? First the OP seems to notice an obvious need for action, not only words. It is not denying the incredible need. Even if the poster is bitter, hurt, angry, worn down...Is it all bad to attempt to provoke love by challenging us to live and demonstrate what we preach?

1 Corinthians 11:19
[19] For there must be also heresies among you, that they which are approved may be made manifest among you.

2 Timothy 2:15
[15] Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.

Acts 2:22
[22] Ye men of Israel, hear these words; Jesus of Nazareth, a man approved of God among you by miracles and wonders and signs, which God did by him in the midst of you, as ye yourselves also know:

2 Corinthians 10:18
[18] For not he that commendeth himself is approved, but whom the Lord commendeth.

Matthew 7:22-23
[22] Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works? [23] And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.

Reactions: LC627

LC627

May 11, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I completely see your point. There is a man I know that would have been among believers until his son overdosed. Now he is probably the most bitter and hater of God that I have encountered in my life. Bring up God and he will spit on any testimony.

Yet, I can only speak for me but I am frustrated. It’s got to be me but the OP provokes this frustration in the asking of am I all words and scripture with no power? Again, I speak only for me and in no way imply this of others.

Is the OP so horrible? First the OP seems to notice an obvious need for action, not only words. It is not denying the incredible need. Even if the poster is bitter, hurt, angry, worn down...Is it all bad to attempt to provoke love by challenging us to live and demonstrate what we preach?

1 Corinthians 11:19
[19] For there must be also heresies among you, that they which are approved may be made manifest among you.

2 Timothy 2:15
[15] Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.

Acts 2:22
[22] Ye men of Israel, hear these words; Jesus of Nazareth, a man approved of God among you by miracles and wonders and signs, which God did by him in the midst of you, as ye yourselves also know:

2 Corinthians 10:18
[18] For not he that commendeth himself is approved, but whom the Lord commendeth.

Matthew 7:22-23
[22] Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works? [23] And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.

It is important to also note that even if someone does see a miracle work of God or see Him work in some way, that is not a guarantee that they will believe. What it all boils down to is the condition of the heart. Jesus could walk through their wall right now and stand before them and they probably would find a reason to discredit it.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country

no, not all bad; but then that was not what he was doing either, huh.
He is demanding that we demonstrate what he reads in the Bible, literally
rather than spiritually, when It would then make sense.

speaking generally, ppl, believers who are frustrated have sold their birthright
and, just like pia (pbuh), devalue their worth and importance in what matters
imo
but i say that with some confidence bc i am that guy too lol
sometimes, still, now and then

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
the OP provokes this frustration in the asking of am I all words and scripture with no power?
the frame of mind that is best for really getting
19If we have put our hope in Christ for this life only, we should be pitied more than anyone.

see the little joke there, in part1 now? Bc you rep many believers, i'm sure, not just yourself. "Joke" is not quite the right word; it is like a misdirection or something, almost like a sleight-of-hand magician's trick, only done with words.
the bed is too short, the blanket is too narrow
and all that rot
Um, bc who ever put their hope in Christ for this life only? lol
so--i dunno if this is clear or not yet--see how the Author could literally be telling you that part1 is ezackly what one should do, only in such a way that you read right over it? See it but don't see it?

this is how "going to heaven after you die" (cult of Sol), Rapture (just plain heresy) and other (mostly RCC) doctrines can even propagate, see. They are tailored to our desires and expectations
imo
tumblr_nuwvepThDu1t01lo4o1_500.jpg

now, i wish i could tell you that i am never frustrated, but i can't say that
at least not yet
but i def see some daylight there now, yay

Last edited:
Reactions: Helen

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
For whoever has, to him more shall be given, and he will have an abundance;
but whoever does not have, even what he has shall be taken away from him

in all 3 Synoptics. see, you got kids, you got health, you have stuff, right, and God has no probs taking these things away if that is what might save you. God does not plex on "was he saved, is she lost, but she was just a little kid"
bc those things are meaningless
like our def of "saved"
or "dead" even

imo

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada

Only if we believe that "we should have power" we should be able to "get things done", like change lives.
"We" can't even bring someone into the Kingdom.
Even back in our early "faith and power" days of much action, starting a church, leading converts to the Lord, laying hands on them and seeing healing.
In our 30's we foolishly thought that we possessed the power to do these things. Then in our 40's we slowly found that it was all "God in and through, us". Unless HE is doing it, it wont happen.
He used us then in spite of our ignorance. I guess we just happened to be standing there, willing to be used. :)

It wasn't us.
And now today...if God does it...whatever the "it" is, then it happens...if He doesn't, it wont.
Personally if we go back in history there were seasons.
Great preacher's, or great healers...or mighty moves of the Spirit.
On the whole, I do not see that happening now in these days.
God is not moving very much in great power, through men.
One here, one there, but nothing big happening.

I think it is just a time of waiting..waiting for the last final wave of God.
But, even as I look in the Spirit, I don't even yet hear it or see it on the horizon.

And now, before I post this, I have to confess that I have not read every post on this thread.....so if my post is off in the left field...just pass on to the next.
:)

Project Panda

Apr 23, 2018
Queensland
Faith
Agnostic
Country
Australia
No, not at all. Faith wouldn't be faith if we had all the answers. You are justifying why you don't believe because of what others are doing. You clearly are dealing with a hurt in some way and I think that you know that.
No, I didn't conclude that. Now we're back to me having spiritual eyes to see....you know what. Forget this garbage, I've had enough of talking with Christians. I'm just wasting time, when I could be doing so much more.

Goodbye people.

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I think God right now is in a quiet hidden time.

In many "churches" we see lots of action and noise.
This doesn't mean that God is doing anything.
People would rather see any action than sit and quietly wait for God to move.
And, when God doesn't "perform"...they get on their hind legs and do it for Him...except it doesn't ever fool the wise... though at this time it is fooling the many.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
No, I didn't conclude that. Now we're back to me having spiritual eyes to see....you know what. Forget this garbage, I've had enough of talking with Christians. I'm just wasting time, when I could be doing so much more.

Goodbye people.
:rolleyes:
doesn't wanna engage Christians, but comes to a Christian forum
doesn't wanna engage the religious, but steadfastly avoids the Anarchist
hmm
"i know that most men..."

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
It is a fair question.
the power is all in your hands, see, the world is your oyster, but we just forget, and need the gaze of a little kid to remind us (if we are, say, a bus driver. for instance), or an interaction with a wild animal even, or even a few days alone in a cave, however long it takes for the demon to show up and you to best him; usually much less than a day, for city ppl. (for him to show up anyway)

we're so completely immersed in miracles that we disdain them when we grow up, i guess
but we see every little imperfection just fine huh

Last edited:
Reactions: Helen