The Children of the Devil

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I better stop trying to please you with the scriptures, maybe someday you will find the wright answers for yourself.

In other words, you cannot answer my question as to who are the children of the devil? Or, don't want to, as you are a sinner also.

Stranger

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
don't forget you are surrounded by a cloud though, of other seekers; iow your reply is not made in a vacuum ok, you have a congregation right here, and prolly other ones wondering where you are right now, even missing you

Now that is a good and wise word. Well said.

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
As I said in the scriptures before: whoever does not righteousness is not of God, neither he that loves not his brother.

Then, back to my original question. (1 John 3:8) says, "He that committeth sin is of the devil;" Are you saying you are not a sinner? Or, are you saying you are a sinner but do the righteousness of God?

(1 John 3:9) says "Whosoever is born of God doth not commit sin; for his seed remaineth in him: and he cannot sin, because he is born of God." So, do you sin?

See, it's easy to go to the book of (1 John) and get real legal on believers. But ( 1 John) can bite you when you try it.

So, do you sin or not?

Stranger

Reactions: bbyrd009

WalterandDebbie

Dec 14, 2009
USA
firstthings1sttab.tripod.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Then, back to my original question. (1 John 3:8) says, "He that committeth sin is of the devil;" Are you saying you are not a sinner? Or, are you saying you are a sinner but do the righteousness of God?

(1 John 3:9) says "Whosoever is born of God doth not commit sin; for his seed remaineth in him: and he cannot sin, because he is born of God." So, do you sin?

See, it's easy to go to the book of (1 John) and get real legal on believers. But ( 1 John) can bite you when you try it.

So, do you sin or not?

Stranger
No! not willfully, but as I can see you already know about the above.

I thank God through Jesus Christ our Lord. So then with the mind I myself serve the law of God; but with the flesh the law of sin.

Last edited:

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
No! not willfully
hmm. i'd like to believe the same of myself, but imo we commit many willful sins in a day, but they are just considered acceptable, and everyone around us has done them all of our lives, so we don't perceive them as being sin. i guess even prolly most of the things we do fall into this category, lots of "sins of convenience" etc.

"it is pointless to be for water conservation if all of your faucets are instant-on."

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No! not willfully, but as I can see you already know about the above.

I thank God through Jesus Christ our Lord. So then with the mind I myself serve the law of God; but with the flesh the law of sin.

Which brings us back to your original subject. Who are the children of the devil?

Stranger

WalterandDebbie

Dec 14, 2009
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Who...not what. So, do you sin or not?

Stranger

No! I do not practice sin:
With my mind I do not sin, but with my body is different with the law of sin.

Likewise reckon ye also yourselves to be dead indeed unto sin, but alive unto God through Jesus Christ our Lord. Romans 6:11

Let not sin therefore reign in your mortal body, that ye should obey it in the lusts thereof. Romans 6:12

Last edited:

WalterandDebbie

Dec 14, 2009
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Then I think every one of us has a suspect genealogy ... :D

What comes to my mind is.."Let him who is without sin throw the first stone."
As Peter said- " who then can be saved.."
I'am glad that you and me and others, have some scripture background.

An allusion to an utterance of Jesus' in John 8:7, viz. “He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone at her.”

Matthew 19:23-30 23Then Jesus said to his disciples, "Truly I tell you, it is hard for someone who is rich to enter the kingdom of heaven. 24Again I tell you, it is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle than for someone who is rich to enter the kingdom of God." 25When the disciples heard this, they were greatly astonished and asked, "Who then can be saved?"

26Jesus looked at them and said, "With man this is impossible, but with God all things are possible." 27Peter answered him, "We have left everything to follow you! What then will there be for us?" 28Jesus said to them, "Truly I tell you, at the renewal of all things, when the Son of Man sits on his glorious throne, you who have followed me will also sit on twelve thrones, judging the twelve tribes of Israel.

29And everyone who has left houses or brothers or sisters or father or mother or wife or children or fields for my sake will receive a hundred times as much and will inherit eternal life. 30But many who are first will be last, and many who are last will be first.

Last edited:
Reactions: Helen

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No! I do not practice sin:
With my mind I do not sin, but with my body is different with the law of sin.

Likewise reckon ye also yourselves to be dead indeed unto sin, but alive unto God through Jesus Christ our Lord. Romans 6:11

Let not sin therefore reign in your mortal body, that ye should obey it in the lusts thereof. Romans 6:12

Oh? You don't 'practice' sin. You just sin with your body. That's handy. You don't sin with your mind? Please. You don't have covetous thoughts ever? You don't have lustful thoughts ever? Go ahead and lie to me.

So, what you show so far is that you're a sinner. Just like the rest of us. Why are you not a child of the devil? What makes one a child of the devil?

Stranger

WalterandDebbie

Dec 14, 2009
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Oh? You don't 'practice' sin. You just sin with your body. That's handy. You don't sin with your mind? Please. You don't have covetous thoughts ever? You don't have lustful thoughts ever? Go ahead and lie to me.

So, what you show so far is that you're a sinner. Just like the rest of us. Why are you not a child of the devil? What makes one a child of the devil?

Stranger
You are trying to judge me with yourself, Why are you not taking heed of yourself?

He hath shewed thee, O man, what is good; and what doth the LORD require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God?
Micah 6:8 Micah 6 KJV

Last edited:

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You are trying to judge me with yourself, Why are you not taking heed of yourself?

He hath shewed thee, O man, what is good; and what doth the LORD require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God?
Micah 6:8 Micah 6 KJV

And who are you trying to judge with the topic of this thread?

You want to sit in judgement of others as 'children of the devil', yet you cannot define who the children of the devil are. Of course it is everyone who is not like you...but then you too are found to be a sinner and so you have no answer.

So, if you're a sinner, what makes others a child of the devil and you not?

Stranger

WalterandDebbie

Dec 14, 2009
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And who are you trying to judge with the topic of this thread?

You want to sit in judgement of others as 'children of the devil', yet you cannot define who the children of the devil are. Of course it is everyone who is not like you...but then you too are found to be a sinner and so you have no answer.

So, if you're a sinner, what makes others a child of the devil and you not?

Stranger
You are trying to make me what you want me to be a sinner. I have proved you wrong with and without the scriptures many times.

All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:

2 Timothy 3:16

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Children of the devil do not love perfectly - none of us love perfectly - unless we become adopted children of God and learn and practice loving we will remain children of the devil