The Children of the Devil

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You are trying to make me what you want me to be a sinner. I have proved you wrong with and without the scriptures many times.

All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:

2 Timothy 3:16

Are you saying you are not a sinner? (1 John 1:8) disagrees with you. But then he says in (3:8), "He that committeth sin is of the devil;...." And then in (3:9), "Whosoever is born of God doth not commit sin;...."

So we know John is not saying because we are sinners that we are children of the devil. For we all are sinners. But the children of the devil can be distinguished from the children of God in that sin and unrighteousness characterizes the life of the children of the devil. And this doesn't have to be an outward display of immorality. It can manifest itself as moral and good. What did Jesus say to the Pharisees? (John 8:44) "Ye are of your father the devil, and the lusts of your father ye will do...." Outwardly they were strict keepers of the Law. Yet they were still children of the devil and their life did not reflect the righteousness of God.

Sin and unrighteousness manifest the children of the devil. Just like Jesus told the Pharisees. They did not manifest the righteousness of God. They did not love the brethren. (1 John 3:10) "...whosoever doeth not righteousness is not of God, neither he that loveth not his brother." And love toward the brethren was a new commandment given by Christ. (John 13:34) " A new commandment I give unto you, That ye love one another as I have loved you, that ye also love one another." (John 15:12,17)

So, the believer can and does sin. But he takes that sin to God and confesses it. (1 John 1:9-10) The believer is not a child of the devil because he sinned. And though the believer can sin, his new nature, the seed of God in him, does not and cannot sin. (1 John 3:9) "Whosoever is born of God doth not commit sin; for his seed remaineth in him: and he cannot sin, because he is born of God." That seed of God in the believer insures that the believer can not live a life of sin and unrighteousness. If he strays the Spirit of God in Him will get him back or take him home. He remains a child of God.

Stranger

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Children of the devil do not love perfectly - none of us love perfectly - unless we become adopted children of God and learn and practice loving we will remain children of the devil

I am not sure of all that you are saying here. But, I am sure that I disagree with it.

Stranger

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
ya, so then see--if you will--what happens when you go and have Some Guy tell you that you are "saved" after a little public profession among your comfy new friends. You get led right into Denial, from day 1.

Oh, That Doesn't Apply To Me Anymore. (Here, You Can Even Read It, Along With Me.)

because yes, it is true that if you are In Christ, you are a new creation, and you cannot sin, and etc, but, in the same manner that an Accepted One and a Rejected One can be described with the same Scriptural phrases,

17And these signs will accompany those who believe: In My name they will drive out demons; they will speak in new languages;
18they will pick up snakes; if they should drink anything deadly, it will never harm them; they will lay hands on the sick, and they will get well.”

21“Not everyone who says to Me, ‘Lord, Lord! ’ will enter the kingdom of heaven,ab but only the one who doesthe willac of My Father in heaven.ad
22On that day many will say to Me, ‘Lord, Lord, didn’t we prophesy in Your name, drive out demonsae in Your name, and do many miracles in Your name?

or

19He will not argue or shout, and no one will hear His voice in the streets.

26Then you will say, ‘We ate and drank in Your presence, and You taught in our streets! ’

see that we have another name for those who "cannot sin;" psychopath

and leading you into denial is key to managing your perceptions, see

WalterandDebbie

Dec 14, 2009
USA
firstthings1sttab.tripod.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Are you saying you are not a sinner? (1 John 1:8) disagrees with you. But then he says in (3:8), "He that committeth sin is of the devil;...." And then in (3:9), "Whosoever is born of God doth not commit sin;...."

So we know John is not saying because we are sinners that we are children of the devil. For we all are sinners. But the children of the devil can be distinguished from the children of God in that sin and unrighteousness characterizes the life of the children of the devil. And this doesn't have to be an outward display of immorality. It can manifest itself as moral and good. What did Jesus say to the Pharisees? (John 8:44) "Ye are of your father the devil, and the lusts of your father ye will do...." Outwardly they were strict keepers of the Law. Yet they were still children of the devil and their life did not reflect the righteousness of God.

Sin and unrighteousness manifest the children of the devil. Just like Jesus told the Pharisees. They did not manifest the righteousness of God. They did not love the brethren. (1 John 3:10) "...whosoever doeth not righteousness is not of God, neither he that loveth not his brother." And love toward the brethren was a new commandment given by Christ. (John 13:34) " A new commandment I give unto you, That ye love one another as I have loved you, that ye also love one another." (John 15:12,17)

So, the believer can and does sin. But he takes that sin to God and confesses it. (1 John 1:9-10) The believer is not a child of the devil because he sinned. And though the believer can sin, his new nature, the seed of God in him, does not and cannot sin. (1 John 3:9) "Whosoever is born of God doth not commit sin; for his seed remaineth in him: and he cannot sin, because he is born of God." That seed of God in the believer insures that the believer can not live a life of sin and unrighteousness. If he strays the Spirit of God in Him will get him back or take him home. He remains a child of God.

Stranger
These scriptures above are correct, but we are confident that we are not to continue to sin, so then, we show respect towards God. What then? shall we sin, because we are not under the law, but under grace? God forbid.

Romans 6:15 Romans 6 KJV

God Remains Faithful

(Psalm 147:1-20; Hebrews 10:1-18)

1What advantage then hath the Jew? or what profit is there of circumcision? 2Much every way: chiefly, because that unto them were committed the oracles of God. 3For what if some did not believe? shall their unbelief make the faith of God without effect?

4God forbid: yea, let God be true, but every man a liar; as it is written, That thou mightest be justified in thy sayings, and mightest overcome when thou art judged.

5But if our unrighteousness commend the righteousness of God, what shall we say? Is God unrighteous who taketh vengeance? (I speak as a man) 6God forbid: for then how shall God judge the world?

7For if the truth of God hath more abounded through my lie unto his glory; why yet am I also judged as a sinner?

8And not rather, (as we be slanderously reported, and as some affirm that we say,) Let us do evil, that good may come? whose damnation is just.

Romans 3 KJV

Last edited:

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
hey, if Some Guy who i had given 10% to for umpty ump months had convinced me that i was saved already OSAS, i would be disagreeing to lol. Maybe even disagreeable lol. i forgive you, fwiw

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
These scriptures above are correct, but we are confident that we are not to continue to sin, so then, we show respect towards God. What then? shall we sin, because we are not under the law, but under grace? God forbid.

Romans 6:15 Romans 6 KJV

God Remains Faithful

(Psalm 147:1-20; Hebrews 10:1-18)

1What advantage then hath the Jew? or what profit is there of circumcision? 2Much every way: chiefly, because that unto them were committed the oracles of God. 3For what if some did not believe? shall their unbelief make the faith of God without effect?

4God forbid: yea, let God be true, but every man a liar; as it is written, That thou mightest be justified in thy sayings, and mightest overcome when thou art judged.

5But if our unrighteousness commend the righteousness of God, what shall we say? Is God unrighteous who taketh vengeance? (I speak as a man) 6God forbid: for then how shall God judge the world?

7For if the truth of God hath more abounded through my lie unto his glory; why yet am I also judged as a sinner?

8And not rather, (as we be slanderously reported, and as some affirm that we say,) Let us do evil, that good may come? whose damnation is just.

Romans 3 KJV

But who are the children of satan?

Stranger

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I do not willfully sin, esp. against GOD even if I did, I do repent of that known sin, and still not willfully.

You're lying to yourself and God.

What do you mean? You don't wilfully repent? Strange.

'Thou shalt not covet'. In other words...did you want to.

Stranger

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No! I do not want to sin, why is that so strange?

What is strange is that you don't 'wilfully repent'.

What does it mean to 'covet'?

And if the Law brings all manner of coveting in the individual, how is that unwilfull sinning? (Rom. 7:7-10)

You deceive yourself.

Stranger