The Children of the Devil

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

WalterandDebbie

Dec 14, 2009
USA
firstthings1sttab.tripod.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What is strange is that you don't 'wilfully repent'.

What does it mean to 'covet'?

And if the Law brings all manner of coveting in the individual, how is that unwilfull sinning? (Rom. 7:7-10)

You deceive yourself.

Stranger
This is what I said:I do not willfully sin, esp. against GOD even if I did, I do repent of that known sin, and still not willfully.

That is not the same

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This is what I said:I do not willfully sin, esp. against GOD even if I did, I do repent of that known sin, and still not willfully.

That is not the same

All sin is against God. Just because you repent doesn't mean the sin was unwilfull.

What does it mean to covet?

How is coveting unwilfull sin? (Rom. 7:7-10)

Stranger

WalterandDebbie

Dec 14, 2009
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What is strange is that you don't 'wilfully repent'.

What does it mean to 'covet'?

And if the Law brings all manner of coveting in the individual, how is that unwilfull sinning? (Rom. 7:7-10)

You deceive yourself.

Stranger
All sin is against God. Just because you repent doesn't mean the sin was unwilfull.

What does it mean to covet?

How is coveting unwilfull sin? (Rom. 7:7-10)

Stranger
You are saying these above scriptures as though you are not looking at yourself being guilty. Why don't you look at yourself. Ask yourself these same questions.

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You are saying these above scriptures as though you are not looking at yourself being guilty. Why don't you look at yourself. Ask yourself these same questions.

I am guilty. I don't deny it. You are denying it.

Stranger

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well, at least the part you understood....

Oh, yes, you are so deep in your revelations.

Or, you dont' know what you're talking about. And we are 'deep' in it.

I'm thinking the later.

Stranger

WalterandDebbie

Dec 14, 2009
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I was tempted by the devil with lust every since I came into the world, but I can recall the time when I was tempted with whatever I wanted
Until I was at the age 49, but now that I know what lust is, I would search the scriptures for what to do about that issue, to get free from sin.

Being then made free from sin, ye became the servants of righteousness.
Romans 6:18

Last edited:

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
( Stranger said:-But who are the children of the devil?

All that willfully sin

Hi, I find this interesting...yet this thread seems to be going nowhere...you probably wish you had not even started it! Ha!

I have heard people talk about "wilful sin" before. But I am one who believe that 99% of sin is wilful. No one "makes" us sin.
It sounds somewhat like the husband that hits his wife, but says to her.."you made me do it, if you didn't make me angry I wouldn't have hit you."

We have freewill. God Himself has said- " Choose you this day whom you will serve......" If we have within us a "Chooser" then it us and us alone who over-ride the Holy Spirit within us and go ahead to do what we wish to do!

My answer to "who are the seed of the Devil?"
Is that it is the wrong season to know it. I go back to the wheat and tares again. The time of separating wheat and tares, and the sheep from goats is not yet. At this moment they/we all look the same.
That is what I believe. :)

Every blessing....Helen

Reactions: WalterandDebbie

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Until I was at the age 49, but now that I know what lust is, I would search the scriptures for what to do about that issue, to get free from sin.

Being then made free from sin, ye became the servants of righteousness.
Romans 6:18

So, what are you saying? You haven't lusted since age 49?

Stranger

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Your words

Not mine

Well, yes...they are my words. Is that supposed to mean something? Some deep revelation again? I don't think I tried to hide it. But the point is you do not answer.

Stranger

WalterandDebbie

Dec 14, 2009
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Hi, I find this interesting...yet this thread seems to be going nowhere...you probably wish you had not even started it! Ha!

I have heard people talk about "wilful sin" before. But I am one who believe that 99% of sin is wilful. No one "makes" us sin.
It sounds somewhat like the husband that hits his wife, but says to her.."you made me do it, if you didn't make me angry I wouldn't have hit you."

We have freewill. God Himself has said- " Choose you this day whom you will serve......" If we have within us a "Chooser" then it us and us alone who over-ride the Holy Spirit within us and go ahead to do what we wish to do!

Is that it is the wrong season to know it. I go back to the wheat and tares again. The time of separating wheat and tares, and the sheep from goats is not yet. At this moment they/we all look the same.

Every blessing....Helen
Helen, is it? I was reading your post, and I would have to pray about, and I will get with you. ok?

Every blessing....Helen
So, what are you saying? You haven't lusted since age 49?

Stranger
The Devil would have me to look at something, but the word says not to go after that issue, now let me ask you the same question?

Last edited: